Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I'm getting the patch on Friday.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Thanks so much HSB for the encouraging words, they mean a lot :D

So it's day 5.
    I'll admit I cheated the other day when I went to my cousin's. I had a couple of drags. To my surprise, it did absolutely nothing for me. It was gross and made me really dizzy. Today was my first day back to work after the holidays...My drive into work where i'd normally have 2 cigarettes was REALLY long. I wanted one really bad. Now that i'm at work, I'm craving one even more but i'll fight through it.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Jukee wrote:

So it's day 5.
    I'll admit I cheated the other day when I went to my cousin's. I had a couple of drags. To my surprise, it did absolutely nothing for me. It was gross and made me really dizzy. Today was my first day back to work after the holidays...My drive into work where i'd normally have 2 cigarettes was REALLY long. I wanted one really bad. Now that i'm at work, I'm craving one even more but i'll fight through it.
    You're so very welcome.... I'm here any time you need encouragement... are you on the patch?

((((((( Big Hugs )))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Jukee wrote:

So it's day 5.
    You're so very welcome.... I'm here any time you need encouragement... are you on the patch?

((((((( Big Hugs )))))))

No, i'm not on the patch but I am chewing an abnormal amount of gum :lol:
  • Options
    just wanted to pop my head into this thread and wish everyone good luck and send good positive vibes to those who are trying to kick the habit. While I'm not trying to quit, I'm trying to dramatically decrease my smoking and so far have successfully cut my daily cig intake to about half. It's a start i guess :)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    I'm in no way affiliated with the site but here it is:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com

It's about "electronic cigarettes." I know it's better to quit nicotine altogether, but for those who find it too difficult, I've found this to be a wonderful alternative.

I've tried to quit using the patch, gum, cold-turkey, and chantix, and the e-cigarette has been a godsend for me. If you're interested, do your research first, and Good luck!
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    I'm getting the patch on Friday.
    Good luck, and please keep up posted...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Day 10.

Still not smoking, feeling great. I think i've conquered the hardest part and I hope it's smooth sailing from here. I've decided not to buy a car right now, I'm going to start saving for the PJ weekend, that way when the time comes and they announce where they're going to play my husband can't say anything because i'll already have the funds or some of it anyway's. :D
  • Options
    Jukee wrote:
    Day 10.

Still not smoking, feeling great. I think i've conquered the hardest part and I hope it's smooth sailing from here. I've decided not to buy a car right now, I'm going to start saving for the PJ weekend, that way when the time comes and they announce where they're going to play my husband can't say anything because i'll already have the funds or some of it anyway's. :D
    I'm so proud of you!!! :clap::clap::clap: Keep up the good work my friend!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Jukee wrote:
    Day 10.

Thanks!!!
    Day 17 and still going strong. I've lost the urge pretty much. It amazes me how much it stinks, wow I can't believe I walked around smelling like that for the last 10-12 yrs :sick:
  • Options
    Jukee wrote:
    Jukee wrote:
    Day 10.

Thanks!!!
    Day 17 and still going strong. I've lost the urge pretty much. It amazes me how much it stinks, wow I can't believe I walked around smelling like that for the last 10-12 yrs :sick:
    I know, and I bet you can smell anyone that has smoked and it just makes you sick now... Isn't it awesome?

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Very awesome. I feel like a new person. I'm actually enjoying exercising now because I can breathe.

This week is national quit smoking week, come on people, you's can do it!! :D
  • Options
    I hope this thread helps you out Stinkfoot....

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Here's a personal update:

On Feb. 7th I started a new job and since then (almost 2 months now) I've followed this routine EXACTLY without straying once...

Monday through Friday I am completely focused on work. All I do during the work week is eat, sleep and work. I do not smoke a single cigarette. We have a policy at work that says there is no smoking on the premises so you have to leave to smoke a cig. I think this has helped me to not smoke at work and during the week.

Here's the kicker though,...on the weekends, usually just Saturday I go out with friends for a couple beers and end up smoking a few throughout the night. But when Monday comes it's business as usual and I flip the smoking switch off.

I know what a lot of you are thinking, "If you can do that, just quit!" Believe me, that is the ultimate goal but for now I'm pleased to have gone from full-fledged smoking to 1-2 nights a week social smoking. Somehow this works for me and I am able to pull it off. Complete cessation remains the ultimate goal, however.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    so i quit for about 20 months, and relapsed two months ago. i bought a pack while on a solo vacation, and slowly started up again. none of my friends know about me smoking (at least when sober, i've been caught a few times while plastered). i plan on being smoke-free again by my birthday (july 2), and will hopefully start the process again next week. i remember the first month or so were hell last time i quit, can anyone tell me honestly that it's gonna be easier this time around?
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    so i quit for about 20 months, and relapsed two months ago. i bought a pack while on a solo vacation, and slowly started up again. none of my friends know about me smoking (at least when sober, i've been caught a few times while plastered). i plan on being smoke-free again by my birthday (july 2), and will hopefully start the process again next week. i remember the first month or so were hell last time i quit, can anyone tell me honestly that it's gonna be easier this time around?
    It will be easier this time around. Not honestly...but you need encouragement ;)
    I think it's a bit easier knowing you've done it before, but the same problems persist...good luck, I don't have to tell you it's beyond worth the aggravation...

Funny you should bump this thread today...I was an original participant in this quit group.... I relapsed pretty quickly that attempt...but tried again soon after, and today is my two year tobacco-free anniversary :)
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    It will be easier this time around. Not honestly...but you need encouragement ;)
    I think it's a bit easier knowing you've done it before, but the same problems persist...good luck, I don't have to tell you it's beyond worth the aggravation...

Funny you should bump this thread today...I was an original participant in this quit group.... I relapsed pretty quickly that attempt...but tried again soon after, and today is my two year tobacco-free anniversary :)

congrats on the two-years!
    i'm thinking thursday's gonna be my quit-date. i'm gonna do it again cold turkey like last time. i'm not anywhere near the amount that i used to smoke in the past, now only doing around 2-3 packs/week, but i doubt it'll be any easier. first step: the psychological barrier.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Ok stopped again 3 days...

I am in a shit mood :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

hang in there.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The 81 wrote:

hang in there.....
    +1..im out of cigarette 6 years now..u saw how good im in sex..i can do hip hop moves now.. :shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The 81 wrote:

hang in there.....
    +1..im out of cigarette 6 years now..u saw how good im in sex..i can do hip hop moves now.. :shock:
    :shock:
    My poor wife :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :shock:
    :lol::lol: ..less than 80 days ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I've decided after 17 years of smoking (the last 7 of which I've kept trying to give up) that I've gotta do it now. I don't feel good, clogged up chest, tired from work, I've been ill this winter, etc, etc. I gotta do it some time.

Anyway, my I keep trying but by day 2 I get so fucking horrible and stroppy with my wife and three toddlers that I start again just to stop being an asshole at home. She's gone away for a week with the kids today, so I reckon I've got a 7 day headstart on the not smoking. I can hit walls and be an asshole alone. I've planned it, I've told her I'm going to do it.... But it's 2 hours since I woke up and I'm already feeling really in need of a smoke! :oops:
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921

I've decided after 17 years of smoking (the last 7 of which I've kept trying to give up) that I've gotta do it now. I don't feel good, clogged up chest, tired from work, I've been ill this winter, etc, etc. I gotta do it some time.

Anyway, my I keep trying but by day 2 I get so fucking horrible and stroppy with my wife and three toddlers that I start again just to stop being an asshole at home. She's gone away for a week with the kids today, so I reckon I've got a 7 day headstart on the not smoking. I can hit walls and be an asshole alone. I've planned it, I've told her I'm going to do it.... But it's 2 hours since I woke up and I'm already feeling really in need of a smoke! :oops:

Brush your teeth and go for a walk. Good luck :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    I shall be joining in this thread sooner rather than later. Til then.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    good to go here
    can't believe i ever even smoked those things
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    My friend's mom decided to stop smoking in her mid 50s after smoking her whole life, just to be a healthier person..

2 months after she quit, she was diagnosed with cancer. 6 months later she was dead.

She never got to meet her grandchildren..

It's a stupid, stupid habit.

I know it's not my business, but when I see Ed smoking, I think to myself he should be quitting for his daughters if not himself.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    Went in for a complete physical today. have to wait a week for results from blood test/EKG. But I DID get info on quitting. I have the coolest Doctor. Fully supportive of my drink/drug recovery and didnt hassle me about the cigs. Just said when you're ready, she'd help in anyway she can.

Now I just need to decide on HOW I'll go about it, then WHEN. I'm pretty sure by my Bday on the 27th, I'll be on my way.

Has anyone had any success using Zyban or Chantix?
    Other options include the patch or Ecigs to wean off the nicotine.
    Or COLDTURKEY!!! :lolno: :lolno:

:think: :think: :think: :thumbup:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    breathing like a champion
    feels greatness to be able

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Went in for a complete physical today. have to wait a week for results from blood test/EKG. But I DID get info on quitting. I have the coolest Doctor. Fully supportive of my drink/drug recovery and didnt hassle me about the cigs. Just said when you're ready, she'd help in anyway she can.

Now I just need to decide on HOW I'll go about it, then WHEN. I'm pretty sure by my Bday on the 27th, I'll be on my way.

Has anyone had any success using Zyban or Chantix?
    Other options include the patch or Ecigs to wean off the nicotine.
    Or COLDTURKEY!!! :lolno: :lolno:

:think: :think: :think: :thumbup:
    one form of quitting cigarettes is to roast joints.
    everytime you want a smoke
    @(*!@#$%^&amp;^%$##$%^??><>?<>?:"{+_)(*&^%%%one weeek later you're championship material

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce