***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,481
    how has Anchor Man not been mentioned yet?

I think it was. I think Fixer mentioned it.

Another rotation movie which I quote-drop 24/7. I was Robert Goulet for Halloween one year. Followed the next year up with Burgundy. Then just used the same outfit for the next year when we were the dudes in the Bill Brasky skit. TA BILLLLLL BRASKY.

anchorman is the top comedy of our generation. hands down. top 5 of all time. if you say otherwise i will punch you in the mouth. straight shot.

ferrell's in a buddy cop-ish movie with mark whalberg coming out soon....actually ooks like it could be halfway decent from the couple of previews i saw.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

Another rotation movie which I quote-drop 24/7. I was Robert Goulet for Halloween one year. Followed the next year up with Burgundy. Then just used the same outfit for the next year when we were the dudes in the Bill Brasky skit. TA BILLLLLL BRASKY.

anchorman is the top comedy of our generation. hands down. top 5 of all time. if you say otherwise i will punch you in the mouth. straight shot.

ferrell's in a buddy cop-ish movie with mark whalberg coming out soon....actually ooks like it could be halfway decent from the couple of previews i saw.

honestly..i never saw it ...come and get some :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

that can't be true. if it is, just further proof you're a fraud.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

that can't be true. if it is, just further proof you're a fraud.[/quote]

only the end when appelgate falls into the pit
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliff, thanks for posting that. Just spent the last 5 minutes smiling watching that.

Spike Lee's best work was 'Do The Right Thing' then 25th.

Always remind me of this scene he did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOxOR3x8FBQ

Yeah, man. That is a great scene.

that can't be true. if it is, just further proof you're a fraud.

only the end when appelgate falls into the pit[/quote]

god bless that veronica corningstone
    www.myspace.com
    Oh my.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phi ... banez.html

This must be up for worst column of the baseball season. If only FJM were still around.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh my.

This must be up for worst column of the baseball season. If only FJM were still around.

the only good part about that article are the comments below it absolutely lambasting him for writing such rubbish.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh my.

the only good part about that article are the comments below it absolutely lambasting him for writing such rubbish.

Yeah, man. Only time I have ever seen the comments on any philly.com article not be idiotic. I would love to be on this phone call...

You thought you had a contending team this year. It didn't work out, but except for Cliff Lee (there's that name again) you still have the nucleus you thought so highly of in the spring. Now that Ken Griffey Jr . has retired, you could use a veteran with World Series experience. Remember, when Ibanez departed Seattle as a free agent, several players left behind described him as the best teammate they've ever had. He's wildly popular with your fans. He's hitting a little better lately. And, as a bonus, we'll pay half of the approximately $15.5 million he has left on his contract
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,324
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh my.

Yeah, man. Only time I have ever seen the comments on any philly.com article not be idiotic. I would love to be on this phone call...

You thought you had a contending team this year. It didn't work out, but except for Cliff Lee (there's that name again) you still have the nucleus you thought so highly of in the spring. Now that Ken Griffey Jr . has retired, you could use a veteran with World Series experience. Remember, when Ibanez departed Seattle as a free agent, several players left behind described him as the best teammate they've ever had. He's wildly popular with your fans. He's hitting a little better lately. And, as a bonus, we'll pay half of the approximately $15.5 million he has left on his contract

Paul Hagen usually makes a little bit of sense. This was just ridiculous. All the Daily News columnists are trying to outdo each other with absurd Phillies articles; I think they have a pool going or something. I'm ready to read about the Phanatic leading off.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Paul Hagen usually makes a little bit of sense. This was just ridiculous. All the Daily News columnists are trying to outdo each other with absurd Phillies articles; I think they have a pool going or something. I'm ready to read about the Phanatic leading off.

haha, yeah. I dont doubt it. The ending of this is the best part

You're welcome, Ruben. And, as always, this one's on us.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Calling Pat Gillick,hello Mr Gillick.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I have a good feeling were gonna go an a good run here and make up some serious ground. Coming home has to help this team out. Doc tonight,tomorrow kk will suprise us all and out duel jimenez. Then Happ I don't know why but I feel a run.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,324
    I have a good feeling were gonna go an a good run here and make up some serious ground. Coming home has to help this team out. Doc tonight,tomorrow kk will suprise us all and out duel jimenez. Then Happ I don't know why but I feel a run.

Well that Werth RBI double was pretty shocking yesterday. Maybe that'll get him going. Jiminez has definitely faded from his first half self.

I just don't want Wade, er, Amaro (I legitimately made this Freudian slip earlier today) to make another stupid trade.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Rumor is kc has but Zach greinke on the block. I would probably give up dom brown for him. He's young and a stud who dosent make that much yet.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Rumor is kc has but Zach greinke on the block. I would probably give up dom brown for him. He's young and a stud who dosent make that much yet.

Going to take more than Brown, but yeah I would give up Montero in a heart beat for him.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i'd up give up wright and mejia for him in a heartbeat. hell throw in that bum fernado martinez.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,954

I know bad movies when I see one. And I'm not touching that cop movie with a ten foot pole. Maybe if it's on HBO one day when I'm hungover on a Sunday, then maybe.

Love Farrell, but him & McKay really know how to be full of themselves and put some shit out there. Though I wish McKay was still head writer at SNL - can't get pass the fact that Seth fucking Myers is a head writer. And they wonder why the show sucks....

I guess I should make this post baseball-related. Eastbound and Down - new season coming. Cannot wait. This time he's in a Mexican League - the possibilities are endless...
    Yep, I knew it. One of these reporters talking on CSN said there's word that Oswalt doesn't want to come here because part of it is that he has cold feet about our media market. What.......a......pussy.

I know bad movies when I see one. And I'm not touching that cop movie with a ten foot pole. Maybe if it's on HBO one day when I'm hungover on a Sunday, then maybe.

Love Farrell, but him & McKay really know how to be full of themselves and put some shit out there. Though I wish McKay was still head writer at SNL - can't get pass the fact that Seth fucking Myers is a head writer. And they wonder why the show sucks....

I guess I should make this post baseball-related. Eastbound and Down - new season coming. Cannot wait. This time he's in a Mexican League - the possibilities are endless...

you could be right about that cop movie. i only saw one commericial and it looked kinda funny...it will probably fall flat on its face though. he has had quite a bad run. anchorman 2. they cannot start filming that soon enough.

yeah--east bown and down season 2 looks great.
    www.myspace.com
    you could be right about that cop movie. i only saw one commericial and it looked kinda funny...it will probably fall flat on its face though. he has had quite a bad run. anchorman 2. they cannot start filming that soon enough.

Biggest sequels I've ever looked forward to - Anchorman 2, and Ghostbusters 3.

Actually, Jeags, I was curious so I looked it up. Apparently, Anchorman 2 has been scrapped. Boooooo.

Biggest sequels I've ever looked forward to - Anchorman 2, and Ghostbusters 3.

Actually, Jeags, I was curious so I looked it up. Apparently, Anchorman 2 has been scrapped. Boooooo.

that is awful news...appears to be a budge issue. but according to this, veronica corningstone herself hints that its not completely dead. she says "at the moment":
    http://moviesblog.mtv.com/tag/anchorman-2

i don't know...maybe the fact that everyone is on board with it and appears willing to take a pay cut to make it work means it will happen eventually....it has to!
    www.myspace.com
    Here we come,tomorrow kk out duels jimenez,and go marlins.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Yep, I knew it. One of these reporters talking on CSN said there's word that Oswalt doesn't want to come here because part of it is that he has cold feet about our media market. What.......a......pussy.
    this nothing with new oswalt at all. for many years the mets and to some degree the yanks have tried to get him and he won't come here cause he's a country boy and doesn't wanna handle the pressure of playing in a big market. i can't blame him really.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Going to take more than Brown, but yeah I would give up Montero in a heart beat for him.
    We have enough A ball prospects to get a deal done if we included Brown. Man Halladay,Greinke,Hamels. Two young studs and doc for the couple of years would be nasty. And Greinke makes squat money,i know there's no chance of this but i'd do it in a second.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Greinke makes $12 mil the next two years so it's not squat money but it's not a lot for him. You are crazy if you think brown and a ball players will get him. Brown and a ball players would have gotten lee for half a year not greinke for 2.5.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Greinke makes $12 mil the next two years so it's not squat money but it's not a lot for him. You are crazy if you think brown and a ball players will get him. Brown and a ball players would have gotten lee for half a year not greinke for 2.5.

You don't think Brown,happ,and a top A ball prospect or 2 good A ball prospects get u him? Browns value has never been higher,apparently hou and other teams value happ more then some on here. And onley,stark,and all the other big insiders all say that were rich in talent in A ball and below. I don't see why KC wouldn't do it A stud rf,good young pitcher and two solid prospects with a high ceiling. And like i said theres no chance of this happening but it would be fun to see.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I don't think anyone gets greinke without giving up cheap proven major leaguers to be honest. They said the package has to be astronomical. I know brown is the top prospect but I don't see it without big leaguers. He is too good and there is too much time left on his contract. Yanks didn't get lee with giving up montero+, brown is better but not that much better.

Think about the packages that are bring asked for on the current market, double that.
    Jammin, honestly if the yanks were interested in greinke I think any package at this point would have to start with Hughes and montero, think that big, top prospect plus proven cheap big leaguer.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jammin, honestly if the yanks were interested in greinke I think any package at this point would have to start with Hughes and montero, think that big, top prospect plus proven cheap big leaguer.

I here ya, happs obviously well liked by gms last year toronto wanted him in any hallady deal. Houston wanted him in a oswald trade. Andy tracy and cosart with happ and brown imo would get u him. I could be dead wrong but kc's not winning anytime soon. If they traded their closer and grwinke they'd get a shit load of talent back.
    Go Birds!!!!
This discussion has been closed.