Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    have a kosher wieny handy. You can pretend its a cig
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    :D:D:D oops she did it again ;)

hey i just thought of this. I said...

Wieny Handy.

ha
    ha
    ha
    ha

or

Handy wieny

ha
    ha
    ha
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Second verse same as the first :D:D Your too funny :D:D

tee hee
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    OK

At home and having a drink to calm nerves. The night was a little harder. usually have a few cigs at this time of night and can't say I don't want one.

But not having one! So all is not lost.

Hopefully everyone is doing OK and we will get into Day 3 (or Day 2) for some on an easier note.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    OK

At home and having a drink to calm nerves. The night was a little harder. usually have a few cigs at this time of night and can't say I don't want one.

But not having one! So all is not lost.

Hopefully everyone is doing OK and we will get into Day 3 (or Day 2) for some on an easier note.
    a drink? you're nuts!

Would it be ok if I smoked some tea or dried grass or something? :D

coincidentally, a co-worker quit yesterday too, so I have some support/competition at work...should help a bit.
  • Options
    a drink? you're nuts!

Would it be ok if I smoked some tea or dried grass or something? :D

coincidentally, a co-worker quit yesterday too, so I have some support/competition at work...should help a bit.

You would think not so smart but since they changed the indoor smoking laws I have lost the urge to smoke when I drink. Add into that I am only drinking when I am around my wife who would never let me smoke in front of her and it is not as bad as it sounds.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    I want to run down the street naked, screaming. ;)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    I want to run down the street naked, screaming. ;)
    Wear the patch at night and you might :D

How is it going?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    love the updates!
    BLACK D!!!! Proud of you!!!
    Kcherub you can DO IT!!!!
    Hart u seem to be doing well!!!
    Kosmic you are CRAZY just stick to it!!!
    And Drowned Out......i KNOW YOU CAN FOLLOW THRU!!!! You are an amazing person and have the will!!!!!
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK TEAM!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    :eek: :eek:

Wow!!!! Wow!!!! Wow!!!! Thanks you for that! That should do it!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Congrats on another day/night guys.

Keep it going - the ride gets easier I promise
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Hey everybody,

I am gonna join the crusade. I hate smoking and I'm so tired of it. Thursday September 4 is day 1 for me.

I quit this past April 12 - June 3. So almost 2 months. Stupidly started again and smoked all summer.

So I'm giving it another try, here we go...
  • Options
    Hey everybody,

I am gonna join the crusade. I hate smoking and I'm so tired of it. Thursday September 4 is day 1 for me.

I quit this past April 12 - June 3. So almost 2 months. Stupidly started again and smoked all summer.

You did good all that time and i was proud of you then and will be AGAIN!!!!! DO IT MAN!!!! :D big big hugs!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    we need a standardized introduction for when somebody joins our circle of love and support. :p
    "I'm Music for Rhinos and I'm a nicotine fiend"......
    "HI RHINO"
    ....something like that, only creative.
    k, no...we don't need that.

Cravings are so frequent early on... Made it thru a full day, tho. Wasnt tooooo bad.
    I wonder how many smug people are reading this going, "damn, glad I never started, these people sound like junkies".
    I hate you, smug person.

deep breath.
    I'm ok. honest.

off to bed to chain smoke in my dreams...(or prob hack all night...gotta love the coughing when your lungs start clearing up and healing)

((thanks SEN :) ))
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I'm glad I never knew how to inhale as a kid.

Best of luck guys!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

Best of luck guys!
    I hate you, smug person :p
    edit: I mean :mad:

:p
    FUCK!
    ok....sleep will help.
  • Options
    Hey everybody,

I can not tell you how happy I am to hear this!

This is why we did it as a thread. So maybe more of us can do it together.

I will add you to the tryers.

As you have done this before, you know getting over the hump of Day 1 is the toughest. Good luck! Hope it goes easy.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Well today is interesting and good.

Could not get to sleep until 3 AM last night. I have been drinking a lot more caffeine and the patch is feeling like a stimulant too. Forgot to set my alarm and woke up an hour late. Traffic was insane this morning. Took 45 minutes to drive 5 miles. Almost ran out of gas and I will be an hour late to work on a day where some important numbers were released.

Sounds terrible and a lot worse stress than my first day.

Did not even think about smoking! Been sucking on sugar free mints and laughing to Howard Stern.

I am thrilled! This is getting better. My chest feels a little lighter, I don't smell and I am less antsy.

Going to cut down (not off) the caf and am not dreading the night out tonight.

How is everyone doing including our new Rhino friend.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Wow BD other than the stuff not related to smoking not going quite to plan sounds like you're definitely on the up curve. Congrats :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Wow BD other than the stuff not related to smoking not going quite to plan sounds like you're definitely on the up curve. Congrats :)
    Thanks so much for all the kind words over these days. You have no idea how much it has helped!

I wish I would have thought about doing this earlier or would have joined some support group. It is so much easier when you have someone or a forum to talk through this.

No one in my family smokes so they do not get why it is so hard to stop! I guess that is why there are support groups out there for addiction. Maybe because it was so socially acceptable when I started I never considered it a social thing. Now you are an outcast.

Thanks to you and all of those who came on here to show support. I sould start a supporter list in the first post. I think I will today.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    So I smoked... a whole pack last night out of fustration with the world around me... so shoot me...
    I am sicker than a dog tday from doing that...
    Was it worth it? No... going back to bed feels like I have the flu now from smoking all that
  • Options
    we need a standardized introduction for when somebody joins our circle of love and support. :p
    "I'm Music for Rhinos and I'm a nicotine fiend"......
    "HI RHINO"
    ....something like that, only creative.
    k, no...we don't need that.

Cravings are so frequent early on... Made it thru a full day, tho. Wasnt tooooo bad.
    I wonder how many smug people are reading this going, "damn, glad I never started, these people sound like junkies".
    I hate you, smug person.

deep breath.
    I'm ok. honest.

off to bed to chain smoke in my dreams...(or prob hack all night...gotta love the coughing when your lungs start clearing up and healing)

((thanks SEN :) ))
    u are welcome friend!
    and as a NON SMOKER you are false! I just told Black D last night that sometimes i want to smoke!!!! Therefore i do not say "these people sound like junkies! DIE DIE DIE!" :D you know what i mean. Im gladd you are quitting.

• Options
    So I smoked... a whole pack last night out of fustration with the world around me... so shoot me...
    Was it worth it? No... going back to bed feels like I have the flu now from smoking all that
    no shooting but there WILL be deportation!!!! :eek:
    kidding of course. Try again. You can do it. I offer my pm boxxx for talking should u need it!

• Options
    Well today is interesting and good.

Could not get to sleep until 3 AM last night. I have been drinking a lot more caffeine and the patch is feeling like a stimulant too. Forgot to set my alarm and woke up an hour late. Traffic was insane this morning. Took 45 minutes to drive 5 miles. Almost ran out of gas and I will be an hour late to work on a day where some important numbers were released.

Sounds terrible and a lot worse stress than my first day.

Did not even think about smoking! Been sucking on sugar free mints and laughing to Howard Stern.

I am thrilled! This is getting better. My chest feels a little lighter, I don't smell and I am less antsy.

Going to cut down (not off) the caf and am not dreading the night out tonight.

How is everyone doing including our new Rhino friend.

nice work Black D!!!!
    p.s its jen's fault you were up so late :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    nice work Black D!!!!
    p.s its jen's fault you were up so late :D
    She had help! No I wasn't going to sleep anyway so it was nice to have some terrific company.

Thanks for everything!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

Best of luck guys!
    Well Drowned Out maybe going through what I did on day 1, but on day 3 I can honestly say thanks so much for the support! I wish I didn't inhale either. Kinda like Bill Clinton.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

I am so sorry you had a terrible night! Trust me I have started and stopped quitting a thousand times and when you break it makes you feel awful.

I hope you are willing to give it another shot. Some people joined last night so there is no schedule to this. I hope you are not pissed that myself and hopefully others are going to continue to do this. I need to for myself and my family. This is the first time I know I can.

I hope you are ok! :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    how are you guys holding up?
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    Feeling great. No urges except for pretzels. Jobs a bit hectic and not getting stressed.

How are our Day 2's or 1's doing. I hope you are having an easy time.
    GoiMTvP.gif