***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Any fan that sits first row and brings a glove and cannot figure out when a ball is fair or foul should be banned!!

I cant stand these idiots

Im starting to sound like Fixer

truth

friday night a guy 3 rows in front of me had a ball hit off his glove and land in his lap (he had to be in his 50's). the people that bring their gloves to games are the ones that need them most...and they still can't catch the ball. turds

The fixer has caught 3 home run balls in his career. No glove necessary
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Any fan that sits first row and brings a glove and cannot figure out when a ball is fair or foul should be banned!!

truth

friday night a guy 3 rows in front of me had a ball hit off his glove and land in his lap (he had to be in his 50's). the people that bring their gloves to games are the ones that need them most...and they still can't catch the ball. turds

The fixer has caught 3 home run balls in his career. No glove necessary

From time to time we would get the box seats down on the field at vet...I managed two foul balls no glove

At Spring Training last year I got a cheapy..the outfielder for the reds threw a ball up to Tiki section and I jumped up and one handed it

The glove is awful I think not knowing when the ball is in play or not is just unacceptable
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

the ball girl should have smacked him over the head with the chair after yelled out her too. what a dope. those phillies ball girls are athletic as hell too - picking up a chair and getting out of the way of a batted ball, not as easy as it looks.

on another note- does anyone else think it's time to extend the netting for foul balls? someone is going to get killed at a major league game real soon. bad enough you have dopes not paying attention or on the cell phone waving like idiots (people sitting near home plate who wave to the camera should have their seats revoked and never asked back, they are annoying as hell) . NHL extended the netting after a girl was killed. time for baseball to do the same.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    was reading today that the phils 5th starter should only have 4 starts the rest of the season. Kendrick, worley, robertson...I don't think it matters, they all blow.

Of course as the rotation lines up now I will get a kendrick game with one of my 2 remaining games this season (oswalt vs atlanta is the other, which is money).

I think charlie manuel is a dufus, but gotta give him (or probably dubee) credit for lining up the phils pitchers the rest of the way. 6 games vs atlanta and the phils will have halladay, hamels, and oswalt pitching all 6 games. braves aren't as fortunate...they don't have their horses (jurrjens, hanson, hudson) lined up for those 2 series.

I guess sometimes you just have to pitch the 5th starter, and you end up losing. It's just hard to watch at the time. I do like those pitching matchups for the Braves series.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    The Fixer wrote:
    was reading today that the phils 5th starter should only have 4 starts the rest of the season. Kendrick, worley, robertson...I don't think it matters, they all blow.

Of course as the rotation lines up now I will get a kendrick game with one of my 2 remaining games this season (oswalt vs atlanta is the other, which is money).

I think charlie manuel is a dufus, but gotta give him (or probably dubee) credit for lining up the phils pitchers the rest of the way. 6 games vs atlanta and the phils will have halladay, hamels, and oswalt pitching all 6 games. braves aren't as fortunate...they don't have their horses (jurrjens, hanson, hudson) lined up for those 2 series.

I guess sometimes you just have to pitch the 5th starter, and you end up losing. It's just hard to watch at the time. I do like those pitching matchups for the Braves series.

you like them? i love our pitching matchups for both of those series if we match them up right and assuming no rainouts.
    www.myspace.com
    brown scratched...werth batting 7th...j-roll 5th.

let's go pirates!
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Looks like Werth is hiring Boras.

saw that...if I were werth, that's exactly who I'd want negotiating for me

someone is gonna give werth wayyy too much money

*cough mets cough*

sorry i had a bug in my throat

i know those phillies ball girls are jailbait but they are cute :oops:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

there's howard turning another DP into no outs. dude is paranoid to throw the ball
    all aboard the r6...must be september :mrgreen:

lets hold it bullpen...
    www.myspace.com
    back in first place (even though atlanta has a game in hand). it's nice when a team can play like dogshit and still win.
    made a bet with a buddy on august 1st that we'd be in first place by the end of august....i was a week off but i'll take it :mrgreen::mrgreen:

32-11 since late july

we're winning this division....and we're going back to the world series...again BELIEVE IT.

GO PHILS!!
    www.myspace.com
    I hope you're right. This bullpen still scares the shit out of me. Madson and Lidge have been good lately...Durbin and Contreras are average...and the rest of that crew is pretty shitty. especially the lefties.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I hope you're right. This bullpen still scares the shit out of me. Madson and Lidge have been good lately...Durbin and Contreras are average...and the rest of that crew is pretty shitty. especially the lefties.

The rest of the bullpen does appear a bit disastrous at this point. But goddam, this team is ballsy. I really never had any doubt they would win after Madson got out of the Top 8th tied. It's nice to see an old-fashioned Phillies slugfest victory.

Werth is so far in Charlie's doghouse it's not even funny. What a friggin idiot.
    metsfan wrote:

Hey man - that's my little sister. That's not cool.

jk :lol:

I think they said to try out they had to be 18 - does that sound right?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    veryexcited.gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer wrote:

The rest of the bullpen does appear a bit disastrous at this point. But goddam, this team is ballsy. I really never had any doubt they would win after Madson got out of the Top 8th tied. It's nice to see an old-fashioned Phillies slugfest victory.

Werth is so far in Charlie's doghouse it's not even funny. What a friggin idiot.
    metsfan wrote:

yeah werth...jesus h christ. what was he thinking? win pretty or win ugly...just win. it's september.

nice to see raul start to come around...

i wonder how long charlie's gonna roll with this lineup. seems to be working so far.
    www.myspace.com
    werth makes so many stupid mistakes. he has to be one of the dumbest players in the majors

victorino came up big tonight...might be the first time someone said that all year. hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

polanco hasn't gotten enough credit. He has been a tremendous addition to this team. He does everything well, except hit for power.
    they just said on post game that lidge has tenderness in his elbow...
    www.myspace.com
    they just said on post game that lidge has tenderness in his elbow...

that stems from a certain manager using him in too many 4 run games.

figures he gets hurt right when he starts pitching well. hopefully it's nothing serious. the bullpen can't afford to lose anyone that's pitching even half decent right now.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    this team wins despite it's manager. Bastardo has already pitched way too much in September - he is a minor leaguer - can we stop with him.

of course no mention from a certain poster here about Utley's horrible throw home allowing runner to get to third.
    johnny a--big 5 sched is out......temple/nova at the dupont on 12/29. i'll be there with bells on :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:
    this team wins despite it's manager. Bastardo has already pitched way too much in September - he is a minor leaguer - can we stop with him.

of course no mention from a certain poster here about Utley's horrible throw home allowing runner to get to third.

agree with everything in your first paragraph.

utley's throw was terrible -- he never should have thrown that ball. not as bad as werth, but awful. at least he didn't botch any double plays, like some other members of the right side of the infield did.

all around, this game was sloppy. like I said, it's nice to see them win even when they play like shit.
    johnny a--big 5 sched is out......temple/nova at the dupont on 12/29. i'll be there with bells on :mrgreen:

where did you go to college?
  • metsfan wrote:

They're definitely in college. So there's a feather in our cap...
  • johnny a--big 5 sched is out......temple/nova at the dupont on 12/29. i'll be there with bells on :mrgreen:

That's "The Pavillion" - haha. I only get to go there if my Nova buddy invites me, which he did 2 years ago. Not too many Temple hats in there. It's gonna be tough enough to make the home games this year. Got a little one on the way any day now. 8-)

Can't wait to watch Juan Fernandez this year. Lavoy is gonna be a monster - he really wants to get drafted.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891
    fuck a bunch of the "Bobby Cox Farewell Tour" :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Back were we belong,can't wait for another deep playoff run. Now it's time we open up a gap and keep home field all playoffs.
    Go Birds!!!!

That's "The Pavillion" - haha. I only get to go there if my Nova buddy invites me, which he did 2 years ago. Not too many Temple hats in there. It's gonna be tough enough to make the home games this year. Got a little one on the way any day now. 8-)

Can't wait to watch Juan Fernandez this year. Lavoy is gonna be a monster - he really wants to get drafted.

congrats on the little one.

yeah you are talking to a guy that still refers to the wells fargo center as the corestates. so it will always be the dupont for me.

juan's a quality player. he really came out of nowhere last year. despite losing reynolds, i think nova's gonna be a beast again. hopefully wayns sticks around for at least another 2 years...
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:

They're definitely in college. So there's a feather in our cap...

well then i'd pork every last one of them

:P

and no joey i don't like the comeback nor do i care for baseball anymore
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Cole Hamels start. Looks like the Phils will score approximately 1.6 runs tonight. Hey guys, just because Cole is from San Diego doesn't mean you have to turn into the Padres every time he pitches :!:

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,761
    Cole Hamels start. Looks like the Phils will score approximately 1.6 runs tonight. Hey guys, just because Cole is from San Diego doesn't mean you have to turn into the Padres every time he pitches :!:

well they are already at 2 runs! :D Go Phills!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC