Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I've barely smoked since I decided to quit. I think in my head I've already stopped. I'm not going to buy another pack and I'm not sure I'll even finish this one. Good luck to everyone, including myself :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I've barely smoked since I decided to quit. I think in my head I've already stopped. I'm not going to buy another pack and I'm not sure I'll even finish this one. Good luck to everyone, including myself :)
    Wow!

An inspiration! Your making me think I should start early but I like a deadline.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Wow!

An inspiration! Your making me think I should start early but I like a deadline.
    Normally I do too, but it's like the decisions made y'know?

I only hope it doesn't bite my ass later :o

I'm not enjoying it, I don't want to do it, so why delay the inevitable? And hey, only a couple of days to go :) Stick with your plan, it's going to work :)
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Same :)

I've probably had three cigarettes in the last 2 months and they were when drunk. It's a kind of progress I suppose... :p
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    KosmicJelliKosmicJelli Posts: 1,855
    Normally I do too, but it's like the decisions made y'know?

I only hope it doesn't bite my ass later :o

I'm not enjoying it, I don't want to do it, so why delay the inevitable? And hey, only a couple of days to go :) Stick with your plan, it's going to work :)

Me too.. ive only bought 1 pack in the past two days and have been handing them out... Ive only had about 10 smokes!! YAY for me!!!! Considering I was smoking a pack and a half a day... I changed my routine this morning... no coffee and smoke first thing... shower and getting dressed first... I felt good afterwards cause I couldnt smell the smoke on myself... and felt super clean! I went and did a bunch of stuff, went and visited friends and help at the relay for life... Is a good place... to help especially when your quitting smoking. I have NO right to harm my perfectly healthy body when so many are touched by cancer....
  • Options
    So it sounds like everyone is getting ready in their own way. 2 days till official start. I smoked half of what I usually do yesterday.

Feeling ready.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    jocelynjocelyn Posts: 67
    Good luck, all of you! Having support is really helpful because people will hold you accountable in a way that sometimes you yourself cannot.

I quit October 13, 2006...coming up on 2 years! I was a pack and a half a day smoker for over 10 years.

I'm really glad I did it and I'll be thinking of all of you!
    "I can only be as good as you'll let me."
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    1 week clean.

A few urges here and there but not bad.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    1 week clean.

A few urges here and there but not bad.
    Aweome! All these people with head starts are making me envious. Whic is a good thing.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    jocelyn wrote:
    Good luck, all of you! Having support is really helpful because people will hold you accountable in a way that sometimes you yourself cannot.

I quit October 13, 2006...coming up on 2 years! I was a pack and a half a day smoker for over 10 years.

I'm really glad I did it and I'll be thinking of all of you!
    Tahnk you so much abd congrat! People like you egging us on is going to keep me going.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Same :)

I've probably had three cigarettes in the last 2 months and they were when drunk. It's a kind of progress I suppose... :p

Progess? That's amazing. You should be super-psyched. Please do this along with us. Someone who has had that much progress I need to hear from.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Progess? That's amazing. You should be super-psyched. Please do this along with us. Someone who has had that much progress I need to hear from.
    Well I was probably nowhere near as dependent on cigarettes as some of you guys here, hence my downplaying the significance somewhat. I had only been smoking heavily for about 6 months. I started socially a couple of years ago and it turned into a regular thing a while back as a kind of stress relief. I never felt like I was physiologically addicted but psychologically, definitely so. One week I might go through just a couple of cigarettes, another week around 3 or 4 packets a week. I never really felt a strong physical need for smoking, except in times of stress, but I felt a mental need for them pretty much all the time for a few months.

Eventually I just decided that, without a full blown addiction, I had absolutely no excuse for doing it, considering the damage to my financial situation and my health. It just seemed ridiculous. Haven't bought cigarettes for about 2 months and have only smoked ones I got from friends when drunk :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Good luck!!

I am not ready to quit....dont know why either....Maybe it is the whole headache thing, or the gaining weight thing, or the simply dont want too thing...Not quite sure, but I am entertaining the idea after this carton is gone....

Either way...you all have my support!!! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Good luck!!

I am not ready to quit....dont know why either....Maybe it is the whole headache thing, or the gaining weight thing, or the simply dont want too thing...Not quite sure, but I am entertaining the idea after this carton is gone....

Either way...you all have my support!!! :D

No rush! Join us when you are ready or just follow along. You might get into it.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    *dawn* wrote:

When I quit cigarettes - I also went cold turkey. The hardest times were when I was driving, drinking, or after smoking herb.

Thank you thank you thank you for saying that. I am so sick of people telling me it 'should be easy to quit cause you can smoke the other stuff when you have a craving'.....ugh! It's another trigger, and it does nothing to alleviate the craving...for me it makes it worse.

I'm tempted to join you guys, but I'm tired of publicly announcing that I'm quitting, and then having to face people again with a smoke in my hand.... ugh, listen to the drug talk....maybe I could just quit for good = problem solved? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Thank you thank you thank you for saying that. I am so sick of people telling me it 'should be easy to quit cause you can smoke the other stuff when you have a craving'.....ugh! It's another trigger, and it does nothing to alleviate the craving...for me it makes it worse.

I'm tempted to join you guys, but I'm tired of publicly announcing that I'm quitting, and then having to face people again with a smoke in my hand.... ugh, listen to the drug talk....maybe I could just quit for good = problem solved? :rolleyes:

The good thing about it is there is no reason for public announcements. We have all been there and gone back. I promise there would not be any kind of ridicule. I have been struggling for over 25 years. You don't even have to tell us you are doing it. Just do whatever you want. The only reason for the thread is so that I and some others can rely on each other because we have tried to quit on our own and it did not work.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    The good thing about it is there is no reason for public announcements. We have all been there and gone back. I promise there would not be any kind of ridicule. I have been struggling for over 25 years. You don't even have to tell us you are doing it. Just do whatever you want. The only reason for the thread is so that I and some others can rely on each other because we have tried to quit on our own and it did not work.
    ya, I've failed so many bloody times that I'm now finding it hard to commit to trying again. My last attempt lasted three days :( I've quit twice for over a year and ended up starting again....it really is a lifelong struggle, my old man has quit for over five years at a time and started again (tho he's now almost two years tobacco free :) )
    I'll probably give it a shot...I've smoked from a very young age, I'm 34 and have smoked almost as long as you...
    I promised myself I'd quit before I had kids, and I now have two that are 5 and 2...tho she rarely sees me smoke, and I don't smoke in the house, my 5 yr old was pretending to smoke her juice box straw the other day...I don't think I have to tell anyone how that made me feel....
  • Options
    ya, I've failed so many bloody times that I'm now finding it hard to commit to trying again. My last attempt lasted three days :( I've quit twice for over a year and ended up starting again....it really is a lifelong struggle, my old man has quit for over five years at a time and started again (tho he's now almost two years tobacco free :) )
    I'll probably give it a shot...I've smoked from a very young age, I'm 34 and have smoked almost as long as you...
    I promised myself I'd quit before I had kids, and I now have two that are 5 and 2...tho she rarely sees me smoke, and I don't smoke in the house, my 5 yr old was pretending to smoke her juice box straw the other day...I don't think I have to tell anyone how that made me feel....
    I know how you feel. I have 3 myself. I do not smoke around them and they are starting to pick it up. A try to take walks and they tried to follow me. Any day now. Plus my dad died of lung cancer at 47. I am about 42. It is way beyond time for me.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    The crankies and veracious ravenous-itis is starting to set in just on smoking 10 a day.... Im getting a bit loopy and want to sleep...

I had road rage for 40 miles today, swearing and passing tourist telling them I cant wait til they all go home after this weekend.

Looking for thind to fill the oral fixation... had to buy a bunch of salad fixings to curb the cravings...

I getting tense, jittery and not thinking straight... think its time to throw the patch on!
  • Options
    Good luck to all of you trying to quit.

I know it's very hard, the hardest thing I did. I smoked for 21 years and went cold turkey. After going through "Hell Week" I decided I would never touch another cigarette again. I will not go through "Hell Week" again.

Get all the help and support you need. It will be worth it.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    The crankies and veracious ravenous-itis is starting to set in just on smoking 10 a day.... Im getting a bit loopy and want to sleep...

I had road rage for 40 miles today, swearing and passing tourist telling them I cant wait til they all go home after this weekend.

Looking for thind to fill the oral fixation... had to buy a bunch of salad fixings to curb the cravings...

I getting tense, jittery and not thinking straight... think its time to throw the patch on!
    Sounds like me on a normal day. I ca,'t wait to see what I am like after Tuesday.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Sounds like me on a normal day. I ca,'t wait to see what I am like after Tuesday.

Well then you will be fine!!! :D Making peanut butter cookies to keep mind off of the humidor and the cigs
  • Options
    Well then you will be fine!!! :D Making peanut butter cookies to keep mind off of the humidor and the cigs
    That sounds awesome! Making Margharita's to keep my mind occupado and out there.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    That sounds awesome! Making Margharita's to keep my mind occupado and out there.
    Trying not to pull out the liquor either...it wants to make me smoke! Damn nowonder why I so flippin crabby!!! Grrrrr.... I think Ill go buy some chocolate now!
  • Options
    1/2 a day left and cut down a lot! Are the tryers! ready?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    grrrr...I'm out of smokes.
    Think I can smoke a whole pack by midnight? :p
  • Options
    grrrr...I'm out of smokes.
    Think I can smoke a whole pack by midnight? :p
    I can help. I am running out!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I can help. I am running out!

I ran out! OMG I need just one more pack!!!
  • Options
    1/2 a day left and cut down a lot! Are the tryers! ready?
    Yah ready! ahemm... scared and feeling a bit vule\nerable without the cigs
  • Options
    I ran out! OMG I need just one more pack!!!
    Well get one and make sure you toss it
    GoiMTvP.gif