***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

dude... you guys are making the series..

they should. then again, they had best record in MLB and should have last year too. the lineup is an issue
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

they should. then again, they had best record in MLB and should have last year too. the lineup is an issue

great pitching beats great hitting always
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

the braves of the 90's disagree
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the braves of the 90's disagree

THIS isn't the 90's
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    Finding a RH bat really isn't the hardest thing in the world. Phils have PLENTY of time to do that and improve the lineup. In the meantime 51-30 ain't bad. And we won a series from the Massholes!!!

Pjhawks is it ok if I bring a broom tomorrow? :P :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Tonight's pitchers ERAs:
    Worley 2.57
    Stutes 2.81
    Bastardo 0.93

Ibanez is up to .238. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Tonight's pitchers ERAs:
    Worley 2.57
    Stutes 2.81
    Bastardo 0.93

Ibanez is up to .238. :lol:

will be interesting to see who hits for a higher BA...brown or ibanez. man, I don't even know who I'd take.

stutes and bastardo have been great. I just worry about them running out of gas. neither of them has ever played a full 162 game season (plus playoffs).
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    Finding a RH bat really isn't the hardest thing in the world. Phils have PLENTY of time to do that and improve the lineup. In the meantime 51-30 ain't bad. And we won a series from the Massholes!!!

Pjhawks is it ok if I bring a broom tomorrow? :P :lol:

only so you can find that dbag from last nights game that had the yankees shirt and hat on behind the sox dugout and beat him senseless with it, not that i advocate violence or anything but come on dude really? :lol:

51-30 has a nice ring to it at the halfway mark.

enjoy the game though, great way to start a long holiday weekend with another great pitching matchup. should be a fun game for you to be at.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    the nation.... :lol:

so gay

You're absolutely right and I think I was saying it in that sense. I think Phillies fans use the nation thing too, but isn't it more prevalent with Boston which is the reason I said it. But luckily there were not many Boston fans at the park tonight and it was a quick game. I've been to Boston games here in the past but maybe it was weekends or something and it just always seemed to be loaded with Boston fans. Nice to see Bastardo have a good outing though I wish he would change his name, but it's all good if plays like this :D
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    We suck right now
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    GOOD MORNING.

6a0120a6dde087970b01538f8b7322970b-800wi
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,597
    i can't believe the phillies only scored 2 runs last night! i'm so pissed! this team sucks! :crazy: :lol:

some things never change.

cole for the icing on the cake series sweep today. life is good boys. please try to enjoy it. :thumbup: :wave:
    www.myspace.com
    cole for the icing on the cake series sweep today. life is good boys. please try to enjoy it. :thumbup: :wave:

Heading down in a few minutes - here we go!!!

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Get it done today people. A 3.5 game lead would be fantastic.
    that was a sick play by hamels.

closed three HUGE sales this week. work done for the day, already hit the gym, car is packed for the shore. I fucking love my job. LIfe is good
    I have a feeling that francisco is going deep today
    Hamels done for the day after being drilled in hand with line drive.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Utley is so fucking good
    Have fun this weekend Fixer. Safe travels.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    The Fixer wrote:

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Utley is so fucking good

dropping like flies...
    Have fun this weekend Fixer. Safe travels.

Thanks man, you too.

Beers are on ice as we speak.
    The Fixer wrote:

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Utley is so fucking good

Did he really? Was it bad?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Utley is so fucking good

Good news it was his glove hand. Line drive by gonzalez knocked his glove off his hand.

He's getting xrays now.
    edited June 2011
    I decided I need a break from the Red Sox this weekend. It's just too much for me at this point. I'm too angry and frustrated with this team, so I'm headed up to an island in Maine that has no TV or internet. I gotta get my mind off these losers.

edit: hope cold hammels is ok. I may be an angry red sox fan, but Id never revel in opponents injuries. Gotta beat em the old fashioned way, like the red sox in 04.
    Post edited by FenwayFaithful on
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Utley is so fucking good

Good news it was his glove hand. Line drive by gonzalez knocked his glove off his hand.

He's getting xrays now.

Good news for you, that would be pretty distarous for you guys.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I won't be shocked if his hand is busted. Hit him right at the base of his glove by his palm. Looked like it hurt
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I won't be shocked if his hand is busted. Hit him right at the base of his glove by his palm. Looked like it hurt

At least its not his throwing hand though. Broken hand would be pretty serious but pitching hand would be much worse.
    dam ....
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    and the feeding frenzy with turd Herndon begins. ugh not good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

At least its not his throwing hand though. Broken hand would be pretty serious but pitching hand would be much worse.

True.

When the F did teixeira get to 25 homers? haven't heard anything about him this year. actually for whatever reason, the yanks are really flying under the radar this year. with all the crap in the media about them you would think they are 10 games under 500
    I decided I need a break from the Red Sox this weekend. It's just too much for me at this point. I'm too angry and frustrated with this team, so I'm headed up to an island in Maine that has no TV or internet. I gotta get my mind off these losers.

edit: hope cold hammels is ok. I may be an angry red sox fan, but Id never revel in opponents injuries. Gotta beat em the old fashioned way, like the red sox in 04.

Even Yankees? I am with you, but just curious.
This discussion has been closed.