***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    the phils had 4 hits yesterday. I guess that's halladay's fault too right?

you're ridiculous bro
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:
    the phils had 4 hits yesterday. I guess that's halladay's fault too right?

you're ridiculous bro

"i need my best again the Marlins and Braves this year. that is all."

in 2 games vs these two teams here are halladay's numbers:

18 innings pitched
    13 hits
    16 strikeouts
    4 walks
    4 earned runs for an era of 2.13

he's just got to be better than that. it's about wins boys.

what a bunch of baloney :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    this is a horrendous way of looking at it. i don't even know where to start.

so now WINs and Losses don't matter? you sound like Fixer. last i checked that is all that matters. it's about Ws boys. we don't pay Roy for ERA.

and 8 innings is not a a complete game to me

sorry...couldn't let this one slide. the game was on the road and they lost without going to extra innings and with the home team leading heading into the 9th. so halladay pitched every inning possible. no other pitchers for the phillies entered the game.

that is a complete game in a loss.

oh. my. god.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    i'm sorry you guys are right. my expectations for the best pitcher in baseball to not walk and give up a home run to a .195 hitter with a one run lead late in the game is too much. i am wrong. i apologize.

i look foward to watching cliff tonight. i hope he can pitch well. ill cheer for cliff to give a good effort tonight so you guys are pleased. if the phils win as well even better, but it doesn't really matter.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,408
    Why are you guys even arguing about this crap? Just let him make his post and be ignored.

Lee better throw a perfect game tonight and hit a grand slam, or else he's terrible. Can't believe he didn't get the W in the last game. He should've made sure Schneider didn't pull his hamstring when he hit what should've been an RBI single. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Why are you guys even arguing about this crap? Just let him make his post and be ignored.

Lee better throw a perfect game tonight and hit a grand slam, or else he's terrible. Can't believe he didn't get the W in the last game. He should've made sure Schneider didn't pull his hamstring when he hit what should've been an RBI single. :lol:

man you guys are seriously like women. you take one thing i say and twist it completely out of proportion. where did i say it was 'terrible?'.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    you guys are fools :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    this isn't good enough. I expect 32 perfect games in 32 games started.

Complete-game loss
    ATLANTA -- Roy Halladay has thrown two complete games in a row only to lose both. In the last five years, that has happened to three pitchers.

Two of them, of course, are currently Phillies.

Rk Strk Start End Games W L CG IP H ER BB SO ERA Tm
    1 Roy Halladay 2008-04-17 2008-04-29 3 0 3 3 25.2 25 10 3 16 3.51 TOR
    2 Roy Halladay 2011-05-10 2011-05-15 2 0 2 2 16.0 13 4 4 16 2.25 PHI
    3 Johan Santana 2010-08-17 2010-08-22 2 0 2 2 16.0 13 6 2 16 3.38 NYM
    4 Roy Oswalt 2006-06-30 2006-07-05 2 0 2 2 17.0 17 4 4 11 2.12 HOU

As I wrote in today's game story, poor run support is something Halladay probably thought he left behind in Toronto. In that three-game stretch during the 2008 season when Halladay threw three straight complete games for the Blue Jays, his team scored four runs while allowing 10.

In this current two-game stretch, Halladay has allowed five runs. The Phillies have scored three times.
    Back to rational conversation:

Lee vs. Jake Westbrook tonight - it would be good to get this one.

Tomorrow: Oswalt off the DL vs. Jaime Garcia - ouch.

(I still haven't seen a link to the article...)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Back to rational conversation:

Lee vs. Jake Westbrook tonight - it would be good to get this one.

Tomorrow: Oswalt off the DL vs. Jaime Garcia - ouch.

(I still haven't seen a link to the article...)

i think was in the notes yesterday so not sure who wrote it. i actually read the sunday paper in paper form. i tried searching philly.com but that site takes forever to load even one page i fn hate it. i'll look it up tonight to see who wrote it and find the link for it.
    Was it this?

Ryan Howard's three-run home run Friday gave him 152 first-inning RBIs since 2006, 16 more than any other player in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. David Wright is next with 136.

That would just prove Fixer saying he has more on base than anybody else.

Fact
    Was it this?

Ryan Howard's three-run home run Friday gave him 152 first-inning RBIs since 2006, 16 more than any other player in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. David Wright is next with 136.

nope. it was about ryan howards numbers vs. albert pujols numbers this year along with the numbers of who is hitting in front and back of each other. pujols numbers are below ryan's this year but the guys hitting in front and back of him are miles apart from the phils numbers.
    pjhawks wrote:
    Was it this?

nope. it was about ryan howards numbers vs. albert pujols numbers this year along with the numbers of who is hitting in front and back of each other. pujols numbers are below ryan's this year but the guys hitting in front and back of him are miles apart from the phils numbers.

funny thing is that pujols has a higher OBP than howard. you would think since howard hits in a worse lineup he would draw more walks.

six weeks of stats don't mean anything anyway.

looks like the fixer is working from home next monday. my job is awesome
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Was it this?

funny thing is that pujols has a higher OBP than howard. you would think since howard hits in a worse lineup he would draw more walks.

six weeks of stats don't mean anything anyway.

looks like the fixer is working from home next monday. my job is awesome

well since RUNS, RBIs and now WINs don't matter can you tell me what I am to look for tonight? just looking for a nice effort and a good time like little league?
    pjhawks wrote:

well since RUNS, RBIs and now WINs don't matter can you tell me what I am to look for tonight? just looking for a nice effort and a good time like little league?

what you should be watching for is a phillies win. It doesn't matter how they score (or these days, IF they score :( ) or what pitcher gets the W

also, you forgot saves. they don't matter either

I'll be hoping for a Lee perfect game so I don't have to read through any of your nonsense posts tomorrow
    I'm generally not a huge fan of some of the sabermetric stats, but even I admit that pitcher wins are an outdated and antiquated stat that means almost nothing anymore. (Maybe they never meant that much to begin with.) Even mainstream media gets this now, as evidenced by last year's AL Cy Young vote.

I mean, was Phil Hughes (18 wins) really better than Felix Hernandez (13 wins) last year? Um, NO.

The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

what you should be watching for is a phillies win. It doesn't matter how they score (or these days, IF they score :( ) or what pitcher gets the W

also, you forgot saves. they don't matter either

I'll be hoping for a Lee perfect game so I don't have to read through any of your nonsense posts tomorrow

just as long as the offense gets a lot of men on base the pitcher has a quality outing - that's all that matters.
    and no one says you have to read or respond to my posts. lord knows i try sometimes to ignore yours but sometimes i can't help myself.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Wow, seems like an eventful morning. Haven't skipped a beat since Friday I take it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Wow, seems like an eventful morning. Haven't skipped a beat since Friday I take it.

Whatever.

Anyone going to this Wisconsin thing? I think my chances are slim & none, but that doesn't mean I won't try. :lol:

Best option is probably Milwaukee or Chicago & use the shuttle bus.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Whatever.

Anyone going to this Wisconsin thing? I think my chances are slim & none, but that doesn't mean I won't try. :lol:

I enjoy it, was right in the middle of it last week.

Going to try and make it. Gotta look into it this week. Want to, wish it was 3 days though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I still find it amusing how contentious this thread is. Just get sick of the same stupid arguments. (although the Halladay thing was new - that was a good one :roll: )

Red Sox & Yanks threads are popsicle sucking festivals. :lol:

Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Whatever.

Going to try and make it. Gotta look into it this week. Want to, wish it was 3 days though.

I'll be trying for tix on monday. hopefully I will finally get to see QOTSA after all ;)

As for the bus...that doesn't sound like fun. The locals have been saying that traffic is a nightmare after shows at Alpine Valley. Those shuttles better have bathrooms. Otherwise there are gonna be a lot of drunks asking the driver to pull over on the trek back to Milwaukee/chicago.

I love chicago, but it seems like you would spend the majority of your trip on a bus to/from the venue. That doesn't sound like a good time to me.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Whatever.

i'm thinking canada is a better idea although see where for toronto the film festival is in town at the same time so hotels might be a problem there. definitely looking into canada over wisconsin.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:
    someone should report pjhawks posts to kat and sea.

i am deeply offended at the astounding amount of idiocy i've just witnessed here.

go buy a Pete Orr jersey and ill vent about the best pitcher in baseball walking and giving up a monster home run to a .195 hitter. guess my expectations are too high.

still crickets on the article yesterday about howard and pujols this year? ...i guess if its not a fangraph or 5th tier blog we don't discuss it here.
    Are u seriously shittn on DOC???? That's nuts and just plain moronic he's HUMAN!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    pjhawks wrote:
    someone should report pjhawks posts to kat and sea.

i am deeply offended at the astounding amount of idiocy i've just witnessed here.

go buy a Pete Orr jersey and ill vent about the best pitcher in baseball walking and giving up a monster home run to a .195 hitter. guess my expectations are too high.

still crickets on the article yesterday about howard and pujols this year? ...i guess if its not a fangraph or 5th tier blog we don't discuss it here.
    Are u seriously shittn on DOC???? That's nuts and just plain moronic he's HUMAN!!!

shitting on him, no. just made a comment that 0-2 against marlins and braves in the past week is not good enough for the best pitcher in baseball and it got blown way the hell out of proportion as things tend to do here.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    He can't be perfect all the time,i'd say that's some serious nitpicking. If your gonna complain about anything from those 2 games it's the bats not the pitching. Will he win 90% of time when he's up after 7,yes. But he is human and blaming him is dead wrong.
    Go Birds!!!!
    found out one of my friends who is going has a buddy who lives out in chi-town who is interested in going. so we may have a place to stay. we'd shuttle it i guess....though i agree with fixer about the traffic and bathroom situation.

i think you guys were talking about rv's last week. did anyone actually price them out?

how far away is the rv camp ground/parking lot (i'm not a camper-no idea what i'm talking about) to the theater? I'm wondering if we can just park and stay right where we'd be tailgating for both days... :?
    www.myspace.com
    found out one of my friends who is going has a buddy who lives out in chi-town who is interested in going. so we may have a place to stay. we'd shuttle it i guess....though i agree with fixer about the traffic and bathroom situation.

i think you guys were talking about rv's last week. did anyone actually price them out?

how far away is the rv camp ground/parking lot (i'm not a camper-no idea what i'm talking about) to the theater? I'm wondering if we can just park and stay right where we'd be tailgating for both days... :?

RV's are not bad at all out there. Cruise America if you pick it up in Milwaukee had them for $500 or so for a 4 person one. Not bad at all. Not sure about the situation though, might be some RV parking on site, but I really don't have a clue. I didn't find many campgrounds near by.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

RV's are not bad at all out there. Cruise America if you pick it up in Milwaukee had them for $500 or so for a 4 person one. Not bad at all. Not sure about the situation though, might be some RV parking on site, but I really don't have a clue. I didn't find many campgrounds near by.

is that for one day cliff?
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.