((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• I move alot to help ease the stress of this and just everyday life...

Dont laugh... i hate sitting on my ass while im on the puter I dance for at least an hour straight... just so you all know what Im doing while Im posting... HA!!!

At least Im not naked with crisco on my body with stuffed animals around me... maybe??//// hehe... ;)
  • Well can't sleep but got through weekend from hell. I was tested in a big way but made it through with all of your help.

Thank you so much for the kind words and being there. It has meant the world to me and I have not started again because of it.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Let's hear how you are doing?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Day 7!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good stuff team

How many are doing this?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • hartamh wrote:
    Wow! I can't believe we're up to day 7 :) . I'm still not smoking.

I would just like to thank everyone for your support. This includes my friends that are trying to stop smoking on this site. All of your words of encouragement have made such a difference to me, and I hope in some way I have to you :) .

lol ;)
    :Humble: Oh please. Without you none of us would be able to do this. Especially me. I know it. You know it.
    The AET knows it.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    So tomorrow is a week smoke free ... do you get a badge? ... a certificate? ... I think you should all treat yourselves to a celebratory CAKE :) ... who doesn't like cake? ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Chime wrote:
    So tomorrow is a week smoke free ... do you get a badge? ... a certificate? ... I think you should all treat yourselves to a celebratory CAKE :) ... who doesn't like cake? ;)
    True! Who doesn't like cake. Although I am a pie man myself. This being Sept. I think Apple Pie is my choice. A la mode. Cinnamon Ice Cream. MMMM. I might be needing so new close with stretchy. :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • hartamh wrote:
    So I take it you are doing well with quitting :) ?

How is you mom doing? I couldn't stop thinking of her.

Did you have a good time at the game yesterday? How did my Pedro do ;) ?
    I am doing really well. This weekend was some test but got through it. Today is going to be an interesting one. My mom's tests and work is going to be a doozy.

Mom is in good spirits. I am hoping this is going to be minor.

Pedro pitched awful. :( I am 0-4 with the kids this year. I am trying to keep them interested.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • hartamh wrote:
    BD, I think life itself is a test don't you? I'm proud that you made it this far and WILL continue not to smoke. You did have an bad week and you made it. :)

I'm hoping everything turns out good for your mom and family. Work always sucks at some point, but your a strong person and you'll get through it. I know you will :)

So Pedro was not at his best :( . Did you guys stay for the whole game?
    Everything you say is true. I will keep that in mind.

We left in 8th. Mom's hospital is near Shea so we went and said goodnight.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Congratulations on seven days strong. Keep it up. You will be challenged, but you can do it.

Day 213 Smoke-Free.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • DonJon wrote:
    Day 7!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good stuff team

How many are doing this?

Thanks for always checking in DonJon! It is very helpful that you are encouraging us!

I think we are above five at this point. Hopefully more will join.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Woohoo!! We are hitting a week tommorow! YAY! My DT's are getting better and have been spent alot of time reading yesterday.....
  • Keep going guys. It's totally worth it. Fuck smoking.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • hartamh wrote:
    I'm so happy for you :) . Reading is a really good way to keep your mind off of other things. Whatever works right :)
    YUP! I still feel nauseated, but good!
  • I just wanna know hwen ya'all taken off those patches???
  • I just wanna know hwen ya'all taken off those patches???
    Hey, It is a 3 step program where each step removes a 1/3 of the amount of nicotine. It depends on how much you smoke. For me it's 4 weeks at step 1, 2 weeks at step 2 and 2 weeks at step 3.

So 2 months from the start give or take.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    good (((vibesss))) sent out to you all...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• good (((vibesss))) sent out to you all...~

Thank you very kindly! You are making this soooo much easier than it would have been,
    :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Thanks for always checking in DonJon! It is very helpful that you are encouraging us!

I think we are above five at this point. Hopefully more will join.

Its my polite way of prodding you guys up the arse :D

Five or more??? Thats damn impressive to hear. Good on ALL of you.

I havent had time to read much the last few days but briefly saw a few of your posts re family. WOW thats a real tester isnt it!?!?!?! Thoughts are with you.

Day 8 or 9 now......hardest part is done. Go team
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Chime wrote:

once again i agree with Chime! WELL DONE!!!!
    in honor of this 7th day and 5th day and 3rd day and maybe 1st day for some, I created something for all of you. Please CLICK HERE and print this for yourselves!!! Congrats you guys, I am really proud of you!!!!

p.s i hope you dont mind the team name i made up :o
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK! wrote:
    in honor of this 7th day and 5th day and 3rd day and maybe 1st day for some, I created something for all of you. Please CLICK HERE and print this for yourselves!!! Congrats you guys, I am really proud of you!!!!

... and I think SEN is a star :) That is very cool :D :cool:
  • StellaStella Posts: 283
    Congrats to all those doing well! We are all very proud of you. :)

--- And if you've had a slip up, we're still proud, so keep up the awesome work :)
    I have no signature
  • Before I give my update on a week of not smoking, I have to say something to the many of you who may have been smokers in the past or never picked up the most awful habit of all time, who daily or even one time have sent well wishes, encouraging thoughts and advice. Your are as much the story here as what I (we) have done. I can not thank all of you enough, from the bottom of my heart. In the words of EV at the end of MSG II this year, My kids thank you, my parents than you. I thank you. I need to meet all of you at some point and buy you many drinks or whatever makes you happy for what you have given me. More time to spend with my family and hopedfully something back to the world with my time.

To those of you who are doing this with me, whatever day you are on, you have been amazing co-conspirators in getting our lives and lungs back. Your successes, minor setbacks and getting back on the horse stories have guided me through this. I will never be able to repay my debt.

I have tried so many times to get to my 8th day of not smoking. Literally 100's of times. Some BS excuse seems to get into my psyche which leads me to lying to my wife and myself. I will tell you how bad I was hooked. The first thing I told my non-smoking wife the day I met her was that I smoked and that there was no way I would ever stop. Who says that? I had so many women stop going out with me because of smoking. It has cost me Thousands of dollars that could have been spent on literally anything!

I can not believe I have gotten a week without a cigarette. I am feeling better, I smell better and I am more alert. I am smiling a lot and I am very happy. It has been a week with a lot of Stress. I got some great news last night that my mom's condition in non-life threatening and in fact is going home tonight! That will make week 2 much easier. I know in my heart that I am done, it's convincing my very stubborn head that it is over. There is still a long way to go before I get of the tunnel. Getting off the patch and starting things (exercise) to get me healthy. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever had a healthy day in my adult life. I would like to experience it!

Again thank you to everyone and I hope this is just the beginning!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Chime wrote:

Now that's a cake (MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!)

Thank you soooo much for everything!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • SENROCK! wrote:

I looooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee this!

Exxxtend Your Life Crew Thanks You for Everything!

The Windy City and the Art Intstitute would be lucky to have you!!!

Thank you my friend and to your parents for the prayers! They worked wonders.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Whom is at the art institute? :D I want to go to the Thorne Rooms RIGHT NOW!!!!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I looooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee this!

Exxxtend Your Life Crew Thanks You for Everything!

Thank you my friend and to your parents for the prayers! They worked wonders.

YOU are welcome! Round of applause for you and the rest of the EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE crew!

The Windy City and the Art Intstitute would be lucky to have you!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • I love the one of the more popular pics of PJ on the side of the CAoI.... is where I got my first kiss!!!!
  • I'm not a smoker, so I am not here to quit, but I wanted to offer my congrats and support to those that have chosen to try to quit and become that much healthier.

My mom smoked for years (over 15), and quit when she was pregnant with me, and then started back up and then quit cold turkey when I was almost 4, so its going on over 21 years for her. She NEVER had another cigarette after that day she chose to quit cold turkey.

I wish you all the same strength and wonderful results.
    SENROCK! wrote:

Oh shucks Sen...thats a wonderful reward. May even print one out for myself if thats alright. "Extend your Life"...great name

I spoke at length with a close mate last night who has been off them for three months. Did it with a product called Champex (sp?). Looks back now and says its the second best thing in his life. Baby daughter was born last month which was part of his motivation. He also said it was only about 25% of the pain/mental battle he thought it would be. " was over them by week three"

Reckons its changed his life........well thats good enough then for me