***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I think I already talked the people I'm going with into the chef's tasting menu. Life is good. 8-)

Thats sweet. I am always a happy guy when I am out on business dinners and we do the tasting menu. Life is certainly good.

checking out new restaurants is one of my favorite things to do with the wife. philly has so many good restaurants.

Yeah, man. Philly has very under rated food. There is a new spot, Revolution House that was the old diner at the corner of 2nd and Market. Looks like it has a pretty awesome rooftop. Plan on hitting that this weekend, not expecting too much out of the food but looks like a great atmosphere for the early evening.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    Johnny, if you get there in time for the lunch menu, get the tuna tacos. Cliff, are they still on the menu? Every time after a Sunday game we'd get there at like 5:02 and they'd be like, "Sorry, lunch menu ended at 5." And they NEVER made an exception. Bastards.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    Johnny, if you get there in time for the lunch menu, get the tuna tacos. Cliff, are they still on the menu? Every time after a Sunday game we'd get there at like 5:02 and they'd be like, "Sorry, lunch menu ended at 5." And they NEVER made an exception. Bastards.

Tuna tacos kick fucking ass. Honestly, I can't think if they are still on the menu. I am blanking out, haven't had them in a while. They really push their brunch menu when I am there around that time, usually the weekends.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    This is Lee's 5th start vs an AL team since last October. How 'bout these totals: 40 IP, 20 H, 2 R, 48 K.

Awesome performance by Clifford
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    This is Lee's 5th start vs an AL team since last October. How 'bout these totals: 40 IP, 20 H, 2 R, 48 K.

He's in the zone. Hopefully they can light up Beckett's retarded brother tomorrow night.
    On a related/unrelated note - anybody see the CWS game last night. That catcher for SC is pretty damn good. Just tuned into tonight's game.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    On a related/unrelated note - anybody see the CWS game last night. That catcher for SC is pretty damn good. Just tuned into tonight's game.

Now ESPN isn't working. Stuck watching this horrible Yankees game. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

bits and pieces of it. this guy jackie bradley jr is the guy I wanted the phils to take in round 1. boston took him the pick after the phils first pick.

that was a seed
    The Fixer wrote:

bits and pieces of it. this guy jackie bradley jr is the guy I wanted the phils to take in round 1. boston took him the pick after the phils first pick.

that was a seed

They gotta find a new place for this thing - I mean it looks cool to go to, but I cannot for the life of me ever feel inclined to go to fucking Omaha.
    The Fixer wrote:

He's in the zone. Hopefully they can light up Beckett's retarded brother tomorrow night.

Best part all the knuckleheads down there couldn't cheer once

Not that many Sawx fans as the last time I was there

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    if the phils don't make the ws with this pitching staff they should shoot themselves

p.s. key word.....MAKE
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    if the phils don't make the ws with this pitching staff they should shoot themselves

p.s. key word.....MAKE

Not even on my radar. ANY team that makes the playoffs can make/win the WS. So I'm not even thinking about it right now. I just care about MAKING the playoffs with a healthy roster and a decent 5 hole hitter.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Jayson Stark says hi,lol!!!
    Go Birds!!!!

I still can't believe the giants beat lee twice in the WS. how the fuck did that shithouse team win the WS?? Still mind boggling to me

p.s. key word.....MAKE

Not even on my radar. ANY team that makes the playoffs can make/win the WS. So I'm not even thinking about it right now. I just care about MAKING the playoffs with a healthy roster and a decent 5 hole hitter.

LISTEN...BESIDES THE PHILS..the nl is average...they are way better than any other team in the nl

so ..its ws or bullets to the head

of course injuries cn happen..but if they are healthy nothing should stop them from getting there

don't even need oswalt
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

p.s. key word.....MAKE

LISTEN...BESIDES THE PHILS..the nl is average...they are way better than any other team in the nl

of course injuries cn happen..but if they are healthy nothing should stop them from getting there

don't even need oswalt

Spoken like a true Yankees fan. If it was only that easy...
    The Fixer wrote:

I still can't believe the giants beat lee twice in the WS. how the fuck did that shithouse team win the WS?? Still mind boggling to me

how the hell did they beat the phils for that matter

don't even need oswalt

3 of 5 best teams in baseball in NL.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

don't even need oswalt

Spoken like a true Yankees fan. If it was only that easy...

the confident attitude comes with winning ;)

its never easy...but you know when your team has the goods to make it..which the phils do

no team breezes thru ,but in the end you know any other nl team cant win 4 out of 7 from you

don't even need oswalt

i disagree..but i understand the nervousness

don't even need oswalt

Not sure about that. I think TB would be the 2nd best NL team

its never easy...but you know when your team has the goods to make it..which the phils do

no team breezes thru ,but in the end you know any other nl team cant win 4 out of 7 from you

Yeah, but I can't even think of what's going to happen 3-4 months from now. Like I said, anyone can win this thing, or get there for that matter. Your boys spent a shit load in '08 and didn't even make it to the playoffs while somehow we won a WS with a rotation that doesn't even come close to the one we have today. My point is you spend money to win 100 games, get into the playoffs, win awards, etc. But I'm convinced ANY team that gets into the playoffs can win it. And this is also why I love(hate) MLB playoffs. And, it's also why I drink 10x more than I do during any other playoffs in any other sport and it's not even close. I swear I'm going to have a stroke or die from liver failure one of these years.

Yeah, but I can't even think of what's going to happen 3-4 months from now. Like I said, anyone can win this thing, or get there for that matter. Your boys spent a shit load in '08 and didn't even make it to the playoffs while somehow we won a WS with a rotation that doesn't even come close to the one we have today. My point is you spend money to win 100 games, get into the playoffs, win awards, etc. But I'm convinced ANY team that gets into the playoffs can win it. And this is also why I love(hate) MLB playoffs. And, it's also why I drink 10x more than I do during any other playoffs in any other sport and it's not even close. I swear I'm going to have a stroke or die from liver failure one of these years.

relax the phils will be there...
    The Fixer wrote:

don't even need oswalt

Not sure about that. I think TB would be the 2nd best NL team

By record. Braves and Giants are better than Rays.

Brewers got so hosed on the inter league schedule thus year.

look on the bright side...if your liver gives out, that means the phils will have continued to make the playoffs.

neily, I bet on the US women today. easy money

That last inning last year... Damn. Was so exciting. And then so horrible.

The Fixer wrote:
    neily, I bet on the US women today. easy money

Now that's a compulsive gambler. :lol:

I've been good lately. don't get me started
    The Fixer wrote:

I've been good lately. don't get me started

Oh, I was there, I know.

Don't ever criticize Ryan Howard when it's actually warranted. DON'T EVER DO THAT!! God forbid...

You think for one minute I would know those stats??
    :lol:;)

This discussion has been closed.