***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    not the prettiest of wins but we will surely take it. Halladay was off (awful 1st inning) but gutted it out to keep us in the lead. right side of the infield just terrible defensively (their's sucked too) -easy plays f'd up by Utley and Howard - just maddening. Bullpen was fantastic. Madson was awesome. Not sure I understand all the negative talk about the offense (although they are maddening to watch at times) as we have scored 3 against Linceum, 6 5 and 5, only Cain's shutout were we really bad. Defense has to be better though. One huge positive is the Giants can't possibly keep hitting as well as they have with runners in scoring position. If they can knock us out at CBP give them credit because i don't think we are going quietly now. Saturday night (hopefully but ridiculous you won't know starting game time until almost midnight tomorrow night) should be fun boys. 5 down 6 to go.

the offense has been atrocious. huff's play cost the giants the game. the phils offense has been nonexistent
  • The Fixer wrote:
    howard looks lost at the plate tonight

he was great at the plate compared to his fielding. he has fucking trash can lids for hands

I was in rare form watching him last night...he is brutal

He was such a butcher he could've been working on 9th St. I thought he could hit Lincecum. That's the only pitcher he's really struggling against this series.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    howard looks lost at the plate tonight

he was great at the plate compared to his fielding. he has fucking trash can lids for hands

I was in rare form watching him last night...he is brutal

He was such a butcher he could've been working on 9th St. I thought he could hit Lincecum. That's the only pitcher he's really struggling against this series.

seems like he's come up with a guy on 3rd and less than 2 outs about 5-6 times this series. and he hasn't come through yet. we all knew that is one of his many achilles heels, but it's been ridiculous.

whatever, not trying to start this shit again. couldn't help myself after last night though. sorry.

they're gonna need him this weekend. hopefully he and the rest of the lineup can start getting some hits. and no giants hit the ball to first
  • The Fixer wrote:
    they're gonna need him this weekend. hopefully he and the rest of the lineup can start getting some hits. and no giants hit the ball to first

Or second. :roll: When did we sign Chuck Knoblauch?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, utley has been fighting himself all series. he's like ozzie smith compared to the first baseman though.

chase just looks like he's pressing. he's in his own head.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Good to be home, boys.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Good to be home, boys.

"Your gonna eat lightning, and your gonna crap thunder!.....Go for the ribs, don't let that bastard breathe!.......Now when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man, the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?......Get up you son of a bitch! Cuz Mickey loves ya."
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    I want to start tailgating now. I can't fucking wait to get down there tomorrow
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    holy shit....saturday's game might be 4:00????????????????

i have pre-cana for my wedding until fucking 6. :o:o :x

When My wife and I had that I told a lie...

The priest asked me if I had been going to chrurch every Sunday I said Yes...

He said "Well, you better get on Kristin then because she said she doesn't go every Sunday.."

:twisted: :lol:

Of course I hadn't gone to church for years
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:
    I want to start tailgating now. I can't fucking wait to get down there tomorrow

Absolutely cannot wait. It's going to be down and disgusting. Mean.
    holy shit....saturday's game might be 4:00????????????????

i have pre-cana for my wedding until fucking 6. :o:o :x

When My wife and I had that I told a lie...

The priest asked me if I had been going to chrurch every Sunday I said Yes...

He said "Well, you better get on Kristin then because she said she doesn't go every Sunday.."

:twisted: :lol:

Of course I hadn't gone to church for years

We had our wedding at a country club. Ceremony was outside and lasted about 10 minutes.

No religion for this guy. Not sure I even believe in god. The entire concept of there being something that watches everything you do is too similar to santa claus.

Had to go to my nephew's christening this past sunday. I just don't get it
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, utley has been fighting himself all series. he's like ozzie smith compared to the first baseman though.

chase just looks like he's pressing. he's in his own head.

crazy, im guessing Ozzie Smith never made 7 errors in a 23 game span let alone in the playoffs. total choke in the 1st last night by Chase, easy play. insanity to call him ozzie smith compared to anyone. 7 errors in 23 playoff games is atrocious as i said the other day. That being said Howard has been awful as well. He had a stretch last year where he was better catching the ball but has now reverted back. it's like tying to catch with a frying pan sometimes. i guess the only good thing is we don't have to watch him throw.

Huff cost them the game last night though. brutal error and swinging 2-0 against Romero with Posey on deck. Some guys just don't want to walk. Absolutey no way Romero throws 3 strikes in 4 pitches from that point - would have had tying run on 2nd with best hitter up. awful by Huff.
    Catholic weddings are especially bad. Couple's wedding I was at last week, which I thought was going to impede with my Phils watching, was absolutely phenomenal. Wedding on the beach, took 5 minutes. Cocktail hour, boom. Walk into reception hall, three speaches down like that. All done by 630/7.

Catholics - along with their hypocricies(it's okay, I can say this shit because not only it's true but I had to sit through 13 years of that catholic school nonsense), like to draw things out.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    insanity to call him ozzie smith compared to anyone.

I agree. At least Utley can hit the ball over the fence.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    We had our wedding at a country club. Ceremony was outside and lasted about 10 minutes.

No religion for this guy. Not sure I even believe in god. The entire concept of there being something that watches everything you do is too similar to santa claus.

Wow, we're getting deep. I'm waiting for the questions - when are you gonna christen him? I want him to know what's going on when he gets baptized. I think the baby christening thing is stupid. Don't think my wife agrees with me, but I am putting up passive resistance.
    pjhawks wrote:
    crazy, im guessing Ozzie Smith never made 7 errors in a 23 game span let alone in the playoffs. total choke in the 1st last night by Chase, easy play. insanity to call him ozzie smith compared to anyone. 7 errors in 23 playoff games is atrocious as i said the other day. That being said Howard has been awful as well. He had a stretch last year where he was better catching the ball but has now reverted back. it's like tying to catch with a frying pan sometimes. i guess the only good thing is we don't have to watch him throw.

Huff cost them the game last night though. brutal error and swinging 2-0 against Romero with Posey on deck. Some guys just don't want to walk. Absolutey no way Romero throws 3 strikes in 4 pitches from that point - would have had tying run on 2nd with best hitter up. awful by Huff.

Back to baseball:

Howard did make a spectacular play catching that line drive. Huff is not a good hitter, but hardly anyone on the Giants is a good hitter. It's still shocking that they've won 3 games in this series.

How about that damn line drive double play by Gload. Looked like we might break it open there. Nobody's mentioned that play in anything I've read today. A little more luck and I could see a blowout win tomorrow.

The Fixer wrote:

Wow, we're getting deep. I'm waiting for the questions - when are you gonna christen him? I want him to know what's going on when he gets baptized. I think the baby christening thing is stupid. Don't think my wife agrees with me, but I am putting up passive resistance.
    pjhawks wrote:

Back to baseball:

Howard did make a spectacular play catching that line drive. Huff is not a good hitter, but hardly anyone on the Giants is a good hitter. It's still shocking that they've won 3 games in this series.

How about that damn line drive double play by Gload. Looked like we might break it open there. Nobody's mentioned that play in anything I've read today. A little more luck and I could see a blowout win tomorrow.

marriage is all about picking your battles. Just do your friends and family a favor and try not to schedule that type of stuff at 1:00 when the eagles are on (I was getting all kinds of texts about the jackson hit during on sunday -- I didn't pay much attention to what the priest was saying).

I wouldn't call the howard play spectacular. at least he caught the ball though.

I love gload. he always gives you a solid AB. that was awful luck. and I wanted to punch the TV when lincecum started yelling when he was walking off the mound. I don't like that little queer.

I hope you're right about a blowout. Phils don't hit sanchez though, so that is gonna be tough. Like I said before, just put the ball in play and the giants will kick it around. With Huff, Sandoval, Burrell, and Uribe (who has pulled some nice plays out of his ass somehow) the giants are awful in the field.
    Last time a lefty was on the mound with this much pressure on him at The Bank was CC in '08. And we all know how that worked out.
  • Let's go Phillies. Please don't let the fucking Giants go to the World Series. I'm pulling for you guys this weekend!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Last time a lefty was on the mound with this much pressure on him at The Bank was CC in '08. And we all know how that worked out.

hmm, andy pettitte might disagree
    The Fixer wrote:

I choose to ignore such situation. Not as much pressure. Game 3. Meh.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

MEH???

every ws game is pressure

i know you're still new to this whole baseball playoff deal...but every game is HUGE
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The heart this team has is so big theres no scale that can but a number on it. Lets keep this going,still feel that were making too many mistakes,all around. Chase needs to wake up and remember he's Chase Utley,hopefully are bats keep putting the ball in play. Werth yesterday guaranteed that he will be a rich rich man somewhere else next year with the hit and throw. Heres to a complete comeback GO PHILS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

MEH???

i know you're still new to this whole baseball playoff deal...but every game is HUGE

No reason to get condescending, buddy. If the figurative image of the experience of watching/playing baseball of me compared to you was us running on a track, I'd still be lapping you.

My point is I don't give a f-u-c-k about the Yanks or the high horse their fans ride on.
    buddy of mine has 2 extra tickets for tomorrow. section 304. Not sure how much he wants for them. PM me if you're interested.
    The Fixer wrote:
    buddy of mine has 2 extra tickets for tomorrow. section 304. Not sure how much he wants for them. PM me if you're interested.

:shock: :!: PM sent. I got someone who needs some that doesn't want to get raped on Stub Hub.
    The Fixer wrote:

:shock: :!: PM sent. I got someone who needs some that doesn't want to get raped on Stub Hub.

I replied, but it takes 24 hours for my PMs to send for some reason. If you still have my cell number just text me. otherwise PM me your email address or I can just update you in this thread.

I reached out to my buddy. He has the tix on stubhub for a ridiculous amount. I'm trying to talk some sense into him. The number you threw out there sounds reasonable to me.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    imalive wrote:
    good game, fuckers :evil:

we let one slip away. I won't blame it but the umpiring is still shit. if we get the lead runner at third, you guys are screaming "it's a foul fucking ball!"...as it is, we're screaming "it's a foul fucking ball!" :? :roll:

all I know is.....this is a far better game than that AL DH bullshit! :mrgreen:

Honestly, that call was completely in favor of the Giants. They just fucked up the play is all.
    you're right...they did. but if they had made the play, you guys would be going nuts instead of me thinking "what if halladay doesn't get the bunt down, pops up or strikes out?" my only point is....shitty umpiring, once again :evil: it was a game my boys didn't deserve to win....but could have. pretty much the same for every game except #2 :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The Fixer wrote:
    marriage is all about picking your battles. Just do your friends and family a favor and try not to schedule that type of stuff at 1:00 when the eagles are on (I was getting all kinds of texts about the jackson hit during on sunday -- I didn't pay much attention to what the priest was saying).

I wouldn't call the howard play spectacular. at least he caught the ball though.

I love gload. he always gives you a solid AB. that was awful luck. and I wanted to punch the TV when lincecum started yelling when he was walking off the mound. I don't like that little queer.

I hope you're right about a blowout. Phils don't hit sanchez though, so that is gonna be tough. Like I said before, just put the ball in play and the giants will kick it around. With Huff, Sandoval, Burrell, and Uribe (who has pulled some nice plays out of his ass somehow) the giants are awful in the field.

Yeah, we have a christening this Sunday at 1. Ridiculous.

Yeah, Lincecum - that was a great fucking pitch that was slammed down the rightfield line, and you got lucky that it hit Huff's glove. Lucky play, just like that team's been this whole series.

If we lose this series it will haunt this city for a long time. Absolutely atrocious lineup keeps getting random timely hits. Os & Cole better hold these scrubs down in the water where they should be.

• imalive wrote:
    you're right...they did. but if they had made the play, you guys would be going nuts instead of me thinking "what if halladay doesn't get the bunt down, pops up or strikes out?" my only point is....shitty umpiring, once again :evil: it was a game my boys didn't deserve to win....but could have. pretty much the same for every game except #2 :?

Of course I'd be going nuts. We'd have gotten fucked into a double play. As it stands, it was simply a sac bunt, which isn't a bad result for either team. My only point is that the Giants have nothing to complain about from that play.

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

MEH???

No reason to get condescending, buddy. If the figurative image of the experience of watching/playing baseball of me compared to you was us running on a track, I'd still be lapping you.

My point is I don't give a f-u-c-k about the Yanks or the high horse their fans ride on.

wahhhh :lol:

i heard you were all pro on the little league team

however we do care about philly :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
This discussion has been closed.