***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Interesting move. You get Halladay long term and Lee is obviously not going to sign an extension before next off season so you end up with an oustanding pitcher for the next 5 years probably. Don't know how much better it makes them tomorrow but overall a very solid move.
  • Why in the world would u trade Lee,happ and brown for halladay? Thats what im hearing. re-sign Lee and be done with it keep Happ and any others.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Why in the world would u trade Lee,happ and brown for halladay? Thats what im hearing. re-sign Lee and be done with it keep Happ and any others.

Lee has made it clear he is not signing an extension before next year from everything I have read
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Why in the world would u trade Lee,happ and brown for halladay? Thats what im hearing. re-sign Lee and be done with it keep Happ and any others.

Lee has made it clear he is not signing an extension before next year from everything I have read
    If they paid him what he wants which is probably top of the line money like hallady is asking then he would. makes no sense to get a pitcher that is as good and sign him to a huge contract and trdae a really good young pitcher and a top prospect. Sign lee to the money he deserves keep happ and brown end of story. Lee is worth it he already proved his worth here and in cleveland. Theres no chance a pitcher can pitch better in the playoffs then he did last postseason.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Lee has never had a big pay day and wants a deal similar to what C.C. got or at the very least better than Burnett's deal.

Remember Lee's agent is also Burnett's agent and Burnett opted out of his contract with Toronto to become a free agent last year.

And the Phils traditionally don't sign pitchers to more than 3 or 4 year deals so the odds were always very small of Lee resigning.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Done deal. Lee to Mariners.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    FUCK!
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

You wouldn't.. you would trade Lee to a 3rd team for players that Toronto wanted.. then trade those players and maybe Happ or Brown to Toronto for Halladay and cash...
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • chromiam wrote:

You wouldn't.. you would trade Lee to a 3rd team for players that Toronto wanted.. then trade those players and maybe Happ or Brown to Toronto for Halladay and cash...
    same thing your trading all 3 for halladay pretty much just sign LEE
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,963
    OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... lphia.html
    chromiam wrote:

same thing your trading all 3 for halladay pretty much just sign LEE

Lee wants HUGE money and will test FA to make sure he gets the best deal for him... with a trade and extension of Halladay, the Phils have more leverage and aren't involved in basically a highest bidder wins auction. And you would only lose one prospect with Lee, not three or more.. this organization has a window bigger than just two years.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Looks like it is a done deal. Lee to Seattle (although Heyman is now not confirming it) and Halladay to Philly.

Very good move long term but definitely does not make the Phillies much better tomorrow. Still relying on Hamels.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Looks like it is a done deal. Lee to Seattle (although Heyman is now not confirming it) and Halladay to Philly.

Very good move long term but definitely does not make the Phillies much better tomorrow. Still relying on Hamels.

And I'm fine with that.. Hamels will be a stud. I think the short offseason, paired with so much going on around him (new kid(s), post WS engagements, signings, appearances and whatnot, lack of offseason training) produced what we saw last season. Now that he's been through it and seen that he has to workout in the offseason to be effective, we'll see the Cole of two years ago out there.

Admin

• petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    The Phillies are in agreement on a three-team trade with the Mariners and Blue Jays to acquire star pitcher Roy Halladay, SI.com has learned.

Sources say Halladay will agree to a contract extension to complete the deal. It's expected to be a formality.

The Phillies have discussed Cliff Lee in trades, but it isn't confirmed who the Mariners would be receiving in this deal.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/b ... z0ZhTymwPP
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ya really can't argue with ANYTHING that Amaro's done so far. I'm assuming with this move, the Phils didn't give up THEIR farm system to get him, signing Doc long term, and now you have a 1/2 punch of Doc/Hamels for the next 5 years or so. That's fucking amazing. And then you have your prospects to work in. It's still not a bad thing to have Doc/Cole as a 1/2. I think we were getting ahead of ourselves to think we would have all three on board for a year without getting fucked in the long run. I absolutely love the direction this team is going, and have no qualms with RAJ at all. For better or worse, this is great.

For Christ's sakes, I go to a meeting and come out 90 minutes later to find all this. Jesus, Lord, thank you.
  • If we trade just lee and get halladay then its a great trade. Happ is too steep to throw in there to me.
    Go Birds!!!!
    If we trade just lee and get halladay then its a great trade. Happ is too steep to throw in there to me.

I dont think Happ will be part of it.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If we trade just lee and get halladay then its a great trade. Happ is too steep to throw in there to me.

I dont think Happ will be part of it.
    Then its a great deal
    Go Birds!!!!
    It's a Festivus MIRACLE!
  • Why not give up some prospects and keep Lee for a year with Halladay ?

Sign Halladay long term and let Lee Walk

Are we that much better with Halladay and losing Lee ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,424
    Getting Halladay long term is awesome though - will see who they gave up - if none of the top prospects than a great move by Amaro although having Lee and Halladay together for a year would have been insane.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    As a Met fan, I'm not totally crushed by this news..I mean, you really can't pitch any better than Lee did for you down the stretch..He was lights out in big spots..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • We will trade prospects to toronto they will send us halladay then we will get prospects from seattle for lee. Thats what my friend said he heard.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Champ wrote:
    As a Met fan, I'm not totally crushed by this news..I mean, you really can't pitch any better than Lee did for you down the stretch..He was lights out in big spots..

True. Now imagine that past just one more year.
    We will trade prospects to toronto they will send us halladay then we will get prospects from seattle for lee. Thats what my friend said he heard.

Then why would Seatlle even be included? Toronto has to be getting something from Seattle otherwise it would just be two seperate trades with the Phillies restocking their farm.
  • The Champ wrote:

I feel the same way as a Phillies fan :)

Lee was crazy in the playoffs !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    We will trade prospects to toronto they will send us halladay then we will get prospects from seattle for lee. Thats what my friend said he heard.

if Amaro pulled this off without giving up Happ, Brown or Drabek it would incredible. Not sure if that is going to be possible but can't wait to hear the news. Securing Halladay for at least 3 years is huge for this team.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Then why would Seatlle even be included? Toronto has to be getting something from Seattle otherwise it would just be two seperate trades with the Phillies restocking their farm.

Exactly. It has to be Seattle trading most of the prospect. MAYBE the Phils include one at best.

FYI - I have a boner.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

most likely it will be a combo of prospects from Seattle and the Phillies to Toronto
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

no clue im sure he's wrong. I read we would send lee to sea and michael Taylor to toronto
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.