Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Chime for starting the day off around the world.

So last night was a real test for me. Went to a monthly poker game that I play in. No one knew I was trying to quit. First thing through the door and my friend hands me an ash tray and tells me if I could smoke outside he would appreciate it. I guess my reputation preceeded me. Handed it back and told him what was up. He laughed and started a betting pool with the others to see when I would stop trying and give up. Most had me down for no more than a week. They know how many times I have tried and figured nothing would be different. But this time it is. I have all of you. Tryers and helpers. I laughed it off until someone tried to entice me with a smoke. I let him have it. He was shocked, apologized and backed off. Played poorly but ended up been in the black by the end of the night. Never thought about smoking on a night where I used to smoke a pack just at the game. I was really happy.

The mornings are not a problem anymore. Don't even think about smoking when I get up (Thank you patch) and am oblivious to it on my walk to work which used to be at least a 3 cig affair. The weekend is approaching and will see some of my friends who smoke. I don't plan on saying anything and hopefully they will not notice. Although, I think this group may understand because they have tried before also.

How is everyone this morning. I hope it is becoming easier for everyone. If you are on Day 4, 3 , 2 or 1 i hope it is an easy day. Anyone who is out there and is thinking about it, please join in. There is no set schedule and personally helps me along.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    Thanks Chime for starting the day off around the world.

So last night was a real test for me. Went to a monthly poker game that I play in. No one knew I was trying to quit. First thing through the door and my friend hands me an ash tray and tells me if I could smoke outside he would appreciate it. I guess my reputation preceeded me. Handed it back and told him what was up. He laughed and started a betting pool with the others to see when I would stop trying and give up. Most had me down for no more than a week. They know how many times I have tried and figured nothing would be different. But this time it is. I have all of you. Tryers and helpers. I laughed it off until someone tried to entice me with a smoke. I let him have it. He was shocked, apologized and backed off. Played poorly but ended up been in the black by the end of the night. Never thought about smoking on a night where I used to smoke a pack just at the game. I was really happy.

The mornings are not a problem anymore. Don't even think about smoking when I get up (Thank you patch) and am oblivious to it on my walk to work which used to be at least a 3 cig affair. The weekend is approaching and will see some of my friends who smoke. I don't plan on saying anything and hopefully they will not notice. Although, I think this group may understand because they have tried before also.

How is everyone this morning. I hope it is becoming easier for everyone. If you are on Day 4, 3 , 2 or 1 i hope it is an easy day. Anyone who is out there and is thinking about it, please join in. There is no set schedule and personally helps me along.

I need to stop smoking pole.

I kid.

How are you kiddies?
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    I need to stop smoking pole.

I kid.

How are you kiddies?

That's the response after I pour my heart out :D

You need your own Thread. The ((Stop Smoking Pole Thread)) :D:D

Let's keep this one open please. I need it too much.

Management
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

Management

Hmmmm... sex addition thread.... interesting...
  • Options

Management

Oh shit, I am soo sorry. You are right..
    Im such an attention whore.

HI Anne Marie! Im goood... but BD is right. I might need my own thread.
    I just wanted to come in here to check up on my friends. Seems like you guys are doing good. You make me proud
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    That's great, BD!!! :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    That's great, BD!!! :)
    It tis.

How is it going for you on Day 3 (or 2)?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    It tis.

How is it going for you on Day 3 (or 2)?

What?!? It feels like day 10,567. :)

Good. Working. Bored. Playing online. BTW, I don't get paid.

• Options
    hartamh wrote:
    I'm just feeling a little on the edgy side today :( . I'm not thinking of smoking, but I'm frustrated :o , and I don't know why..

Sorry to hear that! Yeah, I get a twinge here and there. What are you doing to get your mind off of it?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Okay now that ive calmed down on the nicotine... what to do about the oral fixation ( im waiting for an answer from hooker..hehe) but truly all this gum chewing, choclate eating how are we going to calm this?
  • Options
    Okay now that ive calmed down on the nicotine... what to do about the oral fixation ( im waiting for an answer from hooker..hehe) but truly all this gum chewing, choclate eating how are we going to calm this?

I hate chewing gum but it seems to be helping. This one will be an easy kick.

As for weight gain, in my opinion you have to give yourself a little breathing room. I gave myself 10 pounds. i tried quitting smoking and a diet at the same time and was going to blow my brains out.

Temporarty setbacks in other areas are worth this goal first. Of course this is my opinion.

I am BD and I approved this message.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    I think I finally figured out what the problem was :) . I didn't change my patch today, well I think that was it ;)

That's funny I have done that. Not this time but before. I was like WHY am I so stressed and really jonesing.

My wife is leaving one out for me in the AM so I don't forget.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Update Please
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    I hate chewing gum but it seems to be helping. This one will be an easy kick.

As for weight gain, in my opinion you have to give yourself a little breathing room. I gave myself 10 pounds. i tried quitting smoking and a diet at the same time and was going to blow my brains out.

Temporarty setbacks in other areas are worth this goal first. Of course this is my opinion.

I am BD and I approved this message.

I do agree with the weight gain although... I wasnt going to attempt to kick the habit until I was comfortable with my own eating agenda.
  • Options
    ah, brutal day so far for me...
    I am running on four hours sleep (late hockey game)...
    Normally if I felt this bad at work, I'd be slacking a bit and smoking more....being extremely tired doesn't help the mental fortitude either.
    But I haven't caved...not a single puff.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    ah, brutal day so far for me...
    I am running on four hours sleep (late hockey game)...
    Normally if I felt this bad at work, I'd be slacking a bit and smoking more....being extremely tired doesn't help the mental fortitude either.
    But I haven't caved...not a single puff.

YAY!!!!!!! Im sending over a bouquet of balloons in honor of your progress!!! :D SO proud of you!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    good job Drowned out! wish i could report the same... smoking also kills time at work so its a hard habit to break but if you can do it today u can do it anyday! :)
  • Options
    aw, thanks ladies. The annoyance of quitting is incentive enough to quit. I hate going thru this shite over and over again...if I stick with it, I won't have to do it again (duh :D ).
  • Options
    Okay, after three glasses of wine tonight...

I found a ciggie in my car and SMOKED IT. It tasted nasty if you are interested. I am from the deep south, so...

Tomorrow is another day. :)

• Options
    I never will again. For those that are following my day, it was going fantastic. My morning cigarette craving was gone. No impulse on my way to work (usually 3). I was walking around the floor and outside without even a thought of buying or wanting a cig.

At 3:55 (I know this time because they were just bringing in beers to enjoy on Friday afternoons on the Trading Floor), my mom calls and tells me she just got off the phone with the doctor and she needed to be immediately admitted in the hospital. Her blood tests showed her red blood count was so low she could have a stroke at any second. My mom without traffic is 30 minutes from my office. Grabbed a car and it took me an hour to get there.

We then sat until 11:30 PM after doing tests for 3 hours and sitting for 3.5, that she needed to start blood transfusions to be administered over the next two days. They believe she is internally bleeding slowly and need to get her count up before the next step can be taken (BTW, I am sorry if this is too much information but I needed to get this out). I just left her there alone because I need to get some sleep (at her place alone) for all the Dr.s in the AM. Throughout all this I was in and out of the hospital calling family members for updates and such. In front was the smoking area.

I did not have one cigarette. I thought about it. I knew that this was a great excuse to go off the reservation. Who could blame me? I always had an excuse to go back. Bad things can always happen and they often do.

Well, watching my mom in this condition confirms that we don't know when we will go but being healthier definately can make a big difference on when your time is up.

That was wordy but I needed to get this out before I pass up. I hope everyone else's day did not have this much anguish and things went easy.

Have a good night and I am sure I will post over the weekend.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    Okay, after three glasses of wine tonight...

I found a ciggie in my car and SMOKED IT. It tasted nasty if you are interested. I am from the deep south, so...

Tomorrow is another day. :)

But it was only one! How many would you usually have!

Tomorrow is another day!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I never will again. For those that are following my day, it was going fantastic. My morning cigarette craving was gone. No impulse on my way to work (usually 3). I was walking around the floor and outside without even a thought of buying or wanting a cig.

At 3:55 (I know this time because they were just bringing in beers to enjoy on Friday afternoons on the Trading Floor), my mom calls and tells me she just got off the phone with the doctor and she needed to be immediately admitted in the hospital. Her blood tests showed her red blood count was so low she could have a stroke at any second. My mom without traffic is 30 minutes from my office. Grabbed a car and it took me an hour to get there.

We then sat until 11:30 PM after doing tests for 3 hours and sitting for 3.5, that she needed to start blood transfusions to be administered over the next two days. They believe she is internally bleeding slowly and need to get her count up before the next step can be taken (BTW, I am sorry if this is too much information but I needed to get this out). I just left her there alone because I need to get some sleep (at her place alone) for all the Dr.s in the AM. Throughout all this I was in and out of the hospital calling family members for updates and such. In front was the smoking area.

I did not have one cigarette. I thought about it. I knew that this was a great excuse to go off the reservation. Who could blame me? I always had an excuse to go back. Bad things can always happen and they often do.

Well, watching my mom in this condition confirms that we don't know when we will go but being healthier definately can make a big difference on when your time is up.

That was wordy but I needed to get this out before I pass up. I hope everyone else's day did not have this much anguish and things went easy.

Have a good night and I am sure I will post over the weekend.
    yikes, hope your mom is ok. Sounds like they caught it in time...I'm no doctor, but it sounds like if they are aware of her condition, they will be watching closely, and they already have a treatment planned. all my best to you and yours...
    and good on ya for not smoking. You are right; there will never be a good time, there will always be tests and surprises and bumps in the road...maybe a minor setback or two (right, kcherub ;) )...you just have to stay aware that your mind is making those excuses, and realize that they ARE nothing but excuses....you have the power to do whatever you want to do, no matter the circumstance. us humans always seem too scared to realize our true potential.
    keep up the good work, and I wish your mom a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    yikes, hope your mom is ok. Sounds like they caught it in time...I'm no doctor, but it sounds like if they are aware of her condition, they will be watching closely, and they already have a treatment planned. all my best to you and yours...
    and good on ya for not smoking. You are right; there will never be a good time, there will always be tests and surprises and bumps in the road...maybe a minor setback or two (right, kcherub ;) )...you just have to stay aware that your mind is making those excuses, and realize that they ARE nothing but excuses....you have the power to do whatever you want to do, no matter the circumstance. us humans always seem too scared to realize our true potential.
    keep up the good work, and I wish your mom a speedy recovery.

Wow! Thanks for the kind words. Heading back to hospital now. I went and bought new patches because I did not want to run out on the old one. I am obsessed. No desire for it.

How is it going for you.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    BD...I hope your Mom will be okay. That is such a blessing that she had some warning. Update us when you can...

Good morning here. :)

• Options
    I have been getting small blackouts from nicotine withdrawl... I found this site looking for herbal remedies and the blackouts.... It seems like a good source of info! :D

http://www.quitsmokingxl.com
  • Options
    I have been getting small blackouts from nicotine withdrawl... I found this site looking for herbal remedies and the blackouts.... It seems like a good source of info! :D

http://www.quitsmokingxl.com

Oh, Lord. Don't tell me this, or I will start having them! I can't even read the side effects of anything...if 2% of people get something, I will be in that 2%. :)

Hope you are good today!!!

• Options
    kcherub wrote:
    Oh, Lord. Don't tell me this, or I will start having them! I can't even read the side effects of anything...if 2% of people get something, I will be in that 2%. :)

Hope you are good today!!!

Woman... i was scared I needed a CAT scan!!! I am good today! So far anyhoo... hehehe... Dont forget I am cold turkey.... no nicotine replacements...
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    BD am so sorry about the problems your Mum is having. Hope you get some more info today and they get a treatment plan in place.

Other than that I hope youa re all having a good weekend :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    BD, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. MY prayers are with you and your family. What exactly happen to her that made her start bleeding internally?

You've had some week and yet you got yourself through it without a cigarette. I am so proud of you. I haven't smoked either.

Please keep me posted on your mom ok?

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful thoughts and prayers. I am very hopeful everything will be OK. My mom is a very strong lady and has just gone through two bouts of breast cancer. She will beat whatever this is too.

I think I am going to change to Jonah. I think the Big Man is testing my commitment this week to stopping. So far after bad work stuff, my mom, the trifecta of stress is completed with a Tropical Storm last night. Lots of flooding, lost 2 trees and a blackout later, STILL have not smoked.

PUT on a few pounds though. Pants are getting a little tight!

I hope everyone is doing great and look forward to hearing about your progress.

Have a great Sunday. Going to see my mom and taking the boys to Mets game.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Your alot stronger than you know :) , and I bet your mom will get through this. I believe you are being tested, and your winning ;)

Now you have to eat healthy and take vitamins. We want you healthy for us.

Who's pitching for the Mets today? Have a great time with the boys. You deserve every minute of it.

lol

Your man Pedro is the first game! Got my 45 on right now!
    GoiMTvP.gif