***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

would anyone trade Dom Brown for David Wright? not sure if the Phils can afford Wright's salary with what they already have but it is an interesting thought.

holy shit, someone wants to talk about what the phils should do??

I brought up this exact trade a week or so again. I read brown/worley/prospect for wright. I'd do that in a heartbeat. Probably a long shot though, I dont see the mets making a big trade with the phils. Like I said before, imagine the phils trading for wright and signing reyes?? Mets fans' heads would collectively explode

i would trade brown for wright but i'm not sure i'd go brown/worley and a prospect. that seems kind of high to me. take out one of those and give up 2 i would probably do it. i think wright would flourish again with this team too. i think being on a good team in this ballpark would do wonders for him.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    You have got to be kidding. It's been 3 years.

dude is the biggest andy reid supporter in the universe...a man who has won absolutely nothing.

fixer's a joke. only posts in here to rile people up-all threads. i think i'm convinced of that now.

I've tried talking baseball with you numerous times. You never reciprocate because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
    :lol:
    if it seems like i am not "reciprocating" with you, as we've all seen; maybe it's because you're just an ass who only comes around here to argue with people.

click on "view your posts." literally 90% of the shit you say, in every thread, is negative and/or argumentative. you've evolved into some sort of hybrd troll.

in short, you're just not worth it. sorry.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    dude is the biggest andy reid supporter in the universe...a man who has won absolutely nothing.

fixer's a joke. only posts in here to rile people up-all threads. i think i'm convinced of that now.

I've tried talking baseball with you numerous times. You never reciprocate because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
    if it seems like i am not "reciprocating" with you, as we've all seen; maybe it's because you're just an ass who only comes around here to argue with people.

click on "view your posts." literally 90% of the shit you say, in every thread, is negative and/or argumentative. you've evolved into some sort of hybrd troll.

again, no baseball talk

point proven
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

again, no baseball talk

point proven

i have talked some baseball. just not with you.

i know what you should do. since you've got all this pent up angst and frustration. go and bump all the other baseball threads that are way lower on the board than this one. go piss those people off and yell at them for their lack of baseball talk in early november. ---use this emoticon too: :x

seriously--click "view your posts." you come across as a jack off all the time. go see what multiple people in here said about you over the weekend. just a couple pages back. people don't enjoy talking with jack off's. sorry.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

again, no baseball talk

point proven

i know what you should do. since you've got all this pent up angst and frustration. go and bump all the other baseball threads that are way lower on the board than this one. go piss those people off and yell at them for their lack of baseball talk in early november. ---use this emoticon too: :x

seriously--click "view your posts." you come across as a jack off all the time. go see what multiple people in here said about you over the weekend. just a couple pages back. people don't enjoy talking with jack off's. sorry.
    funny. still no baseball. lots of excuses about why you don't know the game, but no real substance or answers to the questions I've been posing to you since the phils lost.

mortgage business must be keeping you busy since you have all this extra time to analyze every one of my posts. good to see that industry is still thriving :roll:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

again, no baseball talk

point proven

funny. still no baseball. lots of excuses about why you don't know the game, but no real substance or answers to the questions I've been posing to you since the phils lost.

mortgage business must be keeping you busy since you have all this extra time to analyze every one of my posts. good to see that industry is still thriving :roll:

you post in all the threads i do. so it's pretty easy to see someone being a dick all the time. it's kind of annoying.

but yeah...busy as hell though! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    there is no way I could keep up with as many threads as you do. you must be real busy.

anyway, let me know when you're ready to talk phils-related hot stove. I understand if you need some more time to study up.
    The Fixer wrote:
    there is no way I could keep up with as many threads as you do. you must be real busy.

anyway, let me know when you're ready to talk phils-related hot stove. I understand if you need some more time to study up.

about as busy as i've been since golden days. read up on it- record low rates, gov programs extended for 2 years = $$. i'm doing my best to keep this little bubble going as long as possible. then we're all screwed. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

about as busy as i've been since golden days. read up on it- record low rates, gov programs extended for 2 years = $$. i'm doing my best to keep this little bubble going as long as possible. then we're all screwed. :lol:

all of my friends that were in the industry (working at cendant, wells fargo, etc) have gotten out. except one of them. and he's trying like hell...he hates it
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

all of my friends that were in the industry (working at cendant, wells fargo, etc) have gotten out. except one of them. and he's trying like hell...he hates it

those places don't pay well. that's why. wells gives you a good base but you can't make much more than that. i know guys who are there and they went there just for the comfort of the base. i couldn't do that. not now at least.

lots of people have left the industry over the past 5 years. the one's who stayed are the ones who have done things the right way. i'm actually making way more now than i was back in the '03/'04 days.

we're hiring. if those guys wanna jump ship and make more money at least for the next few years, i'll be happy to pass their resumes along.
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    :lol::lol:

you go from calling someone a jack off to then be willing to pass his buddy's resumes along in a matter of 10 mins ... :lol::lol:

that's philly in a nutshell ... hahaha
    polaris_x wrote:

you go from calling someone a jack off to then be willing to pass his buddy's resumes along in a matter of 10 mins ... :lol::lol:

$1,000 referral bonus right now... ;):lol:
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:

I don't take anything on this board personally or all that seriously.

Sometimes I think I'm in the minority

I do honestly wish people would talk more phils though. I love debating what the team should/shouldn't do
  • I like the Thome signing - the bench was abysmal last year. I wonder if he's gonna try to play 1B once a week - pretty sure he said he couldn't play the field anymore. Of course, Sweeney was on the bench in 2010 and was barely used in the NLCS. :roll:

I don't really know anything about Cuddyer - but obviously something needs to change with the ever-aging lineup.

I think most of us needed a little decompressing (still do) after that ending. Apparently we're "off the bandwagon" because of that. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    I like the Thome signing - the bench was abysmal last year. I wonder if he's gonna try to play 1B once a week - pretty sure he said he couldn't play the field anymore. Of course, Sweeney was on the bench in 2010 and was barely used in the NLCS. :roll:

I don't really know anything about Cuddyer - but obviously something needs to change with the ever-aging lineup.

I think most of us needed a little decompressing (still do) after that ending. Apparently we're "off the bandwagon" because of that. :lol:

I read on MLB Trade Rumors that Thome thinks he can get in shape to play first once or twice a week. I would be a little suprised if he plays more than 20-30 games there though. Not sure he can handle that.

Cuddyer is good, but a Type A, would definitely help you guys out next year, is versatile, and kills lefties. Decent power but is usually under .800 in OPS. I'm not sure the Phillies will end up with him, MLBTR has him getting 3 years and $25-30 mil. Not sure how good of a signing that would be, given his Type A status and age.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I like the Thome signing - the bench was abysmal last year. I wonder if he's gonna try to play 1B once a week - pretty sure he said he couldn't play the field anymore. Of course, Sweeney was on the bench in 2010 and was barely used in the NLCS. :roll:

I read on MLB Trade Rumors that Thome thinks he can get in shape to play first once or twice a week. I would be a little suprised if he plays more than 20-30 games there though. Not sure he can handle that.

Cuddyer is good, but a Type A, would definitely help you guys out next year, is versatile, and kills lefties. Decent power but is usually under .800 in OPS. I'm not sure the Phillies will end up with him, MLBTR has him getting 3 years and $25-30 mil. Not sure how good of a signing that would be, given his Type A status and age.

I don't want any part of cuddyer. He's 33 and this team is supposed to be trying to get younger. Giving a 33 year old 3+ years doesn't make much sense to me. cuddyer seems like a good guy, but he's always nicked up too. Phils have enough of those types of guys.

The Type A stuff doens't bother me as much since rollins and madson are both Type A's. Gotta figure they will have an extra pick to play with (I don't think they are signing both of them). That said, if they are looking to sign cuddyer and reyes or ramirez, then it makes the cuddyer signing that much worse.

BA released the phils top 10 prospect list last week. It included 3 relief pitchers. Never a good sign when 3 of your 10 highest rated prospects are bullpen guys.

And Johnny, I don't know what to tell you. I started thinking about offseason moves the minute the $125 million waste made the final out. I've been waiting for the hot stove season for 3 weeks
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't want any part of cuddyer. He's 33 and this team is supposed to be trying to get younger. Giving a 33 year old 3+ years doesn't make much sense to me. cuddyer seems like a good guy, but he's always nicked up too. Phils have enough of those types of guys.

The Type A stuff doens't bother me as much since rollins and madson are both Type A's. Gotta figure they will have an extra pick to play with (I don't think they are signing both of them). That said, if they are looking to sign cuddyer and reyes or ramirez, then it makes the cuddyer signing that much worse.

BA released the phils top 10 prospect list last week. It included 3 relief pitchers. Never a good sign when 3 of your 10 highest rated prospects are bullpen guys.

And Johnny, I don't know what to tell you. I started thinking about offseason moves the minute the $125 million waste made the final out. I've been waiting for the hot stove season for 3 weeks

I hear you. Phillies were old this year and that just makes them older. Good point on the type a, they will most likely lose one of them so it would pretty much be a wash. I don't think Cuddyer would be a great move, but those kind of deals have almost become Amaros trademark. I don't think they'll sign him though.

Edit: Winter meetings are exactly one month away.
    If anyone has any doubt about how big boxing is in Philadelphia, take a ride into the city today and listen to what people are talking about.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If anyone has any doubt about how big boxing is in Philadelphia, take a ride into the city today and listen to what people are talking about.

jerry sandusky/joepa?

just kidding...joe frazier is a legend around here no doubt about it. i thought he was older than 67. such a shame. fucking cancer.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

jerry sandusky/joepa?

just kidding...joe frazier is a legend around here no doubt about it. i thought he was older than 67. such a shame. fucking cancer.

Ha, yeah, well that too, but yeah, pretty crazy how big he is here. I was really suprised when I first moved here. It's also crazy to hear locals talk about how bad the Ali stuff really got to him back in the day. I guess there is a lot of shit that isn't really talked about in the media that Ali did and is pretty fucked up. Showing up at his gym here unannounced talking shit and calling him out and things like that.

Fucking cancer is right.
    Keith Law on Cuddyer. Um yeah, no thanks...I've heard this story before.

2. Michael Cuddyer, RF: The outfield market is so thin that a bad defensive outfielder who might be better suited to platoon duty shows up as the second-best outfielder available in free agency. Cuddyer does have dead-pull power but struggled with better velocity in 2011, which might be a fluke and age-related decline. He's playable but a liability in left field, and Cuddyer's bat doesn't really profile as an everyday player at first base or DH. Happy shopping!
    Sounds like you guys are about to sign Madson.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Sounds like you guys are about to sign Madson.

I am terified to see this contract. Boras guys just don't sign this early in free agency
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    The Fixer wrote:

still the most entertaining thread on this board :thumbup: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Looks like were about to lock Madson up to a 4yr 44 million deal.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Looks like were about to lock Madson up to a 4yr 44 million deal.

With a $13 mil option for a 5th year. Ha, oh Ruben. 4-5 years for a reliever.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

With a $13 mil option for a 5th year. Ha, oh Ruben. 4-5 years for a reliever.

oh great.

at least it's not papelbon. and it doesn't cost them any picks.

eh, who am I kidding? this sucks

salisbury says papelbon is still in the mix.

and cuddyer met with the phils today.
    www.myspace.com
    Cuddyer in Philly. Here we go...

salisbury says papelbon is still in the mix.

and cuddyer met with the phils today.

what do you think about all of this?
This discussion has been closed.