3. Chase Utley (L) 2B
    4. Ryan Howard (L) 1B
    5. Raul Ibanez (L) LF
    6. Carlos Ruiz (R) C
    7. Domonic Brown (L) RF
    8. John Mayberry (R) CF
    9. Cliff Lee

3 lefties in a row again

I think it's dumb, but I guess there aren't many options. Hopefully when victorino is back on friday the 3 consec lefties comes to an end. though against the mets and nats bullpen, it doesn't matter
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Goatboy wrote:
    tonights lineup
    1. Jimmy Rollins (S) SS
    2. Placido Polanco (R) 3B
    3. Chase Utley (L) 2B
    4. Ryan Howard (L) 1B
    5. Raul Ibanez (L) LF
    6. Carlos Ruiz (R) C
    7. Domonic Brown (L) RF
    8. John Mayberry (R) CF
    9. Cliff Lee

3 lefties in a row again

dude! welcome back to thread :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    We'll have to grab a beer in Alpine Valley together,after all said and done this trip will cost me 1500. It might be a little more then i expected cause i'll hopefully be allowed to eat good shitty food and drink more then a few beers :D
    Go Birds!!!!
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    The Fixer wrote:
    Goatboy wrote:
    tonights lineup
    1. Jimmy Rollins (S) SS
    2. Placido Polanco (R) 3B
    3. Chase Utley (L) 2B
    4. Ryan Howard (L) 1B
    5. Raul Ibanez (L) LF
    6. Carlos Ruiz (R) C
    7. Domonic Brown (L) RF
    8. John Mayberry (R) CF
    9. Cliff Lee

3 lefties in a row again

I think it's dumb, but I guess there aren't many options. Hopefully when victorino is back on friday the 3 consec lefties comes to an end. though against the mets and nats bullpen, it doesn't matter

I do too. It's a real problem late in the game. I guess it won't matter until they start losing games in bunches to lefties.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    edited May 2011
    One of the most overrated issues with this team. I'll take a predominantly lefty heavy lineup any day of the week. The only problem is Howard specifically. And there's no reason to overblow it. They're like 15-2 against lefty starters or something this season. And when 70% of pitchers are righties, I'll take a lefty lineup any day of the week. Over the course of the season it's more beneficial than not. Now, if you're talking playoffs, that's another story.

Oh, and happy Memorial Day, knuckleheads.

EDIT: Wow. Two "any day of the week" cliches within the same paragraph. F- on my behalf.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PJ20 will be a good time. Even if the shows aren't all that insane, it will be a great weekend. Lake house, drinking and pearl jam on Labor Day weekend is pretty fantastic.

And I don't think I mentioned anything, good luck with everything Jammin, hope all goes well.

yeah man, this trip is gonna be great. all the dummies bitching about cost didn't do their homework. all things considered this trip will cost me half of what I originally expected it to.

I would have preferred a major city (ie, not milwaukee), but it will be a good time

It's gonna be a great time and not close to as expensive as I originally thought. I would have prefered a major city as well, Chicago would have been awesome, but people would have been bitching about the price even more if it were there. I would spend 10x the amount of money in Chicago than I will in East Troy/Lake Delavan, Wisconsin or where ever the hell we are going. Either way, I can't fucking wait. Just don't want it to get here too fast since that means the summer will be over.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    One of the most overrated issues with this team. I'll take a predominantly lefty heavy lineup any day of the week. The only problem is Howard specifically. And there's no reason to overblow it. They're like 15-2 against lefty starters or something this season. And when 70% of pitchers are righties, I'll take a lefty lineup any day of the week. Over the course of the season it's more beneficial than not. Now, if you're talking playoffs, that's another story.

EDIT: Wow. Two "any day of the week" cliches within the same paragraph. F- on my behalf.

like goatboy said though, the reliance on lefties makes them vulnerable late in games. especially in the playoffs when teams have decent LOOGYS (Jose Lopez anyone? or damaso marte?).

Hopefully this will be the biggest issue during the year. I'm sure there will be a jeff conine type available over the next few months (I'd love willingham or beltran)
    you guys realize shane victorino, a switch hitter, will be back friday right?

you also remember how most people assume we'll be in the market for a right handed stick by the end of july?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

like goatboy said though, the reliance on lefties makes them vulnerable late in games. especially in the playoffs when teams have decent LOOGYS (Jose Lopez anyone? or damaso marte?).

Hopefully this will be the biggest issue during the year. I'm sure there will be a jeff conine type available over the next few months (I'd love willingham or beltran)

Yeah, like I said, to me it's a good problem. Playoffs are another animal, and I'll worry about it when/if we get there. And I don't see no way that they don't upgrade their outfield position/bullpen. Is DeRosa still hurt or something? I wouldn't mind someone like him. I'm just thinking because you need a corner outfield guy and someone who can play third - at least third too.
    And it looks like this guy is going to make a run to Best Buy now and pick up Ukulele Songs, Water In The Road Blu Ray, and Circuital.

Anyone get their fair share of these yet?
    And it looks like this guy is going to make a run to Best Buy now and pick up Ukulele Songs, Water In The Road Blu Ray, and Circuital.

picking them up on the way home from work....t minus 12 minutes...
    www.myspace.com

I have listened to Uke songs quite a bit over the last couple weeks and kind of dig it. I don't think it's really on the same level as Into The Wild, but he is pretty awesome vocally on it.

I have to get the DVD over the next day or so. I really want to see that.

I paid way too much to the 10c and of course don't have them yet :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!

yeah i never do that since it never gets here on time.
    www.myspace.com

yeah i never do that since it never gets here on time.

I never really had a problem with this. In fact, everything I've ever gotten has come early. Just didn't have the funds to do it at the time. And I'd probably end up buying the songbook as well that way.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I have listened to Uke songs quite a bit over the last couple weeks and kind of dig it. I don't think it's really on the same level as Into The Wild, but he is pretty awesome vocally on it.

I have to get the DVD over the next day or so. I really want to see that.

Yeah, I listened to Uke Songs on the NPR stream and I like it, but most of what I already like are on the solo boots I've had for nearly ten years. Can't believe that most of those songs have been out nearly a decade now.

you also remember how most people assume we'll be in the market for a right handed stick by the end of july?

gonna be tough though. phils are right up against the luxury tax. I've been wrong about their payroll before, but I don't see them going over the luxury tax threshold.

http://www.csnphilly.com/05/21/11/bSali ... feedID=704
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, like I said, to me it's a good problem. Playoffs are another animal, and I'll worry about it when/if we get there. And I don't see no way that they don't upgrade their outfield position/bullpen. Is DeRosa still hurt or something? I wouldn't mind someone like him. I'm just thinking because you need a corner outfield guy and someone who can play third - at least third too.

yeah, his shoulder or wrist is fucked up. He hasn't been healthy in a while.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, I was just trying to think of a name of that ilk. Or how bout Wilson Betemit or Cuddyer? I wouldn't mind those, even though I think Betemit is a bit of an aberration.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, I was just trying to think of a name of that ilk. Or how bout Wilson Betemit or Cuddyer? I wouldn't mind those, even though I think Betemit is a bit of an aberration.

I'm not a big fan of either of them. I've always considered cuddyer to be overrated...and he's always knicked up.

There's plenty of time for them to figure something out. RAJ will make something happen
    Eh, maybe this where the blowing of the Twins begins, but I always thought of him as a clutch player.
    And they always beat the Yanks.

What I'm saying is, Cliff, this is all pointed towards you.
    not a pretty list. Francouer is the only RHer and I can't stand him. Beltran would be my first choice. Wouldn't mind Pence or Willingham either, but they'd cost more (trade-wise)

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... -outfield/
    WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Go Birds!!!!
    And they always beat the Yanks.

What I'm saying is, Cliff, this is all pointed towards you.

There are 2 things that suck about the Twins being terrible.

1. That Lirano blows too and can't be traded for.

2. The Yanks don't get to automatically advance to the ALCS this year.
    The Fixer wrote:
    not a pretty list. Francouer is the only RHer and I can't stand him. Beltran would be my first choice. Wouldn't mind Pence or Willingham either, but they'd cost more (trade-wise)

Pence isn't going anywhere. Not with the new ownership unless its for a fucking truck load.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Pence isn't going anywhere. Not with the new ownership unless its for a fucking truck load.

Aren't they bringing up one of their top pitching prospects? Trying to show a promising product I guess?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    beltran for his salary and your best catching prospect :P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

there's always the ed wade factor. he loves middle relievers. stutes, zagurski, and defratus could be enough :D

howard didn't look good getting down the line there. definitely give him the day off for day game tomorrow vs the lefty
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    beltran for his salary and your best catching prospect :P

phils are thin at catcher

cool avatar. Funny, I was thinking about the Who today.

If you were an MLB player, what would your AB music be? I was thinking Eminence Front. I think that would be bad ass. the part when the drums first kick in

25 second mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnHLgxKUsEA
This discussion has been closed.