***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    There's no room for excuses when you demand to be traded to a contender, pitch the last two game into at least the 7th throwing 92/93. You're the ace/stopper for a reason. Man the fuck up.
    He didn't demand to be traded. He was just upfront about his intentions when his contract ended. If Toronto had a shot at the playoffs in the next year or so he would have never left.

I don't care.
    And that's why he won't be sticking around when his contract expires.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    He didn't demand to be traded. He was just upfront about his intentions when his contract ended. If Toronto had a shot at the playoffs in the next year or so he would have never left.

I don't care.

Yeah, because we're ungrateful fucks. Maybe if people showed up to your stadium, they would have a better payroll. Now guess what? I don't give a fuck. I'm talking about the Phils playoff game, not Halladay's storied career in TO because you're on his balls.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    There's no room for excuses when you demand to be traded to a contender, pitch the last two game into at least the 7th throwing 92/93. You're the ace/stopper for a reason. Man the fuck up.

:lol: good one

As long as he stays away from the al east
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    ="tvismyfriend"]He didn't demand to be traded. He was just upfront about his intentions when his contract ended. If Toronto had a shot at the playoffs in the next year or so he would have never left.

Yeah, because we're ungrateful fucks. Maybe if people showed up to your stadium, they would have a better payroll. Now guess what? I don't give a fuck. I'm talking about the Phils playoff game, not Halladay's storied career in TO because you're on his balls.[/quote]

WOw someone is nervous :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Don't blow it in the 9th :mrgreen:
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

I don't care.

Yeah, because we're ungrateful fucks. Maybe if people showed up to your stadium, they would have a better payroll. Now guess what? I don't give a fuck. I'm talking about the Phils playoff game, not Halladay's storied career in TO because you're on his balls.
    Rogers pulled in like a billion profit last year. I honestly don't know anybody that isn't on their cell phone provider. They're just too cheap to field a contending team.
    Back to Philly ...a www shit
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    If cbp can wake up the bats I think you guys have this series. If tonights offense shows up the next two games San fran will win one. Not really rocket science, just my 2 cents.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    BOOM.

GUTSY PERFORMANCE. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

win 2 games at the bank and history will be made. ;)

DEFEND BROAD STREET.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliff, I hope you guys have a game 7 so I have a 4 oclock start.

Nothing like an 11 am tailgate for a baseball game. This is going to be fucking ugly for San Fran. Now if the team can just provide the bats to go with how obscene this freak show of a crowd is going to be. I plan on losing my voice Saturday. And hopefully not by being shut up by this mediocre lineup from out west.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    As do i, obviously. I think there wil be.
    It's going to be mean at the ballpark Saturday. I cannot wait.

EDIT/UPDATE: Turn on Post Game Live on Comcast. Barkann just said Manuel's got some news due to an injury with Halladay.

EDIT/UPDATE: Turn on Post Game Live on Comcast. Barkann just said Manuel's got some news due to an injury with Halladay.

you will rue the day the questioned the good doctor :mrgreen:

how do they say that and then take a fucking commercial??
    www.myspace.com

you will rue the day the questioned the good doctor :mrgreen:

how do they say that and then take a fucking commercial??

The almighty tease my friend.
    Well, there ya go. Knew it couldn't just be 'dead arm'.

Mild groin pull. God damnit. So he did 'man the fuck up', and I love the gentleman, just so everyone is aware. Those who know know of my full-on man crush for the guy. Just had to throw some tough love out there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg9ruee3Vos

doc is the man...ice that shit roy
    www.myspace.com
    Icy Hot that shit.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    not the prettiest of wins but we will surely take it. Halladay was off (awful 1st inning) but gutted it out to keep us in the lead. right side of the infield just terrible defensively (their's sucked too) -easy plays f'd up by Utley and Howard - just maddening. Bullpen was fantastic. Madson was awesome. Not sure I understand all the negative talk about the offense (although they are maddening to watch at times) as we have scored 3 against Linceum, 6 5 and 5, only Cain's shutout were we really bad. Defense has to be better though. One huge positive is the Giants can't possibly keep hitting as well as they have with runners in scoring position. If they can knock us out at CBP give them credit because i don't think we are going quietly now. Saturday night (hopefully but ridiculous you won't know starting game time until almost midnight tomorrow night) should be fun boys. 5 down 6 to go.
    holy shit....saturday's game might be 4:00????????????????

i have pre-cana for my wedding until fucking 6. :o:o :x
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    holy shit....saturday's game might be 4:00????????????????

i have pre-cana for my wedding until fucking 6. :o:o :x

yup cheer like hell for the Rangers tomorrow night.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    good game, fuckers :evil:

we let one slip away. I won't blame it but the umpiring is still shit. if we get the lead runner at third, you guys are screaming "it's a foul fucking ball!"...as it is, we're screaming "it's a foul fucking ball!" :? :roll:

all I know is.....this is a far better game than that AL DH bullshit! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:

we let one slip away. I won't blame it but the umpiring is still shit. if we get the lead runner at third, you guys are screaming "it's a foul fucking ball!"...as it is, we're screaming "it's a foul fucking ball!" :? :roll:

I thought Buck and McCarver were making too much out of that foul ball play. It's plausible that Halladay would get the bunt down later in the at-bat anyway. But as it went, sure it moved the runners up, but it was the error on the first baseman during Victorino's at-bat that brought them in.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Everybody thought it was a foul ball except for the ump and Posey. So it's all in stride.
    bill buckner huff anyone?
  • imalive wrote:

Honestly, that call was completely in favor of the Giants. They just fucked up the play is all.

Of course we all knew Doc wasn't right the whole game. 118 pitches with a groin strain - damn.

Bullpen was lights out - awesome!

So you're telling me there's a chance...

3697557_std.jpg
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I am not a fan of blaming the manager. These are big league players and sure the manager may give them a little better or worse chance to win based on his decisions but it has to be on the players. Oswalt simply didn't get enough outs.

with all due respect, you haven't watched enough phils games. manuel is a moron
    All I can say is props to the Giants. They've played the game the right way. If this is the series, then I'll forever be pissed at Jimmy. Biggest play of that game is what didn't happen - and that's Jimmy giving himself up and moving Werth over to 3rd. Still can't get over the fact that they didn't make that happen.

blame your boy for not making him bunt. ridiculous
    Alright, so this is it. Do or die. We've seen this before, oh, maybe just 5 months ago. Let's squeak this out and bring it home, boys.

"Man looks in the abyss, there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss."

It ain't over yet, mofos. GO. PHILS.

wall street. classic

1 down, 2 to go
    howard looks lost at the plate tonight

he was great at the plate compared to his fielding. he has fucking trash can lids for hands

I was in rare form watching him last night...he is brutal
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If cbp can wake up the bats I think you guys have this series. If tonights offense shows up the next two games San fran will win one. Not really rocket science, just my 2 cents.

all the phils have to do is play solid ball and put more balls in play. the giants are a horrendous defensive team. they will beat themselves.

still a lot of work to do, but the phils aren't dead yet. oswalt needs to throw his nuts on the table tomorrow night. get to sanchez early and the giants ass holes get real tight
This discussion has been closed.