***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    Pete Orr is having a great April. Nice comeback to get some free baseball!

J-Roll popup - never woulda thunk it.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    the phils offense blows. this team is gonna struggle to win 90 without utley
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    There in the top 10 in runs scored and have the best avg for a team in baseball. This team isn't struggling without Utley at all.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    The Fixer wrote:

:roll:
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    JV130312 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

good argument
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Not looking too good tonight boys...
    The Fixer wrote:
    JV130312 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

good argument
    You passed on the good argument u like to do that ;)
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    There in the top 10 in runs scored and have the best avg for a team in baseball. This team isn't struggling without Utley at all.

top 10 in runs scored after 2 weeks. WOWWWWW.

they beat houston, NYM, florida, atlanta, and dc. so they've faced one good staff. and they only saw one of the braves 3 best starters (hudson).

this team has numerous holes. their rotation is insane. the rest of the team is average

if they only had zach duke. is he still in the majors?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they beat houston, NYM, florida, atlanta, and dc. so they've faced one good staff. and they only saw one of the braves 3 best starters (hudson).

this team has numerous holes. their rotation is insane. the rest of the team is average
    You can only beat who u play,there doing what they have to. Considering how everyone bailed on this Off once Utley got hurt there doing better then anyone could have imagined. There glaring hole is the shitty bullpen Herndon,Romero,Baez blow.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Got hurt in preseason gonna miss half the year i think. You had more wrong statements then anyone including pjhawks so nice try.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

You can only beat who u play,there doing what they have to. Considering how everyone bailed on this Off once Utley got hurt there doing better then anyone could have imagined. There glaring hole is the shitty bullpen Herndon,Romero,Baez blow.

well, we'll see if they 'blow thru the NL' as you stated. I don't think so. I hope you're right, but that never happens.

keep looking at april stats. they are so meaningful.

you need to watch more baseball dude
    The Fixer wrote:

Got hurt in preseason gonna miss half the year i think. You had more wrong statements then anyone including pjhawks so nice try.

wrong statements such as...

come on dude...I'm all for debating this shit, but you gotta bring examples.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    popcorn.gif guiness.gif
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    popcorn.gif guiness.gif

I'm going to bed. I don't have the energy to teach.

Watched all three philly teams at a bar in minneapolis tonight. This place actually isn't that bad.
    The Fixer wrote:

Watched all three philly teams at a bar in minneapolis tonight. This place actually isn't that bad.
    any cute minny girls at the bar? :P

metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

any cute minny girls at the bar? :P

actually 2 of the waitresses weren't bad. Better than what I was expecting. Bar was dead
    The Fixer wrote:

actually 2 of the waitresses weren't bad. Better than what I was expecting. Bar was dead
    cute waitresses aren't bad at all haha. i'm a bad overtipper when i get a cute girl as a bartender. gotten a few phone numbers outta the deal haha.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    I'll take the blame on this one since I was there :lol: :roll: 4-15, Phills record at Citizens Bank Park when I go. Positive notes: I had 5 hot dogs only paid for 4 and found parking for $10. Blanton didn't pitch too bad I thought.

kendrick blows! :evil:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    edited April 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

if Halladay, Lee and Hamels stay healthly all year there is absolutely no chance this team isn't winning 90 games. that's just a ridiculous statement. do you see the slop other teams send out there on a nightly basis?
    as a betting man do realize the Phils have been underdogs in exactly 1 game so far this season? and the offense struggled mightily at times last year even with utley in the lineup. long term with this starting pitching they are locks to win 3 out of every 5 (if healthly) which would get you to 97 wins. don't overreact to small series of games.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    this is baseball guys. don't overreact on a game by game basis.

missing utley's not the problem right now. his replacement is on base more often than anyone except polanco and is playing solid defense. we'll obviously need him back sooner than later, but that's not the issue right now. the production we've gotten out of our corner outfield positions have hurt us more than not having utley around.

these posts from last night remind of the posts during and after that astros series last year. :lol:

doc's on the mound tonight. all is well boys. happy halladays to us all! :mrgreen:

and eriedave--how anyone can have such a bad record over the last 7 years at cbp is beyond me. just stay away :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Bad bounce on what s/ve been Polanco's RBI single and they lost in extra innings when Brewers finally got to the slop of the bullpen. It happens - long season, one unlucky game. No big deal. Everybody take it easy here...

At least Blanton had a strong start, right?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Bad bounce on what s/ve been Polanco's RBI single and they lost in extra innings when Brewers finally got to the slop of the bullpen. It happens - long season, one unlucky game. No big deal. Everybody take it easy here...

At least Blanton had a strong start, right?

that's the most encouraging thing to come out of last night. i was waiting for that blowup 5th or 6th inning :lol:
    luckily it never showed up.

obviously the offense won't be as good as it has been. but 3 or 4 runs will get it done most nights. we'll be fine.
    www.myspace.com
    looks like mayberry's starting in right tonight...might play for ibanez tomorrow too...
    www.myspace.com
    Ugh. Not our night fellas.

Cliff Lee tomorrow - things could be worse.

• dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Ugh. Not our night fellas.

Cliff Lee tomorrow - things could be worse.

ha, nice outlook :)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    yikes... halladay took a holiday tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

THAT'S A PLAY ON WORDS!
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

THAT'S A PLAY ON WORDS!

yea we had a slipup also
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
This discussion has been closed.