***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• That goes for any team... The pitcher has the advantage especially when the lineup doesn't have a book on him.

With that said - absolutely pumped for this series. Final week at home for the season. Let's make it good!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,758
    I think we take at least 2 out of 3 against Atlanta (maybe a sweep). We have H20 pitching for the sereis (Halladay, Hamels and Oswalt). :D

Hope Jayson continues to do well throughout the playoffs while he still is a phillie.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Just saw Schuerholz's comments. Hilarious.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    I think we take at least 2 out of 3 against Atlanta (maybe a sweep). We have H20 pitching for the sereis (Halladay, Hamels and Oswalt). :D

Hope Jayson continues to do well throughout the playoffs while he still is a phillie.

i will gladly take being up 4 with 9 to play :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Just saw Schuerholz's comments. Hilarious.

schuerholz is a fellow towson alum

I just put a bet on the phils. That means they are definitely winning tonight. Like I said before, my record betting on them in sept/oct over the last 3 years is like 44-0 (with 2 wins coming this month).

also, the rally towels are gay. they are cousins of the wave. awful
    utley is so fucking good
  • The Fixer wrote:

I just put a bet on the phils. That means they are definitely winning tonight. Like I said before, my record betting on them in sept/oct over the last 3 years is like 44-0 (with 2 wins coming this month).

The rally towels make good workout towels though. :lol: Also good if you spill a little beer or get some Bull's BBQ sauce on your chin.

Awesome game for Hamels - once again, he's a beast.

Lidge's slider is sick. Fastball is still pretty mediocre, of course.

One critical note: that was some horrendous baserunning for R6 in the 2nd.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

The rally towels make good workout towels though. :lol: Also good if you spill a little beer or get some Bull's BBQ sauce on your chin.

Awesome game for Hamels - once again, he's a beast.

Lidge's slider is sick. Fastball is still pretty mediocre, of course.

One critical note: that was some horrendous baserunning for R6 in the 2nd.

Hamels is out of his mind right now. Taking game one of the series is huge...gotta be demoralizing for atlanta. The foot is on their throat, time to stomp on them tomorrow.

I'm not touching the howard thing. All I'll say is that I almost fell off my couch when wheels and mccarthy criticized him.

Hearing those two boobs compare valdez's arm to tulo's was funny too.
    huge f'ing win gentlemen.

all cylinders...set to be clicking at the right time...
    www.myspace.com
    huge f'ing win gentlemen.

all cylinders...set to be clicking at the right time...

+1 Halladay pitching tomorrow :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • and yet you still have idiots running around the field in red spandex.. what an idiot
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • and yet you still have idiots running around the field in red spandex.. what an idiot

Oops, that was me. haha.

Little trouble for Rivera lately, huh?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Oops, that was me. haha.

Little trouble for Rivera lately, huh?

yes sir..im in favor of resting everybody even if it costs us the division

healthy 4th place team over a hurt/tired 1st place team any day of the week
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phillies are 90-61.

Phillies have won the NL Pennant the last five times they won 90 games. 2009 - 93, 2008 - 92, 1993 - 97, 1983 - 90, 1980 - 91. FYI - they won 89 games in 2007 & 1982, 88 games in 2005. The 1981 team was on a pace to win 89.
    yes sir..im in favor of resting everybody even if it costs us the division

healthy 4th place team over a hurt/tired 1st place team any day of the week

I'd like the Phils to get the NL East sewn up early so they can get Halladay a little rest. Also, try to get J-Roll some "rehab" time. Otherwise all cylinders a go!

42-11 since some crazy jeagler kid predicted a 15 out of 20 streak to get us back in the mix :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    matt-diaz-streaker-tackle-thumb-439x337-25285.jpg

Greenman's brother? or were they filming an episode of it's Always Sunny In Philly? No taser this time though :(

Also what the hell was this? Must be playoff time with all the weird fans :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyA-dHQI6m4

Up 3-0! :D JAYSON WERTH! Keep it up Jayson for another month or so.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    respect the beard
    www.myspace.com
    Is West Chester, PA getting a minor league team?
    First proposed years ago, championed by an impressive group of local civic leaders and bolstered by a feasibility study, a minor league baseball stadium to be built in West Chester is apparently inching ever closer to becoming a reality.

The Turk’s Head Stadium Alliance is meeting today at 10 a.m. to announce that a verbal agreement has been reached for a site, and that a Class A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies will be the main tenant.

“The Phillies will bring a team here if we can build a stadium,” confirmed Jerry Schneider, who is one of a dozen or so members of the alliance.

It is still in the early stages of a very complex issue involving many entities, and no contracts have been signed. But according to Schneider, the Phillies are hoping to have a team begin the 2013 baseball season in a new 4,000- to 5,000-seat stadium on the former Wyeth Labratories site at South Bolmar and East Nields streets. The 30-acre plot is owned by Pfizer Pharmaceuticals.

“We are going to announce an agreement between Pfizer and the borough for the purchase of the property,” Schneider said.

“All of these commitments right now are real, but they are soft,” added alliance member and former West Chester Mayor Dick Yoder. “There is a lot of work that has to be done. This is just the beginning.”

Former Major League Baseball player and administrator, and Turk’s Head Stadium Alliance baseball consultant Howie Bedell will preside over the presentation, which will take place at West Chester Borough Hall. Jonathan Ewald, an aide to state Sen. Andrew Dinniman, D-19th, of West Whiteland, will reportedly attend, but no representative of the Phillies is expected.

“This is a prosperous area and it’s a great fit for a minor league baseball team,” Schneider said. “It will be good for West Chester, good for Chester County and good for the Phillies.”

Cost estimates are reportedly upwards of $40 million and will include local and state state funding. Under the plan, the West Chester Redevelopment Authority would own the stadium, with the Phillies paying rent and maintaining the facility. The Phillies currently have Class A affiliates in Clearwater, Fla., and Lakewood, N.J.

“There are a couple possibilities of which team the Phillies would bring in here, whether it would be a current franchise or a new one,” Schneider said.

The West Chester site was one of three finalists, along with the former Phoenix Steel property in Phoenixville and the site of the former Cedar Hollow quarry in East Whiteland.

The former Wyeth plot became a frontrunner in winter 2009 when West Chester Borough Council rejected a plan by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust to purchase the property and build a large, mixed-use development with a hotel, 600 residences, 300,000 square feet of retail space and 200,000 square feet of office space.

“We are convinced that this stadium would be a magnificent venue for Chester County,” said Yoder, the Turk’s Head Stadium Alliance’s secretary. “It would be very family-oriented. There are a lot of kids out there that play baseball and for the price of going to a movie, they will be able to see a minor league ballgame.”

Bedell and Schneider, along with architect Alan Adler and former minor league franchise owner Roy Jackson (who also owned 2006 Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro), met with Phillies President David Montgomery on Aug. 19 in Philadelphia. It was at that meeting, according to Schneider, that Montgomery made the commitment to the West Chester stadium project. The group also met with Dinniman.

“When you get a gentleman’s agreement at this level, it’s a pretty firm commitment,” Schneider said.

West Chester University has already reportedly expressed interest in playing some baseball games at a new venue, including the possibility of hosting PSAC or NCAA postseason tournaments.

The plans, designed by Adler, also include an indoor theater that can be used year round. The stadium would also become the permanent home of the Chester County Sports Hall of Fame.

“There is always going to be opposition,” Schneider said. “We are trying to create a situation where most everybody comes out a winner. And it’s hard to oppose something that most people are for.”

doc4c9824637c80b724376268.jpg
    http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2010 ... 376268.txt

This would be pretty cool for me since i live here :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Magic number down to 6

Rich Hoffman's article today does a great job of explaining how ridiculous the phils 2nd half has been this year. Historic.
  • Magic Number: 6

Congrats Doc on Win #20 - very nice accomplishment in MLB these days!

congrats to doc. this rotation is amazing.
    www.myspace.com
  • Is West Chester, PA getting a minor league team?
    First proposed years ago, championed by an impressive group of local civic leaders and bolstered by a feasibility study, a minor league baseball stadium to be built in West Chester is apparently inching ever closer to becoming a reality.

The Turk’s Head Stadium Alliance is meeting today at 10 a.m. to announce that a verbal agreement has been reached for a site, and that a Class A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies will be the main tenant.

“The Phillies will bring a team here if we can build a stadium,” confirmed Jerry Schneider, who is one of a dozen or so members of the alliance.

It is still in the early stages of a very complex issue involving many entities, and no contracts have been signed. But according to Schneider, the Phillies are hoping to have a team begin the 2013 baseball season in a new 4,000- to 5,000-seat stadium on the former Wyeth Labratories site at South Bolmar and East Nields streets. The 30-acre plot is owned by Pfizer Pharmaceuticals.

“We are going to announce an agreement between Pfizer and the borough for the purchase of the property,” Schneider said.

“All of these commitments right now are real, but they are soft,” added alliance member and former West Chester Mayor Dick Yoder. “There is a lot of work that has to be done. This is just the beginning.”

Former Major League Baseball player and administrator, and Turk’s Head Stadium Alliance baseball consultant Howie Bedell will preside over the presentation, which will take place at West Chester Borough Hall. Jonathan Ewald, an aide to state Sen. Andrew Dinniman, D-19th, of West Whiteland, will reportedly attend, but no representative of the Phillies is expected.

“This is a prosperous area and it’s a great fit for a minor league baseball team,” Schneider said. “It will be good for West Chester, good for Chester County and good for the Phillies.”

Cost estimates are reportedly upwards of $40 million and will include local and state state funding. Under the plan, the West Chester Redevelopment Authority would own the stadium, with the Phillies paying rent and maintaining the facility. The Phillies currently have Class A affiliates in Clearwater, Fla., and Lakewood, N.J.

“There are a couple possibilities of which team the Phillies would bring in here, whether it would be a current franchise or a new one,” Schneider said.

The West Chester site was one of three finalists, along with the former Phoenix Steel property in Phoenixville and the site of the former Cedar Hollow quarry in East Whiteland.

The former Wyeth plot became a frontrunner in winter 2009 when West Chester Borough Council rejected a plan by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust to purchase the property and build a large, mixed-use development with a hotel, 600 residences, 300,000 square feet of retail space and 200,000 square feet of office space.

“We are convinced that this stadium would be a magnificent venue for Chester County,” said Yoder, the Turk’s Head Stadium Alliance’s secretary. “It would be very family-oriented. There are a lot of kids out there that play baseball and for the price of going to a movie, they will be able to see a minor league ballgame.”

Bedell and Schneider, along with architect Alan Adler and former minor league franchise owner Roy Jackson (who also owned 2006 Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro), met with Phillies President David Montgomery on Aug. 19 in Philadelphia. It was at that meeting, according to Schneider, that Montgomery made the commitment to the West Chester stadium project. The group also met with Dinniman.

“When you get a gentleman’s agreement at this level, it’s a pretty firm commitment,” Schneider said.

West Chester University has already reportedly expressed interest in playing some baseball games at a new venue, including the possibility of hosting PSAC or NCAA postseason tournaments.

The plans, designed by Adler, also include an indoor theater that can be used year round. The stadium would also become the permanent home of the Chester County Sports Hall of Fame.

“There is always going to be opposition,” Schneider said. “We are trying to create a situation where most everybody comes out a winner. And it’s hard to oppose something that most people are for.”

doc4c9824637c80b724376268.jpg
    http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2010 ... 376268.txt

This would be pretty cool for me since i live here :D

I like it.

Love the Dub C.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    weren't there posts on here earlier in the season calling Amaro a dumbass and the worst gm in baseball? Oswalt for a year and a half or Lee for one year? hmmm looking pretty damn good right now Ruben.

Congrats Doc - 20 in the NL is awesome. Bring it home boys. This has got to be the most impressive September run they've made. For a team that was up and down all year the last month they have been just awesome. and who would have thought Wilson Valdez would be so darn important and impressive for this team. just awesome defensively in place of Jimmy. Amazing really.
  • Not out my mouth, bro. Seriously, is all you're good for is a bunch of "I-told-you-so's" and nitpicking with people who are fans as the same team as you? You are the epitome of a bad load.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    JearlPam - so i guess posting something factual is off limits but ridiculous opinions are ok. man i love the internets - thank you Al Gore.
    I have criticized some of amaro's moves (like a certain $125 million contract), but he has made up for some of his mistakes (replacing castro with valdez). The lee trade is still going down as one of the worst in phillies history.

Everyone here lauded the oswalt trade right after it was made.

Amaro never did get a LH to use out of the pen. that is a glaring weakness for this team. hopefully it doesn't hurt them come playoff time. I know I don't trust romero or bastardo to get votto, mccann, or adrian gonzalez out in a big spot late in a playoff game.

Amaro didn't put most of this team together. At this point I'd call him average as a GM. He's no Ed Wade, but he's sure as hell no Pat Gillick either.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I have criticized some of amaro's moves (like a certain $125 million contract), but he has made up for some of his mistakes (replacing castro with valdez). The lee trade is still going down as one of the worst in phillies history.

Everyone here lauded the oswalt trade right after it was made.

Amaro never did get a LH to use out of the pen. that is a glaring weakness for this team. hopefully it doesn't hurt them come playoff time. I know I don't trust romero or bastardo to get votto, mccann, or adrian gonzalez out in a big spot late in a playoff game.

Amaro didn't put most of this team together. At this point I'd call him average as a GM. He's no Ed Wade, but he's sure as hell no Pat Gillick either.

it is okay to criticize a gm when you feel he made a bone headed move (trading lee away)....but the man has certainly made up for that with subsequent moves this season. and everyone in here has acknowledged it.

now lets go win our back to back to back to back division crown damn it! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Trading for Oswalt was a nice makeup for the horrendous Lee trade.

I agree, all the "I told you so" e-mails are tiresome.

I'd like to see a clinching as soon as possible to get Doc some rest. A little revitalization and I think we've got 3 money pitchers for the playoffs. Sure beats all the one pitcher AL rotations.

• Thank god for this team,maybe the eagles should take notes instead of trying to take there thunder away with insane moves at very suspicious times.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Thank god for this team,maybe the eagles should take notes instead of trying to take there thunder away with insane moves at very suspicious times.

HaHa ! It does seem to happen that way with the Iggles and Phillies

This team is rolling along nicely

Key hits when needed that's been the difference in this series
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.