Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    yes, he is probably staring at all the people smoking outside.

Poooor BD
    Hah! No was in a meeting and in the state i am in, took a run at my boss on an issue that has been bugging me. He was a little stunned but ok. Yeah, i am having a tough afternoon. I think dream is right about the sugar issue. I need to be careful. Otherwise staying away from outside and other smokers.
    Will get some water bottles for tomorrow.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Hah! No was in a meeting and in the state i am in, took a run at my boss on an issue that has been bugging me. He was a little stunned but ok. Yeah, i am having a tough afternoon. I think dream is right about the sugar issue. I need to be careful. Otherwise staying away from outside and other smokers.
    Will get some water bottles for tomorrow.

Well if anything good comes of this you have cleared a little bit of the air of what has been bugging you at work... yah... I know ---I bought chocolate (another drug) I am craving sugar and that is making me feel crappy too!!!! Altoids bad for teeth too.... I must have brushed my teeth like 10 times today!
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbjeUVF3aAw&feature=related

I have to go ((((((HUGS)))))) for all my nicotine addicted friends... WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT!!! :confused: ...
  • Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    hartamh wrote:
    Is everybody ok? I hope so..

lol

Im fine! Thanks.
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    So are you the Happy Hooker ;) ?

Yeah I guess I am. Tee hee.
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    You in a bad mood too :( ?
    Nope. Im in a great mood!
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Good :) I don't think BD had a very good day :( .

Yeah... I dont think so either. Maybe he will have a better day tomorrow.
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    Well just left the office. I made it through without smoking. I made a serious blunder in replacing smokes with Altoids and Candy. I don't think it ever happen to me before but I had a major crash from the sugar. I am someone who never eats sugary foods so I think it came as a suprise. Certainly did not make things easier. In addition my entire afternoon was one unexpected meeting after another that brought my stress level up.

In any case this thread kept me going! I can tell you that from my new friends posting their day to trying to keep me going, it was the reason I didn't. run to the store and blow it (Like I have so many times before). Thanks so much for the good advice and good cheer. I am so proud of all of us. This is a big first step and I am glad we all took it together.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Well just left the office. I made it through without smoking. I made a serious blunder in replacing smokes with Altoids and Candy. I don't think it ever happen to me before but I had a major crash from the sugar. I am someone who never eats sugary foods so I think it came as a suprise. Certainly did not make things easier. In addition my entire afternoon was one unexpected meeting after another that brought my stress level up.

In any case this thread kept me going! I can tell you that from my new friends posting their day to trying to keep me going, it was the reason I didn't. run to the store and blow it (Like I have so many times before). Thanks so much for the good advice and good cheer. I am so proud of all of us. This is a big first step and I am glad we all took it together.

Thats what the Jamily is for! Ruff Ruff...Grrrrrr... make mine a double! I think I am going for a drink!
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Keep up the good work fellas!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089

Arghh was just coming on to ask same. Hurdle number 1 done and you have a BIG fan here all of you.

Too funny about the candy and yep it'll do that to you. Maybe try seeds.....pumpkin, sunflower etc. They dont taste too bad and are full of good fats and oils.

Keep it going team!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

Im proud of you Black D!!! Im trying to think of a name for the team in this thread so i can make a shirt like i told you. :) Gimme a name gimme a name!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    So I got into wicked fight with my wife and I think I better go to sleep before I start a national crisis. Even with everything that went wrong today, I am still proud of myself and everyone and move on to day 2.

Lessons learned

Not too much sugar
    Don't talk to your boss if you have nothing nice to say
    Same rules for your wife and kids

Hopefully, I find my sense of humor in the morning
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    So I got into wicked fight with my wife and I think I better go to sleep before I start a national crisis. Even with everything that went wrong today, I am still proud of myself and everyone and move on to day 2.

Lessons learned

Not too much sugar
    Don't talk to your boss if you have nothing nice to say
    Same rules for your wife and kids

Hopefully, I find my sense of humor in the morning

I am sure your wife understands where its all coming from. Its a lot to get used to on all accounts. DO NOT GET DEPRESSED or have DOUBT! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! And hey, this thread will be a good journal to look back on WHEN u are free and clear. Im proud of you.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    I am sure your wife understands where its all coming from. Its a lot to get used to on all accounts. DO NOT GET DEPRESSED or have DOUBT! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! And hey, this thread will be a good journal to look back on WHEN u are free and clear. Im proud of you.

You are the best!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Okay, so I was not successful today. I tried a losenge this morning, but it made me sick. Trying patches tomorrow, just being sure to take them off before bed. It is going to take a lot of willpower to stick one on first thing in the morning, but as long as I don't sleep in it my skin seems to do okay.

Glad to hear that you others did well today! Good on ya! :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    Okay, so I was not successful today. I tried a losenge this morning, but it made me sick. Trying patches tomorrow, just being sure to take them off before bed. It is going to take a lot of willpower to stick one on first thing in the morning, but as long as I don't sleep in it my skin seems to do okay.

No sheepish post necessary! Good for you that you are going to try again! Trust me was the hardest day of my life! Come on the boards so we can cheer or help you on!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:

so what! at least you tried right? try harder tomorrow with a will to win!!!! NO EXXXCUSES!!!!

• Options
    Thanks, ya'll. :)

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    So it's gone lunchtime here (and therefore I know you guys are now up and about) so I thought I'd ask how is day 2 starting out for you all.

congrats on surviving day 1 :)

... and good luck for those starting out on day 1 ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    OMg didnt sleep again... washed all my clothes that smelled like smoke... I have a ton of clothes too!!! My neighbors will see the clothes line and go, "Wholly Cotton crop batman!! How many pairs of jeans does this chick have????""""... I am so tired but keeping away the DT's unlike last time... been butting heads with the kids the past few days with all the "back to school" crap!! But its okay... they still cant understand why mom is soooooooooo crabby... but getting better!
  • Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

It's a hot one here. Sorry for being late! Today was the first school day and my middle one's first day of kindergarten. Makes life worth living! Took him to school and all the girls were swarming on him. That's my boy! I realize how much I could miss if I die. My dad died of lung cancer and he would have loved to have been there for this. Makes me even more committed.

Got a good night's sleep (wierd dream since I was wearing the patch, naked at the Rublican Convention I think :D )

Anyway, got through the morning cig moment. Can't say it did not cross my mind. But, it was much easier than yesterday.

Will be getting gum and other non_sugar things today. Thanks for all the great advice everyone.

I have to thank Hartamh and Jelli for all the good words and doing this so vocally with me. And thanks to all of you past and non-smokers who have been really vocal!

Kcherub you can do it.

Where are you other tryers. Let's here from you good or bad!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    LMFAO... running through the publican' convention naked???? Damn and it was in Minneapolis too! I missed it! :p *singing* "They Call him the Streak..." Ummmm.... take off the patch at night that is what I have heard.... hehe
  • Options
    When my gf and I quit in January she wore the patch for about 3 weeks and she had crazy "vivid" dreams. I think it actually said you may have vivid dreams on the box. I went cold turkey because I didn't smoke as much. Anyways... keep up the good work!
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    I'm so happy to see that ;)
    True and thanks!

So a weird mental association with smoking. I work in a trading pit on Wall Street. I've got one of those jobs where I rarely leave my seat. On the phone, Bloomberg, Computer, etc.

So the only time I get out of my seat is usually to smoke or grab food.

Got up to go to meeting and all of a sudden got very hungry and wanted a cig. Apparently I have to stay seated the whole day! :)

As far as mood! Comparing yesterday to today is a joke! Feel good and keeping off the sweets has helped a lot. Chewing Sugar Free Gum and eating pretzels.

How is everyone else doing Midday (or whatever time you are on?)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hi guys! How are you all doing?
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    hi guys! How are you all doing?
    Better that you are here :)

Doing much better today!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    LOL! Going for a pizza now, and so we will see...

• Options
    kcherub wrote:
    LOL! Going for a pizza now, and so we will see...
    YAY! you did it! Day one sucks! Day 2 is much better! You can do it!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    BD speaks the truth ;) , and then there were (((((3)))))
    No ((((4)))), don't forget Jelli! Also I think the others are doing it but we have not gotten update!

I hope so!
    GoiMTvP.gif