***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988
    Thank fuckin' God....
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    stutes is nice. not a closer type, but he should be a solid piece for years to come
    The Fixer wrote:
    stutes is nice. not a closer type, but he should be a solid piece for years to come

Absolutely. Refreshing to see some new blood hitting the big club.
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, for sure. I wonder how defratus is doing. havent heard anything about him.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, for sure. I wonder how defratus is doing. havent heard anything about him.

Yeah, nothing too great I think. Apparently there's some 32 yr old dude who is leading the league in era - like less than 1 ERA or something crazy - that people are talking about coming up. Have no idea who he is.

Bastardo and Stutes - that's nice right there. Now with Dom Brown. It'd be nice to see a decent transition for this entire roster.
    defratus...

32 IP, 1.97 ERA, 13 BB, 39 Ks, 1.22 WHIP. Currently at AA.

Solid numbers. Hopefully he will be up next year
    Or so I am wrong. I thought he was in Lehigh.

I like the AA to Majors transition.
    I gotta say, I haven't liked Utley's pitch selection since he's been back. But he's got time. This is like Spring Training.
    that was sick!! chooch is awesome
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,610
    carlos ruiz is the man
    www.myspace.com
    Nice. That was fucking nasty. Ruiz = best defensive catcher in the NL. By far. A shame that doesn't get you an all-star nod.
    I gotta say, I haven't liked Utley's pitch selection since he's been back. But he's got time. This is like Spring Training.

I hate to say it, but he might be more of a 2 than 3 hitter at this point. I'm not ready to fully admit that yet, but it's crossed my mind.
    The Fixer wrote:

I hate to say it, but he might be more of a 2 than 3 hitter at this point. I'm not ready to fully admit that yet, but it's crossed my mind.

Yeah, I hear ya. I believe the power is still there, but he's been swinging at too many front door pitches that have been fooling him. Plus, I'm seeing some of the power, but not that full torque swing where he drives a left handed pitcher's fastball inside way out of the park.
    haven't heard anything about this dude, but this is great to see.

phillippe aumont @ AA

27.2 IP, 2.60 ERA, 8 BB, 36 Ks, 1.05 WHIP

I'd love for the phils to copy what the braves did with their bullpen. go with young beasts instead of overpaying for free agent relievers.
    He knew it. Alright, on with the drinking in peace now...
    The Fixer wrote:

phillippe aumont @ AA

I'd love for the phils to copy what the braves did with their bullpen. go with young beasts instead of overpaying for free agent relievers.

I honestly think that's what they would hope to do, but no one's been stepping up. Hopefully this continue and we get Bastardo, De Fratus, Stutes, Aumont, Ramirez(I believe he was still doing real well), and Madson.

EDIT: Actually, Ramirez has been starting, and last I heard scouts thought he has a legit chance at a #5 role in this rotation.
    The Fixer wrote:

phillippe aumont @ AA

I honestly think that's what they would hope to do, but no one's been stepping up. Hopefully this continue and we get Bastardo, De Fratus, Stutes, Aumont, Ramirez(I believe he was still doing real well), and Madson.

Yeah, I think you're right about ramirez. apparently he had hip surgery in the offseason. supposed to be a tough kid as he pitched through the pain last year...and his numbers suffered

this is random, but any of you guys been folllowing this casey/kylie anthony story? the wife is big on these news shows like 20/20 and dateline, so I get to see quite a bit of this stuff. anyway, 20/20 is on abc now. story is pretty crazy...and really fucked up
    Dude, my aunt, and numerous other women I know, are OBSESSED with that shit. But once I read and watched some of it, I can see why.

From the last I heard - this is what I've come to theorize. This chick Casey - whom has massive bombs - killed her kid, the parents found out about it afterwards, now the parents can't stand the anguish and are stuck between confessing that their daughter killed their granddaughter and trying to hold back from doing so. Pretty crazy. I don't know, the last time I heard anything was like a week ago so I'm sure new shit has come to light. And Nancy Grace is a human version of a hospital fridge box. Ice cold and sterile.
    Dude, my aunt, and numerous other women I know, are OBSESSED with that shit. But once I read and watched some of it, I can see why.

From the last I heard - this is what I've come to theorize. This chick Casey - whom has massive bombs - killed her kid, the parents found out about it afterwards, now the parents can't stand the anguish and are stuck between confessing that their daughter killed their granddaughter and trying to hold back from doing so. Pretty crazy. I don't know, the last time I heard anything was like a week ago so I'm sure new shit has come to light. And Nancy Grace is a human version of a hospital fridge box. Ice cold and sterile.

yeah, that's how I understand the story too. to add to that, there is speculation that the parents helped her ditch the body. there is some kind of trial that started this week. I wasn't really paying attention to what's on TV

fucked up story though. adorable kid.

and yes, huge cannons
    Yeah, I maybe watched 5 minutes of all the coverage and have it perfectly figured out. Perfectly.
    Yeah, I maybe watched 5 minutes of all the coverage and have it perfectly figured out. Perfectly.

yeah, some of these shows drag shit out for an hour or two when they could summarize things in 10 minutes. I don't mind most of the shows. could be worse I guess, she could be into american idol or dancing with stars
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, some of these shows drag shit out for an hour or two when they could summarize things in 10 minutes. I don't mind most of the shows. could be worse I guess, she could be into american idol or dancing with stars

Yeah, for example, right now I'm watching the Stanley Cup Finals while watching the Bonnaroo live stream. MMJ killin' it.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, for example, right now I'm watching the Stanley Cup Finals while watching the Bonnaroo live stream. MMJ killin' it.

Im flipping to the hockey game. Come on vancouver
    Exactly.
    headed down today. got hof seats again. better not fucking rain...
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    Only fuckin' Romero. Time to cut ties with this dude. He definitely isn't making the playoff roster - again, IF they make it.

Seriously, seriously, seriously - I'm 6 drinks deep on Goose & Iced Tea and don't want any stress. Gay.

He really does blow.

PP nailed it...romero is all over the place when he comes in. he lobs a beach ball down the middle and does that stupid head turn and 'oh my gosh, how'd he smoke that ball' every time he doesn't walk someone.

so yeah, he um, blows

Yeah...not only does he stink he's a phuckin tool

They have to cut their ties with this guy
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    bats coming alive again? :eh:

appalachian brew pub just opened up a few blocks away from me. i've always liked their water gap wheat ale. gotta check this place out.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,404
    Hello! I'm in Denver. Flight was good. People looked up after we landed and hadn't even realized there was a baby on the plane. :D we'll see how the return flight goes. Rox games are all crazy to watch. :lol:

Nice to see 2 straight 7 run games. EV comin up! Talk to you clowns later.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

appalachian brew pub just opened up a few blocks away from me. i've always liked their water gap wheat ale. gotta check this place out.

You have me confused......Appalachian Brew Pub? Am I just missing this one?

And this is the dude from last night I was talking about all drunk...and, as par the course, I am drunk again....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... mound.html

You have me confused......Appalachian Brew Pub? Am I just missing this one?

And this is the dude from last night I was talking about all drunk...and, as par the course, I am drunk again....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... mound.html

http://www.abcbrew.com/collegeville/index.htm

gotta be one of the quietest openings of restaurant/bar i've ever seen. my wife's sister's boyfriend asked me about it at the phils game. had no idea what he was talking about. website says they open on 6/30 but apparently they opened earlier. we're hoping to check it out tonight.

and yeah, i've been hearing about this gordon guy at lehigh....any chance they call him up?
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.