Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    OK so made it through commute and walk. Get to the office and

1) One of my guys resigns and leaves me with a load of work
    2) My primary guy calls in sick and there are tons of reports due today

I have great luck!

I am holding in there. My breakfast is working wonders!

Blessing in disguise ... plenty to keep you busy and mind on other things ;)

... this time tomorrow you'll be able to say 'if I could get through a day like yesterday without smoking I can get through anything' :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Way to go!!! Keep thinking of all the positive things that come from not smoking. You can do it!
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    Way to go!!! Keep thinking of all the positive things that come from not smoking. You can do it!
    It's people like you, who make our day!

Thanks for the good words and keep checking in.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    It's strange I keep going for a cigarette :eek:
    I have walked to the elevator twice now. Just bought stock in Altoids and want to bite off my arm.

Otherwise fine!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    my dad said that when he quit, the first two weeks were the hardest, and out of those, the first 3 days were complete hell.

but KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
    you'll feel better
    and hey- you may have saved your life!

you guys can do it!
  • Options
    good luck...you CAN do it! :)
    quitting smoking is the one of the single greatest things you can do for yourself. i will be celebrating 5 years smoke-free this december 1st! wooooohooooo! i smoked for 20 years....:eek:. i started young and i LOVEd it...but finally realized, i just did NOT want to be a smoker anymore. i had quit and quit and quit sooo many times in the paat, countless 24 hour smoke-free periods....but not until 5 yers ago did i *truly* know i wanted to be smoke-free. by then with numerous failed attempts behind me i knew what i needed to do, what i would feel, how long it would go on, etc. i took wellbutrin and used the nicoderm patch....both lifesavers for me. when i hit the 5 week mark - my previous record for being smoke-free i was ridiculousy PROUD and 100% determined to never smoke a cigarette again. amazingly, i have ZERO desire to smoke, and quite honestly i cannot stand the smell of it anymore. i still feel great about it.

you can do it....you can do it....you can do it!
    if you want it...make it happen!
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    good luck...you CAN do it! :)
    quitting smoking is the one of the single greatest things you can do for yourself. i will be celebrating 5 years smoke-free this december 1st! wooooohooooo! i smoked for 20 years....:eek:. i started young and i LOVEd it...but finally realized, i just did NOT want to be a smoker anymore. i had quit and quit and quit sooo many times in the paat, countless 24 hour smoke-free periods....but not until 5 yers ago did i *truly* know i wanted to be smoke-free. by then with numerous failed attempts behind me i knew what i needed to do, what i would feel, how long it would go on, etc. i took wellbutrin and used the nicoderm patch....both lifesavers for me. when i hit the 5 week mark - my previous record for being smoke-free i was ridiculousy PROUD and 100% determined to never smoke a cigarette again. amazingly, i have ZERO desire to smoke, and quite honestly i cannot stand the smell of it anymore. i still feel great about it.

you can do it....you can do it....you can do it!
    if you want it...make it happen!
    :D
    you are my hero! So you did the patch and Wellabutrin together? That must have helped with the heebies I am now having. Is that typical?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    So went down for my lunch and passed about 20 smokers. It does really smell. I guess I stunk and never noticed.

Also I think I have not coughed today! That has not happend in years!

Lunch has never been so good!

Stil want to eat my arm though!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Good for you BD :) . Wait till you stop smoking down the road from now, you will be gagging from the smell of smoke :) .

Stay with it my friend ;) .
    you are quite calm for someone who has stopped. I am impressed!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Glad to read that you're all doing well - keep up the good work! :) Been thinking of you all!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    you are my hero! So you did the patch and Wellabutrin together? That must have helped with the heebies I am now having. Is that typical?

yes....and yes.
    the patch obviously helps with the nicotine withdrawl, the wellbutrin helps with mood. the wellbutrin helped so much that many who know me didn't even realize i quit :eek:...which means it helped enormously in keeping me from being the raving bitch i normally was whenever i quit. :p granted, i still had moments...and *anxious* doesn't even begin to describe the feelings, but it DOES get soooo much better the longer you go without. just truly, truly *want* it, and you CAN do it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    yes....and yes.
    the patch obviously helps with the nicotine withdrawl, the wellbutrin helps with mood. the wellbutrin helped so much that many who know me didn't even realize i quit :eek:...which means it helped enormously in keeping me from being the raving bitch i normally was whenever i quit. :p granted, i still had moments...and *anxious* doesn't even begin to describe the feelings, but it DOES get soooo much better the longer you go without. just truly, truly *want* it, and you CAN do it!

Good advice. Calling my Dr. I am acting like a total tool today and I am really feeling stress a lot.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Diggin the updates Black D!!! And hey, I know Im late in responding here but REMEMBER.....DISTRACTIONS. Keep FOCUSED!!!! Eye of the tiger!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! ok go ahead, swing at me. I can take it.

Hart you DO seem calm! Thats good!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Good advice. Calling my Dr. I am acting like a total tool today and I am really feeling stress a lot.

No stress! Sing your name over and over again!!! And picture The Master singing it!!! awwww you CHUMP! The Master sang your name!!! :eek:

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Diggin the updates Black D!!! And hey, I know Im late in responding here but REMEMBER.....DISTRACTIONS. Keep FOCUSED!!!! Eye of the tiger!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! ok go ahead, swing at me. I can take it.

Hart you DO seem calm! Thats good!!!

I'd rather eat my own arm (which is tasty) than take a swing at the likes of you! Thanks for the words of encouragement.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    That's cuz I'm wasted ;) only kidding :D:D
    Ahah!! Still quite impressive.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I'd rather eat my own arm (which is tasty) than take a swing at the likes of you! Thanks for the words of encouragement.

HAHAHAHA i just got a mental picture of you grubbin on your arm!!!! :D Maybe melt some cheese on there....add some tomatoes.....you got yourself a snack! Chew straws in between. dont SWALLOW THEM just CHEW them!!!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHAHA i just got a mental picture of you grubbin on your arm!!!! :D Maybe melt some cheese on there....add some tomatoes.....you got yourself a snack! Chew straws in between. dont SWALLOW THEM just CHEW them!!!

I am actually go through boxes of altoids. Anyone think there are side effects?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    That's cuz I'm wasted ;) only kidding :D:D

its ok we know you are NOT kidding!!! What are you drinking over there huh?

• Options

oooh a numb tongue?

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    oooh a numb tongue?
    Got that. How about everything smells like cinnamon. They are curiously strong.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Got that. How about everything smells like cinnamon. They are curiously strong.

they are indeed strong. you do what ya gotta do man!!!

• Options
    I did it! At 10:45 pm put the last one out... only fair since BD is on the eastern standard time. I went to bed all stressed and antsy... so I decided to clean the whole house of anything that would be tempting me to smoke cigarettes. Ick didnt get to bed until 3:30am because I decided to clean everything else while I was at it! Bit stressed have to get the kids off to school tommorow for their first day... but dealing with it... bought a Crunch bar!
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Yay!!!! I was wondering if anyone else quit today? I'm so happy to hear this :)

Well I had been quasi-quitting since I made the PACT here... grrr was crabby all weekend... still crabby today!
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Are you on the patch or did you go cold turkey??

Cold Turkey! No patch... I was weening myself down for the past 5 days...
  • Options
    How are you doing with things HART??? :)
  • Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    OH MY MOSES! BD is MISSING!!!!!!!
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    OH MY MOSES! BD is MISSING!!!!!!!

LMAO... I dont know... I think he might be freaking out! lol :p
  • Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    LMAO... I dont know... I think he might be freaking out! lol :p

yes, he is probably staring at all the people smoking outside.

Poooor BD
    Nice to know you.
  • Options

sugar rush...and crash. really not too desirable, especially in the already stressed state of quitting. i would strongly suggest switiching to something sugar-free. i found chewing gum a GREAt help...and amazingly, drinking lots of water. water is great on so many levels.

btw - the wellbutrin takes time to 'kick in'...it is usually recommended to start taking it 2 to 4? (i can't remember which) weeks before you quit, for the full effects. obviously, the patch you just start the ay you want to quit. either way, it's sure to help the edginess/moodiness......just don't expect results tomorrow. i took wellbutrin for 3 months i think, maybe 4....and the nicoderm patch 12 weeks or however long they recommend. again, being 5 years ago..i don't remember precisely.

good luck!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...