***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:
    Dude you were right next to me, as you can see in my location. That was really a miserable night. My wife stayed home with the little guy, so nobody was there to rationally say, "why don't we leave this game early?" :lol: Damn crazy comebacks make you stay to the end of the shittiest games. ;)

R6 launched a foul ball over the 700 level, then sucked ass the rest of the game. I was calling the Mets pitcher Cy Young. Don't you hate when the other team's pitcher gets two hits in an inning? But at least the t-shirt was sweet.

I hope you guys that were there last night were smart enough to tell the fans booing hamels to fuck themselves. that was a pathetic display.

I wouldn't sign here if I was him. He gets absolutely no respect. It's sad

He wasn't getting booed that bad. Besides, I think he's enough of a pro by now to not let things like that bother him. And though he was World Series MVP, it's not he's above being booed by the home crowd like say Derek Jeter is.

the greatest 3rd baseman of all time got booed here for 2 decades. who cares?

rightly or wrongly that shit comes with the territory in philly. cole knows that.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

rightly or wrongly that shit comes with the territory in philly. cole knows that.

further proof that. eh, never mind, we've been through this.

this town loved chris coste (who couldn't play a lick) and hates cole hamels (who won them a title). I don't get it. Absurd
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:

this town loved chris coste (who couldn't play a lick) and hates cole hamels (who won them a title). I don't get it. Absurd

come on man. you're what, 32, 33? how are you not used to stuff like that by now?

these are the same people that wanted aj feeley to start over donovan.....in 2003! :lol:

dopes
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    This makes more sense.
    The Fixer wrote:

come on man. you're what, 32, 33? how are you not used to stuff like that by now?

these are the same people that wanted aj feeley to start over donovan.....in 2003! :lol:

dopes

ugh, that might have been worse than hamels getting booed.

hamels should be unbooable after 2008.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i hate to interject bout the booing but if jeter can get booed, anyone can get booed. ffs even mantle got booed.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

so much for the easy win

gotta be kidding me
    I think bastardo is garbage. He throws hard for a lefty, but his secondary pitches suck ass
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    Well at least that wasn't the worst game i've been too. :roll:

Definitely frustrating especially that 3rd inning. Did have our opportunities after though. Had decent seats (section 107) and got a t-shirt :D:lol:

I have to figure out what my record is seeing them at Citizens Bank Park (I know it ain't good). When I would see them at the Vet they usually won. I think they were like 25-14 or something like that when I saw them there. I used to keep track of that stuff.

Oh yeah the HD scoreboard is pretty sweet.

Dude you were right next to me, as you can see in my location. That was really a miserable night. My wife stayed home with the little guy, so nobody was there to rationally say, "why don't we leave this game early?" :lol: Damn crazy comebacks make you stay to the end of the shittiest games. ;)

R6 launched a foul ball over the 700 level, then sucked ass the rest of the game. I was calling the Mets pitcher Cy Young. Don't you hate when the other team's pitcher gets two hits in an inning? But at least the t-shirt was sweet.

LOL nice, yeah that ball that Howard hot in his first AB went pretty much right over us (was waiting for the rebound). I could have sworn Ben Francisco Had at least one HR in his last at bat, damn wind!

I didn't boo Cole. I was too disappointed to boo, but it was pretty loud

Did some research. My record at Citizens Bank Park is 4-14 :lol: :oops:
    Compare that to 24-13 at the Vet :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think bastardo is garbage. He throws hard for a lefty, but his secondary pitches suck ass
    be thankful reyes choked as usual :evil: :lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

The Fixer wrote:

Nah, dude, he's got potential, just need to keep it in the strike zone and not be wild. As he's doing so far tonight. If he can control that fastball, then he'll be able to work in his slider to lefties and change to righties. I'm just afraid he'll become injury prone.
    ....should have 4 homers so far...
    The Fixer wrote:

Nah, dude, he's got potential, just need to keep it in the strike zone and not be wild. As he's doing so far tonight. If he can control that fastball, then he'll be able to work in his slider to lefties and change to righties. I'm just afraid he'll become injury prone.

He's already injury prone. I just think dudes will start sitting on his fastball because his slider stinks
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Is there some sort of clause in his contract that says Shane HAS to swing at the first pitch? He is frustrating.
    Is there some sort of clause in his contract that says Shane HAS to swing at the first pitch? He is frustrating.

He's just taking over for Rollins and what he usually does in the leadoff spot.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,411
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

He's already injury prone. I just think dudes will start sitting on his fastball because his slider stinks

I don't know dude - he looks like he can be a top-shelf LOOGY to me.

Dog looked great in the 8th too. I love him in the 8th - he's lock down.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

:lol:

Howard 4-4 with a walk. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Lookin' good. :thumbup:
    Let's see ol' Naugahyde in the closing role....I think he'll be more than competent.
    It's so nice to see Howard's bat making moves. Francisco has been on fire, too. Not sure how long it's going to last, but I'll take it. Also nice to see Chooch making an appearance :D

yeah, he's done well this week. 5 more months of play like this and we can start to forget about the '09 WS and '10 playoffs
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't know dude - he looks like he can be a top-shelf LOOGY to me.

Dog looked great in the 8th too. I love him in the 8th - he's lock down.

When I think of LOOGYs I think of guys that come in and throw mostly junk to get lefties out. bastardo has one pitch and it's a fastball.

I hope he proves me wrong. I predict that RAJ is looking for a LH reliever to trade for at the deadline.
    It's so nice to see Howard's bat making moves. Francisco has been on fire, too. Not sure how long it's going to last, but I'll take it. Also nice to see Chooch making an appearance :D

Francisco is legit. That dude can hit
    The Fixer wrote:

Starting left fielder next year.
    Ugly game, but at least they got it done.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I predict big things for Ben. He had 2 almost home runs last night and connected on a monster shot tonight. And who would have guessed Howard would start out this hot? He typically has shit Aprils.
    The Fixer wrote:

Starting left fielder next year.

This Howard kid's gonna be good. ;) (of course we know there are many slumps to come as well)

Agree with both of you. Francisco's a good player who was criminally underutilized last year. I'd expect 25 HR's out of him, which would be huge.

You know Kris, I think you're right - Bastardo looks like more of a setup guy than a LOOGY. But I think he's got good bullpen stuff.

Ugly game, but at least they got it done.

Nice gutsy win. Those Blanton starts are the most interesting games...

Glad Akers kicked the game-winning FG. :?

Agree with both of you. Francisco's a good player who was criminally underutilized last year. I'd expect 25 HR's out of him, which would be huge.

You know Kris, I think you're right - Bastardo looks like more of a setup guy than a LOOGY. But I think he's got good bullpen stuff.

I said 70 RBI for francisco this year (don't think anyone else made those predictions we were supposed to do). That might be light.

We;ll see about bastardo. I'm not a fan

Always nice to know halladay is pitching the rubber game.

JP, hopefully they wont have to move utley to LF.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I said 70 RBI for francisco this year (don't think anyone else made those predictions we were supposed to do). That might be light.

Yeah, I never got around to it. Ok, these predictions are borderline intoxicated:

I predict one bunt-single for Jimmy Rollins, on April 5. Cole Hamels gives up 2 hits to the pitcher in one inning. :lol:

One no-hitter. :D

4 aces win 58 games. Not that W's mean anything, right?

Doc & Lee split East Coast Cy Young vote and Jimenez or Gallardo gets it.

Bastardo becomes shut-down 7th inning pitcher.

Ryan Howard regains the MVP Trophy. :o

This discussion has been closed.