***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    kudos to manuel/dubee for going with oswalt in game 2. I'd rather have oswalt than hamels in a game 5.

is it wednesday yet?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    The Fixer wrote:
    kudos to manuel/dubee for going with oswalt in game 2. I'd rather have oswalt than hamels in a game 5.

is it wednesday yet?

Yeah, Roy says he loves the mound there. Still holding out hope that Wednesday isn't a day game. Please, God, stop screwing us.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    The Fixer wrote:

is it wednesday yet?

Yeah, Roy says he loves the mound there. Still holding out hope that Wednesday isn't a day game. Please, God, stop screwing us.

Well, I can assure you it won't be the last game of the day.
    The Fixer wrote:

is it wednesday yet?

I want to go on wednesday so I'm hoping for an afternoon game. I figure tix for an afternoon game will be cheaper and easier to get my hands on
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

is it wednesday yet?

I want to go on wednesday so I'm hoping for an afternoon game. I figure tix for an afternoon game will be cheaper and easier to get my hands on

What time were the games last year? 1, 4 and 8?

Yankees will be on at 8 I would imagine, I think it would be tough to have them start a game at noon in Minnesota if Tampa wins the WC but I would also think MLB would much prefer to have the Phillies on as late as possible.
    are there 2 AL or NL games on Wednesday? If it's 2 NL games the phils will be the early game, yanks in prime time, and SF late I would imagine
    The Fixer wrote:
    are there 2 AL or NL games on Wednesday? If it's 2 NL games the phils will be the early game, yanks in prime time, and SF late I would imagine

2 AL games.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

2 AL games.

oh that's right, the phils had the choice to start on wed or thurs. I'm an idiot.

so there will be a game in Minnesota and a game in NY/TB right? Should be interesting to see how the times shake out. If I had to guess whoever TB plays will be the earliest start.

Man, I can't wait for next week...playoff baseball is the best. I like to bet on series...I am going large on whoever draws the twins
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

2 AL games.

oh that's right, the phils had the choice to start on wed or thurs. I'm an idiot.

so there will be a game in Minnesota and a game in NY/TB right? Should be interesting to see how the times shake out. If I had to guess whoever TB plays will be the earliest start.

Man, I can't wait for next week...playoff baseball is the best. I like to bet on series...I am going large on whoever draws the twins

Yeah, I am thinking the Tampa game is going to be the early one.

I am pumped, baseball in general is the best, playoffs are awesome. You know I don't think the Twins are all they are cracked up to be.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I am pumped, baseball in general is the best, playoffs are awesome. You know I don't think the Twins are all they are cracked up to be.

Totally agree. I will take the baseball playoffs over any other sporting event (march madness, bowl games, NFL playoffs).

Best part about betting against the twins is that they will probably be favored vs any team other than the yanks...so I should get good value.
  • SPOILER ALERT! ;) Phils up 2-1.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Missanelli on the post game said he's hearing rumblings of a 4 o clock start, which isnt terrible. As long as it's not 1. That way at least I'm only missing two classes in sacrifice of my drinking time. The only thing that suffers for me during the playoffs is my liver. I'm more strung out during baseball playoffs than all the other sports combined. I MUST have a beer in my hand at all times. Man, I can't wait. I love this shit.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Missanelli on the post game said he's hearing rumblings of a 4 o clock start, which isnt terrible. As long as it's not 1. That way at least I'm only missing two classes in sacrifice of my drinking time. The only thing that suffers for me during the playoffs is my liver. I'm more strung out during baseball playoffs than all the other sports combined. I MUST have a beer in my hand at all times. Man, I can't wait. I love this shit.

Try a Xanax cheaper and less pissing
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Meh. Never really been my thing. I've tried taking a shit load and still doesn't do it for me. Plus, I'm not saying I don't enjoy my drinking problem. :thumbup:

Meh. Never really been my thing. I've tried taking a shit load and still doesn't do it for me. Plus, I'm not saying I don't enjoy my drinking problem. :thumbup:

Whatever blows your hair back :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

did he say anything about game 2?

i so wanna jump on these tickets right now but cant till we know the times. so frustrating...
    www.myspace.com

did he say anything about game 2?

i so wanna jump on these tickets right now but cant till we know the times. so frustrating...

Game 2 will definitely not be an early game. There's only two games on Friday.

Also, I can't wait for TBS' broadcasting. :roll:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Love watching Charlie's boyz bash the Braves with nothing to play for. It's like "We're your daddy, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Come on Red Sox - magic # is 1 to beat Yankees for best record in MLB in Twenty-Ten!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Love watching Charlie's boyz bash the Braves with nothing to play for. It's like "We're your daddy, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Come on Red Sox - magic # is 1 to beat Yankees for best record in MLB in Twenty-Ten!

Yippe best record

You have home field don't worry

Although I do forget that this is very new territory for you cats so I guess I understand :lol:

15 years ago I was the same way ;)

Good luck
  • Love watching Charlie's boyz bash the Braves with nothing to play for. It's like "We're your daddy, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Yippe best record

Although I do forget that this is very new territory for you cats so I guess I understand :lol:

Good luck

Well, it's not really that new. We did go to the World Series the last 2 years. But you're right, Phillies have never had best record in baseball. One game behind Reds in 1976 and Royals in 1977. Worst we can do is tie for it this year. (which may be beneficial to allow the possibility of a 3-way tie and 2 more playoff games)

I'm not that worried, I know it doesn't mean anything. Gotta root for something when it's all wrapped up. :D

I think AJ may "get it done" for us tonight. :lol:

• Where is everybody?

Phillies clinch best record in baseball - first time in 128 year franchise history. :D Of course, it won't mean anything without a parade in early November.

Where is everybody?

Phillies clinch best record in baseball - first time in 128 year franchise history. :D Of course, it won't mean anything without a parade in early November.

It would have meant more if the All-Star game didn't determine home field. Selig and MLB have ruined best record and pennant races - the main purpose of a 162 game season.

Anyway, it's not like they won 116 games or somethin...

I'm just glad they're still playing with an edge when they're playing for nothing.
  • Where is everybody?

It would have meant more if the All-Star game didn't determine home field. Selig and MLB have ruined best record and pennant races - the main purpose of a 162 game season.

I'm just glad they're still playing with an edge when they're playing for nothing.

Mariners did that and it didn't mean shit because they got their asses kicked by the Yankees.

Best record has never meant anything. Before using the All Star Game, they just rotated home field between AL & NL (and worse yet in the 4 division days, between East & West divisions). I don't know if anything was ruined. Yeah, the Rays & Yankees aren't playing particularly hard this weekend, but this could be the 4th straight year with a tiebreaker at the end of the season. Plus a Rays-Yanks ALCS would be really entertaining, and that could never happen in the old system.

Love watching Charlie's boyz bash the Braves with nothing to play for. It's like "We're your daddy, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Yippe best record

Good luck

something's fishy when a yankee fan oooozes jealousy/sour grapes in every post he makes in a phillies thread.

i like it. :mrgreen::lol:

go. phils.
    www.myspace.com
    Where is everybody?

Mariners did that and it didn't mean shit because they got their asses kicked by the Yankees.

Best record has never meant anything. Before using the All Star Game, they just rotated home field between AL & NL (and worse yet in the 4 division days, between East & West divisions). I don't know if anything was ruined. Yeah, the Rays & Yankees aren't playing particularly hard this weekend, but this could be the 4th straight year with a tiebreaker at the end of the season. Plus a Rays-Yanks ALCS would be really entertaining, and that could never happen in the old system.

So.....you're agreeing with me that it doesn't mean shit?

Yippe best record

Good luck

something's fishy when a yankee fan oooozes jealousy/sour grapes in every post made in a phillies thread.

go. phils.

Neily - life is different when you don't just root for whoever the big market team is in every sport. Our favorite baseball team was the first to 10,000 losses (before anyone else even had 9,000) and once had 30 losing seasons in 31. So, yeah, when they finish with the best record in baseball, I'm going to get excited about it.

Yippe best record

Good luck

something's fishy when a yankee fan oooozes jealousy/sour grapes in every post made in a phillies thread.

go. phils.

Neily - life is different when you don't just root for whoever the big market team is in every sport. Our favorite baseball team was the first to 10,000 losses (before anyone else even had 9,000) and once had 30 losing seasons in 31. So, yeah, when they finish with the best record in baseball, I'm going to get excited about it.

and after that we'll go out and win our 2nd championship in 3 years. BANG. DONE.
    www.myspace.com
    (knock on wood)
  • So.....you're agreeing with me that it doesn't mean shit?

Yes, but I am still excited about it, because I'm a stat geek. :ugeek:

This discussion has been closed.