***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    anyone else realize the phils have now won 37 of their last 44 games? you heard that right. they are on a 37-7 streak.

.841 winning percentage. :o

MONSTER.

Don't care. As long as they win 8 more games before losing 8 more, then we'll have all the time in the world to talk about accomplishments. As I see it, and I'll say it over and over again - let's not start sucking each other's D's just yet....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    anyone else realize the phils have now won 37 of their last 44 games? you heard that right. they are on a 37-7 streak.

MONSTER.

Don't care. As long as they win 8 more games before losing 8 more, then we'll have all the time in the world to talk about accomplishments. As I see it, and I'll say it over and over again - let's not start sucking each other's D's just yet....

nonsense. with all this downtime we need at least a day or two to bask in our awesomeness. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    500x_oswalt_01.jpg
    500x_oswalt_01.jpg

yeah i saw that. i love how loose they are.

kinda looks like the joker there...
    www.myspace.com
    CANNOT BELIEVE I gotta go to a wedding on Saturday. This place better have a TV.....somewhere.

And did anyone see this? Ridiculous. I love this fuckin' guy.

http://cintrontasteofsummer.com/
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    RW81233 wrote:
    can anyone explain to me why Chase Utley is still playing baseball if his hand, wrapped around a bat, is still usable after a 101 mph fastball "hit" him? This team reminds me of the Yankees circa '96-'00 when they were good enough as it was, AND every break seemed to go their way.

Yeah that was such HUGE break. The Reds would be well on their way to the pennant if not for that.
    what part of you were going to beat them anyway did you not read? my case for hatable winners and being unbearable has been made ;)
  • anyone else realize the phils have now won 37 of their last 44 games? you heard that right. they are on a 37-7 streak.

MONSTER.
    :o

I knew they have been on a roll but that REALLY puts it into perspective. I didn't realize it was that significant.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    young kid i work with went to penn st. this past weekend for the game

he was at a party and went up to a girl with a phillies hat and said yankees in her face

she slapped him in the mouth :lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • young kid i work with went to penn st. this past weekend for the game

he was at a party and went up to a girl with a phillies hat and said yankees in her face

Atta girl! :D

Pitching matchups in this Phils-Giants series are going to be sick. I'd say the key is, believe it or not, keep Burrell in the park. :o The Giants can't win 4 1-0 games.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    young kid i work with went to penn st. this past weekend for the game

that girl is a keeper.

Halladay-Lincecum
    Oswalt(?)-Cain
    Hamels(?)-Sanchez

sick pitching matchups. going to be a crazy close series. phils offense should be much better than Giants though. The crappy scary weather in SF (although been nice there so far) scares me a bit. hate playing games out there.
    yea seems like a good girl for you cats

i wish i had it on tape
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    any idea what time game 1 will be? there's two games that day so i am thinking either 4 or 8 ish....

also--do you guys anticipate stubhub prices to drop by day of? i know fixer lucked out with that last week. i think i have the cheapest friends known to man....
    www.myspace.com
    edited October 2010

i wish i had it on tape

Yeah, bad move on your boy's part - a) because chick's can get away with murder, b) not a great pickup line c) sounds like my kind of Philly girl. :thumbup:

It was homecoming up at PSU this past weekend. I was suppose to go up for a bachelor party if I wasn't broke. Love that town. The gawd damn debauchery that goes on up there is monumental.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    any idea what time game 1 will be? there's two games that day so i am thinking either 4 or 8 ish....

also--do you guys anticipate stubhub prices to drop by day of? i know fixer lucked out with that last week. i think i have the cheapest friends known to man....

The game is definitely at 730 - or at least thats when everything starts on Fox on Saturday. I gotta go to a stupid wedding, all the while trying to figure out how I'm going to watch it. :think:

Stub hub prices usually drop like at the time of the game. Same thing with getting tix outside the park.

i wish i had it on tape

Yeah, bad move on your boy's part - a) because chick's can get away with murder, b) not a great pickup line c) sounds like kind of Philly girl. :thumbup:

It was homecoming up at PSU this past weekend. I was suppose to go up for a bachelor party if I wasn't broke. Love that town. The gawd damn debauchery that goes on up there is monumental.

so i heard

he went to the girls lacrosse teams party or something

said it was off the charts

ahhh to be young again
    so i heard

ahhh to be young again

Young once, immature forever. :mrgreen:
    so i heard

ahhh to be young again

Young once, immature forever. :mrgreen:

true dat

The game is definitely at 730 - or at least thats when everything starts on Fox on Saturday. I gotta go to a stupid wedding, all the while trying to figure out how I'm going to watch it. :think:

Stub hub prices usually drop like at the time of the game. Same thing with getting tix outside the park.

the Daily News last week listed 8:00 for saturday and sunday and 4:00 for game 3 tuesday BUT now it says TBD so who the f. knows - if the Yankees play all their games in prime time again i'm going to scream - fthem and their fans.
    Game 1 - SF @ PHI Saturday, October 16 FOX 7:30 PM
    Game 2 - SF @ PHI Sunday, October 17 FOX 8:00 PM
    Game 3 - PHI @ SF Tuesday, October 19 FOX 4:00 PM
    Game 4 - PHI @ SF Wednesday, October 20 FOX 7:30 PM
    Game 5* - PHI @ SF Thursday, October 21 FOX 7:30 PM
    Game 6* - SF @ PHI Saturday, October 23 FOX 3:30 PM
    Game 7* - SF @ PHI Sunday, October 24 FOX 7:30 PM

Boom.
    Game 1 - SF @ PHI Saturday, October 16 FOX 7:30 PM
    Game 2 - SF @ PHI Sunday, October 17 FOX 8:00 PM
    Game 3 - PHI @ SF Tuesday, October 19 FOX 4:00 PM
    Game 4 - PHI @ SF Wednesday, October 20 FOX 7:30 PM
    Game 5* - PHI @ SF Thursday, October 21 FOX 7:30 PM
    Game 6* - SF @ PHI Saturday, October 23 FOX 3:30 PM
    Game 7* - SF @ PHI Sunday, October 24 FOX 7:30 PM

Boom.

4pm on a weekday? F that.

well time to email the scheduling department again....
    www.myspace.com
    Who ever goes to the game on Saturday, bring your paddles...FAH Q.

paddles?
    www.myspace.com

paddles?

Dazed and Confused-style. "FAH-Q" paddles - Mitch Kramer is gonna get spanked. I would love to see a bunch of Ben Affleck-esque assholes waving paddles at him, "C'mon, Mitch, you can get it now and get it over with!". Ben Affleck's only good performance. Fact.

paddles?

Dazed and Confused-style. "FAH-Q" paddles - Mitch Kramer is gonna get spanked. I would love to see a bunch of Ben Affleck-esque assholes waving paddles at him, "C'mon, Mitch, you can get it now and get it over with!". Ben Affleck's only good performance. Fact.

i should be ashamed of myself for not geting the reference. well played.

however.............ben affleck did have one other good performance in his illustrius career and that lasted about 5 minutes in...boiler room. other than that, he's a complete dope. though i heard the town is pretty good.
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    pjhawks wrote:
    The crappy scary weather in SF (although been nice there so far) scares me a bit. hate playing games out there.
    october is one of the best months in SF. I'd say those games are more likely to be played in "baseball weather" than those in philly.

you won't bait me into trash talking because the phils are the class of the NL, but......

GO GIANTS!!! FEAR THE BEARD!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    paddles?

i should be ashamed of myself for not geting the reference. well played.

however.............ben affleck did have one other good performance in his illustrius career and that lasted about 5 minutes in...boiler room. other than that, he's a complete dope. though i heard the town is pretty good.

I gotta say, though, he's a decent director - Gone Baby Gone is excellent.
    imalive wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The crappy scary weather in SF (although been nice there so far) scares me a bit. hate playing games out there.
    october is one of the best months in SF. I'd say those games are more likely to be played in "baseball weather" than those in philly.

you won't bait me into trash talking because the phils are the class of the NL, but......

not fear but a healthy respect. no doubt your pitching matches up but i'll take almost every position player for the Phils over their counterpart for the Giants. Only Buster Posey has an argument for being a better player than his Phils counterpart, although it's iffy beause Chooch is a great catcher and clutch hitter. I know one thing, if the Giants do win the series they will earn it. Phils won't give it to them. Give us your best shot San Francisco.
    pjhawks wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

not fear but a healthy respect. no doubt your pitching matches up but i'll take almost every position player for the Phils over their counterpart for the Giants. Only Buster Posey has an argument for being a better player than his Phils counterpart, although it's iffy beause Chooch is a great catcher and clutch hitter. I know one thing, if the Giants do win the series they will earn it. Phils won't give it to them. Give us your best shot San Francisco.

Chooch is definitely better defensively, and while Buster is a better pure hitter, it doesn't get any more clutch than Senor Octubre'.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    pjhawks wrote:

sadly, you're right :roll:
    circa 2009 Panda would have been good for us...not the current fat, defensively challenged clown who will swing at anything.
    still......if panda and uribe could just get in a groove....we need every one of our guys to have the week of their lives...some of these guys can hurt you, but they were mostly no-shows vs. atlanta. thank god for cody ross! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So it looks like they're throwing Sanchez in game 2. I think that's a mistake for them. Even though our lineup is fairly left handed, we hit against lefties just as well and I think pitching him in a smaller park is not good for them. Oh, also, in our ballpark I could see this dude shitting his pants. He just has that look. CC shit his pants, and this dude is definitely not CC.

With that said, if I were the Phils, I'd do the same with Hamels.
This discussion has been closed.