***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    I think they should go after Upton harder. I feel like that has a better chance of being done than Pence.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    The Fixer wrote:
    I almost had a heart attack. A triple would've been fine.

utley is so fucking good

samuel loves waving utley home on close plays. I think he wants him to finish destroying his knees

I don't believe that. You know and I know there was no stopping Chase rounding third. Fucking amazing though.

As for Worley - it's scary how much he's performing like Happ when he was at a sell-high. They HAVE to include him in a trade. And, yeah, I think Beltran is out, and it's gotta be Pence. I don't see them making a move to only swing horizontally. And they can do fine with what they have in the 'pen. I wasn't really on this Pence train, but it's the only player that would make sense. Worley, Singleton, Cosart or Colvin. That would get it done. Worley will never be more than a #4 in this rotation, Singleton will never see 1st base here, and teams will definitely want to pick up an upside arm as well. Only thing is I don't see how Houston would want to make this deal right now when 2 out of the 3 players wouldn't see The Show for at least 2-3 years.

this worley situation...trade him or not trade him, kind of reminds me of the kevin kolb situation. sort of similiar. both aren't gonna help this year. might as well get what you can for them now.

worley, singleton, and cosart---BOOM. DONE. make it happen god damn it!
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730

Seems like a whole lot to give up for Pence. Those are the Phillies two best prospects right?

Sounds like they had a deal in place and Houston balked, I don't know they don't take that. Pence is good but some people are clearly overvaluing him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Seems like a whole lot to give up for Pence. Those are the Phillies two best prospects right?

Sounds like they had a deal in place and Houston balked, I don't know they don't take that. Pence is good but some people are clearly overvaluing him.

yeah but singleton plays 1st so he's got no future here. top 3 or 4 pitchers in this rotation is set for the next few years. this oganization has drafted well the past decade or so. i trust they can replenish within the next few years.

what was the deal that houston balked at?
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Understood, but like I said, Singleton is not going to see the light of day at 1st base, and Cosart/Colvin are too young to worry about what they do in the future. All this for a guy who would be cost controlled, and no matter what, far less expensive than Werth(whom they were willing to still pay mind you, just not the years, when they signed Lee) to fill up a need. Then, this lends to either Pence or Brown moving to left when Ibanez is gone after this year. This is why this deal would make sense to me.
    I will say this though - a wholllle shit ton of people are going to be disappointed when in reality they get someone no where the contributor that Pence or Beltran would be for this season.
    I will say this though - a wholllle shit ton of people are going to be disappointed when in reality they get someone no where the contributor that Pence or Beltran would be for this season.

yo would you pull the trigger on pence if wade digs in and demands dom brown instead of worley? --in addition to singleton and either cosart or colvin? i think i would...at the absolute last minute. tough call though.
    www.myspace.com
    I don't know what the exact deal was, I read cosart, singleton and something else.

Cosart, singleton and brown, you're fucking nuts, that package can pull almost any player in baseball.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't know what the exact deal was, I read cosart, singleton and something else.

Cosart, singleton and brown, you're fucking nuts, that package can pull almost any player in baseball.

i don't want to...tough call at the 11th hour though man.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the Upton brothers blow. :lol:

i've had them both at various time on my fantasty squads thru the years.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

there are plenty of people in this thread who would do that...

i don't want to...tough call at the 11th hour though man.

I wouldn't, ever. No shot you trade someone who was the number 1 propspect in baseball and in the big leagues and your 2 other best prospects for Hunter Pence. That is the kind of package you put together for an ace (not that you need one) but not Hunter Pence.
    edited July 2011
    81 wrote:
    the Upton brothers blow. :lol:

i've had them both at various time on my fantasty squads thru the years.

I don't know if you're kidding with that first statement or not. And this is real baseball, not fantasy. Don't ever let the two mix.

And, Jeags - would I do Brown instead of Worley? Probably not.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    Here is the article I was referring to

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... acked-off/

Fucking meetings all afternoon then a train to DC when all this shit is just starting to go down. Fucking work. haha
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Fucking meetings all afternoon then a train to DC when all this shit is just starting to go down. Fucking work. haha

Stark couldn’t get confirmation of that from any Astros sources, but says “it’s believed the Phillies structured a deal around” their two best prospects, Single-A first baseman Jonathan Singleton and Single-A right-hander Jarred Cosart.

...i wonder what the other piece was... :think:
    www.myspace.com
    between birds rumors and phils rumors...i can't keep up :x
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'd make that trade too. singleton is blocked by The Contract and cosart has had some arm issues. worley is a back end guy. Done and done.

worley isn't kolb because worley's ceiling is pretty much what he's doing right now. The guy sits in the upper 80s. RHPs aren't successful long term at that speed unless they have a knuckleball to go with the rest of their stuff.

SF getting beltran could be a good thing here...RAJ is gonna counter that move. come on pence
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

do it.

I'm still not sold on brown. he's a disaster in the field
    raj countering the beltran move...that's the first thing i said when told of this giants trade

getting interesting...
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Stark couldn’t get confirmation of that from any Astros sources, but says “it’s believed the Phillies structured a deal around” their two best prospects, Single-A first baseman Jonathan Singleton and Single-A right-hander Jarred Cosart.

2nd tier pitching prospect is what I read. Probably rodriguez, pettibone, may...someone like that
    between birds rumors and phils rumors...i can't keep up :x

I love this shit. Great sports week.

Wish I didn't sell my phils tix for tonight. Would have been cool to see Gillick's speech.

To echo cliff...fucking work
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

do it.

I'm still not sold on brown. he's a disaster in the field

That's why if they could get Pence without giving up Brown would be ideal. Then you could put Brown in left where he wouldn't be counted on as much defensively. Plus, still be an upgrade over Raul.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

2nd tier pitching prospect is what I read. Probably rodriguez, pettibone, may...someone like that

good. then you gotta figure worley might get it done. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    After reading this stuff, I gotta think this deal gets done. I think they're just trying to squeeze RAJ for a bit more.
    After reading this stuff, I gotta think this deal gets done. I think they're just trying to squeeze RAJ for a bit more.

yeah, wade's job is on the line with this trade.

phils need to give this team the best chance to win this year and next. pence helps them reach their goal more than brown, worley, and singleton combined.
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, wade's job is on the line with this trade.

phils need to give this team the best chance to win this year and next. pence helps them reach their goal more than brown, worley, and singleton combined.

AND, I think if they give all that up, they'll be extending a contract with Pence as well.
    AND Wade will be getting a job with the organization after Houston fires him. ;)
    AND Wade will be getting a job with the organization after Houston fires him. ;)

that would be classic.

completely off topic, but this is funny. My two biggest complaints about living on this side of the river are buying booze and the slow drivers that chronically clog the left hand lane.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110 ... =124488704
    The Danny Knobler guy is saying they are keeping Pence until the offseason and the Phillies "almost certainly won't get Pence"

Dude is all over the place though because he also says the Yanks have the best chance to land Ubaldo. Not sure what to make of it.

Knobler is a terrible name too, just thought I would add that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Danny Knobler guy is saying they are keeping Pence until the offseason and the Phillies "almost certainly won't get Pence"

Dude is all over the place though because he also says the Yanks have the best chance to land Ubaldo. Not sure what to make of it.

I think it's too early in the game to make assumptions like that. in regards to the phils and pence anyway. wade has to listen to offers at this point. still plenty of time for these talks to heat back up.

my guess is that the phils loaded up an offer and got denied. sounds like both sides are returning to their respective corners for the time being. phils still have 4 days to make something happen

fuckin knobler
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think it's too early in the game to make assumptions like that. in regards to the phils and pence anyway. wade has to listen to offers at this point. still plenty of time for these talks to heat back up.

my guess is that the phils loaded up an offer and got denied. sounds like both sides are returning to their respective corners for the time being. phils still have 4 days to make something happen

fuckin knobler

Agreed
This discussion has been closed.