***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    metsfan wrote:

my have we forgetting all these shit philly teams of the 90's and 00's. jealous of your pity 4 straight division champs and a world series loss to the yankees and a world series win, thats funny. no im jealous of the yankees 27 worlds series and 40 pennats. when you get half of that then i'll be little jealous. it was a dickhead move by utley. if he woulda done that in the 60's-80's, he woulda beaned right square in the skull.

I haven't forgotten those teams. They just make this era of phils baseball even sweeter.

I don't think what utley did was dirty. He should have been thrown at though. Too bad no one on the mets pitching staff has any balls.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:

I haven't forgotten those teams. They just make this era of phils baseball even sweeter.

I don't think what utley did was dirty. He should have been thrown at though. Too bad no one on the mets pitching staff has any balls.
    mets felt silding into him woulda been better. to bad they had mr.whiffer do it. coulda had someone like duida or davis do it. someone whose bigger then beltran.

i don't mind the slide at all just that he didn't have to go hard into a rookie whose a twig
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

mets felt silding into him woulda been better. to bad they had mr.whiffer do it. coulda had someone like duida or davis do it. someone whose bigger then beltran.

i don't mind the slide at all just that he didn't have to go hard into a rookie whose a twig

I think Wally Backman and Lenny Dykstra would disagree with probably every Mets fan having a problem with that slide. Maybe if they had half the heart any of these 4 teams have had or your '86 team you'd have no problem with it. It's called grasping for straws is what it is. You play the game hard. Utley wouldn't care if the Blessed Virgin Mary was turning two at second base.

And the Phillies had only 2 losing seasons since 2000. So not a lot of "shitty" teams in the '00s, bud.

Onto better things.....3 more outs until this will happen - Since divisional play started in 1969, other than the Braves' crazy streak of 14 division titles, the Phils will be only the second NL team to win 4 straight division titles. That's an accomplishment they should be damn well proud of.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    woo-hoo, 7-0! 3 more outs to go :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Tom McCarthy ruins everything.

Glad to see them not get too excited about it - I mean the veterans who have been there the past three years. But extra glad to see those never there to finally get a chance such as Doc, Sweeney, the rooks.

And LOVE the following down to DC.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Halladay yeah! NL East Champs, NL east fucking champions :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Tom McCarthy ruins everything.

so true. as does wheels
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Tom McCarthy ruins everything.

so true. as does wheels

Yeah, that little pedophile must be in the locker room because I didn't hear him blabber on through the 9th at all. Though McCarthy still hasn't shut the fuck up.
    I'm requesting a chooch interview after every game. hilarious

EDIT: and a sweeney interview after every playoff game

I think Wally Backman and Lenny Dykstra would disagree with probably every Mets fan having a problem with that slide. Maybe if they had half the heart any of these 4 teams have had or your '86 team you'd have no problem with it. It's called grasping for straws is what it is. You play the game hard. Utley wouldn't care if the Blessed Virgin Mary was turning two at second base.

And the Phillies had only 2 losing seasons since 2000. So not a lot of "shitty" teams in the '00s, bud.
    like i said i don't have a problem with it but don't do it to a rookie whose a twig and whose playing for his entire career. what happens if utley woulda broken his leg and the kid is out all of next season and the mets move onto the next prospect. the mets problems is they got no leader(something wright should be) or a business like clubhouse.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    these are the glory days gentlemen....

BACK
    TO
    BACK
    TO
    BACK
    TO
    BACK

now on to bigger and better things......like taking our fucking crown back!!!!

GO PHILS!!! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I'm requesting a chooch interview after every game. hilarious

EDIT: and a sweeney interview after every playoff game

Yeah, definitely. Chooch starts with the hilarity material, followed by Sweeney making me swoon. That dude just seems like an awesome guy.
    nice of DC to loan their stadium to the phils fans tonight. messed up that they turned the lights off at the stadium though. I guess they didn't want too large of a celebration on their turf.
  • 4 straight NL East titles - only 2nd NL team in division era to win at least 4 straight! Amazing accomplishment.

So much for Doc being tired. Look out other playoff teams!

I'm not replying to silly sour grapes from Mets fans. Maybe their team can man up one of these years and make it interesting again.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    wait so we clinched home field too? is that right?
    www.myspace.com
  • wait so we clinched home field too? is that right?

I'm pretty sure. I think that was 94 wins with 5 to go and the 2nd overall record has 88 wins.

I'm pretty sure. I think that was 94 wins with 5 to go and the 2nd overall record has 88 wins.

this is great. doc only went 97 pitches tonight too.

sooooooooooo......do we choose the wednesday or thursday game next week?

gotta score some tickets to game 1
    www.myspace.com

it will absolutely be wednesday. amaro has said so. that way they only have to use 3 starters in the first round. which 3 do you think they'll pick?

Yes, go back a couple pages. McCarthy said they have the #1 seed about 5 minutes after the game ended too (but I already knew, of course).

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The Fixer wrote:
    it will absolutely be wednesday. amaro has said so. that way they only have to use 3 starters in the first round. which 3 do you think they'll pick?

Seriously, I'd go Oswalt in Game 2. He is unbeaten in his career at Citizens Park.

I don't know. David Murphy's got a good write-up on it....I'd say the 6th would give them all regular rest.
    The Fixer wrote:

Seriously, I'd go Oswalt in Game 2. He is unbeaten in his career at Citizens Park.

i was thinking vance worley.
    www.myspace.com

I'm not replying to silly sour grapes from Mets fans. Maybe their team can man up one of these years and make it interesting again.
    oh please like i really have sour grapes to the phillies. you guys are pathetic with this lame rivalry and thinking met fans actually care what the phils do. get back to me when you have the yankees 8 miles away from you, oh wait you never EVER will.

• All I know is it better not be a fucking day game. Not when I've got class till 3.
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree. As solid as hamels has been, I think he is more prone to getting smacked around than oswalt. plus then they would have oswalt in game 5 if it comes to that.

times haven't been announced yet. gotta figure if either of the 2 west coast teams get homefield it's gonna be an afternoon game.
  • metsfan wrote:

oh please like i really have sour grapes to the phillies. you guys are pathetic with this lame rivalry and thinking met fans actually care what the phils do. get back to me when you have the yankees 8 miles away from you, oh wait you never EVER will.

Well, yeah, unless the Phillies move to NY or Yankees move to Camden or something. :roll: :lol: :?

Honestly, spending lots of time on the Phillies thread on Phillies clinching day bitching about some double play slide seems like some sort of obsession. ;)

• Oh, you gotta be kidding me. No way. I thought the #1 seed gets the primetime slot? I distinctly remember the Cubs in '08 and the Dodgers last year getting that.
    edited September 2010

Well, yeah, unless the Phillies move to NY or Yankees move to Camden or something. :roll: :lol: :?

Honestly, spending lots of time on the Phillies thread on Phillies clinching day bitching about some double play slide seems like some sort of obsession. ;)
    oh i was just responding to the fixer for bringing it up. surprised it took this long to bring it up.

i didn't even know the phils clinched :oops:

congrats though
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

This discussion has been closed.