Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    vance optioned back to triple a...
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'm not getting into it today

Nice win today

well it's memorial day and guess who is still in 1st place? surprise the Fixer was stone cold wrong again. In fact his team the Braves is still in 3rd place :lol::lol::lol:
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice win today

well it's memorial day and guess who is still in 1st place? surprise the Fixer was stone cold wrong again. In fact his team the Braves is still in 3rd place :lol::lol::lol:
    Are u going to pj20 as well? I am i think thefixer is as well,i loved to share a drink with you to and here the drunken sports talk.
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice win today

Are u going to pj20 as well? I am i think thefixer is as well,i loved to share a drink with you to and here the drunken sports talk.

1st off good luck on wednesday man. hope everything works out.

no i am not going to PJ20. Didn't think it was a good value. no interes in Wisconsin and staying 100 miles away. Was thinking about Toronto but couldn't get through during the 10C ticket fiasco and wasn't available the following day for the ticketmaster tickets. Trying to decide whether to StubHub Toronto now and still make it up. looks like some decent seats available there.
    Thanks i appreciate it,as long as the heart goes back into rhythm i should be fine. That sucks i think just the atmosphere alone will be worth it. Not to mention the insane setlists that will surely happen. I don't think we have a clue how amazing these shows will be. This is a once in a life time experience that i can't miss.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Thanks i appreciate it,as long as the heart goes back into rhythm i should be fine. That sucks i think just the atmosphere alone will be worth it. Not to mention the insane setlists that will surely happen. I don't think we have a clue how amazing these shows will be. This is a once in a life time experience that i can't miss.

i hear ya' but after the Spectrum shows how amazing can it be? i mean those were just perfect to me. and i'm getting too old to stand on the lawn. it should be fun i'm sure but i think they could have done it so much better. should have been more centralized, either in a major city, a park, camping ground, tourist destination type of thing where more of the fans could be more together. with the venue being so far from everything you are going to have pj fans scattered about. i don't know just wasnt my thing.

let us know how it goes on wednesday. is it a quick thing or will you be laid up for a bit?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    PJ20 will be a good time. Even if the shows aren't all that insane, it will be a great weekend. Lake house, drinking and pearl jam on Labor Day weekend is pretty fantastic.

And I don't think I mentioned anything, good luck with everything Jammin, hope all goes well.
    in the end i couldn't convince my friends, who aren't tenclubbers, that pj20 was worth the money and aggravation. cliffy it sounds like you guys did it right but i still can't see that costing much less than a grand when it's all said and done (little things add up on that kind of weekend). it was a tough sell.

looks like i'll be down the shore that weekend now. hoping the rumors of a pay per view thing come to fruition. pj, the shore, and lots of beers would be pretty cool. i bet they just do a webcast or something though.

have fun to all who are going.
    www.myspace.com
    in the end i couldn't convince my friends, who aren't tenclubbers, that pj20 was worth the money and aggravation. cliffy it sounds like you guys did it right but i still can't see that costing much less than a grand when it's all said and done (little things add up on that kind of weekend). it was a tough sell.

looks like i'll be down the shore that weekend now. hoping the rumors of a pay per view thing come to fruition. pj, the shore, and lots of beers would be pretty cool. i bet they just do a webcast or something though.

have fun to all who are going.

I hear you and it was a huge pain in the balls in the beginning trying to figure everything out but now that it's all set up, it's going to be pretty sweet. I think my girl is using her miles for our flights so that saves us a bit. I hear you though, I didn't even really bother trying to round people up because it would have been a pain.
    You can have Cliff Lee :lol::lol::lol:

Cliff Lee: 3.50 ERA and a WHIP of 1.22
    Bartolo Colon: 3.26 ERA and a WHIP of 1.1
    pjhawks wrote:

i hear ya' but after the Spectrum shows how amazing can it be? i mean those were just perfect to me. and i'm getting too old to stand on the lawn. it should be fun i'm sure but i think they could have done it so much better. should have been more centralized, either in a major city, a park, camping ground, tourist destination type of thing where more of the fans could be more together. with the venue being so far from everything you are going to have pj fans scattered about. i don't know just wasnt my thing.

let us know how it goes on wednesday. is it a quick thing or will you be laid up for a bit?
    Should be a quick thing but since i've been out of rhythm so long, doc said it might not wanna go back.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PJ20 will be a good time. Even if the shows aren't all that insane, it will be a great weekend. Lake house, drinking and pearl jam on Labor Day weekend is pretty fantastic.

And I don't think I mentioned anything, good luck with everything Jammin, hope all goes well.
    Ty Cliffy i appreciate it!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'll take my chances.

Howard had a nice, big hit on a breaking ball from the Mets LOOGY the other day. Also most major league pitchers can't consistently throw off speed pitches for strikes; that's why they throw Howard fastballs.

I tried to start a THIS IS OUR TRAIN chant on the Metro after the game but it didn't catch.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Oh yeah. Good luck jammin!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Oh yeah. Good luck jammin!
    Thanks Johnny!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited May 2011
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'll take my chances.

Howard had a nice, big hit on a breaking ball from the Mets LOOGY the other day. Also most major league pitchers can't consistently throw off speed pitches for strikes; that's why they throw Howard fastballs.

who would have thought? :lol:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    this is why you never hit three lefties in a row
    Bing,bang ,boom!!! R6 is a beast!!!!

yep, he's now hitting 250/336/505. what a monster
    9hr 30rbi .262 .329 .411 .740 Pujulos
    12 hr 42 rbi .252 339 .505 .844 R6
    I guess Pujulos blows as well.
    Go Birds!!!!
    yep, he's now hitting 250/336/505. what a monster

9hr 30rbi .262 .329 .411 .740 Pujulos
    12 hr 42 rbi .252 339 .505 .844 R6
    I guess Pujulos blows as well.

i'm sure he is going to say 54 games is not enough to judge on (unless of course your name is Howard then every K is treated like the end of the world).

Just keep winning series.
    looks like kendrick will get the nod on saturday.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

yep..vomit
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

yep..vomit

I guess Worley didn't have much room for error. Kendrick could give up 100 runs and they would keep him up. :roll:

As for Pujols/Howard, it's widely acknowledge that PooPoo is having a bad year. Howard's stats are nothing special, but it feels like he's had big hits to win about dozen games already this year.

yep..vomit

I guess Worley didn't have much room for error. Kendrick could give up 100 runs and they would keep him up. :roll:

As for Pujols/Howard, it's widely acknowledge that PooPoo is having a bad year. Howard's stats are nothing special, but it feels like he's had big hits to win about dozen games already this year.
    That's kinda my point Howards having a slow start and still is putting up power and rbi numbers. He's been clutch his whole career besides last year imo.
    Go Birds!!!!
    d murphy has a good article about the worley move and the rotation leading up to the break. things set up quite nicely for us. he seems to think vance will be back up in just a few weeks. kid needs to mature a bit.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    d murphy has a good article about the worley move and the rotation leading up to the break. things set up quite nicely for us. he seems to think vance will be back up in just a few weeks. kid needs to mature a bit.

yeah, like I said last week, it makes sense for him to be in AAA getting on a set schedule.

I get to see kendrick in pittsburgh on saturday. perfect. we found a bar 1.5 miles from our hotel that has midgets kept in doghouses. Every hour they come out and walk around on the bar, making a ruckus and pouring free shots. I'm leaning towards eating my tix and hitting this bar.
    edited May 2011

That's kinda my point Howards having a slow start and still is putting up power and rbi numbers. He's been clutch his whole career besides last year imo.

And the '09 WS. 4-23, 13K's

I'm half kidding...I'm glad he picked it up the last few weeks.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah man, this trip is gonna be great. all the dummies bitching about cost didn't do their homework. all things considered this trip will cost me half of what I originally expected it to.

I would have preferred a major city (ie, not milwaukee), but it will be a good time
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah man, this trip is gonna be great. all the dummies bitching about cost didn't do their homework. all things considered this trip will cost me half of what I originally expected it to.

I would have preferred a major city (ie, not milwaukee), but it will be a good time

i'd say your thing's gonna be around a grand when it's all said and done. that's about what i was expecting. but it's not cheap for a couple concerts. and it's a tough sell to people who aren't ten clubbers.

that said, should still be a good time up there.
    www.myspace.com
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    tonights lineup
    1. Jimmy Rollins (S) SS
    2. Placido Polanco (R) 3B
    3. Chase Utley (L) 2B
    4. Ryan Howard (L) 1B
    5. Raul Ibanez (L) LF
    6. Carlos Ruiz (R) C
    7. Domonic Brown (L) RF
    8. John Mayberry (R) CF
    9. Cliff Lee

3 lefties in a row again
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i'd say your thing's gonna be around a grand when it's all said and done. that's about what i was expecting. but it's not cheap for a couple concerts. and it's a tough sell to people who aren't ten clubbers.

that said, should still be a good time up there.

half of our group isn't in 10 club.

after spending money for the weekend, it will prob be around a grand. that's nowhere near as much as I expected things to be (after concert tix, flight, lodging, transportation). cheaper than I thought it would be is all I'm saying.
    love that zagurski is up. they are going to need another LH in the pen that's not named romero. Give this dude a shot to prove he's the other guy to pair with the bastard. if he's not, then raj has time to find another vet at the deadline
This discussion has been closed.