***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    so are we going to have petrocs change this to the 2011 phils thread? dude hasn't posted in the thread since last year
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh no doubt dude. I just like thinking about what it would take to get a player like that. Would you do Felix straight up? I would, not many others though. Never going to happen, just like talking these scenarios.

honestly. Assuming for 2011 I wouldn't. Unless there was some guarantee that the phils were somehow going to find another way to be competent offensively. the phils would have to get some kind of a bat in return.

been trying to think of a scenario where I would trade utley. how about cano for utley?

I hear you on the offense thing. I was more thinking player for player and not how it fits into the team.

Honestly, as a Yankees fan I wouldn't do Cano for Utley. Cano is yonger, cheaper and has more years ahead of him. You know Utley is one of my favorite players in baseball but I think Cano has better years ahead of him.

If I were the yanks I wouldn't make that trade either. especially after the years each of those players had in 2010.

utley always has an enormous chip on his shoulder. I fully expect him to return to form next year.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

Alive, I'm assuming you hit the parade?
    thought about it but no. I live in salt lake. glad I didn't go....talked to some friends who were there....they said it was a clusterfuck of the highest order :? . gonna head over to the giants thread...see if someone, anyone is still interested :roll: .
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    imalive wrote:

thought about it but no. I live in salt lake. glad I didn't go....talked to some friends who were there....they said it was a clusterfuck of the highest order :? . gonna head over to the giants thread...see if someone, anyone is still interested :roll: .

Cooooome on, man. Your squad wins its first title in their history(that's how I look at it - two separate teams when you play in two separate cities) and you don't make it there? No matter the clusterfuck, I gotta say you have to be there, especially with the supposed heartache this team has caused you in the past. Gotta make it happen. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Then again I think I could go without cheering Huff pulling a thong out of his pants.
    Sooooo Moises Alou is Moyer's manager in the DR. Now that is a testament to longevity.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Moyer done with elbow injury in Dominican Republic. Call it quits old man - you and Paterno need to learn to stop hanging on. Can't believe he actually went down there to begin with.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    Moyer done with elbow injury in Dominican Republic. Call it quits old man - you and Paterno need to learn to stop hanging on. Can't believe he actually went down there to begin with.

I guess he'd do anything to get away from his 7 kids or however many it is now. :lol:

Maybe he's trying to get 300 W's? That would be a serious challenge to the surefire HOF credential.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Looks like the Red Sox are gonna make the push for your boy Werth.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Looks like the Red Sox are gonna make the push for your boy Werth.

If the contract of 5 yr/90 mil is what it's going to be, I could see the Phils matching that. Even so, if he does leave, it's really no sweat off my scrote. All the pink hats will be in full-force for sure. Your new Damon, if you will.
    juan samuel as 3rd base coach next year?

if we can't get bowa, i'm down with this...
    www.myspace.com

Where are you hearing this? I thought he was going to stay in Baltimore. Also, I guess they'd move Perlozzo to first? I think Samuel would be better at first since he could help with the base-running - maybe, I guess.

Where are you hearing this? I thought he was going to stay in Baltimore. Also, I guess they'd move Perlozzo to first? I think Samuel would be better at first since he could help with the base-running - maybe, I guess.
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2010/11/we ... amuel.html

edit-1st base coach
    www.myspace.com
    Also, and I'm just thinking out loud here, but Seattle declined Jose Lopez's option. I think he'd be a swell fit here. Phils might not resign Valdez since he sucks offensively. And with injuries to Utley, Rollins, and Polanco they want to bring a guy on the bench that not only fills in defensively but also fills the void with the bat. Probably could get this guy to roam the corner outfield positions as well. Just a thought, but I think that'd be a reasonable buy(and with two years left on Polanco's contract, and Lopez being relatively young, you could give him a moderate contract in length to maybe fill in for Polly once he's gone as well), especially since apparently he has connections within the organization and was in trade rumors back in July.

I saw samuel is going back to baltimore too. phils are expected to sign a minority to fill the position. gotta fill those quotas. what a fucking joke
    ryne sandberg expected to be announced as LHV manager. that's pretty cool. wish they'd announce him as the phillies manager
    Also, and I'm just thinking out loud here, but Seattle declined Jose Lopez's option. I think he'd be a swell fit here. Phils might not resign Valdez since he sucks offensively. And with injuries to Utley, Rollins, and Polanco they want to bring a guy on the bench that not only fills in defensively but also fills the void with the bat. Probably could get this guy to roam the corner outfield positions as well. Just a thought, but I think that'd be a reasonable buy(and with two years left on Polanco's contract, and Lopez being relatively young, you could give him a moderate contract in length to maybe fill in for Polly once he's gone as well), especially since apparently he has connections within the organization and was in trade rumors back in July.

I'd take him. I know he can play 3B and 2B, not sure about SS though. If he can't play SS I don't know that he's a good fit.

I'm all for valdez being shown the door. Had a good year, but he's not that good. He hit into something like 22 double plays last year. that is absurd for a guy that only played half of the year. I guess that's what happens when you can't hit the ball out of the infield
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd take him. I know he can play 3B and 2B, not sure about SS though. If he can't play SS I don't know that he's a good fit.

I'm all for valdez being shown the door. Had a good year, but he's not that good. He hit into something like 22 double plays last year. that is absurd for a guy that only played half of the year. I guess that's what happens when you can't hit the ball out of the infield

Yeah, apparently he played all three positions in the minors. Go with like a 3 yr/9-12 mil could work.

Like the Sandberg signing. If only they kept him as a player. Between Ryne and Dom going to be there, I might have to hit up that park.

I'm seeing the Samuel reports now. Looks like it could be happening.

Wonder if Chan Ho would come back as well. He's probably looking at a pay of 1 yr/1 mil anyway. Pen of Baez(sad but true, he's here, so ya gotta deal with it), Park, Bastardo, resign Contreras, Lefty arm - Maybe Downs? Ohman?, Madson, Lidge seems decent.
    no way I would give lopez 3 years. 2 max, preferrably 1.

I wouldn't rush to bring park back either. plenty of better options out there. Contreras on another 1 year deal would be cool.

I don't think baez was that bad down the stretch. He should be have been on the playoff roster over kendrick. hopefully he can contribute this year.
    The Fixer wrote:

I wouldn't rush to bring park back either. plenty of better options out there. Contreras on another 1 year deal would be cool.

I don't think baez was that bad down the stretch. He should be have been on the playoff roster over kendrick. hopefully he can contribute this year.

Yeah, I really have no problem with Baez, he just had a bad year. He has good stuff when he's got it together.

More like option years or something on Lopez. I'm just saying there's no way they resign Polanco when his deal's up, and I think it would be an economical/effective way of suring up the position past 2012.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, I really have no problem with Baez, he just had a bad year. He has good stuff when he's got it together.

More like option years or something on Lopez. I'm just saying there's no way they resign Polanco when his deal's up, and I think it would be an economical/effective way of suring up the position past 2012.

polanco has 2 more years on his deal. another amaro overpay special

nothing usually happens in the free agent market until after thanksgiving. pretty sure the deadline to offer arbitration to free agents is right around then. that's when the whores come out
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    imalive wrote:

Cooooome on, man. Your squad wins its first title in their history(that's how I look at it - two separate teams when you play in two separate cities) and you don't make it there? No matter the clusterfuck, I gotta say you have to be there, especially with the supposed heartache this team has caused you in the past. Gotta make it happen. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Then again I think I could go without cheering Huff pulling a thong out of his pants.
    you're right.....I'll go next year. :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    from jim salisbury this weekend. I would do this in a heartbeat...mccutchen is a beast

Just thinking aloud
    Read an interesting piece on a Website dedicated to analysis of the Pittsburgh Pirates the other day. The article speculated that the cost-conscious Pirates could face some problems if centerfielder Andrew McCutchen earns Super-2 status and qualifies for salary arbitration after the 2011 season. A fourth year of salary arbitration for McCutchen could cost the Pirates as much as $10 million down the road.

All this got us to thinking that the Phillies might want to consider trying to trade for McCutchen. He'd give them a potentially dynamic offensive player, a right-handed hitter (which they need) who can bat leadoff and play centerfield.

This whole idea is silly, right? McCutchen, who just turned 24, has nearly two full big-league seasons under his belt, he's been productive, and he's not far removed from being one of the most highly touted prospects in the game. There's no way the rebuilding Pirates would give up a budding young star like that. Ah, but what if the Pirates got another promising young talent in return, one who is just 11 months younger than McCutchen, one who is far from his salary arbitration years, and one whose left-handed swing has been compared to Darryl Strawberry's?

Yes, we're talking about Domonic Brown.

Clearly, Brown alone wouldn't be enough to get the Pirates to do the deal, but the addition of another prospect or two might intrigue them.

Like we said, just thinking aloud.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer wrote:
    from jim salisbury this weekend. I would do this in a heartbeat...mccutchen is a beast

Just thinking aloud
    Read an interesting piece on a Website dedicated to analysis of the Pittsburgh Pirates the other day. The article speculated that the cost-conscious Pirates could face some problems if centerfielder Andrew McCutchen earns Super-2 status and qualifies for salary arbitration after the 2011 season. A fourth year of salary arbitration for McCutchen could cost the Pirates as much as $10 million down the road.

All this got us to thinking that the Phillies might want to consider trying to trade for McCutchen. He'd give them a potentially dynamic offensive player, a right-handed hitter (which they need) who can bat leadoff and play centerfield.

This whole idea is silly, right? McCutchen, who just turned 24, has nearly two full big-league seasons under his belt, he's been productive, and he's not far removed from being one of the most highly touted prospects in the game. There's no way the rebuilding Pirates would give up a budding young star like that. Ah, but what if the Pirates got another promising young talent in return, one who is just 11 months younger than McCutchen, one who is far from his salary arbitration years, and one whose left-handed swing has been compared to Darryl Strawberry's?

Clearly, Brown alone wouldn't be enough to get the Pirates to do the deal, but the addition of another prospect or two might intrigue them.

I think Philadelphia would have a collective heart attack. I would do it in a second too.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Just thinking aloud

I think Philadelphia would have a collective heart attack. I would do it in a second too.

Me 3. That guy is awesome. Phila would get over it once they figured out what they got.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Yeah, I read that a few days ago. There's no way I see Pittsburgh doing that though. Be a lot cooler if they did.

wooderson.jpg&t=1
    Right guard, Shane Victorino, was voted to the Pro Bowl again. Erm, I mean, Shane wins his third straight gold glove.
    pete orr.
    www.myspace.com
    Ha-wahn Samuel.
    ALSO - apparently the Phils have reached out to Jermaine Dye. I don't understand how he didn't have a job last year after his 2009 season, which was decent. If he can still play, I think he could be the best value for a platoon with Brown.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Ha-wahn Samuel.

not sure how i feel about this move yet :problem:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD