***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    2 Tickets in Section 106: $64
    4 Craft Beers on Tap: $29
    Dinner for 2 from Bulls BBQ: $21
    Ryan Howard: $125M
    Cliff Lee: $120M

Howard home run and Lee 8 shutout innings: expensive, but still a lot of fun. 8-)

I just realized that they have a premium beer stand right outside of the section I've been sitting in for three years (moved up from 145 after I got married and switched my season tix so my wife didn't have to sit with my drunken buddies).

I alternate between yards and hopdevil. both are awesome. close game I get lazy and just get miller lites when the dude comes around.

what did you go with?
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Haha I had 2 glasses of wine last night,baby steps. I appreciate the dig though nothing like telln a guy with a bad heart what he's missing.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Haha I had 2 glasses of wine last night,baby steps. I appreciate the dig though nothing like telln a guy with a bad heart what he's missing.

just bustin your balls dude. be careful drinking. if you're well enough I will buy you a drink at PJ20

also...nice to see lee and howard step up tonight. need both of them if this team is gonna reach their goal

utley apparently back on monday
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    boom.

great game tonight. step off the ledge people. first place. looooong season. go phils. that is all. :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    people keep saying first place. that's where this team is expected to be. need them to be good enough to win it all. right now they're far from where they need to be

concern is justified. for a WS favorite this team sure has a lot of question marks. anything but a title is a failure
    despite being decimated by injuries, they should be undefeated! :x

just the best record in the league is bullshit :lol:

come on man. you sound like the same kind of fans you claim to despise...you do that a lot, actually. it's fucking may. we know they'll make a move if they need to come july. jesus christ.
    www.myspace.com

come on man. you sound like the same kind of fans you claim to despise...you do that a lot, actually. it's fucking may. we know they'll make a move if they need to come july. jesus christ.

we'll see dude. their offense and bullpen need a lot of work. I predicted they'd hit a dry spell in may and I was right. Their offense stinks.

Everyone is counting on utley and brown to save them. I don't think that's smart. utley's injury can flare up at any time...it's not going away. and brown is still raw. He's not the answer in RF if they want a WS title this year
    The Fixer wrote:

we'll see dude. their offense and bullpen need a lot of work. I predicted they'd hit a dry spell in may and I was right. Their offense stinks.

Everyone is counting on utley and brown to save them. I don't think that's smart. utley's injury can flare up at any time...it's not going away. and brown is still raw. He's not the answer in RF if they want a WS title this year

yeah i think you said atlanta would be in first place come the end of the month, right? their fans must be on suicide watch after losing their last 3 games. :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    may 22nd and the best record in the nl and people are flipping out.

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah i think you said atlanta would be in first place come the end of the month, right? their fans must be on suicide watch after losing their last 3 games. :lol::lol:

I did say that. Unlike everyone else here (other than johnny)...I don't mind making predictions. They really don't mean much as they are pretty much a crapshoot.

I still do think that atlanta is a better team than the phils when both teams are healthy (which obviously neither team is right now).

like you said...long season. the phils offense and bullpen suck though.

no one here mentioned contreras being shut down in his rehab this week. huge problem if he's out for year

just remember the goal is the WS, not first place

this team isn't that good right now
    contreras will probably be back with the phils in a few days man. didn't see anything about him being shut down.:?
    www.myspace.com
    contreras will probably be back with the phils in a few days man. didn't see anything about him being shut down.:?

well, you need to read more than the genius philly.com articles. he could be out for the season
    The Fixer wrote:

the world series is 5 months away man. :lol: you make is seem like they're in last place. this isn't the nfl. you lose a couple games in a row and you're season isn't over. plenty of time to get healthy, make some moves, and to continue winning games at a .622 clip all the way into october..... :roll: jeez.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the world series is 5 months away man. :lol: you make is seem like they're in last place. this isn't the nfl. you lose a couple games in a row and you're season isn't over. plenty of time to get healthy, make some moves, and to continue winning games at a .622 clip all the way into october..... :roll: jeez.

point is...even healthy this team isn't good enough.

they were a better team last year and we know how that worked out
    they should be undefeated. :x
    www.myspace.com

they would be if they had pedro feliz :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:

no. they would be if milton bradley was starting for them. or if dany's baez was the weapon you thought he could be for them. :lol:

keep going back 3 years. i just gotta go back 3 weeks with you. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

no. they would be if milton bradley was starting for them. or if dany's baez was the weapon you thought he could be for them. :lol:

keep going back 3 years. i just gotta go back 3 weeks with you. :lol:

well, you forgot to submit your preseaon predictions. you just show up to your 3 games a year and wave your towel when the scoreboard tells you to

I never said baez was going to be a weapon. I thought he'd be serviceable. I also thought francisco would be better. oh well, at least I was right about howard being a waste of space.

was just reading some old stuff in this thread. what happened to that solat 13 dude? he is one of the few here that knows his stuff. we need him back
    The Fixer wrote:

well, you forgot to submit your preseaon predictions. you just show up to your 3 games a year and wave your towel.

I never said baez was going to be a weapon. I thought he'd be serviceable. I also thought francisco would be better. oh well, at least I was right about howard being a waste of space.

was just reading some old stuff in this thread. what happened to that solat 13 dude? he is one of the few here that knows his stuff. we need him back

1. 3 games a year? darn it! i just went to my 5th tonight. i've already exceeded fixer's annual allotment for me. what the hell are you talking about? :? :? :?

2. oh yes you did, verbatim:
    The Fixer wrote:
    As I said, I think baez could be a weapon this year. Only a few games, but it's nice to see him throwing well.
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... n#p3574430 ...at least you acknowledged the small sample size....on april 9th :lol:

go do some more shots with your in-laws and take a few steps away from the ledge. you're better than this.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

well, you forgot to submit your preseaon predictions. you just show up to your 3 games a year and wave your towel.

1. 3 games a year? darn it! i just went to my 5th tonight. i've already exceeded fixer's annual allotment for me. what the hell are you talking about? :? :? :?

The Fixer wrote:
    As I said, I think baez could be a weapon this year. Only a few games, but it's nice to see him throwing well.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=89567&p=3574430&hilit=weapon#p3574430 ...at least you acknowledged the small sample size....on april 9th :lol:

go do some more shots with your in-laws and take a few steps away from the ledge. you're better than this.

haha, that's actually pretty funny if I said that. Weapon/serviceable...whatever. I thought he'd be better.

where are your preseason predictions? you were too busy waving your pom poms to post I guess
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    gold jerry...gold
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

The Fixer wrote:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... n#p3574430 ...at least you acknowledged the small sample size....on april 9th :lol:

haha, that's actually pretty funny if I said that. Weapon/serviceable...whatever. I thought he'd be better.

where are your preseason predictions? you were too busy waving your pom poms to post I guess

man dude. your posts are even weirder reading them in the morning. baez as a weapon.... :lol:

and why are so fired up over "preseason predictions?" :? here is what i said:
    95 wins. world fucking champions, yet again. :mrgreen:

i think memorial day is optimistic about utley. i'd bet it's around mid season. they played well without him last year though. with this staff, they should be able to hold the fort down while he's out though.

fransisco is key.
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... start=9330

not bad, i guess. :?

"preseason predictions" :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    gold jerry...gold

where are your yankees "preseason predictions???" :x :x :x :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    leave it to mr. brookover to put it all into perspective for some people. "the sky is not falling"

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... a_bat.html

Inside the Phillies: Amaro has options in getting a bat

POSTED: May 22, 2011
    The general manager still has time to trade for the offensive help the team needs.
    By Bob Brookover

If you are reading this, it's nearing the end of May and not the end of the world, the end of July, or even the beginning of October.

As shortstop Jimmy Rollins noted Thursday after another silent offensive night at the ballpark, the Phillies are still in first place.
    San Diego´s Ryan Ludwick could be a target for Ruben Amaro Jr. The free-agent-to-be is a righthanded hitter with some power.

Cue Chip Diller, actor Kevin Bacon's overly optimistic character during the chaotic parade scene near the end of Animal House:

Remain calm. All is well. All is well!

YouTube it if you've never seen it.

Diller, of course, ended up flattened on the sidewalk, but he recovered to become a born-again Christian missionary in Africa. What a happy ending for him. It remains to be seen if the Phillies' 2011 offense can be born again and go on to win a World Series, as was forecast when general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. cornered the market on starting pitching over the winter.

Offensive help should be on the way soon in the form of second baseman Chase Utley, and now we are about to find out whether Domonic Brown either is or is not worthy of the top-prospect status he gained as he climbed through the minors.

We cannot guarantee that all will end well or that the anemic offense will soon spring to life, but we can assure you that plenty of options will be exhausted to prevent the doomsday scenario in which the Phillies do not win the National League East or are eliminated early from postseason play.

It's possible, even probable, that Amaro will have to make a trade in order to revive an offense that has tracked south since the end of the 2009 season.

The general manager has obviously been well-qualified to make mega-trades for starting pitchers at the trade deadline in his first two seasons as general manager, but this time he will have to switch his focus.

The two big questions: Who will be available who is worth acquiring and who will the Phillies be willing to trade?

Let's address the former issue first.

It's safe to assume that if Amaro goes in search of a bat that he is going to want a righthanded hitter who can play a corner outfield position.

Without question, the most interesting potential 2012 free agent who could be available via trade is San Diego leftfielder Ryan Ludwick. He went into Saturday hitting .241 with seven doubles, eight home runs, and 29 RBIs. The batting average obviously is not that impressive - it was five points higher than Raul Ibanez's - but those power numbers are attractive, especially when you factor in that he plays in the unfriendly-to-hitters confines of Petco Park.

When focusing on another team's player, it always helps when a team is in last place, as the Padres are. San Diego, however, has a solid pitching staff and is more in need of hitters, so it may be reluctant to part with a 32-year-old player who is only three years removed from hitting 37 home runs.

Other interesting potential free-agent outfielders include Carlos Beltran, a switch-hitter who has shown a resurgence with the New York Mets; Oakland leftfielder Conor Jackson, a career .275 hitter with a .358 on-base percentage; San Francisco's Cody Ross, the 2010 postseason hero; and Vladimir Guerrero, a future Hall of Famer who is hitting better than .300 in Baltimore but now is considered a designated hitter.

All of the above players would likely improve the Phillies lineup. The cost in terms of money and players varies with each. Ludwick would likely cost the most in terms of players because he is only 32 years old. Beltran is making $18.5 million and the financially troubled and going-nowhere Mets would gladly dump that salary. The more you pay, the less you have to give up in terms of players.

It's hard to imagine the Giants trading Ross, especially to the Phillies, although they would certainly be willing to let go of Aaron Rowand, who has two years at $12 million per year left on his contract. Rowand's game has been in decline, but a move back to Philadelphia may be just the thing to reinvigorate him.

Help will be available, and the Phillies have more than enough minor-league talent to make a trade. Some of the players opposing clubs will seek are outfielder/first baseman Jonathan Singleton, catcher Sebastian Valle, and pitchers Jon Pettibone, Jarred Cosart, Trevor May, and Brody Colvin, all of whom are at single-A Clearwater.

Phillippe Aumont and J.C. Ramirez, both acquired in the 2009 Cliff Lee trade with Seattle and now pitching well at double-A Reading, have also resurfaced as attractive prospects. Teams are sure to also ask about guys such as Vance Worley, Michael Stutes, and Antonio Bastardo, all of whom are big-league ready.

For now, the sky is not falling, the world is not ending, and there is still a considerable amount of time to draw up a blueprint to acquire offensive help.

www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    You guys are killing the Rangers B team this weekend.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408
    Flagg wrote:
    You guys are killing the Rangers B team this weekend.

Yeah, that's a motley lineup they're sending out there. Only thing is it's our B team too. :o
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408
    The Fixer wrote:
    2 Tickets in Section 106: $64
    4 Craft Beers on Tap: $29
    Dinner for 2 from Bulls BBQ: $21
    Ryan Howard: $125M
    Cliff Lee: $120M

Howard home run and Lee 8 shutout innings: expensive, but still a lot of fun. 8-)

I just realized that they have a premium beer stand right outside of the section I've been sitting in for three years (moved up from 145 after I got married and switched my season tix so my wife didn't have to sit with my drunken buddies).

I alternate between yards and hopdevil. both are awesome. close game I get lazy and just get miller lites when the dude comes around.

what did you go with?

I had a couple Kenzingers because the lady at the Sec 110 beer stand is cool as shit. Unlike some of the hags working in that place.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

just bustin your balls dude. be careful drinking. if you're well enough I will buy you a drink at PJ20

also...nice to see lee and howard step up tonight. need both of them if this team is gonna reach their goal

utley apparently back on monday
    I'm careful trust me and i'll take u up on that offer. U look too much into contracts when judging a players performance. Especially when it's still May,when all's said and done Howard will hit 270 with 40hrs and 120rbi's. And Lee will have 15+ wins and a low 3 or high 2 era. My point is everyone gets nervous and thinks bad thoughts about the squad at some point but u beat them up like the people that give us the name negadelphia. Are the bats good right now no,but the pitching is and when healthy this team won't be stopped.
    Go Birds!!!!
    http://zozone.mlblogs.com/2011/05/22/utley-is-back-2/

boom.

love to see him pinch hit today. place will go nuts.

welcome back 26! :clap::clap:

....and contreras will probably be back tuesday.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.