***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    I'm sure its good, heard pretty good things, good not great, which sounds around what Jammin says. That said, people around here would say a log of poop is delicious if it said pearl jam on it.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I'm sure its good, heard pretty good things, good not great, which sounds around what Jammin says. That said, people around here would say a log of poop is delicious if it said pearl jam on it.

:lol::lol::lol: so true

go rangers tonight. again I will be hoping for someone to hit a line drive off of carpenters face
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: so true

go rangers tonight. again I will be hoping for someone to hit a line drive off of carpenters face

I don't think that's an exaggeration either. :lol:

Yeah, man. I'm just hoping for a good game and for this series to go 7.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If it wasn't a PJ20 beer it would just be a normal beer. Don't get me wrong it's good, it's just plain,which is also fine.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Just looked it up. Oswalt is a type A free agent and Lidge is a Type B. Madson and Rollins would also be Type A's I would guess.

That is good stuff. They need to restock the system and it gives them flexibility pick-wise to sign free agents (if they have any money)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If it wasn't a PJ20 beer it would just be a normal beer. Don't get me wrong it's good, it's just plain,which is also fine.

pjhawks enjoys log's of poop.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

pjhawks enjoys log's of poop.

good to see you guys are still on your 3rd grade level here.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    no surprise here.

Phillies decline options on two veterans:
    PHILADELPHIA -- The Phillies have declined the 2012 options for pitchers Roy Oswalt and Brad Lidge.

Oswalt gets a $2 million buyout instead of $16 million next season. Lidge receives a $1.5 million buyout instead of $12.5 million next year.

Oswalt was 9-10 with a 3.69 ERA in 23 starts for the Phillies this past season. The three-time All-Star right-hander was acquired in a trade with Houston on July 29, 2010. He was 16-11 with a 2.96 ERA in 35 starts for Philadelphia.

Lidge went 0-2 with one save and a 1.40 ERA in 25 appearances for the Phillies in 2011. In four seasons with Philadelphia, Lidge was 3-11 with 100 saves and a 3.73 ERA. He was 1-1 with 12 saves in 12 opportunities and a 1.77 ERA in the postseason.

Lidge was 48 for 48 in save chances, including postseason, in helping the Phillies win the 2008 World Series.

General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said the team will consider re-signing both players. The five-time defending NL East champions lost to St. Louis in five games in the division round

good moves not to resign but when healthy, these guys are some of the best at what they do...i can see oswalt signing with the Cubs
    Davidtrios wrote:
    no surprise here.

PHILADELPHIA -- The Phillies have declined the 2012 options for pitchers Roy Oswalt and Brad Lidge.

Oswalt gets a $2 million buyout instead of $16 million next season. Lidge receives a $1.5 million buyout instead of $12.5 million next year.

Oswalt was 9-10 with a 3.69 ERA in 23 starts for the Phillies this past season. The three-time All-Star right-hander was acquired in a trade with Houston on July 29, 2010. He was 16-11 with a 2.96 ERA in 35 starts for Philadelphia.

Lidge went 0-2 with one save and a 1.40 ERA in 25 appearances for the Phillies in 2011. In four seasons with Philadelphia, Lidge was 3-11 with 100 saves and a 3.73 ERA. He was 1-1 with 12 saves in 12 opportunities and a 1.77 ERA in the postseason.

Lidge was 48 for 48 in save chances, including postseason, in helping the Phillies win the 2008 World Series.

General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said the team will consider re-signing both players. The five-time defending NL East champions lost to St. Louis in five games in the division round

good moves not to resign but when healthy, these guys are some of the best at what they do...i can see oswalt signing with the Cubs

Oswalt can't be relied on at this stage of his career. I hope the phils show him the door and let someone else have him. That is one trade I wish they could take back.

As for Lidge...whatever. One year deal on the cheap would be alright I guess. He's injury prone and erratic at this point in his career, so I don't think there is much upside. I'd prefer other options if given the choice.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    no surprise here.

Oswalt can't be relied on at this stage of his career. I hope the phils show him the door and let someone else have him. That is one trade I wish they could take back.

As for Lidge...whatever. One year deal on the cheap would be alright I guess. He's injury prone and erratic at this point in his career, so I don't think there is much upside. I'd prefer other options if given the choice. Will always love him for 08 though.

Also, I don't think theo wants anything to do with an oswalt-type. unfortunately the days of the cubs overpaying for turds is over.
  • Farewell Lidgey-Boy. Lest we forget he was like 48 outta 48 on save opportunities in the World Series year.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    The Fixer wrote:
    unfortunately the days of the cubs overpaying for turds is over.
    I dunno about that....theo wanted crawford and lackey.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Farewell Lidgey-Boy. Lest we forget he was like 48 outta 48 on save opportunities in the World Series year.

LIGHT'S OUT :thumbup:

large_BradLidgeCarlosRuiz.jpg
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    Farewell Lidgey-Boy. Lest we forget he was like 48 outta 48 on save opportunities in the World Series year.

:( :) i'll miss him
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

:( :) i'll miss him

we'll always have '08
    www.myspace.com
    rumors already starting that sandberg is the favorite for the cubs managerial position.

phils should hire him tomorrow and get rid of the dumb ass
    Just got tickets for the Allmans at the Tower the day after Thanksgiving. Should be pretty fantastic.
    high of 41 and snow tomorrow.

:shock:
    www.myspace.com

Horrible, had outdoor plans in New York tomorrow. Now I'm heading up there Sunday. Blows.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

I have a halloween party scheduled at my house

:o

Luckily I have a pretty big sun porch so we can chill outside and not get snowed on

Hopefully people dont bail because of the weather :roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • high of 41 and snow tomorrow.

Not ready for this yet! :?
  • Did anyone see about the Springsteen exhibit at the Constitution Center? Only showing outside of R&R HoF.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    see if you can avoid running off smiling eyes ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Did anyone see about the Springsteen exhibit at the Constitution Center? Only showing outside of R&R HoF.

I posted it in the springsteen thread.

I went to the PJ show in cleveland a couple years ago. Me and my buddy were going to hit the rock and roll HOF, but decided to smoke and hit the bar to watch cavs/celts ecf instead.

it was a win/win. wash opening that show made my night. setlist that night was incredible.

also, other than the Q Arena, which is pretty sweet, cleveland sucks. I am coming to the conclusion that there is nothing to see between king of prussia and denver. every city I have been to in between those areas has been pretty awful (north of kansas city anyway...new orleans is pretty awesome, if you're going to get plastered). go west past KOP and you go back in time. I swear there are more cows than people in PA
    the graph in this article made me puke on my keyboard. I didn't know about the $10 million buyout. jesus christ, somehow that contract just got even worse.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... eyond.html
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Did anyone see about the Springsteen exhibit at the Constitution Center? Only showing outside of R&R HoF.

I went to the PJ show in cleveland a couple years ago. Me and my buddy were going to hit the rock and roll HOF, but decided to smoke and hit the bar to watch cavs/celts ecf instead.

it was a win/win. wash opening that show made my night. setlist that night was incredible.

also, other than the Q Arena, which is pretty sweet, cleveland sucks. I am coming to the conclusion that there is nothing to see between king of prussia and denver. every city I have been to in between those areas has been pretty awful (north of kansas city anyway...new orleans is pretty awesome, if you're going to get plastered). go west past KOP and you go back in time. I swear there are more cows than people in PA

Chicago & New Orleans are awesome. Pittsburgh is awful - don't know why it gets such positive press. Some decent pubs, but that is it. Kansas City isn't too bad. Milwaukee is a lot of fun.

I've only spent a few hours in Cleveland but it seemed pretty desolate. Detroit is, well, yeah.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Chicago & New Orleans are awesome. Pittsburgh is awful - don't know why it gets such positive press. Some decent pubs, but that is it. Kansas City isn't too bad. Milwaukee is a lot of fun.

I've only spent a few hours in Cleveland but it seemed pretty desolate. Detroit is, well, yeah.

christ, how could I forget chicago? that is my favorite US city to visit other than NYC. I was hammered when I posted that...but I do agree with everything I said. Just forgot chicago.

I don't see what's good about milwaukee. Been there a few times...not impressed.

I definitely agree that pittsburgh is the worst. There is nothing to like about that city other than PNC Park
  • I put this in the Yankees thread. Gotta have a sense of humor in this city.

Sabathia's contract extension done deal- 1-year, $25 m. for 2016, and a $5 million buyout in 2017. Total guaranteed, five years, $122 m with $25m option for '17

CC via Twitter

"Yankee fans, I'll be here fighting for number 28 next year,"

Good deal for the Yanks :D

Maybe Jimmy Rollins will tweet: "I'm coming back for #3 Phillies fans!" :lol:

I put this in the Yankees thread. Gotta have a sense of humor in this city.

Sabathia's contract extension done deal- 1-year, $25 m. for 2016, and a $5 million buyout in 2017. Total guaranteed, five years, $122 m with $25m option for '17

CC via Twitter

I have come to the conclusion that I'd rather overpay for reyes than rollins

Also, there are wright for brown rumors floating around. Doubt those teams would ever pull off a trade of that magnitude, but I would LOVE to see that happen.

My dream scenario would be phils trading brown for wright, signing reyes, then winning it all. there would be no mets fans left because they would all kill themselves.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I put this in the Yankees thread. Gotta have a sense of humor in this city.

CC via Twitter

I have come to the conclusion that I'd rather overpay for reyes than rollins

Also, there are wright for brown rumors floating around. Doubt those teams would ever pull off a trade of that magnitude, but I would LOVE to see that happen.

My dream scenario would be phils trading brown for wright, signing reyes, then winning it all. there would be no mets fans left because they would all kill themselves.

My buddy keeps trying to convince me they should sign Reyes I can't wrap my Phillies fan head around that

I'm still so pissed off/disappointed I can't even think about this team right now

Full on boycott mode right now
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.