***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think sending worley down was smart. If they kept him up here he was going to get hurt. Keep him stretched out in AAA so he can start if they need him. Jerking him around from starter to reliever to starter was gonna fuck him up.

Who knows if blanton and oswalt will make it through the season. They are probably gonna need worley at some point. Best to have him starting in the minors and ready to go.

And yes, Kendrick sucks. Can you believe that he started game 2 of the playoffs in 2007? No wonder why they got swept that year.

Also, it would help this team a lot if the 25 million dollar man would get a fucking hit once in a while. At least he only struck out twice last night. Flailing pussy

1st off he should have been the 5th starter and they shouldn't have brought Blanton back when he couldn't throw more than 88 miles per hour. blanton basically admitted before the 1st start back he wasn't healthly yet.

do strikouts cost you two outs or something? you are obsessed with his strikeouts. unless there are men in scoring position (which doesn't really matter because RBIs dont matter anyway right?) strikeouts are no different than any other out. and that 25 million dollar man still has his team in 1st place and on pace for 5 straight division titles.

will you admit you were wrong about michael young? or would rather have milton bradley
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think sending worley down was smart. If they kept him up here he was going to get hurt. Keep him stretched out in AAA so he can start if they need him. Jerking him around from starter to reliever to starter was gonna fuck him up.

Who knows if blanton and oswalt will make it through the season. They are probably gonna need worley at some point. Best to have him starting in the minors and ready to go.

And yes, Kendrick sucks. Can you believe that he started game 2 of the playoffs in 2007? No wonder why they got swept that year.

Also, it would help this team a lot if the 25 million dollar man would get a fucking hit once in a while. At least he only struck out twice last night. Flailing pussy

1st off he should have been the 5th starter and they shouldn't have brought Blanton back when he couldn't throw more than 88 miles per hour. blanton basically admitted before the 1st start back he wasn't healthly yet.

do strikouts cost you two outs or something? you are obsessed with his strikeouts. unless there are men in scoring position (which doesn't really matter because RBIs dont matter anyway right?) strikeouts are no different than any other out. and that 25 million dollar man still has his team in 1st place and on pace for 5 straight division titles.

will you admit you were wrong about michael young? or would rather have milton bradley

you know michael young has 3 years left on his contract right? He's not a guy I want them to go after. They have enough overpaid old guys on the team already
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408
    The Fixer wrote:
    you know michael young has 3 years left on his contract right? He's not a guy I want them to go after. They have enough overpaid old guys on the team already

The way to improve the offense it to make it younger, not older. Agree on this.

The reason I think it was dumb to send down Worley is that they knew they had 2 iffy pitchers in the rotation, so it was pretty likely he was going to start, or at least long-relieve, pretty soon. I don't understand how they couldn't anticipate that. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

thats a cop out. you didn't want him because you thought he wasn't very good and was going downhill.

if chase comes back during the Reds series next week how are you going to handle it? two man-crushes together at the same time for you? you'll be giggling like a schoolgirl won't you? :lol: it all honesty it will be damn good to see Chase back in the lineup though. just for his baserunning alone. that and hopefully a month or two without having to see wilson valdez.
    The Fixer wrote:

The reason I think it was dumb to send down Worley is that they knew they had 2 iffy pitchers in the rotation, so it was pretty likely he was going to start, or at least long-relieve, pretty soon. I don't understand how they couldn't anticipate that. :?

i would agree on getting younger. we need Brown up for that. other than that you aren't getting anyone younger without trading a key element or major prospects though.
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't think he'll be down long. They probably just want him to get back into a routine of starting. I don't think it's a big deal. They only scored one run (again) last night so they would have lost regardless of who pitched.
    I think Valdez or Orr will be playing about one of three games at least, to keep Chase healthy.

So, are Brown & Worley coming back up today??? Would be nice to see Brown in the lineup this weekend. I've got tixx Sat & Sun.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

thats a cop out. you didn't want him because you thought he wasn't very good and was going downhill.

if chase comes back during the Reds series next week how are you going to handle it? two man-crushes together at the same time for you? you'll be giggling like a schoolgirl won't you? :lol: it all honesty it will be damn good to see Chase back in the lineup though. just for his baserunning alone. that and hopefully a month or two without having to see wilson valdez.

Funny that you base young's performance off of 6 good weeks but you make all kinds of excuses for howard after 6 awful weeks. makes a ton of sense.

no idea what you're talking about with the utley stuff. you're all over the place...making no sense as usual
    I think Valdez or Orr will be playing about one of three games at least, to keep Chase healthy.

So, are Brown & Worley coming back up today??? Would be nice to see Brown in the lineup this weekend. I've got tixx Sat & Sun.

you would thnk and hope chase wouldn't be playing every inning of every game until about august but with Charlie i don't see it. my fear is charlie is going to run his ass out there everyday and have him break down by september.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Funny that you base young's performance off of 6 good weeks but you make all kinds of excuses for howard after 6 awful weeks. makes a ton of sense.

no idea what you're talking about with the utley stuff. you're all over the place...making no sense as usual

i have never made an excuse for ryan howard. he is what he is. if you haven't figured out by now that he is going to strike out a ton and look awful at times you haven't been paying attention. sure he is frustrating at times but this is what he does every year and at the end of the season his numbers are good and his team wins. maybe other guys don't look as awful because they don't strike out, but every player goes through up and down periods, every one. just look at Pujols this year. best hitter of our generation and is struggling. it happens. ryan will get back on track and when he does this team will win. just like the last 4 years.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i have never made an excuse for ryan howard. he is what he is. if you haven't figured out by now that he is going to strike out a ton and look awful at times you haven't been paying attention. sure he is frustrating at times but this is what he does every year and at the end of the season his numbers are good and his team wins. maybe other guys don't look as awful because they don't strike out, but every player goes through up and down periods, every one. just look at Pujols this year. best hitter of our generation and is struggling. it happens. ryan will get back on track and when he does this team will win. just like the last 4 years.

yeah, we just have to wait until the nats or mets are back on the schedule. We have a few more weeks of flailing at bouncing breaking balls to get thru.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, we just have to wait until the nats or mets are back on the schedule. We have a few more weeks of flailing at bouncing breaking balls to get thru.

if they get to 95+ and make the playoffs for the 5th straight year does it matter? just win baby
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    these injuries are insane. luckily the bravos and marlins are losing lately too though.

heading down tomorrow night..
    www.myspace.com
    enter the kid:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... -back.html
    Domonic Brown is back A little more than 12 hours after Ruben Amaro Jr. said that Domonic Brown would "probably not" be called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley, the Phillies reversed course and summoned their top prospect to the major league roster, placing Shane Victorino on the 15-day disabled list and welcoming the top young outfielder in the organization, likely for the rest of the season.

The Phillies did not want to call Brown up until they felt both he and they were ready for an outfield that included him as the everyday right fielder. Victorino's hamstring injury may have hastened the process, but the Phillies did not have any other logical options in the minor leagues.

In addition to Brown, righthander David Herndon was called up from Lehigh Valley to bolster the Phillies bullpen, which tossed six innings last night in a 7-1 loss to the Rockies. He will replace Scott Mathieson, who was optioned after throwing 40 pitches last night.

The Phillies are still expected to place righthander Joe Blanton on the disabled list sometime before his next start. At that point, Vance Worley would likely be recalled to replace Herndon.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Dom Brown is back with the big club,Shane to the d.l.
    Go Birds!!!!
    enter the kid:

Domonic Brown is back A little more than 12 hours after Ruben Amaro Jr. said that Domonic Brown would "probably not" be called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley, the Phillies reversed course and summoned their top prospect to the major league roster, placing Shane Victorino on the 15-day disabled list and welcoming the top young outfielder in the organization, likely for the rest of the season.

The Phillies did not want to call Brown up until they felt both he and they were ready for an outfield that included him as the everyday right fielder. Victorino's hamstring injury may have hastened the process, but the Phillies did not have any other logical options in the minor leagues.

In addition to Brown, righthander David Herndon was called up from Lehigh Valley to bolster the Phillies bullpen, which tossed six innings last night in a 7-1 loss to the Rockies. He will replace Scott Mathieson, who was optioned after throwing 40 pitches last night.

The Phillies are still expected to place righthander Joe Blanton on the disabled list sometime before his next start. At that point, Vance Worley would likely be recalled to replace Herndon.

Ibanez/Francisco platoon, Mayberry, Brown.

Where are your seats? You know where I'll be. ;)

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Remember - whatever RAJ says, he will do the opposite.

Where are your seats? You know where I'll be. ;)

125...friends of ours are taking us down as a wedding gift. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    enter the kid:

i would let dom play every day against lefties and righties. see how he does.

put the other guys in left. wouldn't mind seeing mayberry get most of the time out there.

as awful as it's been lately, they're still in first and have the luxury of seeing how these guys do for a while.
    www.myspace.com
    enter the kid:

yuck

facing another lefty tonight. we know what that means...
    Another monster game for Doc. Luckily 2 of the 4 hits went over the fence. 8-)

Looking forward to seeing Lee & Brown tonight. :D

Another monster game for Doc. Luckily 2 of the 4 hits went over the fence. 8-)

Looking forward to seeing Lee & Brown tonight. :D

wonder if we take this series if people will take a step or two away from the ledge :? .... nah :lol:

go phils!
    www.myspace.com
    I just want to see if ryan howard can top ibanez's streak of consecutive ABs without a hit. We're already at one week and counting. how long did ibanez go? and what is the record? howard looks so horrendous I think he has a legit shot. So glad they gave him that monster contract :?

4 hits again. Awful.

Halladay is ridiculous.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    I just want to see if ryan howard can top ibanez's streak of consecutive ABs without a hit. We're already at one week and counting. how long did ibanez go? and what is the record? howard looks so horrendous I think he has a legit shot. So glad they gave him that monster contract :?

4 hits again. Awful.

Halladay is ridiculous.
    Seriously enough about howard please,it's not like u say good things when he's carrying the team for weeks by himself at a time. Tonight should be fun hoping Clifton lights up his old squad tonight. Plus we get to watch Brown so tonight should be a fun game. Go Phils!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    In honor of the phils first baseman and his week long hitless streak, I just made a small bet on king congie to win preakness.

also played mucho macho man and isn't he perfect.
    The Fixer wrote:
    In honor of the phils first baseman and his week long hitless streak, I just made a small bet on king congie to win preakness.

0-3 for u today!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    2 Tickets in Section 106: $64
    4 Craft Beers on Tap: $29
    Dinner for 2 from Bulls BBQ: $21
    Ryan Howard: $125M
    Cliff Lee: $120M

Howard home run and Lee 8 shutout innings: expensive, but still a lot of fun. 8-)

edited May 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

0-3 for u today!!!

true. I know nothing about horse racing. Only lost 50 bucks...no biggie. plus it inspired that monday to finally get a couple of hits.

thanks for rubbing it in. that's real cool.

beer was good tonight. sucks you can't drink
    Post edited by The Fixer on
This discussion has been closed.