***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The Fixer wrote:
    been a while since this team won it all, looks like the bandwagon is emptying out

You have got to be kidding. It's been 3 years.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    the fixer is too funny in this thread :lol:

sometimes it's too easy around here.

and just remember...the playoffs don't matter. as long as the team is good during the regular season then people in this thread are satisfied

in case you can't tell, I'm still not over this team choking vs STL...or SF

as we all know.unless you pick up the trophy ...you ain't did shit

yet the guy is a blind andy reid enthusiast :lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    been a while since this team won it all, looks like the bandwagon is emptying out

dude is the biggest andy reid supporter in the universe...a man who has won absolutely nothing.

fixer's a joke. only posts in here to rile people up-all threads. i think i'm convinced of that now.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Watched the movie "I melt with you" last night. Holy fuck. People are either going to love it or despise it, I thought it was fucking great. Was expecting hangover on steroids but a drama, yeah, let's just say it's not that. it's on demand and a pretty fucking crazy movie

what is this? never heard of it.

i finally saw the u2 doc last night. fucking awesome. achtung baby is one of my all time favs. the way they stumbled upon One (one of my all time songs) is incredible. worth watching just for that.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Watched the movie "I melt with you" last night. Holy fuck. People are either going to love it or despise it, I thought it was fucking great. Was expecting hangover on steroids but a drama, yeah, let's just say it's not that. it's on demand and a pretty fucking crazy movie

does this take place in philly or citizens bank park? Any phillies in this movie? :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The Fixer wrote:

dude is the biggest andy reid supporter in the universe...a man who has won absolutely nothing.

fixer's a joke.

He'd make a good Yankees fan calling 3 years "a while" since a title and keeping his eye on a bandwagon that doesn't really exist. Sure there's Philly fans that have come out of the woodwork over the past few years. But to jump on a bandwagon means you never had any attachment to a team and are just beginning to support them and I don't think that has happened with the Phils.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

fixer's a joke.

He'd make a good Yankees fan calling 3 years "a while" since a title and keeping his eye on a bandwagon that doesn't really exist. Sure there's Philly fans that have come out of the woodwork over the past few years. But to jump on a bandwagon means you never had any attachment to a team and are just beginning to support them and I don't think that has happened with the Phils.

he's just trying to argue with people again. look at all of his posts, in all threads. this is all he comes here to do.

can't believe thome's back
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

fixer's a joke. only posts in here to rile people up-all threads. i think i'm convinced of that now.
    I figured that out last year. Hence why i rarely post anymore.
    Go Birds!!!!

I figured that out last year. Hence why i rarely post anymore.

this thread has lost a lot of people over the last couple years.
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    the fixer is too funny in this thread :lol:

sometimes it's too easy around here.

and just remember...the playoffs don't matter. as long as the team is good during the regular season then people in this thread are satisfied (even though some talk shit all season about how great the team is)

in case you can't tell, I'm still not over this team choking vs STL...or SF
    That's funny because that was your take on the Iggles when I said I was sick of Reid and not winning anything

You and JP were just happy that Reid turned the franchise around and had made the playoffs so often
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • If you enjoy talking baseball and the Phillies you shouldn't let someone dictate whether or not you post

I understand your point but no one will keep me from posting

• I post on here to have conversations,not argue. And with him no matter how many times u prove him wrong,he'll always try and twist it. He hates a manager and kills the Phills,but loves Reid and defends him. Is Charlie the best not at all,but the dude led a team to a title. And i love his Zach Duke story,i even copied and posted word for word what was said. Then every couple months he brings it up to only not respond when i copy and paste what was really said again.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • If you enjoy talking baseball and the Phillies you shouldn't let someone dictate whether or not you post

I understand your point but no one will keep me from posting
    I here ya,this thread makes me get why other fans hate PHILLY fans.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • I post on here to have conversations,not argue. And with him no matter how many times u prove him wrong,he'll always try and twist it. He hates a manager and kills the Phills,but loves Reid and defends him. Is Charlie the best not at all,but the dude led a team to a title. And i love his Zach Duke story,i even copied and posted word for word what was said. Then every couple months he brings it up to only not respond when i copy and paste what was really said again.
    I hear ya totally

I tend to ignore the Bullshit and read between the lines and have figured out when it's a post to just piss me off

Plenty of times I haven't replied just because it's not gonna go anywhere

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Sounds like you guys are going after Cuddyer pretty hard.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

does this take place in philly or citizens bank park? Any phillies in this movie? :?

No, this thread is all things everything.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i finally saw the u2 doc last night. fucking awesome. achtung baby is one of my all time favs. the way they stumbled upon One (one of my all time songs) is incredible. worth watching just for that.

Didn't realize there was a U2 doc. Not a big fan but may have to check it out at some point.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I'll be honest I never see the Twins game but judging by his
    Stats and versatility sounds like a good move

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he can do a lot and he kills lefties. Phillies are going ot have to get him 500+ at bats though. He's an everyday player.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Didn't realize there was a U2 doc. Not a big fan but may have to check it out at some point.

even if your'e just a fan of music, it's worth checking out. it's basically them going back to the studio where they recorded that album and reminiscing about it...playing the songs, and listening/reacting to the early demos. it's fucking cool.

its' on showtime ondemand.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he can do a lot and he kills lefties. Phillies are going ot have to get him 500+ at bats though. He's an everyday player.
    I wonder if Thome will help bring him here ?

Put'em in LF or 3B

even if your'e just a fan of music, it's worth checking out. it's basically them going back to the studio where they recorded that album and reminiscing about it...playing the songs, and listening/reacting to the early demos. it's fucking cool.

Nice, sounds awesome. It's not that I dislike them, just never really got all that into them. Don't hate, don't love their music. I will definitely be checking it out. Thanks.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nice, sounds awesome. It's not that I dislike them, just never really got all that into them. Don't hate, don't love their music. I will definitely be checking it out. Thanks.

sure.

achtung baby, nevermind, and ten were the 3 albums that really got me into music back in the day.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

sure.

achtung baby, nevermind, and ten were the 3 albums that really got me into music back in the day.

Yeah, man. Definitely agree with the second two. Wasn't a bad year or so for music.

Put'em in LF or 3B

Can't hurt. He would be a good pickup for you guys, especially with a lefty heavy lineup. Like I said, just have to get him a full season of at bats. I think Amaro said he want's Brown to get another year in triple a (dude has fallen about has hard as a prospect can fall in 1 year), so that could be his at bats.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No, this thread is all things everything.

oh ok gotcha ;) :P
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Just got back from Dogfish Head. Good time last night. Faithfull is just okay. I am not a huge fan but it's awesome to have and will be fun to drink a few bottles.

Picked up a 4 pack of 120 minute though. That shit is fucking trouble. Did a number on me last night.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430

Put'em in LF or 3B

Thome was quoted in his press conference as saying he would definitely try to talk Cuddyer into coming here. said he is one of his most favorite teammates of his career. sounds to me like their is a real good chance of it happening.

would anyone trade Dom Brown for David Wright? not sure if the Phils can afford Wright's salary with what they already have but it is an interesting thought.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited November 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

I've tried talking baseball with you numerous times. You never reciprocate because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You just think every move the phils make is great, then you come here and talk about how great the team is.

You're clueless bro. You dont know shit about baseball.

What moves do you think the phils should make? What prospects do you want to see get a shot in spring training? What should they do with their free agents? Who would you offer/decline arbitration to?

You won't answer any of this shit because I will further expose you for the fair weather fan that you are (nothing wrong with being fair weather unless you pretend to be a die hard). Keep talking shit though you fucking child
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:

would anyone trade Dom Brown for David Wright? not sure if the Phils can afford Wright's salary with what they already have but it is an interesting thought.

holy shit, someone wants to talk about what the phils should do??

I brought up this exact trade a week or so again. I read brown/worley/prospect for wright. I'd do that in a heartbeat. Probably a long shot though, I dont see the mets making a big trade with the phils. Like I said before, imagine the phils trading for wright and signing reyes?? Mets fans' heads would collectively explode
This discussion has been closed.