Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    Well get one and make sure you toss it
    Im not wasting them.. ill smoke them til im sick!!! lol
  • Options
    Im not wasting them.. ill smoke them til im sick!!! lol
    That is what I am going to do. All right, if you are on the east coast, only a few hours left. Smoke them if you got em.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    forget me nonsense post the other night, hope you can quit the ciggies.

I was drunk, but reckon patches are of no physical use, only a placebo(if it works-all good and well.) I smoke myself, emotional crutch-like, serious surrender.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    forget me nonsense post the other night, hope you can quit the ciggies.

I was drunk, but reckon patches are of no physical use, only a placebo(if it works-all good and well.) I smoke myself, emotional crutch-like, serious surrender.
    Thanks so much!

I agree on placebo but I am willing to believe if it works. Gives ya crazy dreams!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Tomorrow is officially quitting day right? I wanted to share this with you all because, laugh if you want to but I have ALWAYS found encouragement in THIS. One way or another. The story AND the song are both a big help. "Just a man and his will to survive." I KNOW all of you WILL be successful and I hope to cheer you on as much as possible!!!

Here is something Rocky said that is so powerful if you really understand it:

"The world ain't all sunshine & rainbows, its a very rough meeting place. No matter how tough you think you are, it'll ALWAYS bring you to your knees and KEEP you there....PERMANENTLY if you let it. You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life. It ain't how hard you hit. Its about how hard you can GET HIT and KEEP MOVING FORWARD.....and how much you can take, and KEEP MOVING FORWARD. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit."

KEEP MOVING FORWARD GUYS!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Tomorrow is officially quitting day right? I wanted to share this with you all because, laugh if you want to but I have ALWAYS found encouragement in THIS. One way or another. The story AND the song are both a big help. "Just a man and his will to survive." I KNOW all of you WILL be successful and I hope to cheer you on as much as possible!!!

Here is something Rocky said that is so powerful if you really understand it:

"The world ain't all sunshine & rainbows, its a very rough meeting place. No matter how tough you think you are, it'll ALWAYS bring you to your knees and KEEP you there....PERMANENTLY if you let it. You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life. It ain't how hard you hit. Its about how hard you can GET HIT and KEEP MOVING FORWARD.....and how much you can take, and KEEP MOVING FORWARD. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit."

KEEP MOVING FORWARD GUYS!!!!!

Gonna Fly now!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    you guys are doing the right thing.
    i know it's hard, but you guys have gotta stick through it.
    you could be saving your lives.

when i was younger, however little it was, i helped my dad, a long-time (and i mean long-time) smoker quit.
    one of the best feelings of my life when he finally quit for real!

you are doing yourselves a favor!
    as you should be smoking your last ciggarette right about now, i wish you all the best. you can do it!
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Off we go. :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    Off we go. :)
    You beat me! Just got back from outside and I am done. Everything is thrown out and I am psyched!!

Thanks for doing this with me! It is going to make it much easier!

Good luck to everyone!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Ive only just noticed this thread and must throw in my two bobs worth.

Its easier than you think guys and you will feel so much better. They say time heals all wounds and its the same with cancer sticks....the longer you go the better.

Ill continue to monitor this thread. BEST of luck to all of you - it will change your lives!! Go get em
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Ive only just noticed this thread and must throw in my two bobs worth.

Its easier than you think guys and you will feel so much better. They say time heals all wounds and its the same with cancer sticks....the longer you go the better.

Ill continue to monitor this thread. BEST of luck to all of you - it will change your lives!! Go get em
    Thank you so much. Your help is wanted!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Thank you so much. Your help is wanted!

Ill be watching ya.

Helping a friend at the mo to get off em. She has the same problem I did.............association. Beer = ciggy. I just avoided the grog for two weeks and never looked back. I found it terribly easy but everyone is different.

I had a few drags on saturday out of interest. Tasted like shit and the phlegm I had the following morning was nasty.

Do it Black Diamond.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    You beat me! Just got back from outside and I am done. Everything is thrown out and I am psyched!!

Thanks for doing this with me! It is going to make it much easier!

Good luck to everyone!

its GO time huh??!!! WOOHOO!!!! Im proud of you Black D!!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    its GO time huh??!!! WOOHOO!!!! Im proud of you Black D!!!!
    Me too! I have never been this into it! Thanks for all the great words!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Me too! I have never been this into it! Thanks for all the great words!

Thats because you have never hadd the support of the pearl jam pit crew members!!!! :D And same to you pal....same to you!

p.s i cant help but see your name and SING it!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    Thats because you have never hadd the support of the pearl jam pit crew members!!!! :D And same to you pal....same to you!

p.s i cant help but see your name and SING it!!! :D

Me too! It was a fine choice (The other was Pearl Jew)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283
    i'm a none smoker.. But i just got a job at quitline (those in Australia will know what it is), motivational interviewing, counselling etc for people wanting to quit. so as soon as I have any info that might be relevant, i'll post what i can :)
    I have no signature
  • Options
    Stella... that's awesome you work at Quitline :)

never smoked.. watched close ones struggle with quitting..
    wah
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I've been monitoring this thread ... but have never smoked so didn't feel I had any constructive advice to add but just wanted to say YOU CAN DO IT! There are people on the otherside of the world checking in on your progress and sending you some positive vibes to help you along.

And for those with kids ... as the child of smokers I know by quitting you are making your kids dreams come true. They want Mummy/Daddy to be around as long as possible :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    I've been monitoring this thread ... but have never smoked so didn't feel I had any constructive advice to add but just wanted to say YOU CAN DO IT! There are people on the otherside of the world checking in on your progress and sending you some positive vibes to help you along.

And for those with kids ... as the child of smokers I know by quitting you are making your kids dreams come true. They want Mummy/Daddy to be around as long as possible :)
    To Stella, Pants and Chime, thank you so much for those awesome words and we will definately take any information quitline's got.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    All right. Woke up this morning after, throwing out everything in the garbage last night and having my last cig at 11:57 and my first thought was I wish I would have smoked one more. The morning is always the worst for me.

I have always been beaten by the oh you could have just one and feel better and then continue on with stopping. When that has happend I usually am up to a pack by lunch.

So fought off the dreaded morning craving. Got the patch on. I actually feel it now and am much calmer. Tip one for the day is cinammon seems to always help me (I got that a little while ago from when I was doing the laser quit). So I am proud that I walked into my smoke shop and instead of buying camel lights, I bought Cinnamon Altoids (My guy actually pulled a pack out for me and asked if I wanted it.

So although it is only 7 AM I would have had at least 2 cigs by now. I have had none :).

Next big hurdle is walk from bus station up to office where I would usually smoke 3.

How are the tryers doing?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Congrats on your first successful challange. YOU PASSED!

As a non-smoker would also like to thank you for not smoking on your walk to work. I'm one of these people who can't eat in a morning as it makes me queasy. If anyone up to 10 metres in front of me lights up I have to speed up and overtake them because the smell makes me feel ill anything up to about 3 hours after I've woken up. So yeah some people aren't racing you to work :p ... I also have to switch seats if someone sits next to me on the train in a morning who has just smoked before getting on ... honestly I'm not being rude :o
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Congrats on your first successful challange. YOU PASSED!

As a non-smoker would also like to thank you for not smoking on your walk to work. I'm one of these people who can't eat in a morning as it makes me queasy. If anyone up to 10 metres in front of me lights up I have to speed up and overtake them because the smell makes me feel ill anything up to about 3 hours after I've woken up. So yeah some people aren't racing you to work :p ... I also have to switch seats if someone sits next to me on the train in a morning who has just smoked before getting on ... honestly I'm not being rude :o
    Oh I'm that guy on the train. I have had so many people move away and I can't blame them. It's either that or my IPOD is too loud. Well that will never change.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Oh I'm that guy on the train. I have had so many people move away and I can't blame them. It's either that or my IPOD is too loud. Well that will never change.

Well now you will know for sure ... if they move it's the IPod (their loss ;)) ... if they stay it's your improved aroma :p ... or lack or aroma :confused:
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Well now you will know for sure ... if they move it's the IPod (their loss ;)) ... if they stay it's your improved aroma :p ... or lack or aroma :confused:
    No aroma would be nice. You know it's bad if you can smell youself :eek:

That is one thing I am looking forward to. Getting back a more acute sense of taste and smell.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    No aroma would be nice. You know it's bad if you can smell youself :eek:

That is one thing I am looking forward to. Getting back a more acute sense of taste and smell.

Yeah I hear from friends who've quit that it makes food more enjoyable. Also something they weren't expecting ... hangovers are no where near as bad ... bonus :D
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Yeah I hear from friends who've quit that it makes food more enjoyable. Also something they weren't expecting ... hangovers are no where near as bad ... bonus :D
    That is a bonus. Although I suspect my alchohol intake is going to go down because I need a smoke if I get blitzed.

The one thing that is in my favor is that my job is usually crazy stressful. I work on Wall Street and it is a crazy environment.

But recently things have slow down a lot. So maybe stress won't be the breaker.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    take any information quitline's got.

Oh on this our National Health Service provide free support groups, phone lines, dvds, pamphlets etc (all of which of no use to those outside the UK :o) ... BUT I don't know if they'll be helpful info but this is the NHS' website for quitting http://gosmokefree.nhs.uk/

http://gosmokefree.nhs.uk/downloads/108281_main_guide_double.pdf
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Oh on this our National Health Service provide free support groups, phone lines, dvds, pamphlets etc (all of which of no use to those outside the UK :o) ... BUT I don't know if they'll be helpful info but this is the NHS' website for quitting http://gosmokefree.nhs.uk/

http://gosmokefree.nhs.uk/downloads/108281_main_guide_double.pdf

Thanks! I will check this out tonight!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    OK so made it through commute and walk. Get to the office and

1) One of my guys resigns and leaves me with a load of work
    2) My primary guy calls in sick and there are tons of reports due today

I have great luck!

I am holding in there. My breakfast is working wonders!
    GoiMTvP.gif