Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    pinot768pinot768 Posts: 295
    jmurray wrote:
    pinot768 wrote:
    Well, the nicotine monster got me again! :( I have been really stressed the last few weeks, what with the whole law school transfer and moving thing, and I just snapped! We'll see how long this lasts before I get sick of it again - or decide I really want to get my nails done! That was my reward for quitting smoking - I took the money I spent on cigs and used it to get my nails done and a pedicure. So we'll see if the stress or the vanity wins out :D

When your ready try again. It took me several tries to quit.

It seems like I'm always trying to quit...but at least I'm always trying!! I know one of these days, I will look back and realize I haven't smoked for a long time - just not there yet. Thanks so much for the encouragement - I needed that!!
    "I was born, and I know that I'll die...the in-between is mine."
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    You can do it. I can just imagine the stress your under right now. :? :roll: You'll be fine, at least your posting, and that's a really good sign that your really trying. :D

Good Luck Everyone!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

Hope is well for all of you. :D I'm hoping a friend will post here, because he stopped smoking again and he needs the support that this thread will give him...

((((((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    smellrosesmellrose Detroit Posts: 72
    Well, I've been going about 4 days, no smoking at all, then breaking down and having one or two, then 4 days or so, no smoking again. This has been going on for about 3 weeks so far. Whenever I do have those one or two smokes, I feel bad then stop again. I just wish I didn't like it so much! I read Alan Carr's book and tried to convince myself that I really wasn't enjoying it and that I'm much happier when I'm not smoking, but I'm finding that I really do enjoy it. I will keep trying, and refuse to let myself go back to where I was. The car is not so bad any more, so that's good. That nightly walk in the park with the dogs is still really hard. If I can get past the week mark, I think it'll be okay. I haven't gotten through a weekend yet, so that is going to be my next goal. I've also put on a little extra weight, which ticks me off. I usually do cardio at the gym 3 x a week for 35 min., so I've added 10 min. to each session to see if that will help.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Options
    Day 115 baby! (4/16/09)

One week from today (4/23/09) will be Day 122 and my 4 month mark!!!
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Day 115 baby! (4/16/09)

One week from today (4/23/09) will be Day 122 and my 4 month mark!!!

Congrats!
  • Options
    Your all doing fantastic!!! You really have a lot to be proud of...

Congrats!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
    May 23rd 2009:

Day 152...

5 MONTHS TODAY!!!!! :D:D:D

WHOO HOO!!!

I'm so proud of myself....hard to believe in one month June 23rd will be my 6 month anniversary...half a year already. Wow.

If I can do it, you all can too! ;)
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    nine months and four days for me. my lungs haven't felt better. if anyone out there is looking to quit, you have my full support, and i'll be here for y'all.
  • Options
    Congratulations to All of You That are Celebrating your Anniversary for not Smoking!!!! :D;):mrgreen:

I'm on my going to be going on 9 months next week... :D;)

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs to you all ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283
    smellrose wrote:
    Well, I've been going about 4 days, no smoking at all, then breaking down and having one or two, then 4 days or so, no smoking again. This has been going on for about 3 weeks so far. Whenever I do have those one or two smokes, I feel bad then stop again. I just wish I didn't like it so much! I read Alan Carr's book and tried to convince myself that I really wasn't enjoying it and that I'm much happier when I'm not smoking, but I'm finding that I really do enjoy it. I will keep trying, and refuse to let myself go back to where I was. The car is not so bad any more, so that's good. That nightly walk in the park with the dogs is still really hard. If I can get past the week mark, I think it'll be okay. I haven't gotten through a weekend yet, so that is going to be my next goal. I've also put on a little extra weight, which ticks me off. I usually do cardio at the gym 3 x a week for 35 min., so I've added 10 min. to each session to see if that will help.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hello
    You say "i just wish i didn't like it so much", can you tell me what you like about and enjoy about it?
    I have no signature
  • Options
    I thought I'd stop by and see how everyone is doing with NOT SMOKING...

I'm proud to say, I'm going on 9 months on the 2nd of July... Yay!!!

If anyone has quit, just vent out here... even if you need some support, this is the place to be... :)

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    just over ten months now without a cigarette.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Day 6 and the urge to smoke and kill people is decreasing....
  • Options
    SIX MONTHS TODAY!!!

YES!!!

Can't believe it's been half a year already...
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    SIX MONTHS TODAY!!!

YES!!!

Can't believe it's been half a year already...

Now THAT is something to celebrate!!!! :D Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    My uncle smokes alot I wish he'd stop, my parents stopped smoking when I was little, I remember them wearing the patch and stuff lol
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    I just want to say Congrats. to everyone that has quit smoking, or trying to quit!!! :D

A week from today will be 11 months for me!!! I'm really psyched about it... woohoo!!!

I really do wish EVERYONE GOOD LUCK!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    I just want to say Congrats. to everyone that has quit smoking, or trying to quit!!! :D

A week from today will be 11 months for me!!! I'm really psyched about it... woohoo!!!

Nice!!! That is awesome...when will it be a year for you?

I was about to bring this thread up again when I saw you already had....forgot to say a few days ago ...July 23 was the 7 months mark for me, still going strong!
  • Options

Nice!!! That is awesome...when will it be a year for you?

I was about to bring this thread up again when I saw you already had....forgot to say a few days ago ...July 23 was the 7 months mark for me, still going strong!
    Good to hear and Congrats... it will be a year September 2nd :D Keep up the good work!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I was one of the quitters in the header of this thread...
    Not sure if I ever admitted to starting again, but I didn't last very long with that attempt...
    I'm happy to say that I have not had a single puff in over two months - May 28th was my day. Like i needed more incentive, but.... I was going for a holiday to visit an old friend....she told me she wouldn't kiss a smoker, so... ;)
    I can honestly say I think it will stick this time. No cheating AT ALL. The cravings are STILL buggin me, but they're less frequent, and of shorter duration...plus, I've limited the amount I'm drinking; that's helped.
    Now if I could just maintain the diet/exercise program I started when I first quit smoking........

:)
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Not sure if I ever admitted to starting again, but I didn't last very long with that attempt...
    I'm happy to say that I have not had a single puff in over two months - May 28th was my day. Like i needed more incentive, but.... I was going for a holiday to visit an old friend....she told me she wouldn't kiss a smoker, so... ;)
    I can honestly say I think it will stick this time. No cheating AT ALL. The cravings are STILL buggin me, but they're less frequent, and of shorter duration...plus, I've limited the amount I'm drinking; that's helped.
    Now if I could just maintain the diet/exercise program I started when I first quit smoking........

AWESOME!!!

I am thrilled that this is still going on!! As the OP on the old board I am so happy to see this! Have not been here for a bit but as some of you might know I did go back for a bit but it has been just under 6 months back in the saddle and I am psyched for PJP who is coming up to our 1 year anniversary on Sept. 2nd :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

AWESOME!!!

I am thrilled that this is still going on!! As the OP on the old board I am so happy to see this! Have not been here for a bit but as some of you might know I did go back for a bit but it has been just under 6 months back in the saddle and I am psyched for PJP who is coming up to our 1 year anniversary on Sept. 2nd :)
    ya, I saw your name in the users online, that's what made me think to bump the thread :)
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Been awhile since I've seen this thread just wanted to say congrats to all ... and BD I hadn't wanted to ask but glad that you are still going strong this time :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Been awhile since I've seen this thread just wanted to say congrats to all ... and BD I hadn't wanted to ask but glad that you are still going strong this time :mrgreen:

Thanks kiddo! You in for the 3rd GB concert?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Chime wrote:

Yep ... in one of the balconies ... but in!
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Chime wrote:

Yep ... in one of the balconies ... but in!
    Sweet!! :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172

AWESOME!!!

yay you're back!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Well Ladies and Gentleman,

If you have not been paying attention, today September 2nd is the one year anniversary of this little project we started.

Congratulations to Heart Shaped Box (AKA PJP) for making it to the one year anniversary with out smoking!!! :D:D

I don't know if anyone from our orginal list kept it up, but if you did you should be sooooooooo proud of yourselves!

I went back but it has now been just under 6 months, so that ain't bad either :)

I hope people who have not joined in take this oppotunity of the anniversary to give it a shot. It is my daughters birthday and it got me going. Find something in your lives that makes it work.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Well Ladies and Gentleman,

If you have not been paying attention, today September 2nd is the one year anniversary of this little project we started.

Congratulations to Heart Shaped Box (AKA PJP) for making it to the one year anniversary with out smoking!!! :D:D

I don't know if anyone from our orginal list kept it up, but if you did you should be sooooooooo proud of yourselves!

I went back but it has now been just under 6 months, so that ain't bad either :)

I hope people who have not joined in take this oppotunity of the anniversary to give it a shot. It is my daughters birthday and it got me going. Find something in your lives that makes it work.
    BD, I'd like to thank you soooo much for acknowledging this day!! :D I also would like to thank you for starting this thread, and for being there to make me laugh and keep me on track, especially at the beginning ... I really don't think I would have had the strength at that time to stop... thank you also to all of the people that stopped by this thread and supported all of us through this...

I wish you the very best of luck BD, and you know I'm here to support you, as well as everyone else who has taken this big step, and who has stopped smoking or is thinking about it... :D

Congratulations Everyone!!!

Happy Birthday to BD's Daughter!!!

(((((((((((((((((((( Big Hugs ))))))))))))))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad