Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    checking in on you all...great job to everyone!

KosmicJelli - don't let the one slip get you down - you can do it! :)

cheers! dawn
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Keep it up, guys. G'luck.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    give me details
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    About :confused::D

duh!
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Exactly :D:D:D

Sorry, but the past couple of nights I've been up since around 1:00 am, so I've been more off than usual ;)

I've got 8 wild turkeys in my back yard right now..

I wanna be a wild turkey.
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Why! Then you'll be shot and eaten :rolleyes: open mouth insert foot :D:D:D
    Oy vey!

So back on target. Going out and seeing the smokers (my former friends) gave me a twinge. But smoke smells awful. Moved on and got sandwich and walked back another way.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Oy vey!

So back on target. Going out and seeing the smokers (my former friends) gave me a twinge. But smoke smells awful. Moved on and got sandwich and walked back another way.

Im starving, yo!
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    I'm so proud :) . Keep up the good work :)

It sucks to be me, when hubby gets home he doesn't think twice about lighting up :( , and first thing in the morning too :eek: .. Next week is going to really suck he's on vacation :( .

Do you have your own space? I am sorry that you are not getting the appropriate help in your home life.
    Feel free to vent all you want here. This is a smoke free zone. :Fresh air:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:

It sucks to be me, when hubby gets home he doesn't think twice about lighting up :( , and first thing in the morning too :eek: .. Next week is going to really suck he's on vacation :( .

damn, somebody deserves to be cut off! pretty brutal that he's not supporting your efforts. I can't talk tho, the last time I quit for a year +, it was my ex wife that encouraged me to start again.

BD - damn, I had the same morning as you. woke up a full hour late after being at least 15 min late the previous two days. Had a 9:00 meeting on the far side of town and had to get to my office before I went....

Not feeling too bad today. Only one small coffee today too (usually pound 3-4 travel mugs). Having a chicken caesar and water for lunch. Hockey starts tonight, and we're moving into a new office, with a gym, in two weeks....I'm going to be the picture of good health. I'm going to be the picture of good health. I'm going to be the picture of good health. I'm going to be the picture of good health.
  • Options
    damn, somebody deserves to be cut off! pretty brutal that he's not supporting your efforts. I can't talk tho, the last time I quit for a year +, it was my ex wife that encouraged me to start again.

BD - damn, I had the same morning as you. woke up a full hour late after being at least 15 min late the previous two days. Had a 9:00 meeting on the far side of town and had to get to my office before I went....

Not feeling too bad today. Only one small coffee today too (usually pound 3-4 travel mugs). Having a chicken caesar and water for lunch. Hockey starts tonight, and we're moving into a new office, with a gym, in two weeks....I'm going to be the picture of good health. I'm going to be the picture of good health. I'm going to be the picture of good health. I'm going to be the picture of good health.

That is awesome!! I used to have a gym in the office. With the current economic conditions, they closed it down. I think it saved some jobs so I was all for it! Joining a gym is what I am going to do with part of my savings!

Has anyone actually phyically put the money aside? I have $20 already in with another $10 tonight. On my way to paying for a 1/4 of a tank of gas.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    That is awesome!! I used to have a gym in the office. With the current economic conditions, they closed it down. I think it saved some jobs so I was all for it! Joining a gym is what I am going to do with part of my savings!

Has anyone actually phyically put the money aside? I have $20 already in with another $10 tonight. On my way to paying for a 1/4 of a tank of gas.
    I want to start putting it aside, but I dont' know if I should use the full amount....I was getting into budget trouble recently and it would be like taking money off the CC to put in a piggy bank :D I will prob try to put half away just to give myself the visual satisfaction, and if I catch up on the CC, I'll double the amount when I decide how to spend it (to save on interest charges).
  • Options
    well im happy to report....

so far, so good!

i am confident this time because i know i can quit (i quit for over 40 days a few months ago as previously stated)

i am not thinking about smoking nor do i have any cravings whatsoever.

the fact that day 1 is the hardest and that it's going so easy for me makes me optimistic about quitting.

my advice to first-time quitters or quitters who never made it long would be a number of things...

1. remember why you stopped in the first place...
    2. realize that not only will your HEALTH be WAY better, you will save lots of money too!
    3. chew gum or suck on candy or have a toothpick in your mouth if you are getting antsy.
    4. play guitar, play a video game, build something. whatever, just keep your hands busy.
    5. in the car sing along to the radio or chew gum.

i can vouch that after a couple weeks you will notice your lungs are clearer and that you can breath and smell better. you will also cough up some phleghm (sp?) but it's not that bad.

remember, it's not quitting that's hard...it's never going back that's the true challenge.
  • Options
    well im happy to report....

so far, so good!

i am confident this time because i know i can quit (i quit for over 40 days a few months ago as previously stated)

i am not thinking about smoking nor do i have any cravings whatsoever.

the fact that day 1 is the hardest and that it's going so easy for me makes me optimistic about quitting.

my advice to first-time quitters or quitters who never made it long would be a number of things...

1. remember why you stopped in the first place...
    2. realize that not only will your HEALTH be WAY better, you will save lots of money too!
    3. chew gum or suck on candy or have a toothpick in your mouth if you are getting antsy.
    4. play guitar, play a video game, build something. whatever, just keep your hands busy.
    5. in the car sing along to the radio or chew gum.

i can vouch that after a couple weeks you will notice your lungs are clearer and that you can breath and smell better. you will also cough up some phleghm (sp?) but it's not that bad.

remember, it's not quitting that's hard...it's never going back that's the true challenge.

Wow!!! And that on Day 1. Sheesh. I bow to the master! Thanks for the important advice. It's funny. I am doing all those things. Although instead of all the things in 4 above I am posting like a MF.

I am so glad this is easy and I hope we all take our money and meet somewhere cool for a beer or 10.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    ugh, I need to stay away from clocks! haha....3:00 smoke break :(
    I just caught the co-worker that quit with me red-handed.

further to what Music for Rhinos was saying about remembering the positives, I've heard many times (tho never tried it) that it helps to make a list of all of your reasons to quit, and keep in on you for when you have cravings.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I hate you, smug person :p
    edit: I mean :mad:

:p
    FUCK!
    ok....sleep will help.
    haha, no not really. i think seeing how my stepdad had to gasp for air everytime he cough kinda grossed me out about smoking. and when he died of cancer at 59, pretty sealed it for me of how bad smoking is.

i guess it depends on each person's body of how much they can handle it. some person smoke for decades and are still fine and other aren't so.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    haha, no not really. i think seeing how my stepdad had to gasp for air everytime he cough kinda grossed me out about smoking. and when he died of cancer at 59, pretty sealed it for me of how bad smoking is.

i guess it depends on each person's body of how much they can handle it. some person smoke for decades and are still fine and other aren't so.
    Well I think I can say that with my father dying at 47 that my gene pool is probably not to good at fighting lung cancer.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    not having a great day with all of this, but I will survive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:

Sorry to hear about your dad. I can't say I know how you feel, but I did watch my mother in law die of lung cancer...it pretty much tore my ex's family apart, and was a big part of my marriage failing.

hartamh - sorry to hear about your dad too :( This thread is more proof of the parent/child connection to smoking, which increases my will after the juicebox straw incident with my daughter (mentioned earlier in the thread).

...and yes, I quit one day behind you guys, I'm on day 2. :)
  • Options
    I am so sorry you had a terrible night! Trust me I have started and stopped quitting a thousand times and when you break it makes you feel awful.

I hope you are willing to give it another shot. Some people joined last night so there is no schedule to this. I hope you are not pissed that myself and hopefully others are going to continue to do this. I need to for myself and my family. This is the first time I know I can.

I hope you are ok! :)
    I am doing fine ...played Scrabble, did my paperwork/errands and slept most day cause i was so nauseated and bummed 2 smokes... ick they tasted bad and I am DONE... its been rough today cause I smoked all that... I have no support otherwise... i will be around.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    I am doing fine ...played Scrabble, did my paperwork/errands and slept most day cause i was so nauseated and bummed 2 smokes... ick they tasted bad and I am DONE... its been rough today cause I smoked all that... I have no support otherwise... i will be around.

Aw, girl! A big, huge hug to you!!!!
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

we should play SCRABBLE ONLINE TOGETHER!!!!!! Its my favorite to play at the beach or parties!!! :D Congrats on your efforts!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    we should play SCRABBLE ONLINE TOGETHER!!!!!! Its my favorite to play at the beach or parties!!! :D Congrats on your efforts!!!

YAY A SCRABBLE PARTNER!!!! PM Me when you want to play! :D
  • Options

I am glad you are gonna try again! We are here!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    MORNING ... well it is here :p ... so this will be waiting for you when it is there :D

So another day another dollar ... or five ... or ten saved, in the holiday, new tv, gig ticket, pamper day, nice dinner, new shoes, new guitar ... whatever fund :)

Congrats again ... and to those starting out again ... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    allow me to "chime" in with chime's post above.....
    you guys can DEFINITELY do it!!!! Even if you stumble, thats ok just get right back up and act like nobody saw you! :cool: You all have a reason for quitting, a driving force if you will. FOCUS ON THAT!!! You absolutely can be a success story and dont let ANYONE tell you different!!!!!!! I am not a smoker but i understand it is not easy and i am here to support you all. GO TEAM!!!!!
    oh and GOOD MORNING!!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    Lol... just because Ive smoked doesnt mean Im quitting trying. LOL you guys crack me up! :D

If I diet and eat oreos for example does that mean I should beat myself up? No! Quit Dieting?? No!... accept the mistake, figure out what I did wrong and keep going...
  • Options
    accept the mistake, figure out what I did wrong and keep going...
    helloooo??!!!! thats what i said!!! "if you fall, get up and act like nobody saw you and keep going!" :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    helloooo??!!!! thats what i said!!! "if you fall, get up and act like nobody saw you and keep going!" :D

I know yah did! I was talking about others whom are replying to this thread... :D not you SEN
  • Options
    Good for you all for what you are doing. Proud of yas!
    Its rough. I felt like such a crack head when I went from almost 2 packs a day to zero. I started jogging and the adrenaline cured my adiction. If I did not run I would twitch out ~literally. Every time I craved Id do push ups or something and it would go away. The craving disappeared after 3 weeks. Its been 3 years maybe 4 now and its not even on my mind.
    I try not to be a "born again" smoker ~ but that shit stinks and although I allow people to smoke in my home and car it bothers me a bit. It takes my breath away and the smell makes me kinda sick. I never ever thought I could quit and or feel as I do. Its funny what you can accomplish.
  • Options
    angelm19 wrote:
    Good for you all for what you are doing. Proud of yas!
    Its rough. I felt like such a crack head when I went from almost 2 packs a day to zero. I started jogging and the adrenaline cured my adiction. If I did not run I would twitch out ~literally. Every time I craved Id do push ups or something and it would go away. The craving disappeared after 3 weeks. Its been 3 years maybe 4 now and its not even on my mind.
    I try not to be a "born again" smoker ~ but that shit stinks and although I allow people to smoke in my home and car it bothers me a bit. It takes my breath away and the smell makes me kinda sick. I never ever thought I could quit and or feel as I do. Its funny what you can accomplish.

Great story. Maybe it's my age or it's only been 4 days but I don't think I can run yet. I do plan on it real soon. Thanks so much for sharing and I am certainly inspired by everyone who got through this and got on with their lives. Please keep checking in and adding to the already terrific people who are helping.
    GoiMTvP.gif