***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,610
    when harry took over for by saam (or however you spell his name) the city took a long time to warm up to him and the dude obviously went on to become a legend in this town.

really
    hoping montgomery doesn't think the same thing will happen here with this used car salesman.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Dude, I think Hell - if it was real - would consist of me having to sit down and listen to Wheels and McCarthy banter back and forth. This is insufferable. I'm going to pour acid in my ears.

haha, awesome. my hell would be mccarthy's fake laugh looped like EV plays Arc.
    not a tough play
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988
    when harry took over for by saam (or however you spell his name) the city took a long time to warm up to him and the dude obviously went on to become a legend in this town.

really
    hoping montgomery doesn't think the same thing will happen here with this used car salesman.

At least I have Sarge for 3 innings. Maybe he's not the best, but at least he makes fun of these other two weirdos.

Frankze & LA - gotta happen. That's your next duo right there. It's just unfortunate because of how much brown nosing McCarthy does, and of course we know how long Wheels has been doing that, so it'll be tough to squeeze them in. Then again, if the Phils had any pulse they'd know no one gives a poop about these two idiots and that the radio guys should be on tv.
    just bugs me that harry only did 6 innings yet they give this douche the entire game...
    www.myspace.com
    Exactly. He goes from doing bitch work in the stands, to 3 innings, to the entire game within a year just because an icon croaked? Doesn't make any sense unless A) he's one incredible brown noser or B) has substantial black-mail material on the organization like Wheels.

Just got my Eddie Tower confirmation. Can't believe it's already that time.
    I like Sarge more than LA. I think he's hilarious...even if it is unintentional

I still don't have an EV ticket. Theose MFers haven't come down at all on SH. Only one show in philly really sucks. Regardless, I will find a way to get to that show.

Hartford next saturday for this guy
    The Fixer wrote:

I still don't have an EV ticket. Theose MFers haven't come down at all on SH. Only one show in philly really sucks. Regardless, I will find a way to get to that show.

Hartford...yuck....

Yeah, I'm sure someone somewhere outside the Tower or in The Waterford will have a spare. Here's to hoping I get row BBB like last time...
    The Fixer wrote:

Hartford...yuck....

Yeah, I'm sure someone somewhere outside the Tower or in The Waterford will have a spare. Here's to hoping I get row BBB like last time...

I have the hartford tix...just not philly. yet.

Never been to hartford...just driven thru on the way to boston. I love getting hammered in new cities
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Hartford...yuck....

I have the hartford tix...just not philly. yet.

Never been to hartford...just driven thru on the way to boston. I love getting hammered in new cities

As do I, but Hartford is a meh city. Somewhere in between Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
    Yo, Jeags, I think your Dykstra biopic prayers are being answered...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... _will.html

"Heap's explanation: "Everyone deserves a second chance."

He might have another reason: He's producing a movie about Dykstra's life, says TMZ."
    edited June 2011
    As do I, but Hartford is a meh city. Somewhere in between Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

I'm not expecting much. Will be cool to hit some different bars and see EV. Then the phils play in seattle, so I will be finding a sports bar to check that out after the show and bring the usual debachery. I just hope the Bruins don't win it all
    Post edited by The Fixer on

He might have another reason: He's producing a movie about Dykstra's life, says TMZ."

anyone see that recent documentary about the 86 mets? I haven't seen it and I'm not sure where to find it. Would love to check it out

this is great news.

next up: some time in prison followed up by swallowing his pride, cleaning up his life and becoming a coach on his son's minor league team... as the two reconnect after years of being estranged.

cue the credits....
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

anyone see that recent documentary about the 86 mets? I haven't seen it and I'm not sure where to find it. Would love to check it out

no. where can this be found? was it a 30 for 30 thing?......i saw the michael jordan/minor league one the other night. pretty interesting.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

no. where can this be found? was it a 30 for 30 thing?......i saw the michael jordan/minor league one the other night. pretty interesting.

def wasn't espn. Pretty sure it was a NY sports channel. Not sure though. I'll post something in the mets thread

this is great news.

next up: some time in prison followed up by swallowing his pride, cleaning up his life and becoming a coach on his son's minor league team... as the two reconnect after years of being estranged.

cue the credits....

If he cleans up and looks like a born-again Christian, then I would think Phillies Wall of Fame is in the not so distant future. :thumbup:

:lol: Dude's at absolute rock bottom(or who knows what that actually is though..) and we're already planning his rise. LIKE THE PHOENIX OF ARIZONA!
    dykstra_mug_april.jpg

Our(at least my) hero.
    dykstra_mug_april.jpg

Our(at least my) hero.

hahaha....i love how he's not even looking at the camera :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Well, at this rate that won't happen for another 2-3 months...
    speaking of rising like the phoenix of arizona.... :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    Well, at this rate that won't happen for another 2-3 months...

haha. nice to see though.

zambrano is done career-wise. he's stiff as a board when he throws
    Nice AB from Ramirez. Is this seriously going to be a game? Just gimme a night of not tightening my asshole...
    Nice AB from Ramirez. Is this seriously going to be a game? Just gimme a night of not tightening my asshole...

This pen makes me nervous. Everyone except madson (which is kinda ironic after last night)
    here comes a walk
    Only fuckin' Romero. Time to cut ties with this dude. He definitely isn't making the playoff roster - again, IF they make it.

Seriously, seriously, seriously - I'm 6 drinks deep on Goose & Iced Tea and don't want any stress. Gay.
    Only fuckin' Romero. Time to cut ties with this dude. He definitely isn't making the playoff roster - again, IF they make it.

Seriously, seriously, seriously - I'm 6 drinks deep on Goose & Iced Tea and don't want any stress. Gay.

He really does blow.

PP nailed it...romero is all over the place when he comes in. he lobs a beach ball down the middle and does that stupid head turn and 'oh my gosh, how'd he smoke that ball' every time he doesn't walk someone.

so yeah, he um, blows
    88 he topped out at. Un-fucking-real. This is really Contreras's fault, but still.....Jesus fuckin' Christ...
    C'mon. Love a double play ball here...
    I'll take that.
This discussion has been closed.