***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Nice, I have never heard of it. Will have to check it out next time I am down there.

Yeah, definitely. Not enough people know about it, which is a good thing. And I'm a full supporter that a 400 level seat behind home plate in the first 5 rows is the best value for the price in the entire ballpark.
    "

the jeagler can be spotted in section 421 quite regularly. i love how the high and inside bar is still relatively unknow to most fans. best bang for your buck is right there.

Word. Yeah, my Sunday tix are in 423 row 5, right next to the stairs - easy in and out.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Yeah, definitely. Not enough people know about it, which is a good thing. And I'm a full supporter that a 400 level seat behind home plate in the first 5 rows is the best value for the price in the entire ballpark.
    "

the jeagler can be spotted in section 421 quite regularly. i love how the high and inside bar is still relatively unknow to most fans. best bang for your buck is right there.

Word. Yeah, my Sunday tix are in 423 row 5, right next to the stairs - easy in and out.

great spot to see the game. plus you get full view of the skyline.
    www.myspace.com
  • Just got this e-mail...

NLDS Ticket Purchase Opportunity

Thank you for registering for a chance to purchase tickets for the Phillies postseason. Unfortunately your entry was not selected for our online National League Division Series (NLDS) sale.

:cry::cry:

stubhub or cragslist it up dude. i didnt even try for that but i will be there for at least 1 or 2 games...with bells on. :mrgreen:

I fill it out every year

Last year got lucky and scored tix to the NLCS game where Lee Pitched

Great seats too
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • the jeagler can be spotted in section 421 quite regularly. i love how the high and inside bar is still relatively unknow to most fans. best bang for your buck is right there.

great spot to see the game. plus you get full view of the skyline.

And on Sundays in summer, I'm just enough under the shade not to melt.

What a wonderful surprise - just got my UPS tracking # email informing me that my playoff tix are on their way. Jeyeah.
  • the twins thread is getting good

you philly cats stir the pot boy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • the twins thread is getting good

you philly cats stir the pot boy

:mrgreen: :thumbup:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

What a wonderful surprise - just got my UPS tracking # email informing me that my playoff tix are on their way. Jeyeah.

what games did you get again? I'm still bitter about them railroading me with playoff tix. I went in on 2 17 plans so I would have more playoff tix. Fuckers gave us the same games for both plans. And the games they gave us don't guarantee a game until the WS.

NLDS home game 3
    NLCS home game 3
    WS game 1

Looks like I will be hitting stubhub
    edited September 2010
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • The Fixer wrote:

what games did you get again? I'm still bitter about them railroading me with playoff tix. I went in on 2 17 plans so I would have more playoff tix. Fuckers gave us the same games for both plans. And the games they gave us don't guarantee a game until the WS.

NLDS home game 3
    NLCS home game 3
    WS game 1

Looks like I will be hitting stubhub

Ah, that sucks. I think I have LDS game 1, LCS game 3, and WS game 7.
  • Real good article on Sweeney and his drought of not getting to the playoffs in the NYT. Good stuff.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/23/sport ... yt&emc=rss

This guy's man-crush potential. Hopefully there's some way the Phils keep him around next year, but I doubt it. Even though I think this guy would play for free here to stay on this team.
    Real good article on Sweeney and his drought of not getting to the playoffs in the NYT. Good stuff.

This guy's man-crush potential. Hopefully there's some way the Phils keep him around next year, but I doubt it. Even though I think this guy would play for free here to stay on this team.

I'm not one to fall for these feel-good type stories. I thought chris coste sucked, I was mad when the phils re-upped moyer for 2 years after the WS, and I couldn't stand the fans that loved a scrub like sal fasano. I gotta admit that I have enjoyed watching sweeney though. Just seems like a great dude that brings nothing but positivity to the team. Would be cool to see him get a big hit in a playoff game.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Real good article on Sweeney and his drought of not getting to the playoffs in the NYT. Good stuff.

I'm not one to fall for these feel-good type stories. I thought chris coste sucked, I was mad when the phils re-upped moyer for 2 years after the WS, and I couldn't stand the fans that loved a scrub like sal fasano. I gotta admit that I have enjoyed watching sweeney though. Just seems like a great dude that brings nothing but positivity to the team. Would be cool to see him get a big hit in a playoff game.

Who loved Sal Fasano? He was awful. I know I couldn't stand him. Coste hit pretty well at first and had a decent arm. Then he tailed off and the team demoted him to backup and then got rid of him. End of story.

The Moyer 2-year deal was ridiculous, although he gave us some nice memories earlier this year.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    The Fixer wrote:

Who loved Sal Fasano? He was awful. I know I couldn't stand him. Coste hit pretty well at first and had a decent arm. Then he tailed off and the team demoted him to backup and then got rid of him. End of story.

The Moyer 2-year deal was ridiculous, although he gave us some nice memories earlier this year.

Moyer is a St. Joe's guy, so he deserved it for that alone although I'm not sure how many classes he went to in his stint, but nevertheless he broght the championship ring back to the Hill, and since it's been a few years since we made the tournament, we need all the press we can get as it is after all the best university in Philly.
  • marcos wrote:
    Moyer is a St. Joe's guy, so he deserved it for that alone although I'm not sure how many classes he went to in his stint, but nevertheless he broght the championship ring back to the Hill, and since it's been a few years since we made the tournament, we need all the press we can get as it is after all the best university in Philly.

I don't know what's the best school, but Hooter the Owl will beat the shit out of that lame Hawk thing any day of the week! :o :P
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Well I got royally screwed on my seats for the first two series - don't know what I got for the WS yet though. Friggin section 308 all the way at the top for the LDS, and 422(not bad) for the LCS but theyre all the way at the top as well.

Bogus.
  • Well I got royally screwed on my seats for the first two series - don't know what I got for the WS yet though. Friggin section 308 all the way at the top for the LDS, and 422(not bad) for the LCS but theyre all the way at the top as well.

I got 423 for Game 5 of Div Series (ok, but prob won't happen anyway), 421 for Game 2 of NLCS (pretty nice), and 428 for Game 1 of WS (bad, but better than last year's 304).

I don't know what's the best school, but Hooter the Owl will beat the shit out of that lame Hawk thing any day of the week! :o :P

Not to get off topic, but you have to admit that the Owl is really trying to be like the Hawk, Temple even changed there colors in recent years to red to be like the Hawk. An Owl is even a lame bird to begin with; it's not known for any activity in the bird kingdom, it just sits there on a tree, while the Hawk attacks. Also the Hawk flaps it's wings the entire game, it's known throughout the nation, and is probably right up there with the greatest mascot of all time, the Philly Phanatic of course. THE HAWK WILL NEVER DIE, much like my man Moyer, the Owl is a complete joke and boring.
  • marcos wrote:

Not to get off topic, but you have to admit that the Owl is really trying to be like the Hawk, Temple even changed there colors in recent years to red to be like the Hawk. An Owl is even a lame bird to begin with; it's not known for any activity in the bird kingdom, it just sits there on a tree, while the Hawk attacks. Also the Hawk flaps it's wings the entire game, it's known throughout the nation, and is probably right up there with the greatest mascot of all time, the Philly Phanatic of course. THE HAWK WILL NEVER DIE, much like my man Moyer, the Owl is a complete joke and boring.

This is funny. Temple's mascot is the Owls because it started as a night school. I don't remember Temple changing any colors, except for wearing stupid black uniforms on the road. Hooter the Owl is clearly nothing special as a mascot, but there's no way that the Hawk is "known throughout the nation." Come on dude. :roll:

St. Joe's b-ball has become sadly pathetic. Temple student section chant at the end of games switches from "I believe that we have won" to "I believe the hawk is dead." :lol: Love Big 5 trash talkin'! We'll start a new thread in November.

This is funny. Temple's mascot is the Owls because it started as a night school. I don't remember Temple changing any colors, except for wearing stupid black uniforms on the road. Hooter the Owl is clearly nothing special as a mascot, but there's no way that the Hawk is "known throughout the nation." Come on dude. :roll:

St. Joe's b-ball has become sadly pathetic. Temple student section chant at the end of games switches from "I believe that we have won" to "I believe the hawk is dead." :lol: Love Big 5 trash talkin'! We'll start a new thread in November.

Our b-ball is sad but we'll be back, also the Hawk really is known throughout the nation and the following is from wiki -

SJU's mascot, The Hawk, has garnered numerous accolades in its 50-year history. It won a "Best of Philly" award from Philadelphia Magazine in 2003-04, has been named the Atlantic 10 Conference's best mascot, and has been selected as the nation's top mascot by The Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, Sports Illustrated for Kids, Street & Smith's Basketball Yearbook, and ESPN College Basketball magazine. The Hawk continuously flaps its wings during all appearances[52].

I look forward to the big 5 trash talking thread as SJU is the only big 5 team that really gets it and insists that their big 5 home games be played at one of the best college b-ball historical arenas, the Palestra.
    Well I got royally screwed on my seats for the first two series - don't know what I got for the WS yet though. Friggin section 308 all the way at the top for the LDS, and 422(not bad) for the LCS but theyre all the way at the top as well.

Bogus.

At least you're guaranteed games in the first two series.

I'm a ticket snob. I hate sitting up top.
    marcos wrote:

At least temple has a football team
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    marcos wrote:

the Hawks may have been pathetic the past few years but they have won as many NCAA games as Dunph has in that span. Dunph better win one this year with Allen and Fernandez still there.

at least Dunph is not Chaney so that is a good thing.

Hawks got one of their best recruiting classes in school history this year - will be back in the tourny within 2-3 years for sure if this year's class is true. could be good by end of this year.

definitely need a college bball or Big 5 thread come November - at least just to trash Nova and annoy the Jaegler.
    pjhawks wrote:
    marcos wrote:

the Hawks may have been pathetic the past few years but they have won as many NCAA games as Dunph has in that span. Dunph better win one this year with Allen and Fernandez still there.

at least Dunph is not Chaney so that is a good thing.

Hawks got one of their best recruiting classes in school history this year - will be back in the tourny within 2-3 years for sure if this year's class is true. could be good by end of this year.

definitely need a college bball or Big 5 thread come November - at least just to trash Nova and annoy the Jaegler.

nova runs shit in this town :mrgreen:

they should be better even without reynolds next year. only a couple months away--can't wait!
    www.myspace.com
  • There's nothing Philly about 'Nova in the least bit. Temple, Joe's, Lasalle, Penn, Drexel should be the Big 5.
    There's nothing Philly about 'Nova in the least bit. Temple, Joe's, Lasalle, Penn, Drexel should be the Big 5.

I agree. nova isn't even in philly.

I don't root for any of the philly schools because I didn't go to any of them, but I do root against nova and their elitist fans.
    There's nothing Philly about 'Nova in the least bit. Temple, Joe's, Lasalle, Penn, Drexel should be the Big 5.

main line baby :mrgreen::lol::lol:

go cats!
    www.myspace.com
  • Well, this is pretty friggin sweet....

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb
    Well, this is pretty friggin sweet....

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... b&c_id=mlb

that is awesome. I never understood how people can stand in line for half the game just to buy food. If I eat in the park it's usually bulls just because the lines are quick
  • There's nothing Philly about 'Nova in the least bit. Temple, Joe's, Lasalle, Penn, Drexel should be the Big 5.

Drexel? Please. They are just a step above Textiles or Phila. U or whatever it is.

I think Temple is on TV this year a lot more, so hopefully more exposure gets better treatment from the committee, and they don't get matched up with "12" seeds like Cornell. Nova would've lost to Cornell by 20 points last year, just like Wisconsin did.

This is awesome. Don't open this link unless you have 15 minutes to waste. Some of these names bring back some really shitty memories.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/tk925/phillies_lineups
This discussion has been closed.