• For BD's sake. ;):mrgreen:

Is he a MUTTS fan ??
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    For BD's sake. ;):mrgreen:

Is he a MUTTS fan ??

Indeed. Unfortunately. But good people. He bumped the Sixers thread so all Philly sports were at the top of the page. So I just made sure the Phils stayed up there for symmetrical purposes.
    Adult baby Uggla traded to Atlanta for Infante and Mike Dunn. Also, The Fish are signing John Buck to 3 yr/18mil deal. Both these moves make Florida a better team.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Adult baby Uggla traded to Atlanta for Infante and Mike Dunn. Also, The Fish are signing John Buck to 3 yr/18mil deal. Both these moves make Florida a better team.

I think uggla absolutely blows. not sure how he's still passing his drug tests
    The Fixer wrote:

I think uggla absolutely blows. not sure how he's still passing his drug tests

He's terrible. God awful swing. Marlins are a better all-around team with the moves they've made.
  • Man i've never seen two people hate production like you too. Is Uggla great no,but the dudes a damn good hitter.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Man i've never seen two people hate production like you too. Is Uggla great no,but the dudes a damn good hitter.

the only time great hitter and uggla should be mentioned in the same sentence is if someone is saying that 'dan uggla is not a great hitter'. And he absolutely blows in the field.

Hopefully the braves give him a new contract...that would be good for the phillies
    Man i've never seen two people hate production like you too. Is Uggla great no,but the dudes a damn good hitter.

And I've never seen someone so intent on being uninformed.(and grammatically incorrect.)
  • Man i've never seen two people hate production like you too. Is Uggla great no,but the dudes a damn good hitter.

And I've never seen someone so intent on being uninformed.(and grammatically incorrect.)
    I've never seen a dude who thinks he's always right and actually wrong most of the time. Uggla's a very good hitter his def not so much. I'm gonna waste my time arguing with you cause it's pointless. Howard sucks,Uggla sucks Jeff Carter sucks Vick sucks. JP and the fixer are always correct and know everything about everything or so they think.
    Go Birds!!!!

I've never seen a dude who thinks he's always right and actually wrong most of the time. Uggla's a very good hitter his def not so much. I'm gonna waste my time arguing with you cause it's pointless. Howard sucks,Uggla sucks Jeff Carter sucks Vick sucks. JP and the fixer are always correct and know everything about everything or so they think.

zach duke is great though.

now go post crap about your fantasy football teams that no one gives a shit about
  • And I've never seen someone so intent on being uninformed.(and grammatically incorrect.)[/quote]
    I've never seen a dude who thinks he's always right and actually wrong most of the time. Uggla's a very good hitter his def not so much. I'm gonna waste my time arguing with you cause it's pointless. Howard sucks,Uggla sucks Jeff Carter sucks Vick sucks. JP and the fixer are always correct and know everything about everything or so they think.[/quote]

zach duke is great though.

now go post crap about your fantasy football teams that no one gives a shit about[/quote]

Who ever said Zach Duke was great?????? Wasn't me i said he'd make a solid #3 in a good situation. Man u lie or make up more shit then a women.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The real question is whats worse my grammar or ur clueless thoughts. U make more wrong statements here then anyone and refuse to admit that you're wrong. I type knowing it pisses u off and love seeing u act like a child,take shots then say more lies.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Hey, dude, I'm just making you aware of your horrid grammar. This is a positive thing. Trying to make you a better person for today AND tomorrow. :thumbup:

And it's "than a woman". You're comparing not telling me of succinct or consequential events.

Also, we're dying to know how awesome your fantasy football team is doing. :clap: EDIT: Just saw this joke was made already. Damn it!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Amaro Jr.: Ibanez almost as productive as Werth
    ORLANDO, Fla. -- When asked to assess Raul Ibanez' 2010 season Thursday before leaving the GM meetings, Ruben Amaro Jr. made an interesting unsolicited comparison by bringing free-agent right fielder Jayson Werth into the discussion.

"(Ibanez) was still a pretty productive player and ... his numbers are not all that different from Jayson's last year," the Phillies general manager said. "What did (Ibanez) have, 83 RBIs? Jayson had 85. (Ibanez) didn't have as many opportunities as Jayson did to drive in runs.

"Clearly, Jayson had more runs scored and his on-base percentage and stuff were better, but (Ibanez) had 37 doubles and five triples or something like that. The difference in their production was not all that great."

What's so fascinating about Amaro's comparison is that it could serve two purposes.

In addition to talking up Ibanez in a thinly veiled effort to increase the left fielder's trade value, he also devalued Werth's contributions to the team last season.

For the record, Ibanez batted .275 with 16 home runs and 83 RBIs. He had 37 doubles and five triples. Werth hit .296 with 27 home runs and 85 RBIs. He had 46 doubles and two triples Werth, of course, is seven years younger and a superior outfielder to Ibanez.

You can read more about the final day of the GM meetings in tomorrow's Inquirer

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... z15f2UccGG
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
    www.myspace.com
    I like this post, Jeags. Wipes away the too muchery.

Anyway, yeah, I'm tellin ya, moral of the story - the stop-gap in the 5 hole will be adequate no matter where it comes from. Remember, Burrell was that 5 hole guy when they won something more than a handshake. I had to listen to Cataldi today - whom I don't mind - drone on and on about a sport he doesn't know enough about. They're drooling over Quentin, but don't realize how bad he is against lefties. I wouldn't mind him though because I believe there's a lot there to work with and he's somewhat on the younger side, especially to put in left when Ibanez is let go. Just depends what the Sox would want. Then, he was going on about Cuddyer - whom I brought up before - and was totally slurping this dude up. I guess he doesn't know the dude isn't a FA till '12 since he has an option. That guy would definitely be worth it for the time being - super utility style. This team will be fine, so be it that the guy's you rely on turn it around. Good to hear Vic say he needs to bunt more. I say Jimmy, Shane, and Chase all bounce back and by default are more potent offensively. Three starters in the top 10 of Cy Young voting. Once again are the favorites in 2011 - just gotta stay healthy. Give these guys planned days off. Not a whole lot to worry about. And if they proposed any kind of decent contract to Werth, then I gotta think they'll use those funds to stack the pen, which is cool with me.
    I'd love to see quentin here. he could hit 40 bombs at CBP.

things should start happening with FAs in a week or so
    The Fixer wrote:

I know it was his wrist one year, but wasn't he out for a long period of time for another reason?
    The Fixer wrote:

I know it was his wrist one year, but wasn't he out for a long period of time for another reason?

I think so. Might have been his knee. I'm not sure.

Phils signed LH reliever Dan Meyer to a minor league deal. Nice low risk option
  • The Fixer wrote:

Never saw the dude play but checked out his stats

I think he could do well with the bat...dude has no speed ?

Plays LF and RF that could come in handy also
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

He's definitely not the quickest guy. He's average in the field...not as good as werth, but not as terrible as ibanez.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, he was a stud in Arizona and had a great first year in Chicago. Just got bit from some weird injuries - well, the wrist one wasn't I don't think. Lot of upside that I'd love. You could put him in right for Brown, and let him play left to give Raul a blow. Just wondering what Chicago would want.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, he was a stud in Arizona and had a great first year in Chicago. Just got bit from some weird injuries - well, the wrist one wasn't I don't think. Lot of upside that I'd love. You could put him in right for Brown, and let him play left to give Raul a blow. Just wondering what Chicago would want.

problem is his stats are much better against righties than lefties according to the Inquirer today.
    pjhawks wrote:

problem is his stats are much better against righties than lefties according to the Inquirer today.

Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier, but either way, it'd be a solid pickup just for the reason of when Ibanez is let go in a year.
    What's that you say? More playoff baseball? Twist my arm....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5821797
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

i dunno. i kind of like it as it is. i mean, would the 2010 padres really be deserving of a playoff spot?
    www.myspace.com

i dunno. i kind of like it as it is. i mean, would the 2010 padres really be deserving of a playoff spot?

Sure, why not. I like it because for the first time since '93 there will be somewhat of an injection of integrity back into the pennant race.
  • What's that you say? More playoff baseball? Twist my arm....

I don't think it would be much of an improvement if it's only a one or three game series.

I'm with you. A bye in baseball could turn out to be a bad thing. I don't like it
    Bye? Those teams play on normal rest. 3 game wild card playoff, or 1 game playoff, what have you. Now those wild card teams don't get treated like a division winner with the exception of home field advantage. No travel days, they get treated like they should be lucky to be there - as a wild card should be. You need to use your ace when you don't want to, you can't skate by winning the wild card instead of the division(al east almost every year). Well, it's happening, and it's going to be awesome.
This discussion has been closed.