***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Well werth did choose the $$$, while another player came to town on a discount. Not saying I would boo him, but he had the chance to remain a phil
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    RIP Harry The K

You are truly missed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTVijQF ... re=related
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    booomm11 wrote:
    Well werth did choose the $$$, while another player came to town on a discount. Not saying I would boo him, but he had the chance to remain a phil

Ahh, just a little difference on the size of the discount though.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    The Fixer wrote:
    carter and vick never won philly a title. I will never boo blanton, hamels, or howard. Or werth.

Agree with your assessment of blanton. He is what he is. He's definitely not as bad as everyone in philly is making him out to be.

Now get back to telling us how howard is better than votto. or comparing him to babe ruth

only comment ever made about babe ruth was that Howard reached 200 home runs faster than anyone in the history of the game including babe ruth. thats a FACT but continue to twist little segments of what people say into something it's not. you are really good at that.

and you won't boo howard but you will continually put him down everyday the sun comes up on here - don't get it.

votto has had one great season, when he does it for 4 or 5 like ryan has then you can talk. the baseball world is littered with one and two-year wonders. not to say votto isn't going to be great for 5-10 years, looks like he probably will be, but that is still to be determined.

and do you want to go back and tell us how we are better off with ross gload at 1st?

we could go on and on with this if you like.....
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Booing Werth right from the jump is fucking idiotic. When the man comes back to Philly, you cheer him his first AB back and then boo the man. Dude was offered an insane contract, how could he not pass it up?
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    carter and vick never won philly a title. I will never boo blanton, hamels, or howard. Or werth.

Agree with your assessment of blanton. He is what he is. He's definitely not as bad as everyone in philly is making him out to be.

Now get back to telling us how howard is better than votto. or comparing him to babe ruth

only comment ever made about babe ruth was that Howard reached 200 home runs faster than anyone in the history of the game including babe ruth. thats a FACT but continue to twist little segments of what people say into something it's not. you are really good at that.

And at the same time, you twist statistics. Howard only reached 200 home runs faster because Ruth was fucking pitcher for his first few seasons in the league.
    Booing Werth right from the jump is fucking idiotic. When the man comes back to Philly, you cheer him his first AB back and then boo the man. Dude was offered an insane contract, how could he not pass it up?

Word

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    im putting 20 x on lannan tonight..great price
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Pleas, don't ever put Ruth and Howard in the same group. Ruth is the greatest player to ever play the game.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

as long as your money is not on the phils, i love it.
    www.myspace.com

as i mentioned..i always bet my summer home peep

and like i said he is obviously a monster price

i know iam probably gonna lose this bet..but if he can somehow keep it close...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

you mean difference between Werth's Phils vs Nats contract, and Lee's Phils vs Yanks??
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

And at the same time, you twist statistics. Howard only reached 200 home runs faster because Ruth was fucking pitcher for his first few seasons in the league.

geez...i wonder if people gave ralph kiner shit for that too for the last 50 years or so.... :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    booomm11 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

you mean difference between Werth's Phils vs Nats contract, and Lee's Phils vs Yanks??

Yeah, exactly. Werth was offered $45 by the Phils and got $126 mil from the Nationals. Thats over $80 mil left on the table. When all is said and done with Lee he will probably be leaving around $10-$15 mil on the table.
    Isn't there always debate about the Babe not playing against the Negro league players also ?

The competition wasn't as good as it could have been because the league didn't allow ALL players to play

don't care about the reason, i just love your money on the nats dude! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

don't care about the reason, i just love your money on the nats dude! :mrgreen:

maybe ill switch to roy to give my boy a chance :lol:
    Isn't there always debate about the Babe not playing against the Negro league players also ?

The competition wasn't as good as it could have been because the league didn't allow ALL players to play

As I always say, let the steroid users in the hall because every era had its issues.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

isn't he the dbag that broke utley's hand a few years back?

Prices on the phils are insane this year. If I wasn't a phils fan I'd be betting against them too. Especially on the road

Neily, I think I'm putting a small bet on the boys in blue to win their series
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, exactly. Werth was offered $45 by the Phils and got $126 mil from the Nationals. Thats over $80 mil left on the table. When all is said and done with Lee he will probably be leaving around $10-$15 mil on the table.

Anyone that is mad that werth left for the money needs to get a clue
    geez...i wonder if people gave ralph kiner shit for that too for the last 50 years or so.... :roll: :lol:

what do you mean? kiner hit so many HRs. that means he was an awesome player!
    The Fixer wrote:

...are you trying to say ralph kiner wasn't a great player? :?

dude did a whole lot more than hit home runs. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

But he never had more than 127 RBIs. HE SUCKS!
    The Fixer wrote:

That was sarcasm. I'm not taking the bait and getting into a ralph kiner debate.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    [/quote]

And at the same time, you twist statistics. Howard only reached 200 home runs faster because Ruth was fucking pitcher for his first few seasons in the league.[/quote]

How is that twisting a stat? A fact is a fact but it's not good enough cause he's not a great 1st basemen who took a shit load of money that he was offered. Hitting bombs and driving in RBI's isn't easy and yet overlooked by many here. Howard was probably one of the 3 biggest reasons we won the 08 world series,yet he gets killed for his throwing. Blanton is a real good #5 pitcher who does get killed unfairly,yet he gets the benefit of doubt because he dosen't make 25 mill a year. That to me shows just why great athletes couldn't wait to leave in the past. To kill a player who is on a record pace at the BIGGEST RECORD in sports is NUTS!! Obviously he won't come close because of age but man the negativity is just plain rude. If he hits 50 bombs and makes 10 throwing errors certain people will only bring up the latter and that shows why Philly fans sometimes are just plain clueless.
    Go Birds!!!!
    How is that not twisting a stat? It's the same thing as me saying, well Ruth had a lower ERA over his first 4 seasons than Howard so he is clearly better. You can't even think about comparing Howard to Ruth over their first 4 seasons because they played completely different positions. Saying Howard has more home runs over his first 4 seasons or whatever, is fucking pointless.
    this thread is comic gold

i would love to get all these goof balls in a room together
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That was sarcasm. I'm not taking the bait and getting into a ralph kiner debate.

huh? there's no bait. he was one who held the fastest to 200 hr thing that howard broke.
    www.myspace.com
    this thread is comic gold

i would love to get all these goof balls in a room together

The Ryan Howard debate is worth my ten club membership alone.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    How is that not twisting a stat? It's the same thing as me saying, well Ruth had a lower ERA over his first 4 seasons than Howard so he is clearly better. You can't even think about comparing Howard to Ruth over their first 4 seasons because they played completely different positions. Saying Howard has more home runs over his first 4 seasons or whatever, is fucking pointless.

this made me laugh.

also, for the 2 billionth time...no one is saying they don't like howard, just saying he's comically overrated in philly
This discussion has been closed.