***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    also jp---i heard 1210 commercial on the way down saying they synced up their sound to comcast's digital feed like the birds do on 610. no need to buy that contraption :mrgreen: .

this is definitely how i'm watching sunday's game.
    www.myspace.com
    "we've got high hopes as HK would say." - jayson werth.

how can anyone not love this team???
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Welp. It's beeen a looooong 24 hours. Don't give this team a second chance......ever.

Absolutely loved Charlie's response to being asked about whether Chase got hit.
    Awesome article - http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/08/sport ... imessports

Dude has caught a perfect game, a no hitter, and lead Lidge with his nasty slider in the dirt to a World Series. I think this is grounds for Little Roy to never shake him off ever again.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    well we will take it for sure. up 2-0, agree Jaegs this team has to be toast now.

funny not to see the Fixer on here - imagine if Howard made two atrocious errors in a playoff game like Chase did (as he did against the Dodgers last year) , his head would explode. thankfully Chase is an unbelievable base runner (although missed 3rd) - whether the ump missed the call at 2nd or not the only reason it was close was because Chase busted it down there.

how good is it to see Rolen suck and absoltely choke on a routine grounder? love it.

Let's get Cole to bang out a great game and bring it home early - no messin' around end it Sunday boys.

2 down and 9 to go - they don't ask how just how many.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Why did MLB put the Phillies game at the same time as the Eagles game? scratchhead.gif

At first they had it at 7, then yesterday they moved it to 8. Makes no sense. Unfortunately I won't be watching either. I'll be at The Gorillaz concert. Well hopefully they win. GO PHILLS!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Seeing as the Jays haven't made it to the postseason since '93 I've not seen a playoff game ever or really paid much attention to baseball come October. However I'd like to see the Doc win a world series - so GO PHILLIES
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
  • Why did MLB put the Phillies game at the same time as the Eagles game? scratchhead.gif

At first they had it at 7, then yesterday they moved it to 8. Makes no sense. Unfortunately I won't be watching either. I'll be at The Gorillaz concert. Well hopefully they win. GO PHILLS!

They moved it to 8 because there's no Yankees game tonight. I was excited about that 7 start. Now have to stay up to midnight and go to work tomorrow. Oh well, at least it's not 10pm like last year.

Let's go Cole - do what you do!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    all aboard the cole train....

LET''S DO THIS...
    www.myspace.com
  • all aboard the cole train....

LET''S DO THIS...

what a great night for Philly sports...GO PHILLIES!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    utley, rollins, howard, victorino and chooch are all making their 33rd straight postseason start tonight. this is the first time in major league baseball history one team has had 5 players do that.

ladies and gentlemen: that is impressive.
    www.myspace.com
    this is vintage hamels right now.

joey votto looks good this series. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    those poor Red fans chearing for outs cause they have no offense to chear about
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    you gotta pinch hit there. cole's fastball was a tad slower and they were hitting it hard last inning. that extra run is huge. oh well

come on cole......dig deep buddy...
    www.myspace.com
    OLD.
    HAT.

this team is a MONSTER.

see you saturday. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Movin' on...

Jamie-Moyer.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Movin' on...

Jamie-Moyer.jpg

funny--when tbs first went to the locker room the first guy they showed spraying campaign....none other than danys baez. like he had a lot to do with it :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    3 down 8 to go. Flat out awesome effort by Cole. Was kind of surprised Charlie brought him out for the 9th but he deserved it. 1st two pitches to Votto in the 9th were perfect unhittable pitches. Hopefully he continues to pitch with that chip on his shoulder because of last year.

Offense not great, only Utley really hit the ball hard. Howard and Werth really didn't hit anything remotely hard all series. Gonna need them next series.

How great was it to see Scott Rolen totally suck and choke? Love it, hate that guy. Two errors and awful hitting by Scott. Perfect ending to see him strike out.

Would love to have the Braves win tonight so no Lincecum in game 1. Could be Halladay-Linceucum saturday night. Going to be fun. Keep it going boys.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    OLD.
    HAT.

this team is a MONSTER.

Monster? The pitching was great but they hit .212 for the series and were handed one game. Philles are going to be tough to beat but they are also going to have to play a whole lot better than that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    OLD.
    HAT.

this team is a MONSTER.

Monster? The pitching was great but they hit .212 for the series and were handed one game. Philles are going to be tough to beat but they are also going to have to play a whole lot better than that.

MONSTER.

definitely gotta hit better. but this series goes to show that even if we don't, the best pitching in the league will carry us. hit .212 and still swept. MONSTER :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    OLD.
    HAT.

this team is a MONSTER.

MONSTER.

definitely gotta hit better. but this series goes to show that even if we don't, the best pitching in the league will carry us. hit .212 and still swept. MONSTER :mrgreen:

4 wins away from being the 1st NL team in 70some years to make 3 straight World Series. wow - that has to be considered a MONSTER - agree Jaegs. This is by far the best team we've had and the best team in Philly since the 83 Sixers. This team with this pitching is way better than 2008.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This has been by far the craziest ride ever,this team is nuts. I love that we don't hit for shit and still sweep the so-called best nl offensive. Are top 3 will be too much for anyone to handle in a 7 game series. I'd rather face Atl but think it will be SF. Here's to another great series and too another NL title. I see a great BIG party ahead for this team in Nov.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    OLD.
    HAT.

this team is a MONSTER.

212 :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Look I know you guys are the best team in the NL, and that Cincy's only chance at winning that series was for 3 tommy johns to happen to your three starters, but can anyone explain to me why Chase Utley is still playing baseball if his hand, wrapped around a bat, is still usable after a 101 mph fastball "hit" him? This team reminds me of the Yankees circa '96-'00 when they were good enough as it was, AND every break seemed to go their way. I hate it when Philly has a reason to be happy, the city is far more fun when you're all hatable losers. Hatable winners just makes you unbearable...haha.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Look I know you guys are the best team in the NL, and that Cincy's only chance at winning that series was for 3 tommy johns to happen to your three starters, but can anyone explain to me why Chase Utley is still playing baseball if his hand, wrapped around a bat, is still usable after a 101 mph fastball "hit" him? This team reminds me of the Yankees circa '96-'00 when they were good enough as it was, AND every break seemed to go their way. I hate it when Philly has a reason to be happy, the city is far more fun when you're all hatable losers. Hatable winners just makes you unbearable...haha.

well because it just glanced him haha - to me it does look like the ball changes directions on that pitch whether it hit him or not.

as for Philly fans having a reason to be happy - it's kind of scary because we are not used to being so damn good. in the 25 year strecth from 1983 to 2008 without a championship in this city every time we made a final we were pretty much decided underdogs, so to have a team so favored is really unchartered territory for us. Even 2008 most pundits picked the rays over us. I know personally I am absolutely loving every second of this team and franchise right now because it is historic for philly and possibly the NL - and frankly amazing runs like this don't happy in philly. so let us enjoy it and bask in it (as long as we act in a classy manner as winners, unlike lots of other places).

go PHILS
  • RW81233 wrote:
    can anyone explain to me why Chase Utley is still playing baseball if his hand, wrapped around a bat, is still usable after a 101 mph fastball "hit" him? This team reminds me of the Yankees circa '96-'00 when they were good enough as it was, AND every break seemed to go their way.

Yeah that was such HUGE break. The Reds would be well on their way to the pennant if not for that.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Two things to know about this team - 1. don't give them a second chance or you're fucked, and 2. you're fucked anyway because this team will do enough to win a ballgame.

Don't like 6 days off. I thought they were going to start moving shit up this year if both teams got done ahead of schedule, which should happen tonight with San Fran. But, either way, 3 days or 6 days, isn't going to bother Doc. Plus, I guess Jimmy and Bonk could use the rest.
    RW81233 wrote:

this makes me happy.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!

Nice way to close it out Cole

The O-Fence definitely needs to pick it up moving forward

Giants-Braves....not sure I care much who we play but the Giants definitely have the horses
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    anyone else realize the phils have now won 37 of their last 44 games? you heard that right. they are on a 37-7 streak.

.841 winning percentage. :o

MONSTER.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.