***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Not to jinx this, but I think I can go running now...

you would think so, but these mets/phils games always seem to be unpredictable
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    The Fixer wrote:
    johnny, I'm in philly tonight thru sunday. let me know if you want to grab beers

Cool. Maybe Saturday? Ever go to Westgate Pub?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    johnny, I'm in philly tonight thru sunday. let me know if you want to grab beers

Cool. Maybe Saturday? Ever go to Westgate Pub?

That's actually the only day that doesn't work. We are having dinner with a few other couples at Supper downtown

I have never been to Westgate. Any good? I'm sure I'll love it since I'm transitioning to MD

Man, they need to save some runs for the weekend
    The Fixer wrote:
    That's actually the only day that doesn't work. We are having dinner with a few other couples at Supper downtown

I have never been to Westgate. Any good? I'm sure I'll love it since I'm transitioning to MD

We are going to TV on the Radio tomorrow night. Maybe I can hang out tonight after dinner...

Westgate's alright - probably my best walking distance option. Some good beers in bottles last time I was there. (BMC on tap pretty much) Kind of old school.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:
    francisco has been making solid contact. every ball he hits seems to be hit hard

EDIT: valdez is the opposite...haha

does he have 3 seeing eye singles or something today?

this team is AWESOME.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Not to jinx this, but I think I can go running now...

you would think so, but these mets/phils games always seem to be unpredictable

blanton pitched yesterday. we're cool. ;):lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    francisco has been making solid contact. every ball he hits seems to be hit hard

this team is AWESOME.

He just hit a double to RC that somehow hit the warning track :D . double he slapped down the RF line. pretty sure his single was to right too.

Great start to the year, but the mets and stros aren't exactly world beaters. This weekend should be a good series
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

this team is AWESOME.

He just hit a double to RC that somehow hit the warning track :D . double he slapped down the RF line. pretty sure his single was to right too.

Great start to the year, but the mets and stros aren't exactly world beaters. This weekend should be a good series

the shit talking with my braves fan buddy has already begun. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

We are going to TV on the Radio tomorrow night. Maybe I can hang out tonight after dinner...

Westgate's alright - probably my best walking distance option. Some good beers in bottles last time I was there. (BMC on tap pretty much) Kind of old school.

I'll be around. JP, you should supplement your run by coming out for a few

That guy Kimbrel looks like he could cause problems. he throws petro

OK chuckles, get halladay out of there. 115 pitches is enough for the first week of april with an 8 run lead
    The Fixer wrote:

That guy Kimbrel looks like he could cause problems. he throws petro

OK chuckles, get halladay out of there. 115 pitches is enough for the first week of april with an 8 run lead

era: .69
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

Ok, if Westgate sounds good I should be good to go around 8:30-9. I'll text you.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Ha. Nice. Just got back in. I'm beat, dude, and it'd be a 40 mile trip. Though I may be in the area Saturday night. A buddy of mine works at the Oakmont and he owes me my college tourney money, so I may hit it up then.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    Great win. :D Only game they lost so far was the one i was at, coincidence?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    So nice to see the Phil's bats moving and a final score of 11-0. Even nicer that it was against the Mets :lol:

I'm not about to bring up the Great RH Debate. Let's just enjoy how hot his start is while it lasts. :D
    So nice to see the Phil's bats moving and a final score of 11-0. Even nicer that it was against the Mets :lol:

I'm not about to bring up the Great RH Debate. Let's just enjoy how hot his start is while it lasts. :D

ladies and gentlemen, the voice of reason. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

ladies and gentlemen, the voice of reason. :thumbup:

Always takes a woman to be level headed

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Mainly because men are only thinking with their bats and balls :crazy:
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    :D:o :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!

Where have you been all my life...

you guys see this? that douche who sued his basketball coach and got him fired a couple months ago was arrested for stealing beers at the phils game this week

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/04/no ... ntion.html

what a dope
    www.myspace.com
    you guys see this? that douche who sued his basketball coach and got him fired a couple months ago was arrested for stealing beers at the phils game this week

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/04/no ... ntion.html

what a dope

What an ass

"stay out of my life" is that what he said ?

:roll:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... gaged.html

Ryan Howard, Eagles Cheerleader engaged

CampbellHoward.JPG

Phillies slugger Ryan Howard and Eagles Cheerleader Krystle Campbell, his girlfriend of nearly two years, are now engaged, according to Bucks County Courier-Times Phillies writer Randy Miller.

Miller posted on his blog this afternoon that he had congratulated Howard on the engagement to Campbell, who works as a suburban elementary school teacher, and that the Big Piece told him he was planning for a small wedding.

Miller, who also wrote "Harry the K: The Remarkable Life of Harry Kalas," says the couple are planning to wed next year.

Emails to representatives for the Phillies and Eagles seeking additional details were not immediately returned this evening.

The Fightins blog, which no longer publishes, identified Campbell as Howard's mystery Super Bowl date in February 2010, and we reported days later that Campbell and Howard began dating the previous summer, shortly after she and Flyers center Jeff Carter had broken up after going out for several months.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillygossip/Ryan-Howard-Eagles-Cheerleader-engaged.html

CampbellHoward.JPG

Phillies slugger Ryan Howard and Eagles Cheerleader Krystle Campbell, his girlfriend of nearly two years, are now engaged, according to Bucks County Courier-Times Phillies writer Randy Miller.

Miller posted on his blog this afternoon that he had congratulated Howard on the engagement to Campbell, who works as a suburban elementary school teacher, and that the Big Piece told him he was planning for a small wedding.

Miller, who also wrote "Harry the K: The Remarkable Life of Harry Kalas," says the couple are planning to wed next year.

Emails to representatives for the Phillies and Eagles seeking additional details were not immediately returned this evening.

The Fightins blog, which no longer publishes, identified Campbell as Howard's mystery Super Bowl date in February 2010, and we reported days later that Campbell and Howard began dating the previous summer, shortly after she and Flyers center Jeff Carter had broken up after going out for several months.

hopefully she's right handed or he won't be able to hit it.

thank you, thank you...I'll be here all weekend. try the chicken, it's fantastic

droptheleash is right on the money...we are idiots and we all think alike

EDIT: just read the entire thing. howard is getting frosty's sloppy seconds. that's funny
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    The Fixer wrote:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillygossip/Ryan-Howard-Eagles-Cheerleader-engaged.html

CampbellHoward.JPG

thank you, thank you...I'll be here all weekend. try the chicken, it's fantastic

EDIT: just read the entire thing. howard is getting frosty's sloppy seconds. that's funny

having been here much this week and notice some things never change.

i guess with Ross Gload at 1st we'd be 6-0. and we haven't exactly missed mr. spectacular defense hurt too much dog lover yet now have we? (sarcasm boys don't get all in a huff) :D

and i feel a bit crazy but was at the blanton debacle the other night and when contreras came in i thought to myself 'you know with lidge and a 3-run read i'd be nervous now, but with contreras i'm not' - i thought that was kind of interesting as i caught myself with that thought.

Fixer did you notice Halladay was -280 yesterday - ever seen a baseball spread bigger than that? crazy. thought they might be underdogs tonight but still a slight favorite. i would think maybe sunday could be the 1st and last underdog situation for the phils for a while?

anywho lets kick the braves ass this weekend and break their spirit a little bit. lucky for them they miss halladay and just have to face Lee-Oswalt-Hamels :D:D:D
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol:

Kind of how Washington get's Philly's sloppy seconds...

The Fixer wrote:

hahaha, she sure is easy on the eyes, can you imagine the kids in her elementary class?! Wouldn't she also be the perfect definition of a "jersey chaser" though? From Flyers to Phils, at least she's not a fraud. :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:

hahaha, she sure is easy on the eyes, can you imagine the kids in her elementary class?! Wouldn't she also be the perfect definition of a "jersey chaser" though? From Flyers to Phils, at least she's not a fraud. :lol:

Nice...

Wow, she's a teacher! Can you imagine? :shock:

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,440
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice...

Wow, she's a teacher! Can you imagine? :shock:

a) how come my teachers never looked like that?
    b) Fixer must really hate this girl, 1st with Jeff Carter then Ryan Howard - his two favorites
    c) way hotter than Jen Utley but still not as hot as Scott Hartnell's wife
    I love Jen for all her work with animals. She's got a good heart, and sometimes she even convinces Chase to be on the cover of Philadelphia magazine with a kitten on his shoulder. What could be hotter than that!?
This discussion has been closed.