***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    kind of short notice but anyone interested in going to tom. game. I have a standing room only ticket available. :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

that is sweet. 6'2, 160?????? someone get that kid a cheesesteak!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Any new blonde chicks on csn this year? Just had dinner at new wave and some chick next to me with her dad clearly was on air for csn, dropping names the whole time and talking how barkann, rhea Hughes, matt cord and all them are coming to her wedding. I know shes on csn because she kept talking about fuck ups with barkann

only new one I know of is lisa hillary. she is older, so I'm guessing she's married. I think she is hot for an older woman.

you guys ever see that colleen wolfe girl on sunday's postgame show? I can't tell if I think she's good looking or not. her nose freaks me out
    The Fixer wrote:

i think the bullpen has been one of the team's strengths this year...i mean they do lead the league in fewest blown saves. even if it's not as strong as you'd like the starters should routinely go 7 or 8 strong come playoff time anyway. giants fans are the ones who should be scared of their pen right now.

rollins to dl...now that fucking blows.

blown saves...riiiight.

what RPs are you confident in to succeed in big playoff spots? I know people expect the starters to throw nine innings every playoff game, but it's not really practical.

I don't mean this as a sky is falling type deal...just saying that this is a genuine weakness. HOpefully it's not exposed come playoff time. A lot of times in playoff series the team with the better bullpen is the one that prevails...happens all the time

i dunno. that was the first hit bastard had given up in about 3 weeks. i'm still confident in him, madson and stutes. i didn't say 9 inning from the starters. 7 to 8 ip from them is reasonable.

and not that you can count on him, but i liked the way schwimmer responded after his first batter yesterday too. 4 k's in 2 innings or something?

if your'e talking middle relief--i'm with you. but the back end of the pen has been solid all year. few hiccups recently. but that happens.

yeah, madson and bastardo are the only competent options right now. I like madson, always have, but he's not immune to shitting himself in big spots.

in 08 they had 5 guys that they could roll out the pen in big spots. this year they're down to 2. i'm just sayin
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Ha, it was Colleen Wolfe, never heard of her but it was her, no doubt. She was name dropping to her old man like crazy. Pretty funny. Chick was proud of her gig.

Makes sense since she was wearing a phillies t shirt and was clearly from this area.
    She's alright in person. Good looking but nothing great
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    blown saves...riiiight.

what RPs are you confident in to succeed in big playoff spots? I know people expect the starters to throw nine innings every playoff game, but it's not really practical.

I don't mean this as a sky is falling type deal...just saying that this is a genuine weakness. HOpefully it's not exposed come playoff time. A lot of times in playoff series the team with the better bullpen is the one that prevails...happens all the time

i dunno. that was the first hit bastard had given up in about 3 weeks. i'm still confident in him, madson and stutes. i didn't say 9 inning from the starters. 7 to 8 ip from them is reasonable.

and not that you can count on him, but i liked the way schwimmer responded after his first batter yesterday too. 4 k's in 2 innings or something?

if your'e talking middle relief--i'm with you. but the back end of the pen has been solid all year. few hiccups recently. but that happens.

yeah, madson and bastardo are the only competent options right now. I like madson, always have, but he's not immune to shitting himself in big spots.

in 08 they had 5 guys that they could roll out the pen in big spots. this year they're down to 2. i'm just sayin

well like i said i like stutes. so that would be 3. i don't think it's as bad as you think. could be better. but every team has some flaws.

'08 also featured a rotation with 1 guy having an era under 3.75. that makes a huge difference.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

she looks tiny on TV.

off topic, but I wish the weather was like today all summer. perfect for this time of year
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

she looks tiny on TV.

off topic, but I wish the weather was like today all summer. perfect for this time of year

down to 60-ish tonight.

that's some good sleeping weather. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    well like i said i like stutes. so that would be 3. i don't think it's as bad as you think. could be better. but every team has some flaws.

'08 also featured a rotation with 1 guy having an era under 3.75. that makes a huge difference.

I like stutes too, but I don't know that you can trust him in a big spot agaist a braun-type. He has gotten worse as they year has gone on. Mainly because the manager is an idiot.

he's never pitched in the playoffs either. I know he played in a lot of huge games at OSU, but it's not the same as the MLB playoffs
    Perfect weather.

Yeah, she's small. Apparently she's marrying that John gonzo dude. He sucks, doesn't he?
    hpence is the man

mayberry having another decent game. Apparently ibanez is sick...I wouldnt me upset if he caught the maclin mystery illness
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Perfect weather.

Yeah, she's small. Apparently she's marrying that John gonzo dude. He sucks, doesn't he?

I don't know much about him. Just that I intentionally skip over his columns on philly.com
    edited August 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

I like stutes too, but I don't know that you can trust him in a big spot agaist a braun-type. He has gotten worse as they year has gone on. Mainly because the manager is an idiot.

he's never pitched in the playoffs either. I know he played in a lot of huge games at OSU, but it's not the same as the MLB playoffs

well there was a time when mariana rivera wasn't tested either. i like the young guys...with any luck schwimmer ends up helping too. there is a bit of an unknown with them being so young obviously.

if you had to choose between the 08 rotation and a better bullpen or the 2011 super rotation with a weaker pen, which woudl you choose? i'm taking this year. hands down.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Perfect weather.

she's marrying that tool box??? :o

man he blows.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

well there was a time when mariana rivera wasn't tested either. i like the young guys...with any luck schwimmer ends up helping too. there is a bit of an unknown with them being so young obviously.

if you had to choose between the 08 rotation and a better bullpen or the 2011 super rotation with a weaker pen, which woudl you choose? i'm taking this year. hands down.

I'm not going to pretend I know much about schwimmer. yesterday was the first time I have seen him pitch. I know what I have read though...he's a fringe bullpen guy. Not someone that I think they can really count on in the playoffs. I haven't seen him anywhere near enough to have my own opinion though

Two different teams. The offense in 08 was far superior to what they have now. The bullpen was also much better (they had 5 solid options...and that's not including condrey who was effective that year). Flip a coin.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

mariano ??// :lol::lol:

easy bud...that dude is not to be mentioned in the same breath
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

not the point.
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850

Same here
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Just got home great game!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    So what the Hell's been going on around here?

FYI - you are all crazy if you don't make it to the Folk Fest some time. The campground is like a PJ tailgate on steroids. Unreal.

FYI - you are all crazy if you don't make it to the Folk Fest some time. The campground is like a PJ tailgate on steroids. Unreal.

FACCK. It was awesome? I will be there next year, have to be. How was Levon Helm?

Side note, you see there is some sort of PJ Museum next weekend?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

FACCK. It was awesome? I will be there next year, have to be. How was Levon Helm?

Side note, you see there is some sort of PJ Museum next weekend?

Awesome can't even do it justice, dude. The place is its own little country for four days. Non-stop parties, topless races, mudslides, drum circles, every tent has a band or guitar playing in it, swimming hole, everyone's real chill, booz & other "stuff" everywhere. And the best part is it's not overblown or overhyped like a Bonnaroo. Just amazing.

PJ Museum? Where?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

not the point.

DO NOT COMPARE GOD TO SOME YOUNG BUM :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Heading down tonight..my work is selling tickets for $12 WIN!

My boss is in town and wants to go with me LOSE !

:x
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Holy shit! Earthquake!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    Holy shit! Earthquake!!

holy shit dude where you at? I am in Media, Pa. and felt it - scared the shit out of me - every office emptied.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Holy shit! Earthquake!!

holy shit dude where you at? I am in Media, Pa. and felt it - scared the shit out of me - every office emptied.

Yeah, man, we got it in center city. Pretty insane. Felt like I was on a boat.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Holy shit! Earthquake!!

Yeah, man, we got it in center city. Pretty insane. Felt like I was on a boat.

I'm out near Pottstown, and I thought a truck was driving up into the driveway. Ka. Ray. Zee.

Says it happened outside Richmond, Va.
This discussion has been closed.