***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Sending Ruiz home with 1 out
    Durbin
    Not bunting Jimmy. Not bunting in general.
    Werth on 2nd, no outs, doesn't score
    Total shit, undicsiplined at-bats
    Allowing Cody Fetal Alcohol Syndrome to get hit after hit

We didn't and don't deserve to win.

don't forget your starter not making it even 5 full innings. him allowing a lead off walk in the 4th which ultimately turned into the tying run the inning after we score 4 to take the lead was a killer. fat joe has done this all season long when we needed a shut down inning from him. like clock work. that fat turd.

signs of life from the offense. everyone had a hit. i don't see halladay tossing 2 bad outings in a row. one game at a time. one game at a time....

Actually Blanton pretty much did what was expected...5-6 IP, 3-4 ER. He hadn't pitched in almost a month. The Durbin walk to start the 6th, after the phils took a 4-2 lead, was what really killed them. Also having Kung Fu Fat Ass down 0-2 and letting him battle back hurt.

Durbin and Blanton both hadn't pitched in ages. It obviously showed.

Tough loss. Bottom line is that this team hasn't played well in the playoffs. Halladay and Hamels masked some of that in round 1...the Reds also didn't feel like playing defense which helped.

Gotta find a way to get beat Cum and get this thing back to Philly. Then hope the crowd and the ghosts of Giants playoff failure show up and help this team pull off a comeback for the ages.

Would be weird if the phils and yanks both pulled shit out of their asses to set up a rematch. Stranger things have happened.
    I don't understand why philly teams historically suck ass as favorites. It's like that in every sport. The Sixers in '84, the Flyers in the late 90's and especially '00, the eagles during the mcnabb era (tampa, carolina, arizona), and the phils in '83 and now '10.

It's like Rocky cursed this city forever. The teams can't win unless they're underdogs. '83 and '08, the sixers and phils were both 'dogs. since Rocky was released that's all we've got.

damn you Stallone
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:
    Sending Ruiz home with 1 out
    Durbin
    Not bunting Jimmy. Not bunting in general.
    Werth on 2nd, no outs, doesn't score
    Total shit, undicsiplined at-bats
    Allowing Cody Fetal Alcohol Syndrome to get hit after hit

We didn't and don't deserve to win.

don't forget your starter not making it even 5 full innings. him allowing a lead off walk in the 4th which ultimately turned into the tying run the inning after we score 4 to take the lead was a killer. fat joe has done this all season long when we needed a shut down inning from him. like clock work. that fat turd.

signs of life from the offense. everyone had a hit. i don't see halladay tossing 2 bad outings in a row. one game at a time. one game at a time....

Actually Blanton pretty much did what was expected...5-6 IP, 3-4 ER. He hadn't pitched in almost a month. The Durbin walk to start the 6th, after the phils took a 4-2 lead, was what really killed them. Also having Kung Fu Fat Ass down 0-2 and letting him battle back hurt.

Tough loss. Bottom line is that this team hasn't played well in the playoffs. Halladay and Hamels masked some of that in round 1...the Reds also didn't feel like playing defense which helped.

Gotta find a way to get beat Cum and get this thing back to Philly. Then hope the crowd and the ghosts of Giants playoff failure show up and help this team pull off a comeback for the ages.

Would be weird if the phils and yanks both pulled shit out of their asses to set up a rematch. Stranger things have happened.

blanton didn't last 5. but, yeah, 3 earned runs in 4 and 2/3's is about all you can expect from that fat turd.

we'll see what happens. i'm still somewhat confident. i don't think we lose tomorrow night.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

blanton didn't last 5. but, yeah, 3 earned runs in 4 and 2/3's is about all you can expect from that fat turd.

we'll see what happens. i'm still somewhat confident. i don't think we lose tomorrow night.

the fat turd you should be mad at is the manager. he played a much larger role in this loss than blanton.

gotta find a way to get a W tomorrow night. I'm hopeful, but sure as hell not confident.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    pretty much agree with everything said above. just not good enough in all aspects during this playoffs. awful managing (cannot use a pitcher for 1 batter in the 5th inning of a playoff game, and rollins batting 6th is a disaster). offense too many putrid at-bats. the 8th inning rollins, francisco, chooch was embarrassingly bad approaches and swings. defense missing easy plays (ibanez game 1, utley game 3, rollins game 4, awful), base running (chooch has to either knock Posey over or slide to the outside, not stealing bases). pitchers just making bad pitches at times and too many darn leadoff walks. Durbin walking Torres was a disaster. Walking Pat I haven't been a good hitter in 7 years is just terrible.

Umpiring is just amazingly bad for the 2nd year in the row. how can you have 2 umpires down the line and they both miss Sandoval's ball being fair? The strike zones have been wildly inconsisent game to game (2 bad leadoff looking Ks tonight for Phils including victorino to start game). Missed plays on the basepaths - just terrible for both teams.

Give the Giants credit though as they have made all the plays they have needed to make. They have gotten a hit and put the ball in play everytime with runners in scoring position.

Get it back to Philly boys and see if the Giants can man up and knock us out at the Bank. Very confidence that Halladay is going to pitch great tomorrow but with this offense will it be enough.

and i hope no one cuts me off in the morning cause i gotta feeling road rage is a real possibility with the lack of sleep im gonna get tonight.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't understand why philly teams historically suck ass as favorites. It's like that in every sport. The Sixers in '84, the Flyers in the late 90's and especially '00, the eagles during the mcnabb era (tampa, carolina, arizona), and the phils in '83 and now '10.

It's like Rocky cursed this city forever. The teams can't win unless they're underdogs. '83 and '08, the sixers and phils were both 'dogs. since Rocky was released that's all we've got.

damn you Stallone

i don't think the sixers were underdogs that year. that was one of the greatest single season teams in the history of the nba. plus the lakers hobbled their way into the finals that year...FO FO FO!
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    pretty much agree with everything said above. just not good enough in all aspects during this playoffs. awful managing (cannot use a pitcher for 1 batter in the 5th inning of a playoff game, and rollins batting 6th is a disaster). offense too many putrid at-bats. the 8th inning rollins, francisco, chooch was embarrassingly bad approaches and swings. defense missing easy plays (ibanez game 1, utley game 3, rollins game 4, awful), base running (chooch has to either knock Posey over or slide to the outside, not stealing bases). pitchers just making bad pitches at times and too many darn leadoff walks. Durbin walking Torres was a disaster. Walking Pat I haven't been a good hitter in 7 years is just terrible.

Umpiring is just amazingly bad for the 2nd year in the row. how can you have 2 umpires down the line and they both miss Sandoval's ball being fair? The strike zones have been wildly inconsisent game to game (2 bad leadoff looking Ks tonight for Phils including victorino to start game). Missed plays on the basepaths - just terrible for both teams.

Give the Giants credit though as they have made all the plays they have needed to make. They have gotten a hit and put the ball in play everytime with runners in scoring position.

Get it back to Philly boys and see if the Giants can man up and knock us out at the Bank. Very confidence that Halladay is going to pitch great tomorrow but with this offense will it be enough.

and i hope no one cuts me off in the morning cause i gotta feeling road rage is a real possibility with the lack of sleep im gonna get tonight.

as a phils fan, shit couldn't have gone worse in this series.

the rollins error didn't hurt them tonight though. and the umps have been pretty bad both ways. I don't like when people blame the umps (not saying you are).

Giants have played better ball thru 4 games...plain and simple.

manuel was horrendous tonight. I wouldn't be upset if he got fired right now.
    edited October 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the fat turd you should be mad at is the manager. he played a much larger role in this loss than blanton.

gotta find a way to get a W tomorrow night. I'm hopeful, but sure as hell not confident.

nobody's off the hook dude...including blanton who was subpar all season.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

damn you Stallone

i don't think the sixers were underdogs that year. that was one of the greatest single season teams in the history of the nba. plus the lakers hobbled their way into the finals that year...FO FO FO!

yeah, I wasn't sure about that team. I know they were beasts.

point is that team may be the only exception to the rule. fucking Sly

I might be reaching, but I need someone to blame for this AIDS

nobody's off the hook dude...especially blanton who was subpar all season.

blanton was great in august and september. he hasn't pitched in a month. I was hoping for 5-6 innings from him tonight. He didn't even give that, but I don't think he's the reason they lost.

We're probably splitting hairs...lots of blame to go around. As a fan I'm frustrated and not really thinking clearly right about now. I'm upset at everyone on the roster
    The Fixer wrote:

the rollins error didn't hurt them tonight though. and the umps have been pretty bad both ways. I don't like when people blame the umps (not saying you are).

agree not blaming the umps at all for this series - just can't believe how bad they are on a regular basis.

totally give the Giants credit as they have been great in this series in all aspects. everything we have done poorly they have done well in. Hopefully Halladay can knock them back a bit and we can take advantage of our crowd. not dead yet for sure.
    The Fixer wrote:

nobody's off the hook dude...especially blanton who was subpar all season.

blanton was great in august and september. he hasn't pitched in a month. I was hoping for 5-6 innings from him tonight. He didn't even give that, but I don't think he's the reason they lost.

We're probably splitting hairs...lots of blame to go around. As a fan I'm frustrated and not really thinking clearly right about now. I'm upset at everyone on the roster

i'm just not a phat joe guy. never really have been. i knew he'd give one back in the 5th. that was a huge run.

regardless...whatever, cy young's on the mound tomorrow night. we're going back to the bank
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

agree not blaming the umps at all for this series - just can't believe how bad they are on a regular basis.

totally give the Giants credit as they have been great in this series in all aspects. everything we have done poorly they have done well in. Hopefully Halladay can knock them back a bit and we can take advantage of our crowd. not dead yet for sure.

was saying to a buddy early in the game tonight that it just felt like the phils haven't been able to get any momentum going in this series. Tonight they finally did with the 4 run inning and the giants came right back and got a run in the bottom of the inning. don't know about you guys, but I never got comfortable...even after the phils got the lead. didn't matter if it was blanton or the pen...it just didn't feel like the phils were ever in control, even with the lead.

whatever, we can anazlyze this to death. need to win tomorrow. hopefully doc doesn't throw anything on the inner half to ross or burrell.

just get it back to philly
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Charlie cost us the 09 series and is now tryn his best to ruin this year as well. Doc not pitching,raul not pitch hitting,rollins not bunting and pitching oswalt all in 1 game is horendus. Im sorry but i can't take many more bad moves by him. His bad decisions arent as bad when were hitting,but when were not his mistakes stick out like a sore thumb.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • phillies-body-paint-5.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    dats hot yo
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Charlie cost us the 09 series and is now tryn his best to ruin this year as well. Doc not pitching,raul not pitch hitting,rollins not bunting and pitching oswalt all in 1 game is horendus. Im sorry but i can't take many more bad moves by him. His bad decisions arent as bad when were hitting,but when were not his mistakes stick out like a sore thumb.

his 2 worst moves of the night were in the pitching game: using Contreras for one batter in the 5th. you cannot use a pitcher for one batter in the 5th inning of a playoff game. 2ndly having Bastardo (our 2nd worst pitcher on the roster) pitch to Posey giving up a hit then bringing Madson in - why not just bring Madson in for Posey? These 2 moves make absolutely no sense. I swear he has no idea how to look ahead and think how each move will affect the next move. just brutal tonight (as was everyone else).
    edited October 2010
    Have my season tix for saturday...Just bought my game 7 tickets on stubhub. let's go boys, get it back to philly. The Fixer will bring home another pennant.

Dear xxxx,

Your NL Championship Series Tickets: San Francisco Giants at Philadelphia Phillies - Game 7 (Home Game 4 - If Necessary) tickets are on their way!

PRINT THIS EMAIL and take it with your tickets to the event.

Your tickets will be attached to an email sent directly from
    Phillies.com. It may take a few minutes for the email to arrive.

Check your inbox for the subject line "Tickets Attached StubHub
    Order #." If you don t see it, look in your Spam or Junk Email
    folder. If you do not receive your email, please give us a call
    at 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482) for assistance.

Remember your order is fully covered by StubHub's FanProtect Guarantee.

THREE IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER

1. This email is NOT a ticket for entry to the event.

2. Inspect your tickets as soon as you receive them. If you have
    any concerns, call us within 3 days -- better yet, right away!

- Are they the tickets you ordered?
    - Did you receive the correct number of tickets?
    - Are they for the right event?
    - Are the date and time correct?

3. 1.866.STUBHUB (1.866.788.2482)

TAKE OUR TOLL-FREE NUMBER (AND YOUR TICKETS) TO THE EVENT

Though highly unlikely, if you (or the recipient of the
    tickets) have any problems with the tickets or the venue, give
    us a call right away and we will assist you immediately.
    Because we re not affiliated with the venue, please do not go
    to the venue ticket office.

Remember, your tickets are fully covered by StubHub's
    FanProtect(tm) Guarantee.

ORDER INFORMATION
    Order #: xxxxxxxxxx
    Order Date: 10-21-2010

Event: NL Championship Series Tickets: San Francisco Giants at Philadelphia Phillies - Game 7 (Home Game 4 - If Necessary)
    Venue: Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA
    Date: 10-24-2010 07:55 PM EST
    (Event time subject to change. Check local listings.)

Quantity: 2
    Section: Terrace Deck 42x
    Row: 1
    Seats: 1x,1x

BILLING INFORMATION

Price Per Ticket: $199.00
    Quantity: x 2
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    pjhawks wrote:

his 2 worst moves of the night were in the pitching game: using Contreras for one batter in the 5th. you cannot use a pitcher for one batter in the 5th inning of a playoff game. 2ndly having Bastardo (our 2nd worst pitcher on the roster) pitch to Posey giving up a hit then bringing Madson in - why not just bring Madson in for Posey? These 2 moves make absolutely no sense. I swear he has no idea how to look ahead and think how each move will affect the next move. just brutal tonight (as was everyone else).

not bunting rollins with werth on 2nd and no outs in the top of the 8th was the worst move of the night. that was inexcusable.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:
    Have my season tix for saturday...Just bought my game 7 tickets on stubhub. let's go boys, get it back to philly. The Fixer will bring home another pennant.

Good luck, man! It is looking very doubtful at this point, though..
  • Brutal loss. I have tixx for Game 7, but just hoping we can get one tonight. This is why we traded Cliff Lee away, right? So we have a guy who can stave off elimination. Do your job Doc.

Maybe they can take some inspiration from these guys...

alg_flyers_bruins.jpg
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    giant_fork_poster-p228309152703311084t5wm_400.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    win tonight with cy young on the mound....then we just need to win 2 at home with our other two aces.

all is not lost gentlemen. one game at a time. halladay's NOT losing two in a row.

see you on saturday.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I am not a fan of blaming the manager. These are big league players and sure the manager may give them a little better or worse chance to win based on his decisions but it has to be on the players. Oswalt simply didn't get enough outs.
    win tonight with cy young on the mound....then we just need to win 2 at home with our other two aces.

all is not lost gentlemen. one game at a time. halladay's NOT losing two in a row.

see you on saturday.

This is like Schilling in Game 5 of the 1993 World Series - we don't need much just a complete game shut out. Totally expect Halladay to pitch a gem, can't see him giving up more than 1 tonight. I think he dominates from pitch one (hopefully we can score at least 1 though). At some point we need to hit a home run. all well and good that Howard is hitting for average and doubles but he gets paid to hit home runs. we need it tonight. win tonight with your ace and bring it home boys.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

see you on saturday.

yea but cy young 1 a is also pitching

tough situations for both east coast teams
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjhawks wrote:

see you on saturday.

This is like Schilling in Game 5 of the 1993 World Series - we don't need much just a complete game shut out. Totally expect Halladay to pitch a gem, can't see him giving up more than 1 tonight. I think he dominates from pitch one (hopefully we can score at least 1 though). At some point we need to hit a home run. all well and good that Howard is hitting for average and doubles but he gets paid to hit home runs. we need it tonight. win tonight with your ace and bring it home boys.

Howard has the most homers off Lincecum - need a big splash from him tonight.

Now someone needs to hit Posey on the wrist. :mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:

see you on saturday.

Howard has the most homers off Lincecum - need a big splash from him tonight.

Now someone needs to hit Posey on the wrist. :mrgreen:

for some reason i am extremely confident about game 5. after last night, that sounds weird. but it's how i feel. this is the game halladay dreamed about when he signed here.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.