***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

h burb's a cool little town. i got a couple buddies who live up there.

eh...you're closer to bmore than philly. capitol city is weak. nice numbers on your road
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Wonder how Oswalt is gonna follow Halladay's game? Perfect game? :D

So everyone ready for the parade in a few weeks?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Love that franzke got the call and not Krueger

Unbelievable. The tone has been set
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Charlie Manuel has an IQ of 12. I am embarrassed that he makes more money than I will ever make.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Charlie Manuel has an IQ of 12. I am embarrassed that he makes more money than I will ever make.

oh man...now you did it

been a while...this thread has been too quiet
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

oh man...now you did it

been a while...this thread has been too quiet
    again lol @ both post
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    FUCK.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC is fuckn sick holy shit. What a perfomance by the doctor tonight. Im floored with this guy,words can't describe how good he truly is,poor toronto.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:

eh...you're closer to bmore than philly. capitol city is weak. nice numbers on your road

well, uh, yeah. i'm not talking about the proximity to philly. :lol: the geography is what it is.

just saying i've had some good times up there though.
    www.myspace.com
    Wonder how Oswalt is gonna follow Halladay's game? Perfect game? :D

So everyone ready for the parade in a few weeks?

everyone loves one. :mrgreen:

in all seriousness, you cannot put that kind of pressure on roy jr. a 1 hitter is more realistic. :lol:

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Fixer wrote:

The burg is ok. I'm only 1.5 hours from bmore and philly. 2.5 from nyc so it is a decent location.

It does suck that I get all the B-more stations, though. I have Directv for the Sunday ticket and can't even get Comcast for the Phils games.The local sports package they offer has MASN and MASN2 and a few other shit stations. Hell, I get WGN and can watch Cubs/Sox more often than the Phillies.

Oh well, we have a nice piece of property living in a smaller town....

Go Phillies!
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC is fuckn sick holy shit. What a perfomance by the doctor tonight. Im floored with this guy,words can't describe how good he truly is,poor toronto.
    The bad part here in Toronto, is that for 9 seasons we saw how brilliant he was, but we just couldn't seem to build a team around him. This city is happy for him now.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    The bad part here in Toronto, is that for 9 seasons we saw how brilliant he was, but we just couldn't seem to build a team around him. This city is happy for him now.
    and this Year, the Phillies have 5 Million hosers cheering for them
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    and this Year, the Phillies have 5 Million hosers cheering for them

Who you callin' hosers? lol I'd rather have many people cheering than have 10 or 15 people in the stands like at Tropicana Field in Tampa. :lol::lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    congrats doc!! ... everyone in toronto is hoping you get your ring! ... i'd put the phillies as probably my least favourite team outside the yanks and red sox so - it's saying something about doc to want him to win the world series ...

as for toronto ... our biggest problem is we play in the toughest division in baseball ... we would have likely been back in the post-season if we were in any other division ... but alas ....
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    polaris_x wrote:
    congrats doc!! ... everyone in toronto is hoping you get your ring! ... i'd put the phillies as probably my least favourite team outside the yanks and red sox so - it's saying something about doc to want him to win the world series ...

as for toronto ... our biggest problem is we play in the toughest division in baseball ... we would have likely been back in the post-season if we were in any other division ... but alas ....

national league u cats would be a favorite with the phils
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

we won like 86 games playing most of those games against arguably the 3 best teams in the AL ... heck - even baltimore had a winning record against the Central and West divisions ...

at least, it's good to see the Rays do well ...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    polaris_x wrote:

we won like 86 games playing most of those games against arguably the 3 best teams in the AL ... heck - even baltimore had a winning record against the Central and West divisions ...

i said all year the jays are stuck in the wrong place

any other division in baseball they would 95 wins and a playoff spot
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    polaris_x wrote:

i said all year the jays are stuck in the wrong place

any other division in baseball they would 95 wins and a playoff spot

i say in 2-3 years the jays make it to the playoffs and win the division. the rays can't afford there players and i am hoping the jays try to spend some money. anyway, great work Doc.
    polaris_x wrote:

Dude, you know this sentiment holds no water right? I hate the argument of "if you were in the NL" thing. I'm not gonna get into this too much, but I could go all day how the whole argument is useless. AL to NL is apples to oranges. The AL is not clearly better. The two leagues are played in completely different ways. Such as your #9 hitter is a professional hitter while in the NL that guy is a professional pitcher. Huge difference. NL teams are constructed entirely different from the AL - mindset is different, everything.

And I'm not just saying the following because my squad plays in the NL, but the NL is far and above much more strategic.

And on an unrelated note, Fixer, same here about Franzke. Soooo glad those guys got to call it. Here's to hoping that this is the opportunity they get to prove they belong on television. They should at least get the middle innings as a transition into taking over.
    polaris_x wrote:

Dude, you know this sentiment holds no water right? I hate the argument of "if you were in the NL" thing. I'm not gonna get into this too much, but I could go all day how the whole argument is useless. AL to NL is apples to oranges. The AL is not clearly better. The two leagues are played in completely different ways. Such as your #9 hitter is a professional hitter while in the NL that guy is a professional pitcher. Huge difference. NL teams are constructed entirely different from the AL - mindset is different, everything.

And I'm not just saying the following because my squad plays in the NL, but the NL is far and above much more strategic.
    r.

its not worthy trying to talk any sense. you have to consider the source.
    www.myspace.com
    also jp---to tie into the announcer thing, i posted this in the mlb thread but it got lost. these two are phenomenal together:

---
    dude....the ride home during the first couple innings was an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT. franske and la, if given the proper chance by the phils, could be remembered in similar light as harry and whitey many years down the road. i almost prefer listening to the game on the radio than watching it because of those two.----
    www.myspace.com
    also jp---to tie into the announcer thing, i posted this in the mlb thread but it got lost. these two are phenomenal together:

---
    dude....the ride home during the first couple innings was an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT. franske and la, if given the proper chance by the phils, could be remembered in similar light as harry and whitey many years down the road. i almost prefer listening to the game on the radio than watching it because of those two.----

Word. There's this thing I found online that delays radio so you can sync up with the tv that I might buy. It's only like 40 bucks. To me that's invaluable just for this use alone.

I'm starting to get the itch to go roaming for tix for tomorrow. I can't help myself.

---

Word. There's this thing I found online that delays radio so you can sync up with the tv that I might buy. It's only like 40 bucks. To me that's invaluable just for this use alone.

I'm starting to get the itch to go roaming for tix for tomorrow. I can't help myself.

i will be down there with bells on...

also we were talking about that at work today. you could just dvr the game and rewind it slightly a couple minutes in to sync it up. i think i might try that on sunday night.
    www.myspace.com

---

also we were talking about that at work today. you could just dvr the game and rewind it slightly a couple minutes in to sync it up. i think i might try that on sunday night.

Unpossible. The radio is ahead of the tv. I know 1210 syncs up for the playoffs though - I know they did it at least or the World Series the past two years. God, that last part is weird to say.

Also, I want a "Double Roybow" shirt ASAP.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Done work at 5pm tomorrow heading right to the bar after work

Sunday get any better ? Football all day then the Phils at 7pm

:thumbup:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Funny how the Birds will be taking a back seat come Sunday night. Well, maybe if the Fightin's wrap things up early - say an 8 run lead - then it'll be a close tie.

Just watched the top of the ninth that I had my dad DVR while I was at the game. Love when Doc is being interviewed after the game and the entire crowd behind him is singing High Hopes. Good shit.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Funny how the Birds will be taking a back seat come Sunday night. Well, maybe if the Fightin's wrap things up early - say an 8 run lead - then it'll be a close tie.

Just watched the top of the ninth that I had my dad DVR while I was at the game. Love when Doc is being interviewed after the game and the entire crowd behind him is singing High Hopes. Good shit.

Yeah...absolutely....I see SF getting their first win this week

That's awesome....we will never see something like this ever again in our lifetime...something special
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Unpossible. The radio is ahead of the tv. I know 1210 syncs up for the playoffs though - I know they did it at least or the World Series the past two years. God, that last part is weird to say.

Also, I want a "Double Roybow" shirt ASAP.

you're right.

and is this what you were talking about? http://www.delayplay.com/
    www.myspace.com

it will be interesting to see what the ratings look like on monday. my hunch is the birds will still be slightly ahead. nothing is close to the nfl's popularity and most people i know will have 2 tv's going...
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.