***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    Someone asked me to go to this show and told me I had to pay for the ticket - $250. Yeah. No. Thanks.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Someone asked me to go to this show and told me I had to pay for the ticket - $250. Yeah. No. Thanks.

Yeah, fuck that. I was looking at $75 on stub hub. Don't think it's gonna happen though. The woman has to study certification test for work.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Still going? I am not going to bite this time.

you threw the bone yesterday

:lol:

edit--never mind. thought you were talking about the r6 debate.

maybe it's because i'm getting old, but i am now of the firm belief that all concerts should be fridays and saturdays. :x :lol:

I did. I was saying he was still going with Howard, I avoided it today and yeah, yesterday I did get it going.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    sucks phils are off tomorrow. I'd much rather have them with that extra off day later in the season...in between series. plus I'm going through baseball withdrawl

I remember when every team played the Thursday after the ASG. I guess the players like having the longer break. But yeah, I am missing it. Although I guess it's ok since I'll be at the Linc tonight. (everyone's gotta see U2 once, right?)

U2 are you kidding me? Who cares that they have had at least 30 mega-hits, at least 10 great albums, sold millions upon millons of albums, sold millions upon millions of tickets - don't you know they suck? they aren't worth the money they make. it's ridiculous. and My Morning Jacket is way better than them. it's not even close. i'd much rather have My Morning Jacket than U2. :lol::lol::lol: (pure sarcasm johnny - enjoy the show, perfect night weather wise).

Judging a band by popularity and record sales is the equivalent of judging a player's talent on RBIs, wins, and/or saves.

Fact is that most people like shit music like Lady Gaga and such. I could care less how many 'hits' a band has.

U2 is OK IMO. I actually looked into tix. Once I saw the prices I laughed out loud

I don't care what Ryan Howard's "WAR" is. This team would be 3 or 4 games behind the Braves without him.

Love when people make outrageous claims like this. All depends on who you replace him with. You can buy a lot with 25 million bucks these days :wink:
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Dwelling about something someone dosen't do compared to what someone actually does is ridiculous. Just because he leads in chances dosen't mean he's not being productive. Especially when as the fixer says the lineup blows.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Dwelling about something someone dosen't do compared to what someone actually does is ridiculous. Just because he leads in chances dosen't mean he's not being productive. Especially when as the fixer says the lineup blows.

lineup does blow. it has still given him far more chances to drive in runs than any other player in baseball. and he doesn't lead the league in that stupid stat...which should tell you something.

anyway, I had to throw in my 2 cents. The ROI on howard's contract doesn't come close to justifying what they're paying him

Hopefully howard spent the AS week breaking in a new glove. The one he used last weekend had some holes in it. When was the last time you saw a first baseman drop a routine throw from a SS? He really does need to catch those throws with two hands :roll:
    The Fixer wrote:

lineup does blow. it has still given him far more chances to drive in runs than any other player in baseball. and he doesn't lead the league in that stupid stat...which should tell you something.

anyway, I had to throw in my 2 cents. The ROI on howard's contract doesn't come close to justifying what they're paying him

Hopefully howard spent the AS week breaking in a new glove. The one he used last weekend had some holes in it. When was the last time you saw a first baseman drop a routine throw from a SS? He really does need to catch those throws with two hands :roll:

And he's produced enough to be tied with another good>great player with a great lineup. Serious question how can 130-145 rbi's not be considered very successful? I agree i hope he got a new glove as well,and like i said numerous times 25mil is way to much for any player.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

And he's produced enough to be tied with another good>great player with a great lineup. Serious question how can 130-145 rbi's not be considered very successful? I agree i hope he got a new glove as well,and like i said numerous times 25mil is way to much for any player.

we are going around in circles. the RBIs are a product of the lineup giving him chances.

Look at Adrian Gonzalez's RBI totals with SD. You think he is better than howard right? well, his RBI totals weren't close to howards. Why? because he didn't have as many opportunities on a shitty team.

It's not rocket science. They more opportunities a guy gets, the more RBI he will have. It's all about guys in frnt of him getting on base and giving him chances.

RBI should be a team stat
    salisbury was just asked the following....

'if you had to name one player that you think the phils will bring here in a trade, who would it be?'

his response...'I can't name just one guy. My guess is it's someone like Francoeur, Ludwick, or Spillbourghs'.

Then I puked on myself
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,385
    U2 show was simply amazing. I had floor (field) tixx - $55 face value. I would've never paid those crazy prices either.

Fixer, I am rather underwhelmed at the choice of RH bats. I've said it can't be that hard to find one, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe Mayberry will click in the 2nd half. :? If not Beltran, I probably wouldn't bother with any of the other ones.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    I remember when every team played the Thursday after the ASG. I guess the players like having the longer break. But yeah, I am missing it. Although I guess it's ok since I'll be at the Linc tonight. (everyone's gotta see U2 once, right?)

U2 are you kidding me? Who cares that they have had at least 30 mega-hits, at least 10 great albums, sold millions upon millons of albums, sold millions upon millions of tickets - don't you know they suck? they aren't worth the money they make. it's ridiculous. and My Morning Jacket is way better than them. it's not even close. i'd much rather have My Morning Jacket than U2. :lol::lol::lol: (pure sarcasm johnny - enjoy the show, perfect night weather wise).

Judging a band by popularity and record sales is the equivalent of judging a player's talent on RBIs, wins, and/or saves.

Fact is that most people like shit music like Lady Gaga and such. I could care less how many 'hits' a band has.

U2 is OK IMO. I actually looked into tix. Once I saw the prices I laughed out loud

i don't see the equivalency there...

nobody really paid much attention to u2's last one a couple years ago, but i kind of liked it. then again i also loved zooropa :mrgreen:

and don't let jp hear you talk abou gaga like that. that's his girl :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Fuck yeah...

I see you guys are shaking up the rotation a little.

Looks like Halladay is pitching Monday. I'm going to the game Monday.

Fuck yeah. That's the best news i've had all week.

Thank you Mr. Manager

Karma is good. I was suppose to see Timmy of the Giants pitch, but that game was rained out. traded those tickets for these tickets. fuck yeah
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,950
    imalive wrote:
    you had to like the props our boy gave Doc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-47hAr ... re=related

admit it....a small part of you LIKES Brian Wilson :lol:

not really
    i'll ask again....not even a little???

espy_g_wilson01_576_crop_340x234.jpg?1310654501

this thread is so strong....I ignore it for a day and I'm 10 pages behind. I can ignore ours for a week and catch up in 10 seconds :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    this thread is so strong....I ignore it for a day and I'm 10 pages behind. I can ignore ours for a week and catch up in 10 seconds :lol:

All you missed were 5 Ryan Howard debates. None of us can put it in the RVM.

Please delete that picture. :mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,950

I will dissect those 5 pages when time allows.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

I will dissect those 5 pages when time allows.

There was also a U2 thing. Kind of - hey these people all think they suck, but they really don't, but they're overpaid, but they're really great, but look how overpaid they are, and they're not that good anyway, no they're great, even if they're overpaid. Same old shit.

And by the way, they are great, and I did not overpay. So it's all good. 8-)

edited July 2011
    U2 show was simply amazing. I had floor (field) tixx - $55 face value. I would've never paid those crazy prices either.

Fixer, I am rather underwhelmed at the choice of RH bats. I've said it can't be that hard to find one, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe Mayberry will click in the 2nd half. :? If not Beltran, I probably wouldn't bother with any of the other ones.

Me and cliff made a last minute effort to get tix last night. Went to buy GA tix on Stubhub for $35 a piece and the site cut off sales (it was right at 7PM). Not a big U2 fan, but they are a band I wouldn't mind seeing live once (for the right price. I don't mind overpaying for good tix to games/bands I really want to see. U2 doesn't fall into that category). Oh well.

I think they end up with willingham and balfour from oakland. I think willingham would be a great fit. he'd be perfect for this lineup.

Mayberry is just a guy. He shouldn't be more than a 4th OF on a good team
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    you had to like the props our boy gave Doc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-47hAr ... re=related

admit it....a small part of you LIKES Brian Wilson :lol:

not really
    i'll ask again....not even a little???

espy_g_wilson01_576_crop_340x234.jpg?1310654501

He is TO or ocho cinco. Just desperate for attention. It's kinda sad

I can't stand the guy
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    The Fixer wrote:

I can't stand the guy

He's a goof but personally I think baseball can use a personality like his. At least he's trying to be funny. Everyone else in MLB is a bore.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    81 wrote:
    Fuck yeah...

Thank you Mr. Manager

Karma is good. I was suppose to see Timmy of the Giants pitch, but that game was rained out. traded those tickets for these tickets. fuck yeah

thank bruce bochy.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I can't stand the guy

He's a goof but personally I think baseball can use a personality like his. At least he's trying to be funny. .

right. baseball's had a long history of quirky characters like this. the phils have one in the broadcast booth (though not nearly to this extent...but if b wilson played back in the 80's/early 90's he wouldn't have nearly as much exposure).

lots of people love him. lot's of people hate him. he's good for the game--douche, or not :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    Fuck yeah...

Thank you Mr. Manager

thank bruce bochy.

fuck yeah.

Halladay would have been ok to go sat with only two innings pitched on tuesday. Sunday would be fine as well, with a normal 5 days off between throwing.

I'll take it. thought i was going to get your 4th guy. wasn't really looking forward to the game that much until this news came out. really looking forward to it now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    lots of people love him. lot's of people hate him.

:|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Fuck yeah...

Thank you Mr. Manager

thank bruce bochy.

fuck yeah.

Halladay would have been ok to go sat with only two innings pitched on tuesday. Sunday would be fine as well, with a normal 5 days off between throwing.

I'll take it. thought i was going to get your 4th guy. wasn't really looking forward to the game that much until this news came out. really looking forward to it now.

normally, yes. but he leads the league in innings pitched. lee and halladay were moved back a start because of the all star game.

i was hoping this cubs series was gonna be a weekender. really wanna see that place sometime soon. maybe next year.
    www.myspace.com

i was hoping this cubs series was gonna be a weekender. really wanna see that place sometime soon. maybe next year.

chicago is fucking awesome. wrigley is a cool spot to see a game. just make sure you pay extra and sit in the bleachers
    The Fixer wrote:

chicago is fucking awesome. wrigley is a cool spot to see a game. just make sure you pay extra and sit in the bleachers

fuck the bleachers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    we are going around in circles. the RBIs are a product of the lineup giving him chances.

Look at Adrian Gonzalez's RBI totals with SD. You think he is better than howard right? well, his RBI totals weren't close to howards. Why? because he didn't have as many opportunities on a shitty team.

It's not rocket science. They more opportunities a guy gets, the more RBI he will have. It's all about guys in frnt of him getting on base and giving him chances.

RBI should be a team stat[/quote]

This will be my last comment until it's brought back up again which we both know it will. I understand that not all Rbi's are a solo stat but in the same sense sometimes they are. Solo hr's or knocking in a guy from 1st count just as much as a sac fly or single with a man on 2nd.

A-Gonz is a better all around player then Howard i agree on that. Where i disagree about Rbi's being overrated is this especially with this lineup. Does he have the most chances apparently he does,but when u have Ibanez or Francisco hitting behind of course your gonna fail more. He dosen't get shit to hit and thus swings at shit because he feels he has to try cause he knows the slop after him won't. So that alone imo makes the most chances theory completely worthless. And if he fails so much and rbi's are over rated how come the Phillies 5-6 hole hitters rbi's aren't higher then? If they were easy to do and Howard fails more then anyone how come the next hitter's total is extremely low? By that it shows that even hitting that sac fly or single isn't that easy or others in are lineup or other teams lineups would have alot higher totals.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    The Fixer wrote:

One of these days I'm going to make it Wrigley for a game.

Enjoy 81, he is a pleasure to watch. :D

RBI should be a team stat

This will be my last comment until it's brought back up again which we both know it will. I understand that not all Rbi's are a solo stat but in the same sense sometimes they are. Solo hr's or knocking in a guy from 1st count just as much as a sac fly or single with a man on 2nd.

A-Gonz is a better all around player then Howard i agree on that. Where i disagree about Rbi's being overrated is this especially with this lineup. Does he have the most chances apparently he does,but when u have Ibanez or Francisco hitting behind of course your gonna fail more. He dosen't get shit to hit and thus swings at shit because he feels he has to try cause he knows the slop after him won't. So that alone imo makes the most chances theory completely worthless. And if he fails so much and rbi's are over rated how come the Phillies 5-6 hole hitters rbi's aren't higher then? If they were easy to do and Howard fails more then anyone how come the next hitter's total is extremely low? By that it shows that even hitting that sac fly or single isn't that easy or others in are lineup or other teams lineups would have alot higher totals.[/quote]

phils 5/6 hitters have been mostly platoon guys this year. ibanez is the exception and his RBI totals are low mainly because he sucks in general.

the lineup protection stuff is nonsense too. barry bonds never had a problem with pedro feliz hitting behind him. pujols never had a problem with a washed up jim edmonds behind him. I don't even know who hit behind adrian gonzalez last year.
This discussion has been closed.