***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hope you're joking with your first sentence. Sure he had a good game, but let's not get carried away. Hopefully we won't have to wait another week for him to have a good game. That seems to be the trend so far this season.

He finally found a lefty he could hit. A 35 year old washed up scrub with cancer.

actually he is 9 for his last 15 against lefties. and wait please explain to me how Chase is a god and you are sprouting off about him because he hit against those same shitty lefties? man you are illogical and so blinded when it comes to those 2.

good to see Chase put together 2 good games in a row. had his short sweet stroke going. great to see and hopefully can keep it up. hopefully charlie doesn't ride him too much and burn him out by september. play to end the game yesterday was a heck of a play.

really like stutes. shows some balls out there. i hope when they bring Worley back up that Romero is gone. was down there friday to watch that turd. how is it possible for a major leaguer to miss the plate so often by so much? i don't understand it.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah i agree with you about blanton...and i know it's not my money but fuck it. if it takes paying the luxury tax for a few months to put them over the top, then do it.

that said, i just look at it like the phils have always, always, been a 2nd half team with this regime. they've got the best record in baseball in mid june despite not hitting the ball like they can. if these guys even approach their career averages, with this rotation and back end of the bullpen, they can beat anybody.

yeah, we'll see what happens. like you said, the good thing is they still have plenty of time to upgrade the lineup.

I think the bullpen is an issue as well. How many relievers do you consistently trust in a big playoff spot? I'd say one...madson.

i'm not concerned about the bullpen too much just because of the rotation. madson, bastard, stutes, and contreras (assuming he straightens things out)--i'm all okay with right now. with any luck lidge gives you something. gotta add another lefty at some point. but i'm good with the backend of the bullpen.

I don't know man. Two of the four guys you just named are untested in playoffs. bastardo has some experience i guess. I don't think contreras has much left...especially if he has to pitch back to back days
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hope you're joking with your first sentence. Sure he had a good game, but let's not get carried away. Hopefully we won't have to wait another week for him to have a good game. That seems to be the trend so far this season.

He finally found a lefty he could hit. A 35 year old washed up scrub with cancer.

actually he is 9 for his last 15 against lefties. and wait please explain to me how Chase is a god and you are sprouting off about him because he hit against those same shitty lefties? man you are illogical and so blinded when it comes to those 2.

good to see Chase put together 2 good games in a row. had his short sweet stroke going. great to see and hopefully can keep it up. hopefully charlie doesn't ride him too much and burn him out by september. play to end the game yesterday was a heck of a play.

really like stutes. shows some balls out there. i hope when they bring Worley back up that Romero is gone. was down there friday to watch that turd. how is it possible for a major leaguer to miss the plate so often by so much? i don't understand it.

actually I never said anything about utley's offense. I was talking about his all around game. dude just does everything well...unlike some higher paid players on this team
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

actually I never said anything about utley's offense. I was talking about his all around game. dude just does everything well...unlike some higher paid players on this team

all things well? i guess you haven't seem him throw. steve sax and mackey sasser have nothing on him. usually he waits until the playoffs for that but it has started early this year.

although chase is probably the best base runner we've ever had. maybe rolen is the only one close.
    pjhawks wrote:

all things well? i guess you haven't seem him throw. steve sax and mackey sasser have nothing on him. usually he waits until the playoffs for that but it has started early this year.

although chase is probably the best base runner we've ever had. maybe rolen is the only one close.
    [/quote]

yeah, his throws have killed them in the playoffs :? . especially the one in the WS when he nailed bartlett at the plate in what could have been the play of the series.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yeah, his throws have killed them in the playoffs :? . especially the one in the WS when he nailed bartlett at the plate in what could have been the play of the series.[/quote]

didn't we go through this last year? something like 7 misplays in 35 playoff games. yes he has made some great plays, including the one that sealed yesterday's game, but don't just shrug off his misdeeds. he has f'd up about 7 plays in 17 games so far this year.
    pjhawks wrote:

didn't we go through this last year? something like 7 misplays in 35 playoff games. yes he has made some great plays, including the one that sealed yesterday's game, but don't just shrug off his misdeeds. he has f'd up about 7 plays in 17 games so far this year.

I definitely don't think it has been that many. 2 or 3 maybe. He was fighting his throws a bit in the first week or so off the DL. Don't you think that might have something to do with his plant knee being the one that was injured? Especially on the one DP turn he tried to make...he looked scared to get hit on his knee, which is understandable.

Utley is the least of my worries with this team
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I definitely don't think it has been that many. 2 or 3 maybe. He was fighting his throws a bit in the first week or so off the DL. Don't you think that might have something to do with his plant knee being the one that was injured? Especially on the one DP turn he tried to make...he looked scared to get hit on his knee, which is understandable.

Utley is the least of my worries with this team

you should be worried about the knee and he and charlie abusing it before september. he is probably seeing a bit too much time still as hard as it is to take him out of the lineup.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,608
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, we'll see what happens. like you said, the good thing is they still have plenty of time to upgrade the lineup.

I think the bullpen is an issue as well. How many relievers do you consistently trust in a big playoff spot? I'd say one...madson.

i'm not concerned about the bullpen too much just because of the rotation. madson, bastard, stutes, and contreras (assuming he straightens things out)--i'm all okay with right now. with any luck lidge gives you something. gotta add another lefty at some point. but i'm good with the backend of the bullpen.

I don't know man. Two of the four guys you just named are untested in playoffs. bastardo has some experience i guess. I don't think contreras has much left...especially if he has to pitch back to back days

mariano rivera was untested at one point too. kind of the risk that goes with going with your young guys. bastardo does have some experience. stutes seems to have the right mental make up to handle those pressure situations. a pennant race will be good gauge. but i've always wanted them to build a pen this way.

again--with this rotation, i don't think it's a concern so long as the back end is strong, which it appears to be.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988
    Utley starting to turn the corner - hitting the ball h-a-r-d. The timeline rounds out to about the same amount of time that he would be coming into form from spring training...
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Nice to see R6 staying hot and Utley too.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,824
    Utley starting to turn the corner - hitting the ball h-a-r-d. The timeline rounds out to about the same amount of time that he would be coming into form from spring training...

nother homer tonight. Go Phils!

I'll be at the game tomorrow night for Halladay :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

nother homer tonight. Go Phils!

I'll be at the game tomorrow night for Halladay :D

Halladay vs Sanchez...you got the right game this series. Sanchez is having a great year

Hamels is so good
    It's HITTING season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    lineup doesn't look too bad right now, eh? ;)

i love me some DOM BROWN! :clap::clap:

braves lost again too. looks like we'll get a lil separation tonight too.

go.phils.
    www.myspace.com
    shit.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,401
    Dom Brown is a bad man.

WTF just happened?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Please please let this be a spasm!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
    Go Birds!!!!
    that was a bomb by brown.

hopefully hamels injury isn't serious. glad charlie still had him pitching in the 8th inning of an 8 run game. makes perfect sense :roll:

I was hoping someone wouldn't post something like this. volstad was a sacrificial lamb tonight because there are 3 games in the next 48 hours and the marlins have no pitchers available (they still haven't named a starter for tomorrow).

let's not get carried away. the lineup still stinks
    The Fixer wrote:
    that was a bomb by brown.

hopefully hamels injury isn't serious. glad charlie still had him pitching in the 8th inning of an 8 run game. makes perfect sense :roll:
    With a reasonable pitch count and what happened last week he had every right to be in the game at that point.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

I was hoping someone wouldn't post something like this. volstad was a sacrificial lamb tonight because there are 3 games in the next 48 hours and the marlins have no pitchers available (they still haven't named a starter for tomorrow).

bout 5 runs a game since that dreadful pirates series. as i've been saying sooner or later they will come around.

try
    to enjoy it :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    it took 2 years...but we found her at the 5 minute mark!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2o4BeOV ... ture=share
    :lol::lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

bout 5 runs a game since that dreadful pirates series. as i've been saying sooner or later they will come around.

try

7 runs total vs the dodgers (and they didn't even face kershaw). I'm not impressed by putting up numbers against the cubs and chris volstad. We will see how they do against Sanchez and King Felix this week.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

try

7 runs total vs the dodgers (and they didn't even face kershaw). I'm not impressed by putting up numbers against the cubs and chris volstad. We will see how they do against Sanchez and King Felix this week.

yet you never missed a chance to tell us that the braves were on fire recently during their hot streak...against these same marlins and the mighty astros of houston. :?

this team will be fine (feels strange having to say that when they have the best record in baseball)

seriously man---fucking enjoy this team. you'll regret it later if you don't.
    www.myspace.com
    huge game for dom. he's had a rough go at it the last 6 games or so.
    www.myspace.com
    I do enjoy the wins (I didn't even bring up the two fielding miscues by a certain player tonight!). Just remember what the goal is. Right now they're not good enough.

I was at game 6 last year. I don't want that feeling again.

Dom Brown seems like a likable dude. Hopefully he continues to play well. Just let him play every day.

And yes, the braves still worry me. They're without their best hitter for a month now. They're not going anywhere.

Would be nice to take both games tomorrow. Not usually a realistic expectation, but the marlins are throwing a dude making his first ever MLB start in game 1 and halladay goes in game 2.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I do enjoy the wins (I didn't even bring up the two fielding miscues by a certain player tonight!). Just remember what the goal is. Right now they're not good enough.

Dom Brown seems like a likable dude. Hopefully he continues to play well. Just let him play every day.

And yes, the braves still worry me. They're without their best hitter for a month now. They're not going anywhere.

Would be nice to take both games tomorrow. Not usually a realistic expectation, but the marlins are throwing a dude making his first ever MLB start in game 1 and halladay goes in game 2.

i think he's been out 3 weeks. we went 2 months without our regular lineup. the braves aren't world beaters. they'll definitely hang around all year. we're a better team though.

and who's good enough on june 14th to be in the world series? :lol: the philles never are at this point in the year. certainly weren't in '08. 2nd half team. loooooong season.

they'll be fine.

i like how the lineup looks right now with polanco in the 5 hole...then you got a little pop with brown at 7.

hamels better be okay.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i think he's been out 3 weeks. we went 2 months without our regular lineup. the braves aren't world beaters. they'll definitely hang around all year. we're a better team though.

and who's good enough on june 14th to be in the world series? :lol: the philles never are at this point in the year. certainly weren't in '08. 2nd half team. loooooong season.

they'll be fine.

i like how the lineup looks right now with polanco in the 5 hole...then you got a little pop with brown at 7.

hamels better be okay.

during the game on sunday they said that through the same number of games the 08 phils had the exact same record as theis year's team

agree phils are better than braves...I just don't think by much.

polanco ain't a 5 hitter
    well there ya go....and this year's team still hasn't played up to their capabilities. it's mid june anyway. i'd rather peak in october. ;)

i like rollins and victorino 1-2 just for all the speed you get there. yeah, polanco's not your typical 5 but i don't know where else i'd put him in this lineup right now.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.