***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    since the Giants game was rained out and i missed on Timmy...i'm getting the Phillies tickets...Roy better be pitching, if he knows what's good for him....edit, damn it, it's the phillies fourth game after the all star break. damn it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    found out one of my friends who is going has a buddy who lives out in chi-town who is interested in going. so we may have a place to stay. we'd shuttle it i guess....though i agree with fixer about the traffic and bathroom situation.

i think you guys were talking about rv's last week. did anyone actually price them out?

how far away is the rv camp ground/parking lot (i'm not a camper-no idea what i'm talking about) to the theater? I'm wondering if we can just park and stay right where we'd be tailgating for both days... :?

RV's are not bad at all out there. Cruise America if you pick it up in Milwaukee had them for $500 or so for a 4 person one. Not bad at all. Not sure about the situation though, might be some RV parking on site, but I really don't have a clue. I didn't find many campgrounds near by.

is that for one day cliff?

I dont believe so. I think it was for 4 nights actually. I was shocked at the price. I do remember one thing that sucked was that I dont believe you could return the RV that monday since its labor day, but I am not positive. I was a little drunk when I looked it up.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah the one that sleeps 7 is $534 (plus an extra $500 deposit that you get back).

damn. that is waaay less than i expected. 80 bucks or so a head for the whole weekend. this should be much easier than i thought to sell to the troops. :thumbup: .........just hope the rv area is not too far away from the venue though.

is this what you and your crew are doing?
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Hotel booked New berlin Holiday inn.
    Go Birds!!!!
    by the way, no shane, no polanco to go along with no utley tonight....yikes.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    jesus, this is the worst lineup the phils have fielded since the early 2000s.

I hope Lee has his good stuff
    The Fixer wrote:

nothing less than a complete game shutout will be acceptable.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol::lol:

he already gave up a hit. what is he doing.

this lineup is bringing back bad memories. I'm waiting to see glanville in CF and Lieberthal behind the plate.

How did this team turn into the SF Giants???
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol::lol:

he already gave up a hit. what is he doing.

this lineup is bringing back bad memories. I'm waiting to see glanville in CF and Lieberthal behind the plate.

How did this team turn into the SF Giants???

after multiple beers i once prank called scott graham on the phils old pregame show during a rain delay and tried to convince him that glanville was a hall of fame caliber player. my rationale was that he had a lot of range and had a great arm. graham actually believed me until he heard the rest of the people in the car bust out in laughter.

guess that doesn't sound as funny as it did back in 2002. :lol:

anywho...
    www.myspace.com

after multiple beers i once prank called scott graham on the phils old pregame show during a rain delay and tried to convince him that glanville was a hall of fame caliber player. my rationale was that he had a lot of range and had a great arm. graham actually believed me until he heard the rest of the people in the car bust out in laughter.

anywho...

haha.

I always said glanville looked like a mailman.

Told you guys this lineup is awesome
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408
    The Fixer wrote:

anywho...

haha.

I always said glanville looked like a mailman.

Told you guys this lineup is awesome

I aggravated my rib injury for the 971st time reading that story. :lol: Combined with watching my son eat his purple dinosaur here. Ouch. :cry::lol:

I was so pissed that nobody could hit fucking Westbrook last night. Now my rational side is telling me that a lineup with Wilson Valdez hitting 2nd just isn't major league caliber.

Hard to watch Lee get wild and squeezed at the same time, but he still had a half decent game. We'd be thrilled to get that game from Blanton.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I think it's dumb to rush oswalt back tonight. Give him another week, they're not gonna score any runs anyway
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think it's dumb to rush oswalt back tonight. Give him another week, they're not gonna score any runs anyway

It would've been nice to have Worley there to pitch the 2nd half of the game. Yeah, I'm really dreading watching all the weak groundouts & popups tonight.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    The Fixer wrote:

agree why not just keep Worley and let him pitch again. if they end up putting oswalt back on the dl after tonight i'm gonna be pissed. and i think they might when he is out there thowing 88 miles per hour. can't feel good about him going into tonights game. will be interesting to see.

Ryan was awesome last night. 3 walks is dominating the game because OBP is the most important thing :lol::lol:

seriosly was last night the worst lineup put out by the Phils since about 2001. valdez--ibanez had to be the worst 2-3 combo in the majors in a long long time. charlie should have had a seizure writing valdez's name in the 2nd spot. i know i almost did seeing it.
    The Fixer wrote:

It would've been nice to have Worley there to pitch the 2nd half of the game. Yeah, I'm really dreading watching all the weak groundouts & popups tonight.

seriously. I was actually excited for pete orr's ABs last night :o . That's when you know your team is in trouble
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

seriously. I was actually excited for pete orr's ABs last night :o . That's when you know your team is in trouble

haha good point. he is way better than valdez though.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

agree why not just keep Worley and let him pitch again. if they end up putting oswalt back on the dl after tonight i'm gonna be pissed. and i think they might when he is out there thowing 88 miles per hour. can't feel good about him going into tonights game. will be interesting to see.

Ryan was awesome last night. 3 walks is dominating the game because OBP is the most important thing :lol::lol:

seriosly was last night the worst lineup put out by the Phils since about 2001. valdez--ibanez had to be the worst 2-3 combo in the majors in a long long time. charlie should have had a seizure writing valdez's name in the 2nd spot. i know i almost did seeing it.

howard should be walking more with these lineups. I said that the other day.

though tonight with a lefty going for STL there's no need to pitch around him
    One of Howard's walks indirectly became the only run after Mayberry replaced him on the bases. Cards are clearly spooked by him.

One of Howard's walks indirectly became the only run after Mayberry replaced him on the bases. Cards are clearly spooked by him.

good point.
    michael martinez batting 2nd :lol: ...

1. Jimmy Rollins 6
    2. Michael Martinez 8
    3. Placido Polanco 5
    4. Ryan Howard 3
    5. John Mayberry Jr. 7
    6. Ben Francisco 9
    7. Wilson Valdez 4
    8. Dane Sardinha 2
    9. Roy Oswalt 1
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    WAKE THE FUCK UP BATS :evil:
    Go Birds!!!!
    Sarge said Howard needs more runners on base in front of him. :lol: Right before he stared at a fastball right down the middle for strike 3. :roll: These guys are giving bats away against Jaime Garcia - come on.

Pujols DP was nice at least. Can't wait to see who pitches after Little Roy comes out.

what inning is it? I fall asleep every time the phils come to bat.

only thing worse than the phils offense is mccarthy's stupid laugh. god I hate him
    NOW rollins tries to bunt???????

worst possible time. what is he doing?
    The Fixer wrote:
    NOW rollins tries to bunt???????

worst possible time. what is he doing?

One of the worst AB's I've seen all season, and there have been a lot of bad ones. WTF

They should just save everyone time and put an out up every time howard faces a lefty. No need for him to even go to the plate. Brutal.
    Stutes is hurt and Kendrick is coming in. I can't take it anymore.

Call me crazy, but I think Phils need to trade for Beltran. :shock: He can't be any worse than Francisco in RF anyway.

Stutes is hurt and Kendrick is coming in. I can't take it anymore.

Call me crazy, but I think Phils need to trade for Beltran. :shock: He can't be any worse than Francisco in RF anyway.

dude, I've been saying that on here for 2 weeks now.

RF beltran
    CF victorino
    LF bradley :D
    well at least oswalt looks like he's back to his old self. fast ball back to low 90's. that's encouraging.

dane sardinia is garbage. i think he should have made that play on berkman. decent throw by mayberry. ibanez would have short hopped the cutoff man. :lol:

man it would be nice to squeak this one on out. come bats. wakey wakey
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.