***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    My buddy keeps trying to convince me they should sign Reyes I can't wrap my Phillies fan head around that

I'm still so pissed off/disappointed I can't even think about this team right now

Full on boycott mode right now

The way I look at it is that they are both injury prone at this point in their careers. I'd rather have the guy with the higher ceiling. Reyes is undoubtedly a better player now and going forward.

If I was RAJ my first offseason move would have been canning manuel.

I can't wait for the offseason to get going.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Fixer wrote:
    My buddy keeps trying to convince me they should sign Reyes I can't wrap my Phillies fan head around that

I'm still so pissed off/disappointed I can't even think about this team right now

The way I look at it is that they are both injury prone at this point in their careers. I'd rather have the guy with the higher ceiling. Reyes is undoubtedly a better player now and going forward.

i've been going back and forth on Reyes as well but I think you have to at least explore it. the guy is an asbolute stud when healthy and motivated. in the short term i'd love to see him on this team. might drive me insane 5 years down the line but helping this team win next year or the following year would probably be worth it. and if we are going to act like the yankees with our money then you have the sign the best.

and Bodog.com has listed odds to win the World Series next year and the Phils are listed as the favorite once again according to Comcast.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Reyes would be tough if they are really going to keep it at $175 mil with that article Fixer posted saying they have $40 mil for ten positions. That would be a good $15 of it there. Edit: That said, he would add a lot to the Phillies.
  • Palanco won a gold glove which is well done. good defense is important when you can't score.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

Yeah he is defintely better than Rollins. Jimmy has been declining now for a few seasons. Still has good range but not the bat anymore or wheels.

I would Keep Manuel. This year is it though this team flops again in the playoffs I would make a change

Tomorrow it all begins. I would say Madson's gone. Lidge is back at a reduced rate. Raul maybe 1-2 yr deal at lower money. Not sure about Oswalt, I never warmed up to the guy personally. Mayberry I guess at 1B for awhile.

I dont have a list of free agents handy ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    nothing major will probably happen till the winter meetings right?

looks like sandberg is meeting with the cardinals...
    www.myspace.com
    and there's this...

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... eco-um-ok/

Len Dykstra to fight Jose Canseco? Um, OK.

Craig Calcaterra

Nov 2, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
    20 Comments
    Former Major League baseball player Lenny Dykstra appears in Los Angeles Superior Court for an arraignment in San Fernando, California Reuters

I wasn’t even aware that they let Len Dykstra out of jail, but apparently he’s free on bail because according to this farkakte press release that readers Jonny 5 and Bicepts each brought to my attention, he’s free enough to where he’s going to fight Jose Canseco in one of those ghastly celebrity boxing match things. And when I say “ghastly,” it refers to just how horribly these things mangle the concept of “celebrity.”

Dykstra is a last minute replacement for the guy who got “famous” for crashing the White House party last year with his wife. And then his wife ran off with the guitar player for Journey. And I wish to God that I was (a) making that up; and/or (b) didn’t know it off the top of my head. I need to step away from the Internet.

Anyway, I can’t think of how either Dykstra or Canseco can sink any lower. Don’t get me wrong, they will sink lower, of this I have no doubt. I just can’t think of how they’ll do it.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    if oswalt comes to the yanks i'am going come and kick all your asses at once

sign the bum....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • if oswalt comes to the yanks i'am going come and kick all your asses at once

sign the bum....

You guys always take washed up/over the hill pitchers why stop now

;):lol:

• and there's this...

Craig Calcaterra

20 Comments
    Former Major League baseball player Lenny Dykstra appears in Los Angeles Superior Court for an arraignment in San Fernando, California Reuters

I wasn’t even aware that they let Len Dykstra out of jail, but apparently he’s free on bail because according to this farkakte press release that readers Jonny 5 and Bicepts each brought to my attention, he’s free enough to where he’s going to fight Jose Canseco in one of those ghastly celebrity boxing match things. And when I say “ghastly,” it refers to just how horribly these things mangle the concept of “celebrity.”

Dykstra is a last minute replacement for the guy who got “famous” for crashing the White House party last year with his wife. And then his wife ran off with the guitar player for Journey. And I wish to God that I was (a) making that up; and/or (b) didn’t know it off the top of my head. I need to step away from the Internet.

Anyway, I can’t think of how either Dykstra or Canseco can sink any lower. Don’t get me wrong, they will sink lower, of this I have no doubt. I just can’t think of how they’ll do it.

Wow....

• and there's this...

Craig Calcaterra

20 Comments

Nails' Last Stand
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

sign the bum....

they need a couple pitchers. jamie moyer is also available. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

sign the bum....

great job by the 4 aces this year :lol::lol:

oh yea 2009
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

oh yea 2009

eric milton?
    www.myspace.com

oh yea 2009

eric milton?

godzilla and AJ burnett :lol:

oh yea 2009

eric milton?

godzilla and AJ burnett :lol:

what? i'm trying to help your squad build a rotation.

paul byrd. now we're cookin'...go sign him.
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :lol::lol::lol: NEXT
  • if oswalt comes to the yanks i'am going come and kick all your asses at once

sign the bum....

MoyerTongue.jpg

:problem:
    www.myspace.com
    :lol:

bunch of scrubs....dogged it with that staff :):lol::lol:
    :lol:

bunch of scrubs....dogged it with that staff :):lol::lol:

jamie moyer. i'm serious. he can help the yankees.
    www.myspace.com
    Last time I checked the Yankees were the last of the two teams to win something even though the phillies had "the greatest rotation in the history of the game"
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Last time I checked the Yankees were the last of the two teams to win something even though the phillies had "the greatest rotation in the history of the game"

correct. when was the last time you checked though? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

correct. when was the last time you checked though? :lol:

Just now actually. This is what I found

NewYorkYankees2009WorldSeriesCha-1.jpg
    I am sure there is pretty much no one here that would be interested in this, but I went to Jay Z/Kanye concert last night and I gotta say, it was pretty fucking fantastic. I have seen Jay Z a bunch of times and am not a big Kanye fan, but they went all out for this and it was pretty incredible and really well done.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am sure there is pretty much no one here that would be interested in this, but I went to Jay Z/Kanye concert last night and I gotta say, it was pretty fucking fantastic. I have seen Jay Z a bunch of times and am not a big Kanye fan, but they went all out for this and it was pretty incredible and really well done.

was kanye wearing a leather dress?
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

was kanye wearing a leather dress?

He was. It was kind of bizarre. Kind of looked like a leather gladiator type thing. I didn't get it. Like I said, I don't really like him but it was a great show.
    And just heard about Roger Waters at CBP. That is going to be awesome. Saw him do Dark Side of the Moon a few years ago and it kicked ass.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And just heard about Roger Waters at CBP. That is going to be awesome. Saw him do Dark Side of the Moon a few years ago and it kicked ass.

yeah. i can't see myself missing that.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah. i can't see myself missing that.

Definitely a can't miss show.
This discussion has been closed.