***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Yeah, Lee couldn't get his offspeed and breaking stuff over. Nothing else left but 3-1 seams down the middle of the plate.

Atlanta had a solid game plan. they took advantage of his high strike ratio by jumping on first pitch fastballs. They knew he doesn't walk guys so they went up hacking. He needs to adjust that, and I'm sure he will.

Phils have the pitching advantage in the next 2 games, so hopefully they can still win the series
    The Fixer wrote:

162 game season boys. can't win 'em all.

I just hope the moron fans stay consistent and boo lee at his next home start

if they were consistent they would have booed blanton.

why do you care about stupid stuff like that man?

We've been thru this. I think the philly fans are obnoxious and stupid. I think hamels getting booed in a start during the first week of the season was atrocious, but not surprising
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    All I know is I'm glad I'm not the only one not doing anything on a Friday night.
    All I know is I'm glad I'm not the only one not doing anything on a Friday night.

haha. Few of my buddies were going out in conshy. I chose to sit on the couch and watch baseball and the flyers with the wife and dog. Big night out on the town tomorrow night.
    This is random, but did any of you guys watch Lost? I've been watching it on Netflix and I think the show is horrible. Just started season 2 and I'm ready to throw in the towel.
    HATE Lost. I don't get how people I respect love that show.
    Fixer, if you're on Netflix, smoke some pot, then watch Bill Burr's comedy special, followed by Whitney Cummings' one.
    HATE Lost. I don't get how people I respect love that show.

It's really bad. I feel like I'm missing something.
    Fixer, if you're on Netflix, smoke some pot, then watch Bill Burr's comedy special, followed by Whitney Cummings' one.

I'll have to check them out.

Did you see the trump roast? I didn't think it was that good...except for this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCqIicNSY0
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    That dude was good on the roast. Trump is a fucking dork though, I hate him.

Lost is dumb. I dont watch many network shows like that though. Not for me.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    That dude was good on the roast. Trump is a fucking dork though, I hate him.

Lost is dumb. I dont watch many network shows like that though. Not for me.

I generally don't watch many shows either. Always Sunny, Seinfeld, Office (though I haven't seen a new episode in who knows how long), and HBO shit. That's about it.

You're right, I should have known that Lost sucked.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:
    This is random, but did any of you guys watch Lost? I've been watching it on Netflix and I think the show is horrible. Just started season 2 and I'm ready to throw in the towel.

got the first season dvd for christmas about 5 years ago. i've watched 1 episode in 5 years.

so, no.
    www.myspace.com
    The shows you mentioned are about the only ones I watch, plus parks and rec, that shit is hilarious.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The shows you mentioned are about the only ones I watch, plus parks and rec, that shit is hilarious.
    parks-recreation-ron-tammy.jpg
    www.myspace.com
    Ron Swanson is my hero
    Gotta love chooch
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    Nice piling on here. Gotta love the pinch grand slam. :D

Like the way Oswalt's looking, especially considering the abbreviated spring training.

Howard had a nice oppo-field RBI double. But he tripped around 1B, right Fixer? ;):lol:

Not sure if we can judge the bullpen on this game - the Braves have quit.

But the offense is looking good - keep pounding away and then comes the onslaught. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Nice piling on here. Gotta love the pinch grand slam. :D

Like the way Oswalt's looking, especially considering the abbreviated spring training.

Howard had a nice oppo-field RBI double. But he tripped around 1B, right Fixer? ;):lol:

Not sure if we can judge the bullpen on this game - the Braves have quit.

But the offense is looking good - keep pounding away and then comes the onslaught. 8-)

nice win.

oswalt didn't have his best stuff today. he let up a ton of two strike hits. seemed like he didn't have the extra zip on his fastball to put hitters away. hopefully that's just early season rust (good point about the abbreviated ST johnny).

As I said, I think baez could be a weapon this year. Only a few games, but it's nice to see him throwing well.

Hopefully Hamels can bounce back tomorrow
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ALL is well sat night in philles world...

the jeagler doesn't have to go in the hockey threads and make fun of the rules because his team lost a game in april :lol::lol:

dude chill.... its sports
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    ALL is well sat night in philles world...

the jeagler doesn't have to go in the hockey threads and make fun of the rules because his team lost a game in april :lol::lol:

dude chill.... its sports

well it's the worst rule ever, with the dh being a close 2nd. ;)

we take our sports seriously in these parts...in case you have not noticed yet.
    www.myspace.com
    wheels and mccarthy just read a quote from cole hamels about the booing. he gets it.

best part was when he admitted to booing adam eaton when he pitched for the padres as a kid. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    further proof that this happens everywhere, yet only gets serious coverage when it's in philly:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/04/pi ... night.html
    www.myspace.com
    further proof that this happens everywhere, yet only gets serious coverage when it's in philly:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/04/pi ... night.html

posted this earlier in the MLB thread. that video is proof that cops everywhere are ass holes
    cole's mowing them down so far.....be nice to see us score some runs for him
    www.myspace.com
    victorino you are WHITE HOT...
    www.myspace.com

ask and you shall receive. the juggler is also white hot. you should ask for a winning lottery ticket

hamels is awesome
    The Fixer wrote:

ask and you shall receive. the juggler is also white hot. you should ask for a winning lottery ticket

hamels is awesome

i'm about ready to crack open a beer and do some yard work while listening to the rest of the game on radio.

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY! :clap:
    www.myspace.com
    hamels pitched his ass off today.

a few more runs here would be nice
    so after 9 games, 8 of our starters are hitting over .300.

not too shabby.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.