***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Rosters don't need to be set until 10 am Wednesday.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JP, what time you heading down there tomorrow? I know a dude that's bartending at mcfaddens tomorrow. Id much rather tailgate, but if it rains I will be inside. He hooks it up, we practically drink for free. If you don't have a huge group you can get in on that.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Full time schedule announced for NLDS
    Major League Baseball released the remainder of the schedule for the playoffs...sort of. There are still some possible changes.

We do know this: The Phillies and Eagles will be going head-to-head on Sunday night. The Eagles are in San Francisco for a night game and the Phillies will play Game 3 on Sunday night in Cincinnati.

The schedule:

Game 1 (Citizens Bank Park) -- Wednesday at 5:07 p.m.
    Game 2 (Citizens Bank Park) -- Friday at 6:07 p.m.
    Game 3 (Great American Ballpark) -- Sunday at 7:07 p.m. (but shifts to 8:07 p.m. if the Minnesota/New York series is over)
    Game 4 (Great American Ballpark) -- Monday at 5:07 p.m. (but shifts to 7:37 p.m. if San Francisco/Atlanta series is over)
    Game 5 (Citizens Bank Park) -- Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 6:07 p.m. (but shifts to 8:07 p.m. if San Francisco/Atlanta series is over)

Also, the umpiring crew for the series was announced: John Hirschbeck will be the crew chief. Bruce Dreckman, Sam Holbrook, Ed Rapuano, Gary Cederstrom and Rob Drake will comprise Hirschbeck's crew
    www.myspace.com
    Major League Baseball released the remainder of the schedule for the playoffs...sort of. There are still some possible changes.

We do know this: The Phillies and Eagles will be going head-to-head on Sunday night. The Eagles are in San Francisco for a night game and the Phillies will play Game 3 on Sunday night in Cincinnati.

The schedule:

Game 3 (Great American Ballpark) -- Sunday at 7:07 p.m. (but shifts to 8:07 p.m. if the Minnesota/New York series is over)
    Game 4 (Great American Ballpark) -- Monday at 5:07 p.m. (but shifts to 7:37 p.m. if San Francisco/Atlanta series is over)
    Game 5 (Citizens Bank Park) -- Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 6:07 p.m. (but shifts to 8:07 p.m. if San Francisco/Atlanta series is over)

Also, the umpiring crew for the series was announced: John Hirschbeck will be the crew chief. Bruce Dreckman, Sam Holbrook, Ed Rapuano, Gary Cederstrom and Rob Drake will comprise Hirschbeck's crew

that blows. I was hoping the phils would be at 4 on sunday. oh well.

The Fixer will be in St Maarten watching the games and drinking rum by the gallon. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to be wasted to watch the eagles on sunday night. tough spot for them
    The Fixer wrote:

The schedule:

that blows. I was hoping the phils would be at 4 on sunday. oh well.

The Fixer will be in St Maarten watching the games and drinking rum by the gallon. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to be wasted to watch the eagles on sunday night. tough spot for them

yeah san fran def needs it more. that time absolutely sucks
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    JP, what time you heading down there tomorrow? I know a dude that's bartending at mcfaddens tomorrow. Id much rather tailgate, but if it rains I will be inside. He hooks it up, we practically drink for free. If you don't have a huge group you can get in on that.

Ohhhhhh shiiiiit.

So far I know tailgating before the game is at least me and my buddy, but there could possibly be 5 of us if we meet up with these other dudes.

I got so excited that I forgot you asked what time I was heading down - think I'm gonna leave West Chester around 1:30 so I should be in FDR around 2:15/30.
  • The little boy, Johnny III, arrived on Sunday night, so I'm off all week. Lots of baseball playoff viewing gonna be going on here!

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be one of those brutally disappointing Philadelphia teams? It's just set up too perfectly, like the 2002 NFC Championship Game or a bunch of those Flyers teams.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The little boy, Johnny III, arrived on Sunday night, so I'm off all week. Lots of baseball playoff viewing gonna be going on here!

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be one of those brutally disappointing Philadelphia teams? It's just set up too perfectly, like the 2002 NFC Championship Game or a bunch of those Flyers teams.

Congrats buddy...I hope everyone is doing well.

As to your 2nd point...I'm not saying you're right, but I think this town is way too confident. You can't just assume this team is gonna be in the WS. They are absolutely the favorite, but nothing is a given in the playoffs. I've been searching for reasons to not get too confident...I even referenced past flyers and eagles teams from the late 90s and 00s.

As a philly fan I always wear a cup...I've been kicked in the balls way too many times when I least expected it
    The Fixer wrote:
    The little boy, Johnny III, arrived on Sunday night, so I'm off all week. Lots of baseball playoff viewing gonna be going on here!

As to your 2nd point...I'm not saying you're right, but I think this town is way too confident. You can't just assume this team is gonna be in the WS. They are absolutely the favorite, but nothing is a given in the playoffs. I've been searching for reasons to not get too confident...I even referenced past flyers and eagles teams from the late 90s and 00s.

As a philly fan I always wear a cup...I've been kicked in the balls way too many times when I least expected it

As been said - ANYTHING can happen in a 5 game series. No reason to get too confident until up by 2 games. Until then, cautiously optimistic.

Glad to see Brown make the roster. Love the 7 man bench.
    The Fixer wrote:

congrats johnny a!

the only way we lose is if we don't play up to our capabilities....which is entirely possible, though, with how our bats can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. that is my only concern. i see us taking it in 5.

regarding the fans being over confident: confidence levels are through the roof, sure, but that is to be expected. best record in baseball and odds on favorites to win the whole thing again breed that kind of confidence. it was kind of the same thing last year, even with that rotation.

also i love that we're this confident. '08 gave us a 'lil giddy up to our step. it was much deserved and this team's a beast. so roll with it :mrgreen:

by the way---rosters are set. both hobb nobber and d brown made the cut.....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Roster_is_set.html
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    There's a new craft beer store with mix and match six packs in the riverview plaza on Delaware. Same people that own the distributor on 2nd and Washington.
    Looooong day ahead of me tomorrow. Getting as giddy as a kid on Christmas. Phils World Series Champs hoodie. Check. Halladay jersey. Check. Phils cap. Check. Tailgate chairs. Check. 30 of Miller Lite. Check.

Now to get this stupid statistics project out of the way....

So I probably won't be back on here until I'm back from the game, so I guess I'll see yous on the flip side

.........get it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05Qot_yh9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywWacifJcBg
    Looooong day ahead of me tomorrow. Getting as giddy as a kid on Christmas. Phils World Series Champs hoodie. Check. Halladay jersey. Check. Phils cap. Check. Tailgate chairs. Check. 30 of Miller Lite. Check.

Now to get this stupid statistics project out of the way....

So I probably won't be back on here until I'm back from the game, so I guess I'll see yous on the flip side

.........get it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05Qot_yh9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywWacifJcBg

I'm so glad you didn't add rally towel to your list. We can still be friends
    let's do this. history awaits...

GO PHILS!!!!
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Come on boys bring it. Roy this is what you wanted, be the fucking man today. Let's jump on this team early and give them nothing. For you going have fun and bring the attitude boys.

GO PHILS
    Just got my tix. My plan of waiting until the morning of worked like a charm. I will be in Section 112, row 30

Put the women and children to bed...it's go time
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    Just got my tix. My plan of waiting until the morning of worked like a charm. I will be in Section 112, row 30

You getting the tix from the Phillies Box Office ?

Marcus Hayes of the Daily News picked the REDS

:roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

No, stubhub

Phils are now -315 in the series. If they lose it will be one of the biggest upsets of all time
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

No, stubhub

Phils are now -315 in the series. If they lose it will be one of the biggest upsets of all time

I know...he's always a prick hence the eye roll

Don't mind me asking what that set ya back ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Not at all. After the fees they rape you with me and a buddy paid $210. There are some good deals on there right now
  • Thanks for the well wishes. Mom & baby are doing great!

I did see Doc lose to the Reds this year... after pitching an 8 inning complete game. But give them credit, they came back and took it from him. I think he's gonna be the beast he is today. Can't wait!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Not at all. After the fees they rape you with me and a buddy paid $210. There are some good deals on there right now

thats per ticket right?
    www.myspace.com
    polanco's not in the lineup today.

heads need to roll when we get another shot at hudson....

:x

---edit, he is out due to a sore back, not the elbow..
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

thats per ticket right?

nah, they were $95 a ticket

saw that polanco is out. that fucking blows

heading down now...hopefully I can bring home a win.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

thats per ticket right?

nah, they were $95 a ticket

saw that polanco is out. that fucking blows

heading down now...hopefully I can bring home a win.

son of a bitch.... :x :lol:
    have fun--go fightns
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    i thought it was always sunny in philadelphia :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Doesn't matter if it's sunny or not for Roy. I think he's gonna throw a no-hitter!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Doesn't matter if it's sunny or not for Roy. I think he's gonna throw a no-hitter!

Think.? :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I actually met Halladay at a Wawa in Media last month. He was in line behind me buying a coffee. I told him how it was great to have him on the team and he told me he couldn't be happier to be here because he'll finally get to play in the playoffs. Well he's there now...and he's on the verge of making history.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:

Think.? :roll:

Nah, an umpire will probably blow a call in the end...
This discussion has been closed.