***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    That last inning last year... Damn. Was so exciting. And then so horrible.

I've been good lately. don't get me started

Oh, I was there, I know.

Don't ever criticize Ryan Howard when it's actually warranted. DON'T EVER DO THAT!! God forbid...

I was there too. Worst sporting event I've ever attended.

he sucked that entire series. 12 K's in 22 ABs. One thing I will never call him is a choker. He has just as many big hits as anyone during this run. I just don't think he's good in general
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    The Fixer wrote:

he sucked that entire series. 12 K's in 22 ABs. One thing I will never call him is a choker. He has just as many big hits as anyone during this run. I just don't think he's good in general

yup he is no good and this team sucks :lol::lol: i imagine if the Phils had gotten shut out 5-0 last night you wouldn't have been talking about restaurants and you would have been trashing them. must kill you when they win. and at the risk of jinxing it and ruining it ryan has been pretty stellar defensively this year and lately especially.

and someone has to bunt down the 1st base line tonight to see if big fat slob papi can field it.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yup he is no good and this team sucks :lol::lol: i imagine if the Phils had gotten shut out 5-0 last night you wouldn't have been talking about restaurants and you would have been trashing them. must kill you when they win. and at the risk of jinxing it and ruining it ryan has been pretty stellar defensively this year and lately especially.

and someone has to bunt down the 1st base line tonight to see if big fat slob papi can field it.

your posts just get worse and worse

still think howard is better than adrian gonzalez?
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

your posts just get worse and worse

still think howard is better than adrian gonzalez?

nope but it ain't two years ago now is it? and i also know we'd never move ryan out of his position to move a fat slob into his place.

and is what i said wrong? be honest if the Phils got shut out 5-0 last night you'd would have been on here about the horrible offense. it's ok we all know it's true there is nothing wrong with admitting it.
    pjhawks wrote:
    nope but it ain't two years ago now is it? and i also know we'd never move ryan out of his position to move a fat slob into his place.

and is what i said wrong? be honest if the Phils got shut out 5-0 last night you'd would have been on here about the horrible offense. it's ok we all know it's true there is nothing wrong with admitting it.

the phils can't move howard off of first because he's too inept defensively to even think about playing another position. gonzalez is a great defensive first baseman and athletic enough to handle playing elsewhere in a pinch.

of course you're wrong. like I posted the other day, the results of these regular season games is mostly irrelevant. we all know that this team is going to the playoffs. last year they were upset because of their lineup. this year's lineup is worse than last years version. If you don't see a problem there, well I don't know what to tell you other than you're setting yourself up to be disappointed come october

this rotation can mask a lot of this team's deficiencies. come playoff time they are gonna have to score runs. they haven't proven they can do that consistently.
    DC signed romero. :lol::lol::lol:

That town loves philly's trash (knuble, romero, werth, and best of all...mcnabb)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    pjhawks wrote:
    and i also know we'd never move ryan out of his position to move a fat slob into his place.

I hate Ortiz as much as anyone, but Howard can't even think about touching Ortiz numbers this year. So yeah, if the Phillies had to make a decision between Ortiz and Howard, for one game, I am pretty sure they would make sure Ortiz is in the lineup.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

the phils can't move howard off of first because he's too inept defensively to even think about playing another position. gonzalez is a great defensive first baseman and athletic enough to handle playing elsewhere in a pinch.

of course you're wrong. like I posted the other day, the results of these regular season games is mostly irrelevant. we all know that this team is going to the playoffs. last year they were upset because of their lineup. this year's lineup is worse than last years version. If you don't see a problem there, well I don't know what to tell you other than you're setting yourself up to be disappointed come october

this rotation can mask a lot of this team's deficiencies. come playoff time they are gonna have to score runs. they haven't proven they can do that consistently.

you change your argument like the weather. 6 weeks ago they were going to be out of 1st by memorial day (wrong by 5 games) . 2 weeks ago it was they hadn't beaten a good starter and have since beaten 2 of the top 7 from the AL. now the regular season is irrelevant and they are a lock. at least if they don't win the series you can pat yourself on the back like you did with the flyers. if they do win the series this year i'll take you a nice restaurant to eat some crow.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

you change your argument like the weather. 6 weeks ago they were going to be out of 1st by memorial day (wrong by 5 games) . 2 weeks ago it was they hadn't beaten a good starter and have since beaten 2 of the top 7 from the AL. now the regular season is irrelevant and they are a lock. at least if they don't win the series you can pat yourself on the back like you did with the flyers. if they do win the series this year i'll take you a nice restaurant to eat some crow.

the chances of me sitting down to eat a meal with you are the same as ryan howard hitting 300 in a season

also, work on your reading comprehension.
    The Fixer wrote:
    the chances of me sitting down to eat a meal with you are the same as ryan howard hitting 300 in a season

ryan has already done that in his career :D

please enlighten me if there is anything i attributed to you in that post that is something you didn't say? i'll wait...........................
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

please enlighten me if there is anything i attributed to you in that post that is something you didn't say? i'll wait...........................

yes, he has..back during the one season he had where he was good. I meant chances of doing it again, which are 0%.

I never guaranteed the braves in first thing...I did think they would be in first and I was wrong. It was a prediction. Just like the preseason prediction that I made that the phils would win the division. If you had a pair you would have enlightened us with thoughts on what you expected to happen this season (which would have been high comedy I'm sure).

You're probably just mad that jeff carter and his 13 goals in 47 playoff games are gone. Still don't know how you defended that turd. Your sports track record here is pretty terrible
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yes, he has..back during the one season he had where he was good. I meant chances of doing it again, which are 0%.

I never guaranteed the braves in first thing...I did think they would be in first and I was wrong. It was a prediction. Just like the preseason prediction that I made that the phils would win the division. If you had a pair you would have enlightened us with thoughts on what you expected to happen this season (which would have been high comedy I'm sure).

You're probably just mad that jeff carter and his 13 goals in 47 playoff games are gone. Still don't know how you defended that turd. Your sports track record here is pretty terrible

well i did guarantee at least 95 wins for this team back when you were bitching about the offense and drunkingly said they'd be lucky to win 90.

and ill take any one to one team bet that the phils win the world series this year. you can have your pick of one team if you like.

i understand why Carter is gone (cap space and a clueless fan base) but also know unless they get Stamkos i can almost guarantee the fans like yourself will be bitching by midseason about the lack of offense. as much as i like giroux and jvr they ain't scoring 36 goals in the regular season that i'll bet on.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    For the love - who gives a shit? :roll:

Time to roll on Lackey tonight. He got killed by the Padres last week. :o
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    yeah, I really want to place a bet against the phillies :?

I said 93 wins. I still think that's where they end the season
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,823
    I'm heading down tonight

My first game with Clifford Lee

Can't wait to see all the Chowda heads

:roll:

i'll be there thursday. Anyone want to go? I might have an extra ticket. My one buddy might not be able to make it. Asked a few other people who i thought would/could make it, but no one yet :roll:

anyone? I'm striking out trying to find someone. Mostly everyone is working :( I bought a 6 game pacakge and could have sworn i got it for last night's game (even requested off awhile back), but about a month ago i double-checked my ticket and it was for tomorrow BSP game :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I heard The Champ, Bernard Hopkins addressed the team earlier today, should be good for the Fightens tonight, and I'm going, though I wish I was there last night with Lee, fans sounded loud last night and heard it was an awesome atmosphere, did the Philly fans actually outnumber the nation last night?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    you cats are too much...

just beat the sox tonight ...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    marcos wrote:
    I heard The Champ, Bernard Hopkins addressed the team earlier today, should be good for the Fightens tonight, and I'm going, though I wish I was there last night with Lee, fans sounded loud last night and heard it was an awesome atmosphere, did the Philly fans actually outnumber the nation last night?

"the nation" :roll: Don't bring that shit into this thread.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    marcos wrote:

"the nation" :roll: Don't bring that shit into this thread.

Hallelujah.
    the nation.... :lol:

so gay
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

so gay

so is bernard hopkins. hate the fact that he's affiliated with philly. he's such a hand job
    oh shit the game is on espn tonight..sweeeet

i can watch the sux maul whoever your pitcher is tonight ..worley?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

so gay

so is bernard hopkins. hate the fact that he's affiliated with philly. he's such a hand job

me too

I give him props for getting his life back in order but just shut up
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Dave O'Brien quote...'so far it has been one of lackey's best performances of the year'

shocking vs this lineup
    The Fixer wrote:
    Dave O'Brien quote...'so far it has been one of lackey's best performances of the year'

shocking vs this lineup

just heard that and thought of u saying this.... :lol:
    holla. sweep these queers tomorrow
    thank you very much ...
    you held the sox to 1 run in 18 innings...from lackey

and youhave some doubt about the ws :crazy: :wtf:

they're missing one of their best players.

these games don't mean anything. lot of season left
    The Fixer wrote:

they're missing one of their best players.

these games don't mean anything. lot of season left

dude... you guys are making the series..
This discussion has been closed.